Page 512 of 526 FirstFirst ... 412462502508509510511512513514515516522 ... LastLast
Results 12,776 to 12,800 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Especially when you consider the margins between cost of production and the actual retail price. If the new 3DS is indeed going for $160-180, it makes you wonder how much they actually improved the hardware without breaking the bank.
    they're probably replacing the secondary ARM 9 CPU with the Espresso chip used in the Wii U, which they would already have a production deal with IBM for

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Yes, You may loose some Street Pass plaza Progress and that's it. EDIT: You may need to have Same region hardware before you can do this.

The Current Method requires you to swap SD cards between systems, but with the Micro SD card, that is not possible. They can upgrade the system before release, or recommend you buy a SD card Reader for your PC, and you copy the data over. If you have a full Larger SD card, you will need to buy a Micro SD card.

New 3DS and New 3DS LL, the Volume Slider both are like the 3DS XL's 3d Slider, but on the other side.
    But why would I lose streetpas data? It's just like any save data, no? I also have streetpass DLC, would that go too?
    And whats the thing with micro sd? Are they not compatable with PCs? Do they hold less?
    I'm confused. Could someone help me out, because this is make or break for me. I won't buy it if I lose any save data or games, other than photos or sounds.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Dragonite Fan; 29th August 2014 at 8:15 PM.
    My 3ds Friend Code:
    Name: Rotem
    FC: 4425-1847-2626

I have Pokemon X, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros. For 3ds, Bravely Default, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Steel Diver: Sub Wars Premium for Multiplayer. Add me if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Well if you really want to get technical, it's more like Game Boy vs. Game Boy Color. They were both the same generation, but the GBC was an improved model that got exclusive games.

With this one getting new games as well, it just seems like perfect timing since 6th gen is going to be over in about 2-3 years, and they can use the upgrade in hardware to make 7th gen a geniune improvement over 6th. Plus Nintendo would probably push them to move to New 3DS to help sell it.
    At least the GBC was released in the dying years of the original Game Boy (which IIRC, was only released for 3 years before the GBA was announced). With this new momentum heading Nintendo's way since 2012-2013, it feels like they're jumping the gun a bit with releasing the new 3DS, especially if they're planning on using it as a 7th gen release. It still feels like the 3DS had a lot of years behind it before it was about to die.

Well obviously it has to be significant to some degree if they can port Wii games to it.
    Except the 3DS already had a port of a Wii game, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. If the 3DS could do it, then it seems that there's no point in releasing the new 3DS. In fact, the video of Xenoblade looked inferior to the Wii release.

How much do you want to bet 7th gen will be on New 3DS? I certainly would not mind having another 5th gen situation in this case, for one because I think it means we won't be getting the next gen handheld for a few more years (meaning the 8th gen games won't be held off for 2 years like 6th gen), and two because the hardware upgrade seems to be significant enough that they can do some cool new things with them.
    Not to mention they'll likely experiment with New 3DS early on for the next Kalos games, which means that they'll have familarity with the new specs. So either way I'm game.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    they're probably replacing the secondary ARM 9 CPU with the Espresso chip used in the Wii U, which they would already have a production deal with IBM for
    That sounds delicious.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Also, another thing- Does Europe and UK count as the same reigon dispite diffrent currencies. Im really lost here...
    My 3ds Friend Code:

I have Pokemon X, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros. For 3ds, Bravely Default, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Steel Diver: Sub Wars Premium for Multiplayer. Add me if you wish.

I just wish they'd actually named it better.

There is still confusion surrounding the different between DS and 3DS as well as Wii and Wii U. Nintendo has learned nothing, and this naming scheme makes it even worse. How are you going to expect a consumer to understand "This game only works on the New Nintendo 3DS", they'll start thinking they have to have a brand new 3DS for each game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite Fan View Post
    Also, another thing- Does Europe and UK count as the same reigon dispite diffrent currencies. Im really lost here...
    Yes, they always have. Currency has never mattered.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post

There is still confusion surrounding the different between DS and 3DS as well as Wii and Wii U. Nintendo has learned nothing, and this naming scheme makes it even worse. How are you going to expect a consumer to understand "This game only works on the New Nintendo 3DS", they'll start thinking they have to have a brand new 3DS for each game.
    This is what has me really confused; so is this supposed to be a brand new system or what?
    Is my 3DS going to be obsolete soon (after next year) or...?
    I'm still trying to figure out if this is supposed to be a new system whether or not it would be worth it to pay another $160+ for the same product with minor improvements.

I really wish Nintendo would quit simply attaching names to the system's base product, ugh.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

But why would I lose streetpas data? It's just like any save data, no? I also have streetpass DLC, would that go too?
    IIRC StreetPass data is tied to your system memory because of reasons

Not sure about the DLC, but you can probably redownload it provided that you're synced to Club Nintendo.

And whats the thing with micro sd? Are they not compatable with PCs? Do they hold less?
    They're smaller than standard SD Cards, but there's usually an adapter included to hook them up to your PC.

Size depends on the card, but you can get one with similar storage space.

At least the GBC was released in the dying years of the original Game Boy (which IIRC, was only released for 3 years before the GBA was announced). With this new momentum heading Nintendo's way since 2012-2013, it feels like they're jumping the gun a bit with releasing the new 3DS, especially if they're planning on using it as a 7th gen release. It still feels like the 3DS had a lot of years behind it before it was about to die.
    None of the 3DS's upcoming releases are first-party, and there's barely anything announced for it beyond 2014; sales have been slowing considerably, and the majority of Nintendo's efforts have gone into keeping the Wii U afloat.

A release of an 8.5 Gen handheld recaptures interest in the system, and the new tech lets them ease development by using Wii U assets in upcoming games for it.

Except the 3DS already had a port of a Wii game, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. If the 3DS could do it, then it seems that there's no point in releasing the new 3DS.
    The 3DS runs DKCR3D at 30 fps as opposed to 60, and Nintendo described it as "being rebuilt from the ground up."

Using a Wii U chip means they don't have to pour as much effort into the ports, and they can probably get better results as well.

In fact, the video of Xenoblade looked inferior to the Wii release.
    Well yeah, no duh.

One is 720p, the other is shown at 240p (though it's actually 400p due to 3D).

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    This is what has me really confused; so is this supposed to be a brand new system or what?
    Is my 3DS going to be obsolete soon (after next year) or...?
    I'm still trying to figure out if this is supposed to be a new system whether or not it would be worth it to pay another $160+ for the same product with minor improvements.
    It's halfway between a brand-new new handheld and a redesign of the old one.

I'm confused. Could someone help me out, because this is make or break for me. I won't buy it if I lose any save data or games, other than photos or sounds.
    Thanks in advance.
    You'd could loose the Progress on the StreetPass Plaza Minigames, but not eShop Pruchases. A Friend of mine had swapped to a XL and he said he lost the puzzles, when he swapped consoles- However, Data from every other Download game on his old 3DS was kept. If the game is on an actual 3DS card, all required data will be stored on the 3DS card.
    SD cards are compatible with PCs. You can stick SD card from your 3DS and get photos from it. SD cards and it's shruken counter parts Mini SD and Micro SD, are also used in Cell phones, Digital Cameras, and sometimes is a reader built in to PC. Readers are very common, and you can pick one up for Ł5.00. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kubik-Single...SD+card+reader

Most of the terms in Video game Retail: Yes.

By the way: Until 2002, there used to be alot more European currencies. You may have Heard of the Franc and the Deutsche Mark.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Extremely unlikely and that's not quite how mobile CPUs work.

Yeah really, New 3DS is just about the worst name they could come up with, it's too vague and confusing, more so than the Wii U even. Whoever is coming up with these names needs to be fired, because it's not doing their marketing any justice. Off the top of my head, I could come up with quite a few better names, like 3DS+ or 3DS Delta, something like that would drive home the point that it's an upgraded 3DS without causing confusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The name is no more terrible than "the new iPad", which was perfectly capable of existing and selling well for Apple.

It's all up to their marketing team to make it work and that's where the issue actually arises.

None of the 3DS's upcoming releases are first-party, and there's barely anything announced for it beyond 2014; sales have been slowing considerably, and the majority of Nintendo's efforts have gone into keeping the Wii U afloat.

A release of an 8.5 Gen handheld recaptures interest in the system, and the new tech lets them ease development by using Wii U assets in upcoming games for it.
    IIRC, there’s that Steampunk RPG that was supposedly a first (or second) party title that was announced at E3. But I agree, other than that, there isn’t really much for the 3DS. However, a new-ish system isn’t necessary to recapture interest, all Nintendo could have done is try to have more games developed for the 3DS in order to recapture interest. Another announcements of titles from Mario/Legend of Zelda (especially Majora’s Mask remake)/Metroid would suffice.

Well yeah, no duh.

One is 720p, the other is shown at 240p (though it's actually 400p due to 3D).
    I’m not talking in terms of resolution. Xenoblade looks inferior in terms of how pixelated and messy things look compared to the Wii version. I’m sure this is a case of early development, but when you’re selling the idea that the New 3DS is supposed to be powerful, it doesn’t exactly inspire confidence that you’re getting your money’s worth.

The 3DS runs DKCR3D at 30 fps as opposed to 60, and Nintendo described it as "being rebuilt from the ground up."

Using a Wii U chip means they don't have to pour as much effort into the ports, and they can probably get better results as well.
    I’m not sure how much of an effect the Wii U chip will have, but I don’t think it’d be as simple as developers being able to put less effort than usual. I’m sure there’s a learning curve, and not to mention, if the 3DS doesn’t have an improved GPU, then the supposed improvements from the new 3DS won’t be as strong.

I think "3DS C" May do better, well it has a "C-stick". With the DSi, the i did set it apart.

But Yeah, It was ok for 3DS, as it was a DS with 3d. The 2DS was going to easier than the Alternative 3ds-2d.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Off the top of my head, I could come up with quite a few better names
    Of course you can.

I get the issues they've had naming their hardware, but isn't calling this "New 3DS" a step in the right direction as opposed to not? Doesn't it convey what the hardware is, i.e. a new iteration within the existing 3DS family? Wouldn't it be more problematic if they had called this the "3DS U" or what have you, or something that might have allowed ambiguity as to whether the system is an update of existing hardware or entirely new hardware?

At any rate, we have no insight yet into the international plans for this hardware and it's entirely possible that "New 3DS" is one of the things that ends up changed in localization, as "LL" was.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I am sceptical wether i should get the New 3DS or not,it really depends on the pricing.If it's is under Ł120 for the Original sized one I'm all for it,I have a 3DS XL already and would be useful for Friend Safaris in Pokemon and stuff like that.Can anyone give me Pros or Cons about getting one of these??
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    At any rate, we have no insight yet into the international plans for this hardware and it's entirely possible that "New 3DS" is one of the things that ends up changed in localization, as "LL" was.
    True, the best we've got is 2015, and that's just quick release to quieten the masses: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-extra-buttons

EDIT: AS stated in the Video, Japanese RRP are almost the same as UK Prices. Mind you I have not compared 3DS prices between Countries.
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 29th August 2014 at 9:25 PM.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    Can anyone give me Pros or Cons about getting one of these??
    Given that everything we know is superficial right now, no. It's somewhat difficult for people to give you pros and cons about hardware that won't be in anyone's hands anywhere for another month and change, isn't it?

-----
    Words to|live by

IIRC StreetPass data is tied to your system memory because of reasons

Not sure about the DLC, but you can probably redownload it provided that you're synced to Club Nintendo.
    Huh. Internet says otherwise, apparentlyhttp://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/99761...o-3ds/63530777
    My 3ds Friend Code:

Just saying, if you went to buy one of these IF the name swere to stick, this would happen.
    'Oh, how can I help you?'
    'I'd like a new 3DS for my son'
    'A new 3DS or a New 3DS?'
    'Uhh, a new one?'
    'Preowned?'
    'Wait, I thought it was new'

See?

~Banner by Sworn Metalhead~
    ~I claim Abomasnow, Team Fortress 2 and the Pyro~

Nintendo really needs a "standard" name for it's systems.

PS1>PS2>PS3>PS4
    Xbox>Xbox 360>Xbox One(a little iffy)

then there's nintendo, their gameboy line naming was fine, and seemed progressive. but went downhill with the 64

The funniest thing about the "New" 3DS is that it's going to slow down the sales of the Wii U even more. They're competing with themselves lmao

Why spend 300+ on a Wii U when you can now have the console experience for about half the price.

It's halfway between a brand-new new handheld and a redesign of the old one.
    Wow uh, all right then Nintendo. XD

I guess until more info is released, I'm just going to stay neutral until more info is released since as of now, I'm not really seeing a big reason to upgrade in the near future. :B
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The funniest thing about the "New" 3DS is that it's going to slow down the sales of the Wii U even more. They're competing with themselves lmao

Why spend 300+ on a Wii U when you can now have the console experience for about half the price.
    Hm. No. Even the most clueless consumer is not going to think this. Particularly not the "console experience" thing. Moving on...

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Hm. No. Even the most clueless consumer is not going to think this. Particularly not the "console experience" thing. Moving on...
    Hm. Yes. The 3DS has a bigger fanbase than the Wii U. That's why I'm predicting Smash 3DS will outsell Smash U. You've got the same game on the 3DS and Wii U. Will the consumers buy a Wii U and the game for $360, or a 3DSXL for $220 (or $240 however much 3DSXLs cost)? Consumers don't care about teh grafx. The New 3DSs are still too weak to produce Wii U graphics, but when it's able to port Wii games, consumers will go for it.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikku za Hejjihoggu View Post
    Extremely unlikely and that's not quite how mobile CPUs work.
    Since I'm obviously too unenlightened as to how this works, would you mind explaining why?

IIRC, there’s that Steampunk RPG that was supposedly a first (or second) party title that was announced at E3. But I agree, other than that, there isn’t really much for the 3DS. However, a new-ish system isn’t necessary to recapture interest, all Nintendo could have done is try to have more games developed for the 3DS in order to recapture interest. Another announcements of titles from Mario/Legend of Zelda (especially Majora’s Mask remake)/Metroid would suffice.
    Well, I said "barely"...

Thing is, putting more resources into 3DS development means putting less into Wii U development, and I think we both know which system is in more dire need of games right now.

I’m not talking in terms of resolution. Xenoblade looks inferior in terms of how pixelated and messy things look compared to the Wii version.
    Really? Because I've played Xenoblade on the Wii, and it looks plenty pixelated and messy on that.

I’m not sure how much of an effect the Wii U chip will have, but I don’t think it’d be as simple as developers being able to put less effort than usual. I’m sure there’s a learning curve, and not to mention, if the 3DS doesn’t have an improved GPU, then the supposed improvements from the new 3DS won’t be as strong.
    There's an initial problem with this kind of alignment in that learning curve, but it pays off in the end; Miyamoto has mentioned that consoles and handhelds have disparate development environments that Nintendo is interested in unifying, which would pay off later on down the road. I wouldn't say that the improvement is necessarily the main takeaway here, since we both know that a handheld can't really match a console of the same generation; it's the standardization of development that they're driving for.

In terms of the learning curve, they probably benefit by having this as a 3DS upgrade with ports as opposed to waiting for a brand new handheld to try this out with, if anything.

Page 512 of 526 FirstFirst ... 412462502508509510511512513514515516522 ... LastLast