Page 529 of 539 FirstFirst ... 429479519525526527528529530531532533 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,225 of 13461

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

The N3DS XL Majora's Mask version sold out in like 15 minutes to two hours at GameStop through pre-orders.

The MM fandom is a truly scary group.

You can only learn how when you break down the barriers pushing others away... ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Master Quest Map)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

In a sense, Deciding to only release the XL in North America seems to be a bit smart since after how much criticism the GameBoy Micro received here.

Other the other hand, I just hope they'd stop underestimating things over all because the Majora's Mask new 3DS XL sold out in like an hour in North America after roughly an hour and the limited edition of the game lasted only for a few hours after it was announced. Having the normal new would have lessened the impact a bit since of the whole faceplates would have added the chance to actually get a face plate of Majora's Mask (if they didn't sell out so quickly...)

Besides, Glad they are releasing a red one since it gives the chance to decorate it with a stencil-like outline decal of the Monado on it.

If and only if after an Awakening

It wasn't the MM fans, it was scalpers. Unfortunately i'm one of them but that's life.

It doesn't even come with the game does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It wasn't the MM fans, it was scalpers. Unfortunately i'm one of them but that's life.

It doesn't even come with the game does it?
    No, it doesn't.

And it's not really scalping if you really are going to use it yourself. I doubt you just spent $400 just like that...or anyone else.

You can only learn how when you break down the barriers pushing others away... ~Made by yours truly~

I might wait and see if there's a FE special edition one in the future. MM looks nice but I'm not as invested in Zelda as much as FE. And with the new game coming out, there's a good chance of an XL console to come with it.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    No, it doesn't.

And it's not really scalping if you really are going to use it yourself. I doubt you just spent $400 just like that...or anyone else.
    $400? You'll find one used for <$200 online by next year like what happened with OoT3D's 3DS bundle. And yeah, if you're gonna use it, you're not a scalper.

ドラゴンクエストヒーローズ闇竜と世界樹の城
    Dragon Quest Heroes:
    Dragon of Darkness and Castle of the World Tree

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    No, it doesn't.

I actually have a big local GS. It only cost like 25 bucks to reserve a system. People do that than sell the receipt for a huge profit.

So much butthurt over the lack of a Small new 3ds lmao.

Before you'd think XL master race was everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    well, yes

it's a cheaper model that has faceplates not on the XL that's also smaller and therefore fits in your pocket better

I was planning on replacing my OG 3DS with that, but I'll hold off for new handheld hardware altogether if my only choice is the XL

I actually have a big local GS. It only cost like 25 bucks to reserve a system. People do that than sell the receipt for a huge profit.
    Sell the receipt? How does that work? Don't you have to put down your name when reserving?

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post

Before you'd think XL master race was everywhere.
    •It has customization options
    •Cheaper
    Yeah, let's not give consumers options! Screw consumers! Nintendo 4 Life!

ドラゴンクエストヒーローズ闇竜と世界樹の城
    Dragon Quest Heroes:

Well I'm upgrading from a 2ds so I'm used to wearing pants with big pockets when lugging my ds around

mind you, if Nintendo wasn't the only player in the dedicated gaming market left that still region-locked their machines, this wouldn't be that big of an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Sell the receipt? How does that work? Don't you have to put down your name when reserving?
    Yes, but usually a simple "my cousin pre-ordered for me and i'm picking it up" will do it. GS only wants their money really.

I also wanted the smaller one. I think Nintendo mentioned they'd announce hardware by the end of the year so I think I'll wait for that. It's a shame because I really wanted to upgrade my OG 3DS but the size, more noticeable pixels, and way bigger size is a put off for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    mind you, if Nintendo wasn't the only player in the dedicated gaming market left that still region-locked their machines, this wouldn't be that big of an issue
    Of course they wouldn't, as they'd have monopoly on the market. There'd still be people getting mad that they aren't given options though.

ドラゴンクエストヒーローズ闇竜と世界樹の城
    Dragon Quest Heroes:

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    In a sense, Deciding to only release the XL in North America seems to be a bit smart since after how much criticism the GameBoy Micro received here.
    Except that's a pretty terrible comparison, since the Micro is a super tiny revision of a normal sized console, and the XL is a large revision of the normal sized console. The New 3DS is the normal sized console, not larger or smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Yes, but usually a simple "my cousin pre-ordered for me and i'm picking it up" will do it. GS only wants their money really.

I also wanted the smaller one. I think Nintendo mentioned they'd announce hardware by the end of the year so I think I'll wait for that. It's a shame because I really wanted to upgrade my OG 3DS but the size, more noticeable pixels, and way bigger size is a put off for me.
    I am an angry nerd right now, I don't want an XL at all. Hopefully they do release it eventually.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Here's the reason why America doesn't get to have the smaller model:

Different territories make their own business decisions regarding individual products and timing. We think New Nintendo 3DS XL makes the most sense for our market. Nintendo makes different systems at different price points for a whole range of consumers, and New Nintendo 3DS XL simply expands those choices even further.

...Not the best reason there is, but, seriously. Selling faceplates is the one thing the smaller model has over the bigger one.

That's just some PR bs. There no reason why they couldn't at least sell a few though their site.

the fact that NoA doesn't think they can get the retail space and sell the faceplates here says a lot for the state of handheld gaming as is, that's fishizzle

I still don't get the fuss behind the lack of the basic New 3DS over at US. Yes, it is cheaper and has customization, but come on, what matters really is gaming, people! And the XL one has bigger screens than the basic one! Yeah, the XL may be more expensive than the basic one, but it has its pros too.

Despite that, I haven't decided which model to buy, though lol.

I generally prefer my portables to be portable, but that's just me I guess

That Direct started out fantastic, but it kind of lost me by the end. I was planning on buying a New 3DS because of its smaller size and colored buttons (I know it's a silly reason, but I like some color on my Nintendo consoles, goshdarnit!). I might go for the New 3DS XL if they release a white version, but those usually don't come to the US either, so I'll keep using my regular XL for now. Other than that, I'm super stoked for the new Fire Emblem and Majora's Mask, and STEAM still looks intriguing.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

What games are exclusive to the new 3DS? I know this is something I should be able to google but I'm not immediately finding anything besides Xenoblade. :P

"Even if we take different paths, the truth we arrive at should be the same."
    ~~~
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~
    [719/719]

Quote Originally Posted by Tangeh View Post
    What games are exclusive to the new 3DS? I know this is something I should be able to google but I'm not immediately finding anything besides Xenoblade. :P
    It's just Xenoblade at the moment, but Reggie said devs are free to use the extra horsepower to release exclusives there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangeh View Post
    Xenoblade is the only exclusive confirmed at the moment. Other games feature exclusive changes such as free camera movement and improved load times, but they'll still work on other 3DS models.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    I still don't get the fuss behind the lack of the basic New 3DS over at US. Yes, it is cheaper and has customization, but come on, what matters really is gaming, people! And the XL one has bigger screens than the basic one! Yeah, the XL may be more expensive than the basic one, but it has its pros too.

Despite that, I haven't decided which model to buy, though lol.
    It does have bigger screens, but to accommodate those bigger screens, the system has to be bigger. I personally prefer the smaller size, since it will fit in any size purse I chose to carry at the time, and it also fits better in my hands, while I get cramps when holding an XL.

And, I wanted faceplates! lol
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Page 529 of 539 FirstFirst ... 429479519525526527528529530531532533 ... LastLast