Page 533 of 541 FirstFirst ... 433483523529530531532533534535536537 ... LastLast
Results 13,301 to 13,325 of 13508

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    also, if people are so angry saying things like "they treat japan well and treat NA like crap" then why not just move to japan? you cleary dont like how NA gets treated so if the lack of smaller screen and faceplates (which is anyone gonna actually buy thousands and switch them hourly?) is truly that big a deal, then go live in japan, where the "fair" treatment is given.
    Lmao.

Come on bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    I'm pretty sure nobody (and I mean nobody) is going to move all the way out to Japan just because they feel that a billion-dollar company is deliberately screwing them over by not releasing a particular version of a particular console.
    Yeah, pretty much. If they really wanted it that badly (among other things) they'd just import the system and games from now on rather than abandoning their life and family to live in another country because of Nintendo.
    Last edited by Ragnarok; 18th January 2015 at 3:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Lmao.

Come on bruh.
    im serious. every single time something comes out in japan but not america (or anywhere else that is not japan), theres always this group of people (and it seems to be the exact same people everytime) that get MAJORLY butthurt over it, taking it as a personal insult and saying its proof nintendo (or whatever the company in question is) doesnt listen to its fans, without stopping to consider WHY this decision was made. like i said before, theres plenty behind the scenes we never get to see. and that these decisions are not made instantly or with a flip of a coin or however the jeff albertsons of the internet think these decisions are made. so you have 2 choices really; either import it or move to japan if its truly that important that you have it in your life.
    Last edited by Chaos Emperor; 18th January 2015 at 3:22 AM.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

If everyone just "moved to japan" when they didn't get something the market would die.

Just because Nintendo want to play mommy and daddy and decide what we get even though the product already exist doesn't mean we have to agree. If enough people complain, we'll get results. Do you not want that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    If everyone just "moved to japan" when they didn't get something the market would die.

Just because Nintendo want to play mommy and daddy and decide what we get even though the product already exist doesn't mean we have to agree. If enough people complain, we'll get results. Do you not want that?
    cause how dare a company try to make profit. did anyone stop to think they looked over the data they have and decided it wouldnt be profitable? and if thats the case of course theyre not gonna do it.

i never said you have to agree with everything they do; i just wish more gamers would realize you cant get everything you want all the time. nintendo is a big company with a very diverse fanbase; eventually everyone will not agree with something they do ( for example there were things in the direct i didnt like but thats neither here nor there). and while you do have the right to complain in the hopes that they'll reconsider, sometimes gamers need to know that some things just arent meant to be. its not right, its not fair, but you what? thats life.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

im serious. every single time something comes out in japan but not america (or anywhere else that is not japan), theres always this group of people (and it seems to be the exact same people everytime) that get MAJORLY butthurt over it, taking it as a personal insult and saying its proof nintendo (or whatever the company in question is) doesnt listen to its fans, without stopping to consider WHY this decision was made. like i said before, theres plenty behind the scenes we never get to see. and that these decisions are not made instantly or with a flip of a coin or however the jeff albertsons of the internet think these decisions are made. so you have 2 choices really; either import it or move to japan if its truly that important that you have it in your life.
    Like Ragnarok said

Lmao.

Come on bruh.

You know what you do? You COMPLAIN on the Internet. Go on Twitter and send a message to NOA, NOE, and NOJ asking what you want to be brought over. Go sign online petitions. Make a video a on Youtube. Write Nintendo an email. If they do it, great! If not, well whatever, just keep trying and import it if you can't wait. Complaining actually does something (doesn't work 100% of the time). Telling people to "live in Japan" is freaking stupid, and you're the kind of people these companies like, the ones who'll just take it up the butt and not complain. Of course, don't be an idiot and always sh*tting up conversations and threads, but do it in moderation, and don't send rude messages.

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

cause how dare a company try to make profit. did anyone stop to think they looked over the data they have and decided it wouldnt be profitable? and if thats the case of course theyre not gonna do it.
    The only data Nintendo has is that wherever and whenever a 3ds is released, it sells like hotcakes.

Let's not try to pretend there's some valid business reason behind it.

I would import, but region-locking

reminder that Nintendo is the only major gaming hardware player still doing that

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. If they really wanted it that badly (among other things) they'd just import the system and games from now on rather than abandoning their life and family to live in another country because of Nintendo.
    Alternatively they can be like me and not care because they won't get a New 3DS anytime soon. :v
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon

It's pretty insane how just many people are blowing this out of proportion lol
    Whether it be For Fun or For Glory Come and challenge theTrinity League!!

FC: 3368-1218-4067
    IGN: Kid Skull

Nintendo Network ID: skullcruncher44
    Be sure to add me and check out my drawings!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I would import, but region-locking

reminder that Nintendo is the only major gaming hardware player still doing that
    This just further illustrates that Nintendo is stuck in the past and refuses to change. They're the only company that region locks their consoles. And they have absolutely nothing to gain by doing this, especially in this day and age when import sales are actually a factor.

But then again, this is the company that is shipping the New 3DS with no AC adapter, as well as requiring you to use a screwdriver to access the SD slot on the console (I foresee many little kids breaking their consoles in the process of doing this).
    Last edited by SBaby; 18th January 2015 at 5:54 AM.
    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

Recently, my close friend was brutally attacked her ex-boyfriend. Her child tragically lost her life in this horrendous incident. The road to recovery for her will be a long one. A fund has been set up to help her pay for the funeral and hospital expenses here. http://www.gofundme.com/krvruo

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    It's pretty insane how just many people are blowing this out of proportion lol
    Consumers demand, Nintendo supplies. NA fans want an n3DS instead of n3DSXL for various reasons. Come on, it's a legitimate problem. Nintendo still also region-lock their consoles, so if you decide to import one, you'll have to buy software from that region or else they won't work.

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

Just because something didn't happen doesn't mean it didn't happen because it wasn't going to make a profit. While business do exist to make money, all of their decisions do not always revolve around that goal.

In addition to this, it is not uncommon for the decision makers to be completely out of touch with what the consumers want or what would go over well with consumers.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Just because something didn't happen doesn't mean it didn't happen because it wasn't going to make a profit. While business do exist to make money, all of their decisions do not always revolve around that goal.

In addition to this, it is not uncommon for the decision makers to be completely out of touch with what the consumers want or what would go over well with consumers.
    Decisions about which products to sell are generally made with the intention of making money, though. :P

And yes, it is totally possible that they could be off-base, but then that gives them even more of a reason to only release only the new 3DSXL and not the normal one. Besides, they already know how well the 3DS vs. the 3DSXL vs. the 2DS have been doing, so it's not exactly a stab in the dark.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~
    [719/719]

Comparing OG 3DS vs XL sales data is misleading because of how those systems were released; the OG was the first model, so it suffered through that initial period when the 3DS had no games and a $250 price point. The XL didn't see release until the 3DS had started acquiring games (it released on the same day as NSMB2), at which point it became the model that Nintendo started promoting more heavily in advertising, with most LEs and bundles being with the XL instead of the OG. The XL improved on a number of the OG's issues, such as the bottom bezel no longer scratching the top screen, Start/Select/Home being real buttons, bigger sweetspot for 3D, having a matte finish instead of gloss, better hinges, longer battery, bigger SD Card included; it's not surprising that people who wouldn't ordinarily have a preference either way would pick the better made system, particularly once the OG started to be discontinued and was only available used.

Most of that shouldn't apply to the New 3DS models, and the fact that every other region in the world had the XL outsell the OG yet is still going to give both New 3DS models shelf space should put that into the perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Consumers demand, Nintendo supplies. NA fans want an n3DS instead of n3DSXL for various reasons. Come on, it's a legitimate problem. Nintendo still also region-lock their consoles, so if you decide to import one, you'll have to buy software from that region or else they won't work.
    Honestly the probably the main reason people were really excited for the regular sized new 3ds was probably the faceplates. It really baffles me why nintendo would do that for one 3ds and not the other. I guess that's just nintendo being nintendo.
    Whether it be For Fun or For Glory Come and challenge theTrinity League!!

FC: 3368-1218-4067
    IGN: Kid Skull

Nintendo Network ID: skullcruncher44
    Be sure to add me and check out my drawings!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Comparing OG 3DS vs XL sales data is misleading because of how those systems were released; the OG was the first model, so it suffered through that initial period when the 3DS had no games and a $250 price point. The XL didn't see release until the 3DS had started acquiring games (it released on the same day as NSMB2), at which point it became the model that Nintendo started promoting more heavily in advertising, with most LEs and bundles being with the XL instead of the OG. The XL improved on a number of the OG's issues, such as the bottom bezel no longer scratching the top screen, Start/Select/Home being real buttons, bigger sweetspot for 3D, having a matte finish instead of gloss, better hinges, longer battery, bigger SD Card included; it's not surprising that people who wouldn't ordinarily have a preference either way would pick the better made system, particularly once the OG started to be discontinued and was only available used.

Most of that shouldn't apply to the New 3DS models, and the fact that every other region in the world had the XL outsell the OG yet is still going to give both New 3DS models shelf space should put that into the perspective.
    Honestly it probably comes down to the fact that a N3DSXL is pretty much a perfect substitute for a N3DS to start with. If consumers generally don't have a preference - like you said - then why does it matter from a business perspective to have both when larger screens in this day and age are perceived as "better"? Take a look at the trends of smartphone sizes for an easy comparison. I'm assuming there's more of a demand for a smaller product in Japan / Europe / wherever else, or maybe more of a demand for gaming devices in general. Different regions can have very different markets and it's very typical for companies to place different products in different areas. I really don't know in this case; too lazy to research. I guess it could be worth mentioning that Netflix is only available on the 3DS in NA? Close to half of Americans have access to Netflix. I'd think the screen would be too small either way, but I'd rather watch on the XL if I was a kid and didn't own a laptop/ tablet. >_>
    Last edited by Tangeh; 18th January 2015 at 7:09 PM.

~ ~
    [719/719]

Quote Originally Posted by Tangeh View Post
    Honestly it probably comes down to the fact that a N3DSXL is pretty much a perfect substitute for a N3DS to start with.
    Yes, and the inverse of that is true as well; the two SKUs are meant to provide alternatives.

If consumers generally don't have a preference - like you said - then why does it matter from a business perspective to have both when larger screens in this day and age are perceived as "better"? Take a look at the trends of smartphone sizes for an easy comparison.
    Apple sells an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6 Plus. Many consumers do have a preference one way or the other; people without a preference who don't believe in pockets or whatever will buy based on factors that aren't size, but many of those who do would rather not buy a product at all (or buy a competitor's product) than buy one in a size that doesn't work for them.

I actually got an iPhone 6 (not plus) as a birthday gift today and trust me it doesn't fit in my pocket LOL. Just, y'know. fyi.

I'm still confused on who needs to put a 3DS in their pocket. The smaller one wouldn't fit in mine anyways? Do I just have small pockets. Should I be looking into this. >_> jk jk

I dunno, I still don't think the market for handheld devices is really asking for two new 3DS's that are pretty much the same besides size and picture quality...

~ ~
    [719/719]

I actually got an iPhone 6 (not plus) as a birthday gift today and trust me it doesn't fit in my pocket LOL. Just, y'know. fyi.

I'm still confused on who needs to put a 3DS in their pocket. The smaller one wouldn't fit in mine anyways? Do I just have small pockets. Should I be looking into this. >_> jk jk

I dunno, I still don't think the market for handheld devices is really asking for two new 3DS's that are pretty much the same besides size and picture quality...
    If the 3DS doesn't fit in your pocket, then you probably aren't wearing pants that fit aka those tight jeans that people are wearing these day. And I need to put my 3DS in my pocket. It's annoying carrying around a bag for a separate device when.

I carry my 3DS around in my pocket all the time to get Streetpasses at the Mall and stuff.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    If the 3DS doesn't fit in your pocket, then you probably aren't wearing pants that fit aka those tight jeans that people are wearing these day. And I need to put my 3DS in my pocket. It's annoying carrying around a bag for a separate device when.
    My jeans fit perfectly fine tyvm. :< I'm a size like nothing so maybe my pockets are tiny idkkk. >___> I think I have a single pair of sweatpants that has pockets? My 3DSXL fits in them. My 3DSXL also fits perfectly into my coat pocket, so there's that too. Most of my pants aside from jeans don't have pockets... I guess guys have more of a need for pockets, so. I'm getting off topic though. I meant more like why do you need to take your 3DS away from your house on a regular basis? I guess the below scenario, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    I carry my 3DS around in my pocket all the time to get Streetpasses at the Mall and stuff.
    I'd have a purse at a mall so I can't really talk. ... never taken my 3DS with me there, though. That's an interesting idea for streetpassing. I've never felt the need to streetpass though, and I don't think that's something that kids would actively seek out either. I got a bunch at a hotel by accident once from all over the world, so that was cool. xD

I mean you guys are great examples of exceptions, but I can't see this being a major hurdle that Nintendo would need to release a slightly smaller version to cover is all. But hey, I seem to be outnumbered, so maybe I'm wrong in my thinking.

~ ~
    [719/719]

The main selling point of the DS family was that it was a small system with a clamshell design so it could easily fit in your pocket. They took out the pocket part with the XL.

Oh, I take my 3DS out of the house on a regular basis, believe me. xD Either to play games when I'm waiting for something and I have nothing else to do, or check Serebii from the crappy web-browser if I'm somewhere where there's Wi-Fi. (I don't have a smart phone. >_>)

It's a portable game system. Taking it out of your house is the point. :P
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    It's a portable game system. Taking it out of your house is the point. :P
    Clearly I've been doing it wrong then. Usually the only time I take my 3DS out of the house is on those annoyingly long drives to my grandparents' house.

"Dundun watch over Shulk. Dundun watch over Fiora. That is all a daddypon can do." -Riki
    I have officially claimed Pokémon Alpha Sapphire!
    I have also claimed Nowi.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    Clearly I've been doing it wrong then. Usually the only time I take my 3DS out of the house is on those annoyingly long drives to my grandparents' house.
    Pretty much this... assuming somebody else is driving lol. Or on an airplane etc. I'd feel really stupid pulling out a 3DS in the ten minutes I have between classes, which is the only opportunity I can think of where I could possibly use it outside of my house. If I'm outside of my house I'm either in class, at the library, at a friend's house (I have friends with 3DS's, but the only things we would possibly play together are mario kart and SSB, which we prefer to play on the Wii U anyways...), at a bar, at work, out for a walk, or doing some sort of shopping/ eating out/ etc. I have other priorities besides gaming in all of those scenarios.

edit: The portability is a nice feature to have inside of the house, though. Like if I'm waiting for something to cook but I'm too scared to leave my crappy oven for a long period of time, or if my roommates are watching a movie that I have zero interest in but I still want to be kinda social. xD
    Last edited by Tangeh; 19th January 2015 at 1:57 AM.

~ ~
    [719/719]

Page 533 of 541 FirstFirst ... 433483523529530531532533534535536537 ... LastLast