Page 504 of 523 FirstFirst ... 404454494500501502503504505506507508514 ... LastLast
Results 12,576 to 12,600 of 13055

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

  1. #12576
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/13...dition-europe/

    This is so not fair. EU is getting everything this year
    *Looks at Atlus games and Rune Factory 4 sitting on shelf*

    I'm not complaining.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  2. #12577
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Implying that's the only device/method people use for their sick fantasies and whatnot?
    Given it really brings into question if the photo feature should have been implemented in the first place. :B
    Usually, The only people that can see the Swapnote images are the Sender or recipient(s), but there is no evidence that Nintendo actually could check the photos. With the correct settings on both 3DSes you can save images. Well, I've got photo's of Serebii forum user Zyon's ingame Character from the first few Days of X & Y's Release, on my PC, via Swapnote.

    Well, I think it was of the easier ways to "get" said images. Due to Rules of Serebii.net, I will not explain how I come across this knowledge. However, I can say: A large amount of 3DS users are under 18. I think someone can convince a younger impressionable person to take photos and attach them to Swapnote posts. (Actually, someone did do this: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/05...service-japan/ )

    Also, If this news came out, and Nintendo didn't do anything. I'd be willing to bet that UK sales would also stop immediately. Well, the UK news was running stories about a child sex scandal, Nintendo with that content would be in serious trouble. It's big enough story that BBC News has a Hub about it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20026910 I'm glad that none of the big UK news companies ran a story on it at the time.

    EDIT: I can say for certain that there are other ways to get these types of images. Because there are laws about this topic, I am forbidden say more.
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 13th February 2014 at 8:30 PM.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  3. #12578
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/13...dition-europe/

    This is so not fair. EU is getting everything this year
    Not true at all.

    We still don't have Shin Megami Tensei IV and we are never getting Rune Factory 4.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  4. #12579
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    I wasn't expecting Trozei sequel to come out this soon, I expecting it come out about June/July. Then again, the period between its initial announcement, its release date is pretty standard for this franchise's spin-off titles and we generally have something for Winter/Spring and Summer and/or Autumn periods, so I shouldn't really be surprised.

    Eh, one spin-off done. Let's see what they are planning for this Summer/Autumn.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  5. #12580
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    People were using the service to exchange child pornography. How can you say "nah, just keep the feature as is and isolate the incidents"?
    You can send messages and pictures on the PS3 and Vita (not sure about PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbone). On Vita, it's easier to get naked pictures since you can just ask them to take pictures of themselves with the camera (although at like 120p). Yet Sony has not blocked messaging. The Xbox 360 allows voice messages. If you want, you can just record porn audio, and send it to whoever you want. Yet MS has not blocked voice messages.

    No doubt a lot of people used Spotpass to ask for nude child photos and went undetected, but there were also people who used it for legitimately sending safe, not porn, messages. I can even draw boobies on Miiverse right now if I want to (I'm not. I don't wanna get banned)
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

    LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

  6. #12581
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    You can send messages and pictures on the PS3 and Vita (not sure about PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbone). On Vita, it's easier to get naked pictures since you can just ask them to take pictures of themselves with the camera (although at like 120p). Yet Sony has not blocked messaging. The Xbox 360 allows voice messages. If you want, you can just record porn audio, and send it to whoever you want. Yet MS has not blocked voice messages.

    No doubt a lot of people used Spotpass to ask for nude child photos and went undetected, but there were also people who used it for legitimately sending safe, not porn, messages. I can even draw boobies on Miiverse right now if I want to (I'm not. I don't wanna get banned)
    That's because Sony and Microsoft don't care and can get away with it. Nintendo can't because they're a family oriented company and they obviously don't share apathetic attitude "Oh well this happens on the internet all the time, that makes it acceptable"




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  7. #12582
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    That's because Sony and Microsoft don't care and can get away with it. Nintendo can't because they're a family oriented company and they obviously don't share apathetic attitude "Oh well this happens on the internet all the time, that makes it acceptable"
    Yes, but with Spotpass, it was the only way friends can send messages to each other. You can't just go to your friends list, highlight a friend, and send him/her a message like you would on Playstation and Xbox. I don't think you can even send private or open messages to people on Miiverse 3DS, unless you write something on their posts (please correct me on this. I want to send messages to a few people).

    It's fine that Nintendo has a demographic. Xbox and PS caters to Teens and Adults, Wii U/3DS caters to Kids. That's fine to me. But what happens when someone decides to draw hentai on the Pokémon page on Miiverse? Will Miiverse be shut down? On Pokémon X, my PSS message is "I LOVE PAIZURI"*. On Pokémon Y, I also have another "naughty" comment. Hundreds of new and random people see those comments everyday I'm online, but it's all fine and dandy. But I guess I'm just ranting now. Social media is social media. There are no bounds and limits. You know what the consequences are, and if Nintendo thinks a thousand perverts versus over a million legit users is enough to shutdown a social service, might as well not have social services at all.

    *dont search that word.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

    LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

  8. #12583
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    Can't wait for Kirby TD!

  9. #12584
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    People were using the service to exchange child pornography. How can you say "nah, just keep the feature as is and isolate the incidents"?
    Because innocent users suffer from it? Why should I have to lose out on having a neat 3DS app just because some jackass wants to get off on child porn? He's the only one that deserves punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  10. #12585
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Because innocent users suffer from it? Why should I have to lose out on having a neat 3DS app just because some jackass wants to get off on child porn? He's the only one that deserves punishment.
    How are you gonna punish them? Take their 3DS away? Ban them from using Nintendo wireless services?

    However, I believe this decision was more so an immediate response to the problem at hand. Could an update have gone out that would have prevented issues? Possibly, but we don't know the software well enough to know if that would work or not
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  11. #12586
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Because innocent users suffer from it? Why should I have to lose out on having a neat 3DS app just because some jackass wants to get off on child porn? He's the only one that deserves punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    You can send messages and pictures on the PS3 and Vita (not sure about PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbone). On Vita, it's easier to get naked pictures since you can just ask them to take pictures of themselves with the camera (although at like 120p). Yet Sony has not blocked messaging. The Xbox 360 allows voice messages. If you want, you can just record porn audio, and send it to whoever you want. Yet MS has not blocked voice messages.

    No doubt a lot of people used Spotpass to ask for nude child photos and went undetected, but there were also people who used it for legitimately sending safe, not porn, messages. I can even draw boobies on Miiverse right now if I want to (I'm not. I don't wanna get banned)
    The sooner you realize that Nintendo's online services are stuck in 2006 the better. Them caning Swapnote wasn't based on an rushed decision. It was done because the refuse learn how to properly maintain, and run an online service.

    I mean, look at Mii Verse. It's worse than here.

  12. #12587
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The sooner you realize that Nintendo's online services are stuck in 2006 the better. Them caning Swapnote wasn't based on an rushed decision. It was done because the refuse learn how to properly maintain, and run an online service.

    I mean, look at Mii Verse. It's worse than here.
    The 3DS has lots of games. I like that. They're not even bothering with linking to your Facebook or Twitter accounts, which to me I couldn't care less. But a simple, straight to the point, highlight your friend(s) and send them a message, messaging system would be great. Patch that in, or include it in the next Nintendo handheld. I don't get why messaging wasn't even included, when the Vita came out the same year and had it.

    But hey, that's why there's a 3DS Discussion thread. To talk about what you do like and don't like about the system, and how you think it can be improved.

    *PS just a quick question. Does the Wii U even have a messaging system? It would just be mind-boggling backwards if it had Miiverse, but not a simple thing like sending a message to your friends asking them if they wanna play Mario co-op.

    Edit: Also, BOOOOO REGION-LOCKS!! Get rid of it. I'm sad that EU 3DS owners can't even play the awesomeness that is called SMTIV. STAHP IT, Nintendo. Look at your competition, and copy the positives.
    Last edited by SazandoraIsAwesome; 14th February 2014 at 10:36 AM.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

    LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

  13. #12588
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Usually, The only people that can see the Swapnote images are the Sender or recipient(s), but there is no evidence that Nintendo actually could check the photos. With the correct settings on both 3DSes you can save images. Well, I've got photo's of Serebii forum user Zyon's ingame Character from the first few Days of X & Y's Release, on my PC, via Swapnote.

    Well, I think it was of the easier ways to "get" said images. Due to Rules of Serebii.net, I will not explain how I come across this knowledge. However, I can say: A large amount of 3DS users are under 18. I think someone can convince a younger impressionable person to take photos and attach them to Swapnote posts. (Actually, someone did do this: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/05...service-japan/ )
    As depressing and disturbing that situation is, it still falls on today's society, parents, and mentors to educate the upcoming generation about safety on the internet, as well as properly keeping up with technology so they themselves are more knowledgeable and proactive about what goes on.
    Also, the article mentioned at second to last paragraph that those two cases was a result of parents not taking the proper measures to maximize their child's safety.
    In the end though, I sincerely hope Nintendo comes up with a similar application with increased safety measures at a later time. For this to work though, both company AND parents are going to have to work together on this one.

    Oh and in reference to that "rep" note that I added in about the parents/guardians AND the company taking certain steps about the internet? I find it odd that people like to right nothing more than a quick phrase to ignoring half of what I said.
    Should really be an option to disable rep, j/s.

    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    Yes, but with Spotpass, it was the only way friends can send messages to each other. You can't just go to your friends list, highlight a friend, and send him/her a message like you would on Playstation and Xbox. I don't think you can even send private or open messages to people on Miiverse 3DS, unless you write something on their posts (please correct me on this. I want to send messages to a few people).

    It's fine that Nintendo has a demographic. Xbox and PS caters to Teens and Adults, Wii U/3DS caters to Kids. That's fine to me. But what happens when someone decides to draw hentai on the Pokémon page on Miiverse? Will Miiverse be shut down? On Pokémon X, my PSS message is "I LOVE PAIZURI"*. On Pokémon Y, I also have another "naughty" comment. Hundreds of new and random people see those comments everyday I'm online, but it's all fine and dandy. But I guess I'm just ranting now. Social media is social media. There are no bounds and limits. You know what the consequences are, and if Nintendo thinks a thousand perverts versus over a million legit users is enough to shutdown a social service, might as well not have social services at all.

    *dont search that word.
    This is pretty much how I feel about the whole social media situation in general.

    Region locks are just...odd.
    Last edited by Rio!; 24th February 2014 at 5:47 PM.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

    Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

  14. #12589
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Going down in flames
    Posts
    9,695

    Default

    For those of you interested in getting a second 3DS to use for cheating at Pokemon, Club Nintendo is giving out a free downloadable copy of either X or Y if you register both a 3DSXL or 2DS and another vidya.

    There's also a sale on Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked on the eShop; it's now $20 down from $30.

  15. #12590
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,067

    Default

    Devil Survivor is so worth the 20 dollars. It was my #1 most played game on the 3DS in 2011 and 2012, only surpassed last year by Shin Megami Tensei IV and Pokemon X.

    It's a time management change-the-future visual novel monster capture turn-based strategy RPG with five distinct endings. It sounds wacky but it's actually amazing. It actually has one of my favorite plots out of any video game, besides maybe 999/VLR. It's ridiculous how tightly-written this game was.

  16. #12591

    Default

    Devil Survivor Overclocked was literally my first good 3DS purchase, and I still love the game.

    I'm waiting to buy the updated release of the sequel.

    Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

    Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

  17. #12592
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    600

    Default

    I want to play Bravely Default next, but I'm currently raising my team in Pokemon X/Y and playing Donkey Kong TF too.

    Damn the lack of time, lol
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

  18. #12593
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Going down in flames
    Posts
    9,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Devil Survivor is so worth the 20 dollars.
    I know, I'm already at like 17:30ish of Day 3.

  19. #12594
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

  20. #12595

    Default

    So, Nintendo forced Hulu Plus into my 3DS.

    Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

    Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

  21. #12596
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    So, Nintendo forced Hulu Plus into my 3DS.
    Haha just got it from Spotpass too. Too bad, Nintendo. Why would I watch Hulu on 3DS? The screen quality on Netflix and Youtube are pure garbage, so I'm not even bothering with Hulu on 3DS.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

    LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

  22. #12597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    So, Nintendo forced Hulu Plus into my 3DS.
    Well, you're not obliged to keep it. I got it, sure, but I deleted the icon as I have no need for it, even if downloading it is free.

  23. #12598
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    So, Nintendo forced Hulu Plus into my 3DS.
    Pfft I didn't even let it download.
    Got me all excited for nothing, hmph.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

    Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

  24. #12599
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vipsoccermaster View Post
    Well, you're not obliged to keep it. I got it, sure, but I deleted the icon as I have no need for it, even if downloading it is free.
    merely unwrapping it and saying no to the eshop promp will automatically ask to delete itself, which is nice

    incidentally, i'm pretty sure the automatic download of software can be turned off somewhere in the system options

  25. #12600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    merely unwrapping it and saying no to the eshop promp will automatically ask to delete itself, which is nice

    incidentally, i'm pretty sure the automatic download of software can be turned off somewhere in the system options
    That's right, you can, in SpotPass settings in the Internet Settings.

Page 504 of 523 FirstFirst ... 404454494500501502503504505506507508514 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •