Page 503 of 526 FirstFirst ... 403453493499500501502503504505506507513 ... LastLast
Results 12,551 to 12,575 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

  1. #12551
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The maze that pays
    Posts
    10,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Well, Pokemon Bank is ridiculously user unfriendly. It's almost as bad as the Pal Park in Diamond/Pearl. The only redeeming trait is the fact that it'll only take me a few hours to transfer all of my Pokemon, as opposed to a few months.
    Honestly, I feel like it'd be better if it was accessible from something like a PC instead of a 3DS.

    Coordinating, listing, and categorizing over a hundred Boxes of Pokemon to your own needs is a grand enough endeavor to suit a large screen and a mouse, IMO.

  2. #12552
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    So I absolutely cannot wait for Mario Golf to be released.

  3. #12553
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Honestly, I feel like it'd be better if it was accessible from something like a PC instead of a 3DS.

    Coordinating, listing, and categorizing over a hundred Boxes of Pokemon to your own needs is a grand enough endeavor to suit a large screen and a mouse, IMO.
    None of that is really much of a concern for people who are just transferring Pokemon though (which is probably like, 80% of Bank users), and it wouldn't really matter if they put it on PC for that. As a transfer service it's just extremely inconvenient because it's a long and tedious process punctuated by loading at almost every step and because of that weird restriction that you can only transfer Pokemon out of Box 1 on your 5th gen games. I honestly hope they provide other alternatives when they can, I would hate to rely on this system every generation from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  4. #12554
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    None of that is really much of a concern for people who are just transferring Pokemon though (which is probably like, 80% of Bank users), and it wouldn't really matter if they put it on PC for that. As a transfer service it's just extremely inconvenient because it's a long and tedious process punctuated by loading at almost every step and because of that weird restriction that you can only transfer Pokemon out of Box 1 on your 5th gen games. I honestly hope they provide other alternatives when they can, I would hate to rely on this system every generation from now on.
    The system will be infinitely better going forward because the Bank can directly access your entire box in X & Y.
    Transporter is probably cumbersome because it has to be due to however it connects to DS games; the Bank itself doesn't have that problem.

  5. #12555
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Honestly, I feel like it'd be better if it was accessible from something like a PC instead of a 3DS.

    Coordinating, listing, and categorizing over a hundred Boxes of Pokemon to your own needs is a grand enough endeavor to suit a large screen and a mouse, IMO.
    It's possible in the future they could create a web interface for it. That would definitely be very handy.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  6. #12556
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    I don't get why you need to put all the Pokémons you want on Box 1. Why couldn't they just let you pick whichever box you want? I want to transfer the Pokémons from my JP Black, but I can't. Action Replay bypasses the DSi region locking for B/W/2 (IIRC it was because of the DSi's camera, but don't quote me on that), but my AR broke last month. And I don't have a phat DS anymore*. It's highly inconvenient for me, but it's not such a tragic design flaw that's gonna force me to make a 5 paragraph rant.

    Oh well, I'll try to get another Action Replay tomorrow when I go and pick up Bravely Default CE. Rest of the payment $30 + paid preorder for FFX/X-2 HD PS3 and Vita $80 + Action Replay $24 + tax = too much money.

    *if that sounds confusing
    iirc the Japanese versions of Black(2)/White(2) are completely playable on DS phat and DS Lite. The DSi, XL, 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS on the other hand completely refuses to load them. HOWEVER, if you insert the games on an Action Replay, it bypasses whatever the restrictions are, so you can play the JP 5th gen games on a DSi.

    I can play the JP version of Diamond just fine on my DSi and 3DS, but they won't read the JP version of Black
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  7. #12557
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,929

    Default

    I'm assuming the box 1 specification relates to how they had to get around the DS connection issue

    It's such a distinct design decision that I can't see them doing it like this unless they had to

  8. #12558
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    3,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's possible in the future they could create a web interface for it. That would definitely be very handy.
    Not only that, but you could also actually get bragging rights for your Pokémon by showcasing them without being forced to display them on GTS through impossible trades. THAT would be very handy.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  9. #12559
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Not only that, but you could also actually get bragging rights for your Pokémon by showcasing them without being forced to display them on GTS through impossible trades. THAT would be very handy.
    It's funny how in the generation with a big online component they got rid of the box display feature from the gen 4 (& 5?) games
    Could tie metals to it and everything now...

  10. #12560
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Not only that, but you could also actually get bragging rights for your Pokémon by showcasing them without being forced to display them on GTS through impossible trades. THAT would be very handy.
    Yeah that would also be a really neat addition. There's a lot of things that a web interface would be useful for.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  11. #12561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Not only that, but you could also actually get bragging rights for your Pokémon by showcasing them without being forced to display them on GTS through impossible trades. THAT would be very handy.
    I wish we could show them off in Miiverse, but noooooooooo.

    Apparently, it's not because of Pokemon-amie letting people be naughty, but I don't know what it is if the likes of Animal Crossing can be used for snapshots.

  12. #12562
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    I don't see what everyone's problem with the Pokemon Transporter is. Sure, it may take a little bit if you have more the 30 to transfer, but this is the fastest mode of transport GF has given us so far. To get them from gen 1 to 2, we had to trade them one at a time, and from 3 to 4, we had re-capture them one at a time. And to get it from 4-5, you had to play some silly mini-game that made it more difficult to bring back legendaries and rarer Pokemon. Generations 5-6 allow us to transfer 30 at a time, with only one system.

    Honestly, I see this as a huge improvement.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  13. #12563
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    My only problem with Transporter is forcing us to move the Pokémons to Box 1. However, while to me it's a big deal, it's not to the general public. It's only a big deal if you have the Japanese versions of the 5th Gen games, and don't have either an Action Replay or DS models before the DSi. I was gonna buy an AR yesterday so I can move the Pokémon from my JP Black to box 1 and transfer them to X/Y, but I've already spent over $100 on the Bravely Default CE and fully paying off my FFX/X-2 HD PS3/Vita pre-orders. Plus, it seems GameStop price hiked it. Used to be $25, not it's $30 >:/

    Anyways, did Nintendo say why X/Y don't have the Miiverse sharing picture thing? It's not like there are any big spoilers that would break the story. It's not like in Gen 1, where Green/Blue being the Elite Four Champion was a surprise.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  14. #12564
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    Anyways, did Nintendo say why X/Y don't have the Miiverse sharing picture thing? It's not like there are any big spoilers that would break the story. It's not like in Gen 1, where Green/Blue being the Elite Four Champion was a surprise.
    Wait. Blue becoming Champion was supposed to be surprising? Looks like I missed the cue, then. I've wondered the same thing about the picture sharing thing, though. I don't feel story spoilers would have much to do with it, but aside from showing off shinies or something, what kind of pictures would people upload? Pictures from the photo spots or something?
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia



  15. #12565
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Wait. Blue becoming Champion was supposed to be surprising? Looks like I missed the cue, then. I've wondered the same thing about the picture sharing thing, though. I don't feel story spoilers would have much to do with it, but aside from showing off shinies or something, what kind of pictures would people upload? Pictures from the photo spots or something?
    The same kind of pictures anyone uploads to miiverse
    I did this cool thing
    Look at this silly/great dialog
    This is a cute/amusing image!

    and spoilers are a bunk reason, miiverse has had spoiler tags since like day 1

  16. #12566
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    XY have a built-in photograph system that connects with Global Link, so I feel like they didn't want to make it obsolete. Though it sucks that the Miiverse community is suffering because of Gamefreak's stubbornness.

  17. #12567
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    XY have a built-in photograph system that connects with Global Link, so I feel like they didn't want to make it obsolete. Though it sucks that the Miiverse community is suffering because of Gamefreak's stubbornness.
    the thing is, it doesn't make it obsolete
    The in-game photo system is far more elaborate compared to miiverse's screen grabs and the gl functionality for it (posting it to your profile to share and such) isn't quite the same as miiverse.

    And I mean, animal crossing had an entire tool devoted to sharing photos you've taken to twitter & tumblr....

  18. #12568
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    One thing I don't get about the 3DS is that it doesn't have a messaging feature. Why can't I send messages to my friends? There's spot pass, but you don't even know if someone sent you a message, or it's just Nikki with one of her annoying messages again. Exchanging FCs is even more annoying. Why can't I just type that guy's name or FC, then he/she receives the request, and just have a cancel or accept option? The 3DS just seems backwards when it comes to social features.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  19. #12569
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    One thing I don't get about the 3DS is that it doesn't have a messaging feature. Why can't I send messages to my friends? There's spot pass, but you don't even know if someone sent you a message, or it's just Nikki with one of her annoying messages again. Exchanging FCs is even more annoying. Why can't I just type that guy's name or FC, then he/she receives the request, and just have a cancel or accept option? The 3DS just seems backwards when it comes to social features.
    Unfortunately, you can't even use Swapnote anymore either. The reason Swapnote was taken down is likely the same reason the 3DS has no real messaging system. It's because of too much offensive material.

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  20. #12570
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Unfortunately, you can't even use Swapnote anymore either. The reason Swapnote was taken down is likely the same reason the 3DS has no real messaging system. It's because of too much offensive material.
    Still bugged we can't use that properly to this day, argh.
    Of course Nintendo is known for their 'family friendliness' and what not but seriously. There are always going to be people out there who abuse the feature as such; just keep the incidents isolated instead of punishing an entire community. People will always find as a way...as can be seen with the PSS on X/Y. An all around nice feature but the communication department is pretty shay, especially if you don't feel like trying to chat. Those character limits. ;_;
    Never was a fan of those who react rather than be proactive in he first place. :B

    /end-rant.

    ANYWAYS.

    Looks like I have some catching up to do with Direct.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

    Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

  21. #12571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    There are always going to be people out there who abuse the feature as such; just keep the incidents isolated instead of punishing an entire community.
    People were using the service to exchange child pornography. How can you say "nah, just keep the feature as is and isolate the incidents"?


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  22. #12572
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    There are always going to be people out there who abuse the feature as such; just keep the incidents isolated instead of punishing an entire community.
    You forget that Nintendo still doesn't know how to do online.

  23. #12573
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    People were using the service to exchange child pornography. How can you say "nah, just keep the feature as is and isolate the incidents"?
    Implying that's the only device/method people use for their sick fantasies and whatnot?
    Given it really brings into question if the photo feature should have been implemented in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    You forget that Nintendo still doesn't know how to do online.
    Yeah. It's a little frustrating at times, but what can you do, given the demographic they're going for. :B
    Last edited by Rio!; 13th February 2014 at 6:56 PM.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

    Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

  24. #12574
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Implying that's the only device/method people use for their sick fantasies and whatnot?
    He wasn't implying that at all.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  25. #12575
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/13...dition-europe/

    This is so not fair. EU is getting everything this year

Page 503 of 526 FirstFirst ... 403453493499500501502503504505506507513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •