Page 510 of 525 FirstFirst ... 410460500506507508509510511512513514520 ... LastLast
Results 12,726 to 12,750 of 13116

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

There're lots of pictures that wont come to my plaza;
    Why that happens?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
    There're lots of pictures that wont come to my plaza;
    Why that happens?
    What do you mean by pictures?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    What do you mean by pictures?
    Either he hasn't upgraded his 3DS, or he just doesn't have a piece for new puzzles that show up when passerby share info with him.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2mw but sadly only for JPN

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Nintendo 3DS Direct 2mw but sadly only for JPN
    Could be that the Americam & European ones will be announced later today. NoA's business hours are from 6 AM PT to 7 PM PT and it is only about 8:35 AM there. Still plenty of time.

That's assuming that NDs usually get announced during the business hours. When have NDs usually been announced and how much time is typically elapsed between when each region announces that they'll be hosting one?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Japan only or not tomorrow's direct should be an important one. I mean the list of reasons for that is big.
    -First general direct since February.
    -Outside of ORAS and project steam Nintendo has not announced any games for the rest of 2014 and the beginning of 2015.
    -3rd party wise only the new Ace Attorney would make sense to appear out of the major publishers. BS and FFE both got streams mentioning TGS for more info this week, whil MH4U got a direct last month iirc.

So yeah we're looking at most 4-5 major announxhed titles, with smash being somwthing reguraly covered and oras as something that gets enough info covered every month. And the AA game seems like somethung Capcon would do on its own. Gamewise I think its open season, while there could be a slim,chance of a redesign hapoening. God knows JP needs one, and the lack of a smash bundle this close to release is pretty telling.
    BLAH

I was effing right, new 3DS confirmed. That mini c-stick might be weird, but still, the design! Those SFC buttons! That new themed 3DS home menu!
    BLAH

The new 3DSs are not something I expected! Looks pretty cool, with all those little new features. Those interchangeable skins are impressive as well. I would consider upgrading to one, if I wasn't shelling out so much money to Nintendo already this year.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

I don't get why they didn't just make the Start and Select buttons smaller so the freaking right stick would be bigger. $10 for menu themes? Lol no thanks. PS3 and PSP already did this years ago, and for free too. And beefier CPU, but graphics still not par with what the Vita can do? C'mon. Xenoblade 3DS looks horrible, and now splitting your fanbase by making it New 3DS only is stupid.

Oh well, will still get it though. I don't like the OG 3DS's small screen anymore, and been wanting to upgrade for a while. Only gotta decide if to get the Smash New XL, or wait for an eventual ORAS New XL.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

Also, having a new CPU is cool. Segments the market, but I think if Nintendo markets this right, there won't be that much a segmentation, cause everyone would want to upgrade. Could be another DSi, but it could go the other way and add an easy 3 more years to the platform, with a large amount of support. Ah who am I kidding right? But still, definitely buying when released. Even if I'm a bit strapped for cash.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    I don't get why they didn't just make the Start and Select buttons smaller so the freaking right stick would be bigger. $10 for menu themes? Lol no thanks. PS3 and PSP already did this years ago, and for free too. And beefier CPU, but graphics still not par with what the Vita can do? C'mon. Xenoblade 3DS looks horrible, and now splitting your fanbase by making it New 3DS only is stupid.

Oh well, will still get it though. I don't like the OG 3DS's small screen anymore, and been wanting to upgrade for a while. Only gotta decide if to get the Smash New XL, or wait for an eventual ORAS New XL.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Also, having a new CPU is cool. Segments the market, but I think if Nintendo markets this right, there won't be that much a segmentation, cause everyone would want to upgrade. Could be another DSi, but it could go the other way and add an easy 3 more years to the platform, with a large amount of support. Ah who am I kidding right? But still, definitely buying when released. Even if I'm a bit strapped for cash.
    I highly doubt that they're going to make any games that just work on the new 3DS units. It's mostly for better menu performance.

I can't find enough pictures of the non-XL model, I'm not at all interested in the XL, I just want to see if the regular new 3DS looks more comfortable, the buttons look soft though which is a plus.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Xenoblade is exclusive to the New 3DS, and other games are confirmed exclusive but not announced. The small nub reasoning is baffling btw, keep the start/select under the screen, move down the xyba and you don't have to change their layout, and it keeps the system seem symmetrical. Small nub because reasons is stupid.
    BLAH

Oh I didn't see that bit, that's interesting.

As for the second stick, it's not really used much and probably still wont be used a whole lot, so it's not really a big deal in that it's small in my mind.

Awww man, I was planning to buy a XL next week.

why Nintendo why

...Looks nice.

Surprisingly i'm not feeling that uncomfortable about the New Nintendo 3DS reveal, even despite only upgrading to an XL last September. I'm not sure what has held Nintendo back from including the second stick on the previous iterations of the hardware, but i'm sure that it will enhance gameplay of numerous future releases as well as those that have relied on the cumbersome looking Circle Pad Pro up to now. Other little touches such as the improved 3D viewing plane and overall system performance also sound promising.

On a random note, I wonder whether The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D will receive a patch to enable commands from the right stick when using items and the Ocarina. Probably not, but it would be awesome in general to see older 3DS titles receiving new features and tweaks in line with the capabilities of the New Nintendo 3DS hardware.
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 29th August 2014 at 2:25 PM.

The New 3DS and XL coming to Europe in 2015

It's safe to say that NA is getting it along as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander View Post
    On a random note, I wonder whether The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D will receive a patch to enable commands from the right stick when using items and the Ocarina. Probably not, but it would be awesome in general to see older 3DS titles receiving new features and tweaks in line with the capabilities of the New Nintendo 3DS hardware.
    Why would it need a patch? Shouldn't the game already have had CPP support since launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Oh I didn't see that bit, that's interesting.

As for the second stick, it's not really used much and probably still wont be used a whole lot, so it's not really a big deal in that it's small in my mind.
    When most of the library is 2D, sure. But 3D games where you're allowed to look around your environment would make it pretty handy. They showed it with MH4G, but why? What are you supposed to do, keep flicking it? You need to be able to see your surroundings at all times, and not having your fingers slide off from that extremely small nub would be ideal in 3D action games. Could have easily made the nubs much bigger by putting the Start/Select where they were on the OG 3DS (under the touch screen), instead of occupying a big amount of space on the right side.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

Xenoblade being exclusive to the New 3DS has me worried that other titles will be exclusive to it. I hope nothing major will be exclusive for it because I don't want to have to shell out money for a New 3DS (even though it does look very nice and I currently still have just an OG 3DS). I guess I'll have to wait and see how much it costs in the US and what other games are exclusive for it.

White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Xenoblade being exclusive to the New 3DS has me worried that other titles will be exclusive to it. I hope nothing major will be exclusive for it because I don't want to have to shell out money for a New 3DS (even though it does look very nice and I currently still have just an OG 3DS). I guess I'll have to wait and see how much it costs in the US and what other games are exclusive for it.
    Agreed! I don't want to miss out on too much, but... well.

Talk about a surprise! Looks like this is in some ways the new 3DSi (ala DSi to the regular DS/DS Lite). And I didn't think I would want to buy it, unless my 3DS XL had problems or a really nice limited edition one came out.

Then I saw that it'd have some games exclusive to it, and one of them is a Xenoblade port. @_@ WHELP Talk about being conflicted now! why nintendo, whyyyy

Not until 2015 for western shores it seems (unless America get it earlier than Europe, the only ones to confirm dates thus far?). Given it has a built in second circle pad, I think it's really just begging to be released bundled with Monster Hunter 4, which'd want a second circle pad anyway and is 'early 2015' atm too.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Pokemon Analysis: The Seel/Dewgong Line! Whatever animals are these based on...?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    Why would it need a patch? Shouldn't the game already have had CPP support since launch?
    The CPP came out some time after OOT: 3D so the game isn't supported by it unfortunately. Only a handful of titles are actually compatible with it.

Now I just have to wonder why this Direct was Japan only. There was plenty of information for western audiences and we got English trailers and such later revealed. Hopefully Nintendo explains why they went Japan only for this.

White 2:

Now I just have to wonder why this Direct was Japan only. There was plenty of information for western audiences and we got English trailers and such later revealed. Hopefully Nintendo explains why they went Japan only for this.
    Something something, only japanese release dates are confirmed.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Oh jeez..and I was planning on buying and XL too good thing I didn't time to start saving up for this new 3DS.

Well the wiki page for the 3DS say's a worldwide release will be sometime in 2015. I honestly can't see Nintendo waiting that long to release the New 3DS worldwide. I can see it being released early November worldwide, sometime in December being the latest, definitely not sometime in 2015. All the previous 3DS handheld's were released worldwide just a month after Japan I don't see why the New 3DS should be any different.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Page 510 of 525 FirstFirst ... 410460500506507508509510511512513514520 ... LastLast