Page 532 of 540 FirstFirst ... 432482522528529530531532533534535536 ... LastLast
Results 13,276 to 13,300 of 13496

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I wonder why Europe is getting more promotions about the N3DS than America. Is Nintendo trying to test the waters with Europeans before they can roll out all of that stuff to America?
    They may be waiting on American retailers to dump the rest of their OG 3DSs before shipping in the New 3DS.

...At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    They may be waiting on American retailers to dump the rest of their OG 3DSs before shipping in the New 3DS.

I'll tell myself the same thing.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I'm still holding out for a potential Fire Emblem Bundle to accommodate the new game later this year.
    Still hoping that there's a normal-sized New 3DS though.
    Is it possible for certain stores (especially gaming specialty stores) to allow you to do system-transfers in-store and still use it towards credit for a new purchase?
    I imagine you'd have to speak with someone about this, but I'm not sure. :V
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I wonder why Europe is getting more promotions about the N3DS than America. Is Nintendo trying to test the waters with Europeans before they can roll out all of that stuff to America?
    Perhaps, but I think they're doing more promotions in Europe because they're trying to get Europeans to buy them. Nintendo in Europe is a small market. Nintendo is not strong in Europe aside from France. America is a very large market.

There was one article on gamasutra ( http://gamasutra.com/blogs/Christian...he_New_3DS.php )that theorizes, among other things, that american retailers might not want to stock the normal sized new 3ds and also its dozens and dozens of faceplates

and honestly i could kind of see that?
    this is totally anecdotal on my end, but those areas dont have a ton of space for things like the faceplates et all. And then you account for all the space that amiibo needs to have

my horror thoughts: they make a new 2ds and its the worst of all worlds

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    There was one article on gamasutra [link snipped] that theorizes, among other things, that american retailers might not want to stock the normal sized new 3ds and also its dozens and dozens of faceplates

and honestly i could kind of see that?
    this is totally anecdotal on my end, but those areas dont have a ton of space for things like the faceplates et all. And then you account for all the space that amiibo needs to have

my horror thoughts: they make a new 2ds and its the worst of all worlds
    Now you mention it, I kind of see that. I mean, look at the shelf space used for Skylanders and Infinity-- while crossplatform, it's just two games with a whole bunch of collectibles.
    3DS Friend Code | 2148 8469 8580
    ΩR | Duelleck (♂OT: 44357)αS | Merlwyn (♀OT: 57802)
    X | Nixon (OT: 43198) / Friend Safari Ghost (Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, Dusclops)
    Wh | Ace (OT: 62283) ・ W2 | Lloyd (OT: 30233) ・ SS | Karagu (OT: 55992)

Claims | Golurk ・ Knights of the Round (Final Fantasy series, summon)

In a weird way, the 2DS may have killed the regular-sized New 3DS.
    One more reason for me to loathe the 2DS with a passion.
    Sig is a work in progress. Please understand.

I have officially claimed Pokémon Alpha Sapphire!
    I have also claimed Nowi.

Even I, an englishman, am surprised at how much NoE has been slaying it lately while NoA continually drops the ball (in the fans eyes atleast). Especially after how much the region was screwed over in the past.

Sure it might make sense business-wise but still doesn't make the decision any less crappy for fans.

In any other circumstance I wouldn't have bought the original XL but with the original 3ds hardware was so terrible I couldn't stand it anymore. After using the New 3DS for a week I don't see myself going back to a bigger size.

Honestly, the whole thing about the stocking shelf space for the faceplates would have not been that much of a major problem. It's more of the promoting type of thing in the long run.

Yeah, the Nintendo 2DS is promoted for kids; but, all of the other 3DS have the option to turn off/control the 3D plus the smarter shell like design. It's stupid in the long run but they probably guessed that a greater majority would turn to the XL because of many different reasons while they would end up with leftovers of the regular sized new 3DS. But hey, this is the same branch that didn't localize MOTHER 3 due to many beating around the bush reasons and didn't want to original localize Xenoblade until the massive fan support showed up and they don't want to admit it.

Besides, How was the GameBoy Micro when it came to stocking it's faceplates over in NA? I remember when it came out but don't remember much about how many there were stocked in stores.

If and only if after an Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    But hey, this is the same branch that didn't localize MOTHER 3 due to many beating around the bush reasons and didn't want to original localize Xenoblade until the massive fan support showed up and they don't want to admit it.
    These "issues" couldn't possibly be any less connected to why they did or didn't choose to release one sized model of a particular hardware.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post

Besides, How was the GameBoy Micro when it came to stocking it's faceplates over in NA? I remember when it came out but don't remember much about how many there were stocked in stores.
    well the thing about that in comparison to this situation is, like, a decade
    things can and likely have changed

the Game Boy Micro came out a year after the DS did

the New 3DS is the latest hardware revision for the current-gen handhelds

This normally wouldn't be an issue because I'd just import a normal N3DS from Japan.

Opps, can't. It's region locked for some reason that doesn't make sense at all no matter how you look at it.

The shock ending is that this is the one sole time continuing to complain about it here will change it. What a twist!

-----
    Words to|live by

Glad to see I'm not alone regarding the NEW 3DS situation in NA! It's insulting, infuriating and has made me lose faith in the company. I can absolutely not believe they have done this! The regular size version is a major improvement over the initial OG model meanwhile the New 3DS XL is only a smidge better than the original XL (crappy resolution and all was retained!). I have already tweeted and will be posting on Facebook as well. I will be emailing eventually as well.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The shock ending is that this is the one sole time continuing to complain about it here will change it. What a twist!
    well, not here

but I believe in the power of kvetching

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    It's insulting, infuriating and has made me lose faith in the company. I can absolutely not believe they have done this!
    You don't think you're at all overreacting?

And certainly someone with your experience and cynicism will forgive the latter from me.

-----
    Words to|live by

getting told about a hardware revision that looks cool and then having it cruelly withheld with only a bigger one available is like when you ask your parents for a 3DS and they get you a Vita

count your blessings, guys: it could be worse

getting told about a hardware revision that looks cool and then having it cruelly withheld with only a bigger one available is like when you ask your parents for a 3DS and they get you a Vita
    Even I can tell this is quite a massive comparison with a huge gap in between...

You can only learn how when you break down the barriers pushing others away... ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Shantae & The Pirate's Curse (Wii U)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

The whole decision just feels incredibly arbitrary and illogical though. What exactly is the problem with the NA market that they think the regular N3DS will sell worse than any other market? Honestly it's a good thing that so many people are complaining. Maybe that will convince Nintendo that there's enough demand for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

count your blessings, guys: it could be worse
    I'll take the Vita.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You don't think you're at all overreacting?
    You can't pick up ladies with the huge pockets the NXL will cause you to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'll take the Vita.
    Hydrohs confirmed to be picking up Criminal Girls

Vita is a p cool guy

I actually called Nintendo CS and apparently they got a ton of calls about the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Glad to see I'm not alone regarding the NEW 3DS situation in NA! It's insulting, infuriating and has made me lose faith in the company. I can absolutely not believe they have done this! The regular size version is a major improvement over the initial OG model meanwhile the New 3DS XL is only a smidge better than the original XL (crappy resolution and all was retained!). I have already tweeted and will be posting on Facebook as well. I will be emailing eventually as well.
    #firstworldproblems. i had the OG 3ds then got the 3dsxl when pokemon x came out (cause if im playing pokemon i want a bigger screen, and the OG 3ds made my big manhands feel cramped after awhile) and after trying the xl, i dont want to go back to a smaller screen; i could care less if the games are "streched" or a lower res or what have you; it feels so good in my hands. i dont know when i'll get the new 3dsxl but i already knew from the start i was gonna get it and not the smaller one.

i hate seeing people act like these decisions are made instantly and out of malice. remember nintendo has access to all kinds of sales and demographic info that we (the consumer) do not. every region has diffrent info so they have to make decisions based on info for each region. which is something else people dont take into consideration; what works in one region may not work in another; case in point xbox seling well in us but nonexistent in japan. i studied business and advertising and such in college, so trust me when i say this decision was not made without considerable thought.

also, if people are so angry saying things like "they treat japan well and treat NA like crap" then why not just move to japan? you cleary dont like how NA gets treated so if the lack of smaller screen and faceplates (which is anyone gonna actually buy thousands and switch them hourly?) is truly that big a deal, then go live in japan, where the "fair" treatment is given.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post

also, if people are so angry saying things like "they treat japan well and treat NA like crap" then why not just move to japan? you cleary dont like how NA gets treated so if the lack of smaller screen and faceplates (which is anyone gonna actually buy thousands and switch them hourly?) is truly that big a deal, then go live in japan, where the "fair" treatment is given.
    For someone that studied business and advertising(PS: Prereq Buis/Adverstising isn't anything much lol), you sure said a lot of dumb stuff. The Xbox issue isn't at all comparable to this. Japan literately doesn't give a **** about Microsoft. The 3DS to NA isn't anything like that.

And lol ever more @ "why not just move to japan."

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    I'm pretty sure nobody (and I mean nobody) is going to move all the way out to Japan just because they feel that a billion-dollar company is deliberately screwing them over by not releasing a particular version of a particular console.
    Sig is a work in progress. Please understand.

I have officially claimed Pokémon Alpha Sapphire!
    I have also claimed Nowi.

Page 532 of 540 FirstFirst ... 432482522528529530531532533534535536 ... LastLast