Page 507 of 522 FirstFirst ... 407457497503504505506507508509510511517 ... LastLast
Results 12,651 to 12,675 of 13031

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

  1. #12651
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    1. 63 isn't quite panning.
    2. Reviewers are often times not right.
    3. 3d world and tropical freeze were good games, and if anything, were overlooked.
    I'm not saying that Yoshi's New Island is good and the others aren't, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in saying that the game is a rehash.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  2. #12652
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm not saying that Yoshi's New Island is good and the others aren't, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in saying that the game is a rehash.
    If one uses the term "rehash" to that extent, then Nintendo will do what they do best. They will rehash, and they will continue to rehash.

    Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  3. #12653
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    If one uses the term "rehash" to that extent, then Nintendo will do what they do best. They will rehash, and they will continue to rehash.
    There's a difference between making a game like Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario Galaxy and making another New Super Mario Bros 3D Land World 2. Nintendo needs to get back to making more games like the former.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  4. #12654
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    1. 63 isn't quite panning.
    2. Reviewers are often times not right.
    3. 3d world and tropical freeze were good games, and if anything, were overlooked.
    •63 is bad. That's below average. Since when did you get a 63% on a test, then told your parents "Look, mom! I got a 63% on my vocabulary quiz! Can I put it on the refrigerator for everyone to see?"

    •Can't argue with you on that. Some reviewers are biased, some are not. Some do a great job of informing you what to expect and how much content a game has, while some don't.

    •3D World and Tropical Freeze... Overlooked?? Would putting a "LOL" be offensive? Because that's really laughable. If you want extremely overlooked gems that came out less than a year ago, look no further than The Wonderful 101 on the Wii U, and Tearaway on the Vita.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

    LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

  5. #12655
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,396

    Default

    How did I manage to get NINE street passes in one sitting? Did Nintendo lift that dumb 6 maximum on Nintendo Zone locations or did I walk by a street pass group or something?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  6. #12656
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    How did I manage to get NINE street passes in one sitting? Did Nintendo lift that dumb 6 maximum on Nintendo Zone locations or did I walk by a street pass group or something?
    They raised it to 10, like a year ago.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

  7. #12657
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    They raised it to 10, like a year ago.
    My understanding was the max was 10 but Nintendo Zone locations (aka anything that says attwifi) has a limit of 6. I've never gotten more than 6, including during that street pass weekend thing
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  8. #12658
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    •63 is bad. That's below average. Since when did you get a 63% on a test, then told your parents "Look, mom! I got a 63% on my vocabulary quiz! Can I put it on the refrigerator for everyone to see?"
    It's still not quite panning. Since it is a aggregate score, the reviews are mixed if you look on the site.

    •3D World and Tropical Freeze... Overlooked?? Would putting a "LOL" be offensive? Because that's really laughable. If you want extremely overlooked gems that came out less than a year ago, look no further than The Wonderful 101 on the Wii U, and Tearaway on the Vita.
    In their own way, yes. From my understanding, they didn't sell what they needed to sell, and what I really meant by overlooked is actually seeing what's in the game. How many customers realize that Super Mario 3d world has the Doki Doki Panic concept? How does that compare to, "Hey, it's a new Mario game."? Maybe, "overlooked" wasn't quite the right word, but the actual system behind the games are overlooked.

    Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  9. #12659
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    72

    Default

    I was going to get it, but then I heard about the motion controls. Even though NSMBWii had really tight motion controls I still didn't like them. I may get it later down the line if I feel like it though.

  10. #12660
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    I was going to get it, but then I heard about the motion controls. Even though NSMBWii had really tight motion controls I still didn't like them. I may get it later down the line if I feel like it though.
    They are not used that often. There are a good handful of games that either use them minimally, use them optionally, or do not use them at all.

    Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  11. #12661
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    My understanding was the max was 10 but Nintendo Zone locations (aka anything that says attwifi) has a limit of 6. I've never gotten more than 6, including during that street pass weekend thing
    That's because the streetpass relay only gives out the previous 6 that have passed by it, if you pass by one and get 6, you can go out to another one, but you'd only get 4. As your plaza limit would be reached
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

  12. #12662
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    It's still not quite panning. Since it is a aggregate score, the reviews are mixed if you look on the site.


    In their own way, yes. From my understanding, they didn't sell what they needed to sell, and what I really meant by overlooked is actually seeing what's in the game. How many customers realize that Super Mario 3d world has the Doki Doki Panic concept? How does that compare to, "Hey, it's a new Mario game."? Maybe, "overlooked" wasn't quite the right word, but the actual system behind the games are overlooked.
    Huh... I remember there being at least one site that gave YNI a 90+%. Why isn't that one included?? Still, the combined score is at a 64%, with 13 Positive reviews, 26 Mixed reviews, and 4 Negative reviews.


    First impressions can impact how well the game is going to be deserved. Both were first debuted on E3 last year, and both were... The same as expected. Platforming, Platforming, Platforming. Nothing different. Only thing you could call "new" was Cat Mario, and Mario killing Goombas and stealing their heads for his own selfish use (thus, justifying even more my perceptions on Mario, that he's an even bigger mass murderer than Kratos is). Some people already knew they were going to get the game as soon as they were announced, while others probably said "ugh. Another Mario?", despite it having different mechanics.

    Actually, nevermind. SM3DW and DKTF will sell a lot. Nintendo games have long legs. If they start running out of juice, just bundle them in.
    Last edited by SazandoraIsAwesome; 14th March 2014 at 8:01 PM.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

    LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

  13. #12663
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    189

    Default

    I have been formatting my old 3DS XL to get a more desirable friend safari (I did a system transfer when I bought the Zelda Special Edition and I want a good safari on my old one). I have formatted it 6 times now and I have gotten the same safari twice in a row 3 times. The first two times were fighting with Manky, Pancham and Riolu. The third and fourth were Electric with Zebstrika, Stunfisk and Dedenne, and the fifth and sixth times were Psychic with Abra, Gothorita and Wobbuffet (that lipstick looks rediculous, btw).

    I've even tried entering different profile information at the beginning just to see if that would make a difference (it doesn't seem to). Does anyone know why this is happening? I didn't have doubles last time I did this with a regular 3DS.
    Latest shiny:

    found in Friend Safari

  14. #12664
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,903

    Default

    It's completely random. It's happening because it's happening.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  15. #12665
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,396

    Default

    My Street Pass fun is going to be less now. Starbucks is rolling out Google Wi-Fi to replace the AT&T Wi-Fi they have right now.

    Wish Nintendo would work it out so that the NintendoZone stuff happens at more locations maybe specific to retailers rather than what Wi-Fi they use.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  16. #12666
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    My Street Pass fun is going to be less now. Starbucks is rolling out Google Wi-Fi to replace the AT&T Wi-Fi they have right now.

    Wish Nintendo would work it out so that the NintendoZone stuff happens at more locations maybe specific to retailers rather than what Wi-Fi they use.
    The Nintendo Zone system is pretty ****ed up to begin with. They should just come out with a new 3DS model that can work with anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  17. #12667

    Default


    Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

    Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

  18. #12668
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    If he didn't leave Capcom, then he'd still be able to do MML3. Too bad ever since he left, the Blue Bomber has been shafted every year. The biggest thing about his 25th Anniversary wasn't even a new game.

    Soul Sacrifice Delta was just released in Japan last week, and he almost just recently announced he is now working on a 2D 3DS eShop game... One that looks like the Megaman Zero games, but with different characters and enemies. And he also has Mighty Number 9 currently in development, which is exactly like Megaman... With different skins :/
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

    LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

  19. #12669
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    Only thing you could call "new" was Cat Mario, and Mario killing Goombas and stealing their heads for his own selfish use (thus, justifying even more my perceptions on Mario, that he's an even bigger mass murderer than Kratos is). Some people already knew they were going to get the game as soon as they were announced, while others probably said "ugh. Another Mario?", despite it having different mechanics.
    You also forgot about the overlooked Double Cherry powerup, Peach and Rosalina actually being playable(and seeing different cool powerup designs), those 4 new bosses with original designs, the beautiful world and level designs, even more catchy music, a new Kingdom being introduced along with the cute Sprixie characters, the first HD 3D Mario game along with 4 person multiplayer, the clear pipes, stamps being further cemented into Nintendo games, Bowser having a kick *** car, soccer ball bombs and baseballs being randomly included, riding on Plessie(especially with 4 people it's madness), actually being able to compete in multiplayer with high scores and getting the crown, Bowser actually using powerups to do you in, BOWSER LAND and the Tower of BOWSER LAND, and more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

    The 3D Land/World games were the New Series continued correctly instead of NSMB2/U, but people are just tired of Mario unfortunately. I'm surprised the two games aren't more popular




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  20. #12670
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    You also forgot about the overlooked Double Cherry powerup, Peach and Rosalina actually being playable(and seeing different cool powerup designs), those 4 new bosses with original designs, the beautiful world and level designs, even more catchy music, a new Kingdom being introduced along with the cute Sprixie characters, the first HD 3D Mario game along with 4 person multiplayer, the clear pipes, stamps being further cemented into Nintendo games, Bowser having a kick *** car, soccer ball bombs and baseballs being randomly included, riding on Plessie(especially with 4 people it's madness), actually being able to compete in multiplayer with high scores and getting the crown, Bowser actually using powerups to do you in, BOWSER LAND and the Tower of BOWSER LAND, and more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

    The 3D Land/World games were the New Series continued correctly instead of NSMB2/U, but people are just tired of Mario unfortunately. I'm surprised the two games aren't more popular
    A lot of those things are somewhat minor, a lot of people want to see a more game changing mechanic introduced instead of just the same gameplay each time with things layered on top of that. Like how Sunshine's gameplay revolved around FLUDD, or how Galaxy had the spin move and a new style of level design.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  21. #12671
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    A lot of those things are somewhat minor, a lot of people want to see a more game changing mechanic introduced instead of just the same gameplay each time with things layered on top of that. Like how Sunshine's gameplay revolved around FLUDD, or how Galaxy had the spin move and a new style of level design.
    It doesn't feel minor when actually playing it. It's a different experience than 64, Sunshine, or Galaxy, but it still stays true to the roots of the Mario universe along with throwbacks. If we didn't have NSMB2/U (or even just one of them) I guarrantee people would have loved this game more. Although we'd still get complaints about Galaxy 3...

    Actually I wonder how people would have felt if we didn't get Super Mario 3D Land and 3D World came out on its own...




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  22. #12672
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    It doesn't feel minor when actually playing it. It's a different experience than 64, Sunshine, or Galaxy, but it still stays true to the roots of the Mario universe along with throwbacks. If we didn't have NSMB2/U (or even just one of them) I guarrantee people would have loved this game more. Although we'd still get complaints about Galaxy 3...

    Actually I wonder how people would have felt if we didn't get Super Mario 3D Land and 3D World came out on its own...
    It probably would've been embraced a little more, because 3D Land felt a bit more fresh as a semi-new style of play. Sadly for 3D World's case, the honeymoon is over.

    Or at least that's the way I'd view it, I'm not sure everyone would agree with it.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 21st March 2014 at 7:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  23. #12673
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    You also forgot about the overlooked Double Cherry powerup, Peach and Rosalina actually being playable(and seeing different cool powerup designs), those 4 new bosses with original designs, the beautiful world and level designs, even more catchy music, a new Kingdom being introduced along with the cute Sprixie characters, the first HD 3D Mario game along with 4 person multiplayer, the clear pipes, stamps being further cemented into Nintendo games, Bowser having a kick *** car, soccer ball bombs and baseballs being randomly included, riding on Plessie(especially with 4 people it's madness), actually being able to compete in multiplayer with high scores and getting the crown, Bowser actually using powerups to do you in, BOWSER LAND and the Tower of BOWSER LAND, and more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

    The 3D Land/World games were the New Series continued correctly instead of NSMB2/U, but people are just tired of Mario unfortunately. I'm surprised the two games aren't more popular
    Bowser having a kick*** car is "NEW" now? Oh man, the indies must be kicking themselves! Don't tell Phil Fish to include cars in his next games, or else he'll sweep all the GOTY awards, get the BAFTA, and be knighted for such an innovative new mechanic.

    Anyways, what would have happened if SM3DW came out before SM3DL, or SM3DL didn't come out at all? The 3DS would have sold slightly less. Maybe 1-2M less. That's it. It would not affect the Wii U or SM3DW at all.

    Oh wait. There'd be one less Mario game too.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

    LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

  24. #12674
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wrapped in a blanket
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Today I got my weirdest StreetPass ever. The elementary school I work at is having their Book Fair fundraiser this week. Today was Grandparents' Day, when grandparents and their wallets are welcome to visit. Just for giggles I left my 3DS on and by lunch time I'd gotten a StreetPass. The Mii's registered location was Baja California Sur in Mexico, which is over 3,000 miles from where I live. Someone drove a long way to buy some books.
    Last edited by Lady Umbreon; 11th April 2014 at 3:44 AM. Reason: correcting grammar

  25. #12675
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Umbreon View Post
    Today I got my weirdest StreetPass ever. The elementary school I work at is having their Book Fair fundraiser this week. Today was Grandparents' Day, when grandparents and their wallets are welcome to visit. Just for giggles I left my 3DS on and by lunch time I'd gotten a StreetPass. The Mii's registered location was Baja California Sur in Mexico, which is over 3,000 miles from where I live. Someone drove a long way to buy some books.
    Or someone has a fake location set/they moved.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 507 of 522 FirstFirst ... 407457497503504505506507508509510511517 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •