Page 505 of 526 FirstFirst ... 405455495501502503504505506507508509515 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,625 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

  1. #12601
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vipsoccermaster View Post
    Well, you're not obliged to keep it. I got it, sure, but I deleted the icon as I have no need for it, even if downloading it is free.
    I know, I know. I'm just posting my opinion, that the 3DS should be the absolute last resort if you want to watch Youtube, Netflix, or Hulu. I still haven't deleted it though. I like my menu clustered and filled with a bunch of apps. In fact, I haven't even deleted the Green Lantern 3D trailer yet. They don't take up too much space, so I don't mind them. (Really though, I've only kept it for so long because it still reminds of a time when I desperately wanted the GL movie to be good so we could have finally gotten a Justice League movie ASAP)
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  2. #12602
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Aye guys any way I can download an app to my system memory? My SD card is full and I need to update Pokemon X.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

  3. #12603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Aye guys any way I can download an app to my system memory? My SD card is full and I need to update Pokemon X.
    Delete data you don't want in the card.

    Or just buy one with more memory inside.

  4. #12604
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Aye guys any way I can download an app to my system memory? My SD card is full and I need to update Pokemon X.
    I don't think there's an internal memory for the 3DS. How big is your SD card? You should just probably buy a bigger one. They're dirt cheap (well, not really. Just an exaggeration. But still inexpensive though. There's a 64GB SD card for $40 on Amazon right now.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  5. #12605
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    I don't think there's an internal memory for the 3DS.
    Not true, the 3DS has an internal memory otherwise you wouldn't be able to download and run DSi ware games.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  6. #12606
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Not true, the 3DS has an internal memory otherwise you wouldn't be able to download and run DSi ware games.
    Yup, just checked. I have ~490 blocks left. I have Zelda 4 Swords and a few DSiware games, so I'm guessing total is around 1000 blocks? I only did a half-arsed check up, but it seems the system memory is only for DSiWare games, and not 3DS apps and games? When I took out my SD card*, the video services disappeared (except for Hulu Plus, oddly enough). And everything I download from the eShop disappeared. At least the 3DS has internal memory. You gotta buy proprietary memory cards for the Vita to even save your games, and those things cost an arm and a leg.

    *I was an idiot and removed the SD card while the 3DS was on. I would have gone batsh!t insane if I lost my Pokémon X save file.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  7. #12607
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    I don't know if this counts as double post, but here's a new post.

    There will be a new Nintendo 3DS XL model on March 14th! It is coming out in both the US and UK for $199 and I'm guessing Ł199?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoA...41511797977088

    Be careful though. Scumbag Nintendo at it again. Surprise! This Yoshi-branded 3DS XL that comes out the same day as Yoshi's New Island doesn't even include the game!

    Also, Nintendo finally showing us what their QoL plans were. Overpriced board games because they feature Nintendo characters. Again, Scumbag Nintendo.
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...y_in_september
    ^what does this have anything to do with this thread? It's a Nintendo videogame... Minus the video part. Just call it an exclusive Nintendo game.

        Spoiler:- DISCLAIMER:
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  8. #12608
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Does anyone else get the feeling Nintendo, as far as systems go,is becoming a company that relies on gimmicks alone to get sales?
    http://funnylobby.com/

  9. #12609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markward View Post
    Does anyone else get the feeling Nintendo, as far as systems go,is becoming a company that relies on gimmicks alone to get sales?
    What makes you say that, newbie?

  10. #12610
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markward View Post
    Does anyone else get the feeling Nintendo, as far as systems go,is becoming a company that relies on gimmicks alone to get sales?
    I think it's pretty clear that's what's going on here.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  11. #12611
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    What makes you say that, newbie?
    That was unnecessary...

    And it's true. Nobody cares about 3D and nobody cares about the tablet controller either apart from off tv play.

  12. #12612
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    That was unnecessary...

    And it's true. Nobody cares about 3D and nobody cares about the tablet controller either apart from off tv play.
    I don't think I'd say it's nobody, but I don't think it either feature were as popular as Nintendo was hoping.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  13. #12613
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    10,000

    Default

    Keiji Inafune is making a "2D side-scrolling action game" called Azure Striker Gunvolt, which will be released on the eShop this summer.

    There's also a third Denpa Men game announced, with a demo coming in May. Save data is transferable from the first two games as well as the demo.

    Speaking of which, the second game is on sale on the eShop for $8.39 down from $11.99 (so 30% off) until the 13th.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 9th March 2014 at 7:05 AM.

  14. #12614

  15. #12615
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    10,000

    Default

    cerulean smacker pistolampere

  16. #12616
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I don't think I'd say it's nobody, but I don't think it either feature were as popular as Nintendo was hoping.
    Nintendo themselves have barely used either feature.

  17. #12617
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Nintendo themselves have barely used either feature.
    Which most people are probably thankful for.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  18. #12618
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    I remember when 3D Gaming was such a huge push for Sony and Nintendo in 2011. Then in early 2012, Sony basically tried to brush it off and pretend it never happened, and Nintendo just said "f@ck it" six months ago, and released the 2DS. Ahh, fads. Good times. I wonder what fads we'll see come and go this gen?
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  19. #12619
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Nintendo fails to understand that people just want to sit down with a controller or a handheld and have a good time playing good games. They were lucky with motion and touch controls last gen because in gaming that was fairly new. But this now those things are completely obsolete and don't even add that much, sometimes they even hinder games, an example is Mario Kart DS, to look at the map you had to look at the bottom screen which is not very practical as you can't really see what's happening on the top one. 3D is so bad that I can't bring myself to buy any game that has "3D" in the title because I just know it's going to suck. I just hope they next handheld doesn't have any of this crap.

  20. #12620
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    Nintendo fails to understand that people just want to sit down with a controller or a handheld and have a good time playing good games. They were lucky with motion and touch controls last gen because in gaming that was fairly new. But this now those things are completely obsolete and don't even add that much, sometimes they even hinder games, an example is Mario Kart DS, to look at the map you had to look at the bottom screen which is not very practical as you can't really see what's happening on the top one. 3D is so bad that I can't bring myself to buy any game that has "3D" in the title because I just know it's going to suck. I just hope they next handheld doesn't have any of this crap.
    You're writing off a lot of fantastic games for no reason. You can just disable the 3D.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  21. #12621
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,491

    Default

    Some games are actually great to play in 3D. Fire Emblem Awakening is fantastic in 3D, and I'd recommend playing that with 3D on at least a few times. Even Animal Crosing New Leaf is nice in 3D every once in awhile. I'll throw X/Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising in there too, since those were cool in 3D where applicable. Point is, the 3D may be nothing more than a simple gimmick, but there's a wide assortment of games that pulled it off well enough to make it worth having fun with every now and then. Otherwise, you can always just turn it off.

    As far as Mario Kart DS went, I always found the bottom screen to largely be a benefit. You could detect items and notice fake item blocks much more easily, and it wasn't affected by Bloopers. Whenever I played Mario Kart DS, I spent probably 80% of the time looking at the bottom screen because I found it easier to play that way.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia



  22. #12622
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    Nintendo fails to understand that people just want to sit down with a controller or a handheld and have a good time playing good games. They were lucky with motion and touch controls last gen because in gaming that was fairly new. But this now those things are completely obsolete and don't even add that much, sometimes they even hinder games, an example is Mario Kart DS, to look at the map you had to look at the bottom screen which is not very practical as you can't really see what's happening on the top one. 3D is so bad that I can't bring myself to buy any game that has "3D" in the title because I just know it's going to suck. I just hope they next handheld doesn't have any of this crap.
    I don't really play with 3D, but having 3D in the title just means it has that ability. I don't think having the ability to be played in 3D affects the quality of the game really even if they did spend some development time on a gimmick. When you bought the 3DS you knew what you were getting into beforehand too.

  23. #12623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    3D is so bad that I can't bring myself to buy any game that has "3D" in the title because I just know it's going to suck. I just hope they next handheld doesn't have any of this crap.
    That's ridiculous, even for the level of hyperbole and overreaction that permeates these threads. On this basis you should be outright forced to sit down and play some of the quality titles that otherwise have "3D" in the title just so you can learn the extent to which this is ridiculous.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 9th March 2014 at 8:14 PM.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  24. #12624
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    Nintendo fails to understand that people just want to sit down with a controller or a handheld and have a good time playing good games. They were lucky with motion and touch controls last gen because in gaming that was fairly new. But this now those things are completely obsolete and don't even add that much, sometimes they even hinder games, an example is Mario Kart DS, to look at the map you had to look at the bottom screen which is not very practical as you can't really see what's happening on the top one. 3D is so bad that I can't bring myself to buy any game that has "3D" in the title because I just know it's going to suck. I just hope they next handheld doesn't have any of this crap.
    Post backfire lololol
    Yeah, like the three posts below you said, 3D is not mandatory. Just turn it off... Especially in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. The 3D is very picky where you have to keep searching for the right position, so add the fact that you'll be constantly pressing buttons and moving your 3DS will cause you a giant headache. 3D's fine in platformers and turn based games though.

    The 2DS was a great idea. The 3DS has an on/off switch (slide?) for the 3D, but instead they just completely took away the 3D Compatibility and managed to drop the price by a good amount. Not like any developer is even making full use of the 3D anyways
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  25. #12625
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    I remember when 3D Gaming was such a huge push for Sony and Nintendo in 2011. Then in early 2012, Sony basically tried to brush it off and pretend it never happened, and Nintendo just said "f@ck it" six months ago, and released the 2DS. Ahh, fads. Good times. I wonder what fads we'll see come and go this gen?
    I don't know if it was a fad necessarily. People laughed at Nintendo for having a Rumble Pak accessory for N64 controllers and now that rumble feature is built into practically every home console controller.

    But removing the 3D, along with some other changes, allowed them to significantly lower the price (during xmas sales, it was as low as $99) and completely eliminate the questions surrounding 3D exposure and developing eyes. I purchased a 2DS this Christmas for a local children's hospital. Even though the 3D can be disabled on the regular 3ds/XL, I wouldn't take that risk in providing that to them. And I've met more than one parent with kids at Starbucks and McDonalds who say they purchased the 2DS for their kid specifically because of the low price.

    I still love my XL, but the little experience I have with the 2DS has been pretty good. If I was getting into the market now, it'd be a very hard decision between the two versions.

    Also, FWIW: Target seems to have an exclusive 2DS deal that comes with Pokemon X/Y pre-installed for $150. That's....not a whole lot of a discount from a regularly priced $120 or whatever console, but it is a bit of a discount.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Page 505 of 526 FirstFirst ... 405455495501502503504505506507508509515 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •