Page 53 of 522 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 13033

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

The truly hilarious part will be when there turns out to be shortages. Meaning there'll be people who traded in their hardware and will turn up empty handed on launch day.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The truly hilarious part will be when there turns out to be shortages. Meaning there'll be people who traded in their hardware and will turn up empty handed on launch day.
    Not at mine. I had the nineteenth out of at the most 50 in a week. Of course there's a difference bewteen the DSi and the 3DS but you get my rambling, right?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    Not at mine. I had the nineteenth out of at the most 50 in a week. Of course there's a difference bewteen the DSi and the 3DS but you get my rambling, right?
    Wow, your anecdote is extremely fascinating and completely disproves the possibility of what he said!

The only hold pre-orders for up to 48hrs right? Does that mean they will hold someone's from the next shipment?

I'm thinking about getting because I really would like to see what Pokemon Black and White would look like on the 3DS.

It would look like it does on the Ds/Dsi/Xl.

Why cant you people understand this?

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    Wow, your anecdote is extremely fascinating and completely disproves the possibility of what he said!
    No I understood what he said and I said why that possibly wouldn't be true at my Gamestop.

You're not the best person to talk to anyway.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    It would look like it does on the Ds/Dsi/Xl.

Why cant you people understand this?
    Unless, of course, GF built some 3DS capability into the BW code, but what's the probability of that?
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Identical in size and shape save for a tab at the corner that prevents them from being inserted into a previous DS system.

Depends on what the hell an "adapter plus" is.
    ya. its not very well known. its a little usb thing u can put ur ds carts in and backup saves to a computer. it seems to be the only device out there that can read saves for games with an ir sensor (like hg/ss)
    White: Liquid(Serperior), Steve(Wargle), Kitsune(Zoroark), Bowser(Carracosta), Benisuzume(Volcarona), Yin(Zekrom)
    FC: 2623 2056 1823-Tatyana

Black: Solidus(Samurott), Cell(Reuniclus), Tator(Krookidile), Archie(Archeops), Buckshot(Sawsbuck), Yang(Resiram)
    FC: 1420 6686 1330-Mike

White2: Longpig(Emboar), Lucky(Sh Scolipede), Jimmy(Vanilluxe), Tetsujin(Golurk), Peanut(Jellicent), Rose(Ferrothorn)
    FC: 2237 5012 1360-Kain

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    Unless, of course, GF built some 3DS capability into the BW code, but what's the probability of that?
    That report back in Febuary? about GF getting advanced screening for it maybe. Plus maybe this:

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/games/pokemon-black-white

But thats not confirmed. I don't really care either way, just as long as I get one 3DS and one Black.
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    Pursuant to this, one figures there would have been some indication of that found when the game was dumped upon release.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Kain View Post
    its a little usb thing u can put ur ds carts in and backup saves to a computer.
    No one's worried about whether an unapproved third-party backup device is compatible with a new format. Sorry.

That report back in Febuary? about GF getting advanced screening for it maybe.
    The report said Game Freak has 3DS dev kits. It said absolutely nothing about Black and White.

What a useless site. "Hey, let's print unconfirmed reports, vague news bites and pure speculation and try and pass it off as something relevant!"

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

No one's worried about whether an unapproved third-party backup device is compatible with a new format. Sorry.
    well, if you like to play through more than once but don't want to erase all your hard work then you should be.
    White: Liquid(Serperior), Steve(Wargle), Kitsune(Zoroark), Bowser(Carracosta), Benisuzume(Volcarona), Yin(Zekrom)
    FC: 2623 2056 1823-Tatyana

Black: Solidus(Samurott), Cell(Reuniclus), Tator(Krookidile), Archie(Archeops), Buckshot(Sawsbuck), Yang(Resiram)
    FC: 1420 6686 1330-Mike

White2: Longpig(Emboar), Lucky(Sh Scolipede), Jimmy(Vanilluxe), Tetsujin(Golurk), Peanut(Jellicent), Rose(Ferrothorn)
    FC: 2237 5012 1360-Kain

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    The only hold pre-orders for up to 48hrs right? Does that mean they will hold someone's from the next shipment?
    They hold preorders for 48 hours yes, if someone does not pick there's up within that time the next person on the list with a preorder gets a call. Once all preorders are satisfied they can be sold to those who have none.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Kain View Post
    i just did smart boy.
    geez, pay attention.

were done now, go grab a sock and stoke your ego some more.
    Watching you lose this battle brings me great amusement.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

And watching this arguing results in infractions. Again, keep arguments out of here.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Gee, good thing the 3DS doesn't come out on the same day as BW. I'd be waiting on a very long line (more than likely) for a game when most of the other people would be purchasing a 3DS (I envy those people able to get a 3DS). BW comes out three weeks before the 3DS, so that's good.

With the Game Boy & Game Boy Color Virtual Console, I'm assuming that the graphics would be better for those games (but not necessarily in full 3D, just slightly enhanced graphics). If RBYGSC come out for the Virtual Console. I'm also assuming there wont be any problems with the games, like how GSC have that time problem and RBY are very old. Also, one more thing I am assuming is that the Wii & DSiWare Cards would now become Wii, DSiWare & 3DSWare Cards all in one.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    If RBYGSC come out for the Virtual Console. I'm also assuming there wont be any problems with the games, like how GSC have that time problem and RBY are very old.
    Considering that has to do with an internal battery in the cartridge it is safe to assume that no one will experience such a problem.

Also, one more thing I am assuming is that the Wii & DSiWare Cards would now become Wii, DSiWare & 3DSWare Cards all in one.
    Well they're just called Nintendo Points cards now.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing_Pikachu View Post
    I knew holding out all these years with nothing but a busted-up 2004 DS Phat would pay off.
    Same. I'm excited about it and I really want it, but I'm scared there won't be enough 3DS's for everyone and I'll end up without one.
    Disconnect, situate, analyze, apply, prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannerloza View Post
    Same. I'm excited about it and I really want it, but I'm scared there won't be enough 3DS's for everyone and I'll end up without one.
    If you don't pre-order one that will most likely be the case.

Best kept secret: Go to Kmart on launch day. NO ONE ever thinks to go to Kmart. Everyone usually heads to GameStop, Target, Best Buy and Walmart. That's how I got my Wii; by going to Kmart. Granted, they'll usually have very limited quantities (with the Wii, they only had four sent from Nintendo), but you should be able to snag a 3DS if you go around opening time and make a beeline for the electronics section.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Staples is also a good alternative. Dunno what it's like in the States but in Canada no one thinks to go there. It's almost painful working there and just seeing things sit around.

Now whether Staples gets them on launch is a whole other story.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Best kept secret: Go to Kmart on launch day. NO ONE ever thinks to go to Kmart. Everyone usually heads to GameStop, Target, Best Buy and Walmart. That's how I got my Wii; by going to Kmart. Granted, they'll usually have very limited quantities (with the Wii, they only had four sent from Nintendo), but you should be able to snag a 3DS if you go around opening time and make a beeline for the electronics section.
    This is true. I went to K-Mart ONCE when they had a ton of games on sale HARD. Nabbed a few since they had so many.

If it was closer, I'd go there more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Staples is also a good alternative. Dunno what it's like in the States
    Just for the record, some/many/most Staples in the USA don't carry entertainment electronics of that nature. They do in Canada, I gather?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Wish I lived near a K-Mart.

... Come to think of it, I don't think I've been inside of one, much less even seen one, for years. O_O

Just for the record, some/many/most Staples in the USA don't carry entertainment electronics of that nature. They do in Canada, I gather?
    Oh, yeah. Suppose it's because there's less stores into that market around here. Staples Canada's main focus is electronics. Although it's rather poor support for video games.

Hey I got my Wii from Pathmark, they had a bundle for like 300$, trust me, don't reseved it at gamestop after today, you most likely won't get one. You can also check Boscovs, that's where I got my 360 from, you can also buy online, alot of sites don't charge tax but do on shipping, you'll pay about the same, and will have to wait like tree days but you wontt have have to wait like 3 months.

Page 53 of 522 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast