Page 525 of 525 FirstFirst ... 425475515521522523524525
Results 13,101 to 13,114 of 13114

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite Fan View Post
    I have a new 3ds related question:
    I've come to the understanding that system transfers from uk 3ds to aus n3ds are possible.
    SO,

I've read contradicting statements that system transfers do or do not transfer save data (of downloaded games progress and mii plaza progress).
    Assuming save data doesn't transfer and it stays on the sd- if this was an "old" 3ds, I would just insert the sd to the (sigh) "new old" 3ds.
    BUT- since this is a new 3ds with a micro sd card, I obviously need to buy a 32 gb micro sd (seeing as I currently have a 32 gd sd)

So my question- When I copy the sd to micro sd via pc- should i back-up save data? Is it a waste of time? Can anybody give me the EXACT steps I need to take for a proper, functional, no-tears-shed transfer?

Nintendo- Can't live with them, cant live without them
    All save data is stored on the 3DS, not on the SD card, and it's all transferred.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    All save data is stored on the 3DS, not on the SD card, and it's all transferred.
    Are you absolutely certain? How does my 3ds store save data fore 15-20 games?
    Last edited by Dragonite Fan; 23rd November 2014 at 8:57 PM.
    My 3ds Friend Code:
    Name: Rotem
    FC: 4425-1847-2626

I have Pokemon X, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros. For 3ds, Bravely Default, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Steel Diver: Sub Wars Premium for Multiplayer. Add me if you wish.

Are you absolutely certain? How does my 3ds store save data fore 15-20 games?
    In it's internal memory.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I have a new 3ds related question:
    I've come to the understanding that system transfers from uk 3ds to aus n3ds are possible.
    SO,

I've read contradicting statements that system transfers do or do not transfer save data (of downloaded games progress and mii plaza progress).
    Assuming save data doesn't transfer and it stays on the sd- if this was an "old" 3ds, I would just insert the sd to the (sigh) "new old" 3ds.
    BUT- since this is a new 3ds with a micro sd card, I obviously need to buy a 32 gb micro sd (seeing as I currently have a 32 gd sd)

So my question- When I copy the sd to micro sd via pc- should i back-up save data? Is it a waste of time? Can anybody give me the EXACT steps I need to take for a proper, functional, no-tears-shed transfer?

Nintendo- Can't live with them, cant live without them
    My recommended option is to copy the SD card to the Micro SD card and use the Adaptor in the old 3DS, then start the transfer process. Ditch the old SD as soon you've copied the data over. Oh, just in case you make a mistake, don't start a game that you can't afford to loose the save. (I choose Phoenix Wright or Virtues Last reward myself.)

Mind you I've never transferred games between 3DSes.

I've just gone from a 16GB SD to a 32GB micro SD myself, for when they do release it in the UK.

EDIT: The few games that may reset are Street Pass Plaza, but then that's that I've been told.
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 23rd November 2014 at 9:27 PM.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    My recommended option is to copy the SD card to the Micro SD card and use the Adaptor in the old 3DS, then start the transfer process. Ditch the old SD as soon you've copied the data over. Oh, just in case you make a mistake, don't start a game that you can't afford to loose the save. (I choose Phoenix Wright or Virtues Last reward myself.)

Mind you I've never transferred games between 3DSes.

I've just gone from a 16GB SD to a 32GB micro SD myself, for when they do release it in the UK.

EDIT: The few games that may reset are Street Pass Plaza, but then that's that I've been told.
    I didn't get any of that. What adapter? When do I "ditch" the sd and how? Why would I lose plaza data but not other games (why should I lose anything at all, I don't wanna )
    I'm gonna need you guys to really dumb it down for me, meaning writing down every (or as many as possible) detail.
    And sorry if I sound ungrateful (I'm just a bit stressed out). You guys are truly a huge help!
    My 3ds Friend Code:

I have Pokemon X, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros. For 3ds, Bravely Default, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Steel Diver: Sub Wars Premium for Multiplayer. Add me if you wish.

I didn't get any of that. What adapter? When do I "ditch" the sd and how? Why would I lose plaza data but not other games (why should I lose anything at all, I don't wanna )
    I'm gonna need you guys to really dumb it down for me, meaning writing down every (or as many as possible) detail.
    And sorry if I sound ungrateful (I'm just a bit stressed out). You guys are truly a huge help!
    Sorry.. I'll explain Better. When Sold Many Micro SD cards are sold with an adapter that will allow it fit in to the physically larger SD card slot. See this is one of them: http://img.alibaba.com/img/pb/928/32...323928_163.jpg

The reason why most game saves get whipped is that the 3ds must use the last Save file for a game it's got written to. When I said ditch, I mean to not use the old SD card until after transfer is complete, before inserting in to an 3DS. You don't want to create an Issue where you will lose the save, when you insert the old SD card after copying the data to the new Micro SD card but not before you complete the transfer. As for the Plaza data, I'm going from what I've been told, not from experience.

This page has the official info for the methods available: http://www.nintendo.com.au/support/i...&helpcatID=373
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

I got 2 new themes. SSB4 theme 2 and Pokemon ORAS theme.

I'm hoping the slowpoke theme will come here. It's hilarious.

Ok, I guess I understand how to do the transfer now, and it seems everything, including streetpass plaza is transfered. I just have one question:
    Should I copy my sd to my micro sd before or after the transfer?
    My 3ds Friend Code:

Ok, I guess I understand how to do the transfer now, and it seems everything, including streetpass plaza is transfered. I just have one question:
    Should I copy my sd to my micro sd before or after the transfer?
    You have to do it after the transfer.

You have to do it after the transfer.
    Why? Are some files locked? it would make sense to back up the data on the 32 gb micro sd before transfer, no?
    My 3ds Friend Code:

Why? Are some files locked? it would make sense to back up the data on the 32 gb micro sd before transfer, no?
    Part of the transfer transfers some things from the internal memory to the SD card, which then have to be recopied to the internal memory on the new system, so if you copy before you'll just end up having to copy again to complete the transfer anyway.

You could backup the SD beforehand if you wanted, but you wont be able to complete the transfer with the backed up data. Or if you have a micro SD to SD adapter you can copy all the stuff to it and just use the micro SD in the adapter to initiate the transfer in your old system, and then just stick it in the new system when it's time.

You could backup the SD beforehand if you wanted, but you wont be able to complete the transfer with the backed up data. Or if you have a micro SD to SD adapter you can copy all the stuff to it and just use the micro SD in the adapter to initiate the transfer in your old system, and then just stick it in the new system when it's time.
    If I understood you correctly, this is what I thought all along- back up current 32 gb sd to new 32 gb micro sd, preform system transfer through both systems, insert 32 gb micro sd to New 3ds. No data lost?
    And thanks again for all the help, I must be a real pain :P
    My 3ds Friend Code:

If I understood you correctly, this is what I thought all along- back up current 32 gb sd to new 32 gb micro sd, preform system transfer through both systems, insert 32 gb micro sd to New 3ds. No data lost?
    And thanks again for all the help, I must be a real pain :P
    Yes, that is roughly the plan. Nintendo made transferring data between systems relatively. I've done it several times between DSes and a Wii/Wii U, but I've never done it with 3DSes.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Page 525 of 525 FirstFirst ... 425475515521522523524525