Page 52 of 522 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 13045

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    For those who can't afford the 3DS until some time after it is out, I have an idea. You know those thins where you play a game on a system, I think you can do that for the 3DS when it comes out. Stores have them, where the system is put on a thing so you can't steal it, but you can play it.
    Because it's totally worth it to go to a store every day of the week to play on a system that's been drooled on and sneezed on by little kids, and then being able to only play one game. And that's probably just a demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon Bonaparte View Post
    Because it's totally worth it to go to a store every day of the week to play on a system that's been drooled on and sneezed on by little kids, and then being able to only play one game. And that's probably just a demo.
    I didn't mean it like that. If they happened to be near there, they could play it for a little bit, to see how everything is with the 3DS if they haven't done so.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Kaia View Post
    The price in Australia is yet to be announced.
    Yeah, but that's the estimated price, so the final RPP price will be around 300-400.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    Doesn't matter if you wouldn't because it is decently priced whether you'd spend money on it or not. If people whine about it so much they should just wait till the price drop but I doubt anyone here is that patient. I am but I'm not sure about the rest of you.
    I would spend that much, but some people won't. I think it's decently priced, especially since it could have easily been about $300, or even higher.

To some people (even videogamers), there's more important things to spend your money on then a game system, although the 3DS's price is fine.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

I tried searching both in this thread and elsewhere online, but I never found what I was looking for stated outright at any credible source, so I'm hoping someone here knows.

There has been talk about backwards compatibility between the 3DS and the other DS systems, both in terms of games and software. Assuming that you were playing a DS game, such as Platinum, HG SS, or even a non-pokemon game, would a 3DS be able to connect with a DS/Lite/i/XL over local wireless, for trading and/or cooperative gameplay.

I'm sorry if this has been answered already and I overlooked it.
    Thanks in Advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by zlxq3000 View Post
    ...What? So now Agatha's a lesbian cradle-robber who can magically change the type of pokemon she's an expert at training after decades of battling using ghost-types? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Storm View Post
    I tried searching both in this thread and elsewhere online, but I never found what I was looking for stated outright at any credible source, so I'm hoping someone here knows.

There has been talk about backwards compatibility between the 3DS and the other DS systems, both in terms of games and software. Assuming that you were playing a DS game, such as Platinum, HG SS, or even a non-pokemon game, would a 3DS be able to connect with a DS/Lite/i/XL over local wireless, for trading and/or cooperative gameplay.

I'm sorry if this has been answered already and I overlooked it.
    Thanks in Advance.
    Yes. All of that is supposed to work.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Identical in size and shape save for a tab at the corner that prevents them from being inserted into a previous DS system.
    Also white, which is so awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    Wonder why that is.
    ...I also wonder what your reasoning is. You do realize it's a Japan-based company, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    We got the cheapest price on the 3DS. Quit your crying.
    Not by much though, only -$50 US Dollars. And who says I'm crying? This is the least of my problems in life.

I hope the 3DS doesn't have too much shovelware like Wii does. Some is okay though, but not 60% of the games being just plain trash

The US price compared to the UK price is nothing. It's over -$100, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ranger32 View Post
    Not by much though, only -$50 US Dollars. And who says I'm crying? This is the least of my problems in life.

I hope the 3DS doesn't have too much shovelware like Wii does. Some is okay though, but not 60% of the games being just plain trash
    Compared to what other systems who have about the same ratio? Honestly the wii shovel ware thing is pretty overblown at times.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Identical in size and shape save for a tab at the corner that prevents them from being inserted into a previous DS system.
    Edit: This sounds like a passing trend for Nintendo's portables. Expected, but still interesting to know.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    Not everyone wants to spend $250 on a hand held system, when they can get much better things around that price.
    And not everyone wants to spend roughly over $300 on it. Yet Europe and Japan will be. We still got the better price.

Try by $117.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

If the system is popular (hint: it will be) it will receive unholy amounts of shovelware. Thats just how it works. Its true of the DS, Wii, PS2 and more.

do you need the 3DS to play black and white
    the aura is with me
    credit goes to umbreonkit333

random thing
    http://megaswf.com/serve/79563/
    futer pokemon black team

Quote Originally Posted by riolu96 View Post
    Of all the questions......

NO. Does it say 3DS on the boxart? No it doesn't. Why do people always have to ask these questions?

BW can be playable on all DS Systems (and the 3DS), so therefore you don't need a 3DS to play BW. Can't you guys just look this up since there is a 100% you would find it if you just looked it up.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

You're asking whether you need hardware that isn't out yet to play software that was released in September.

Guess.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Wink

You're asking whether you need hardware that isn't out yet to play software that was released in September.

Guess.
    And also by the time BW is released pretty much any other country, it's still before the 3DS's release.

Sheesh, some people don't have common sense on this website.

Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

I saw at my local Gamestop, while I was looking at the 3DS deposit cost I saw a flyer which stated the Nintendo DSi XL would be 100 to sell it to Gamestop, the DSi 75, and the Lite 50. The offer ends 20th of Febuary.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I saw at my local Gamestop, while I was looking at the 3DS deposit cost I saw a flyer which stated the Nintendo DSi XL would be 100 to sell it to Gamestop, the DSi 75, and the Lite 50. The offer ends 20th of Febuary.
    Is that for the 3DS, or just a random trade in? The 3DS comes out a month after that, so it would be weird to trade in your DS for the 3DS before it comes out.

Those prices do seem pretty accurate, though.

Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

That's specifically on a trade-in for the 3DS, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    DS Lite nets you about $25 Store Credit, with 50% extra that gives you $37.50.
    Nintendo DSi will get you $50 Store Credit, with 50% extra that gives you $75.
    And finally, trade in your DSi XL system and you will get $75 in Store Credit, with 50% extra giving you a total of $112.50 towards the Nintendo 3DS.

Source: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=146580
    Must be towards the 3DS for the extra credit.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    Is that for the 3DS, or just a random trade in? The 3DS comes out a month after that, so it would be weird to trade in your DS for the 3DS before it comes out.

Those prices do seem pretty accurate, though.
    Just for the 3DS.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Edit: Dang, I'm not going to trade in my DSi before the 3DS release. I still need it to play Pokemon and other stuff... I guess I'll just trade it in at the time of my purchase for a lower value. Not worth a month of no DS.
    Last edited by Skydra; 23rd January 2011 at 11:33 PM.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by riolu96 View Post
    Um...no...but judging by your intelligence, I suggest you have a parent help you plug in the charger, because those wall outlets can be pretty unsafe for people like you.

I wonder Why you can't trade it in at the buying for the system? You'll have like a month gap without a DS, considering they let you trade in your "Lite" and "Phat" when you brought the DSI.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    I wonder Why you can't trade it in at the buying for the system? You'll have like a month gap without a DS, considering they let you trade in your "Lite" and "Phat" when you brought the DSI.
    They want the pre-orders. That's all there is to it, really.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 52 of 522 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast