Page 534 of 540 FirstFirst ... 434484524530531532533534535536537538 ... LastLast
Results 13,326 to 13,350 of 13485

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

I play my 3DS while waiting for my bus before school, on my bus too school, while I wait for school to start(my stupid bus just has to arrive an entire hour early), at lunch during school, while I wait for my bus after school, and as I ride my bus home after school. So yeah, my 3DS gets a lot of use outside of my house.

I guess it just depends on who you are and what your schedule is. But to some people, portability is very important.
    But of I course, I never did have problems with my XL.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    ...I need to put my 3DS in my pocket. It's annoying carrying around a bag for a separate device when.

#Firstworldproblems
    Whether it be For Fun or For Glory Come and challenge theTrinity League!!

FC: 3368-1218-4067
    IGN: Kid Skull

Nintendo Network ID: skullcruncher44
    Be sure to add me and check out my drawings!

I trade-in my 3DS XL towards the discount to buy the New 3DS XL.

All I need is to pay $70 (because tax) for it now. 4 weeks to go!

Clearly, because portability is an issue for some people and not others, the obvious solution is to screw over everyone for whom it is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    I trade-in my 3DS XL towards the discount to buy the New 3DS XL.

All I need is to pay $70 (because tax) for it now. 4 weeks to go!
    Do forget to buy a new charger.

I can understand people buying a handheld system for the first time and getting a little upset that there's no charger. However I don't really see the point in why owners of a 3DS now are upset about it. Then again I've always owned multiple systems so I've got multiple chargers for DS and 3DS. Besides if you really need a charger their only $10 at most it's not that big of a deal.
    If your trading in your 3DS and don't want to spend $10 on a charger then don't give them your old charger. It's not required of you to trade it in along with your 3DS. If they do ask where is it just say you lost it, the worst that they can do is take off $5-10 when you trade it in. I've traded in two DS's before and was never required to give them a charger.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

You GS isn't following standard then. It's stated in their policy that you need to return the system with the essentials. For consoles that means an video/power cords, and a controller. For handhelds it's the ac adapter.

GS won't take it because they can't sell it without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Clearly, because portability is an issue for some people and not others, the obvious solution is to screw over everyone for whom it is an issue.
    I still can't understand why you guys think the regular 3DS is apparently 1000x more portable than the 3DSXL. They're nearly the same size. >_> Also after putting an otterbox on my iPhone 6 (not plus) it's now the same length as my 3DSXL, and only about half an inch less wide and a sliver more thin. So phones aren't portable now, either? Please. My laptop is portable. A 3DSXL is portable. If being able to put your 3DS in your pocket is that important, either don't upgrade or buy some clothes with bigger pockets...

Of all of the "portable" devices I own, portability is least important to me with my 3DS, absolutely. But if I needed to make it work, I could do it.

"Even if we take different paths, the truth we arrive at should be the same."
    ~~~
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~
    [719/719]

Quote Originally Posted by Tangeh View Post
    If being able to put your 3DS in your pocket is that important, either don't upgrade or buy some clothes with bigger pockets...
    Just stop while you're behind. Portability isn't the only issue with the XL

I still can't understand why you guys think the regular 3DS is apparently 1000x more portable than the 3DSXL. They're nearly the same size. >_> .
    ignoring everything else..

what

Agreeing with R_N... what?

Also, the 2DS: I feel bad for the kids who have that thing since it doesn't close. Also, is anyone planning on getting the "New 3DS"?
    Click Lapras to join the amazing Slateport City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.
    I don't actually exist. I am imaginary and fictitious.

They're nearly the same size. >_>.
    Gonna sound like a broken record, but: What?

Quote Originally Posted by Palamon View Post
    Agreeing with R_N... what?

Also, the 2DS: I feel bad for the kids who have that thing since it doesn't close. Also, is anyone planning on getting the "New 3DS"?
    I would be, if it had been released here.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Palamon View Post
    Also, the 2DS: I feel bad for the kids who have that thing since it doesn't close.
    I cannot for the life of me imagine that was really a problem for anyone. If you actually intend to take it out in the world with you, you put the thing in a case, put it in a backpack and don't worry about it.

Also, changing the color of your text is a bad thing to do because it's some sort of dark pink on the default green background, and that's bad for everyone.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    ignoring everything else..

what
    Uh, guys, when it's closed it's literally not even an inch bigger in length + width (according to official size comparisons it's about 20 mm), and there's no difference in thickness. Picture makes that pretty clear. Yes the screen is 90% larger or whatever it was, but that doesn't equate to the entire device being twice as big which is what you're making it out to be.

There's a difference obviously, but it's not that significant imo when you're talking about portability which is what was being discussed... you're trying to tell me that the 3DSXL is not portable because it's not even an inch bigger. To me that's a big "lolwut".
    Last edited by Tangeh; 19th January 2015 at 7:34 PM.

~~~
    ~ ~
    [719/719]

That actually is pretty significant.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Uh, guys, when it's closed it's literally not even an inch bigger in length + width (according to official size comparisons it's about 20 mm), and there's no difference in thickness. Picture makes that pretty clear. Yes the screen is 90% larger or whatever it was, but that doesn't equate to the entire device being twice as big which is what you're making it out to be.

There's a difference obviously, but it's not that significant imo when you're talking about portability which is what was being discussed...
    It is significant, though
    Even a relatively small change like "not even an inch bigger" will still affect how people carry the thing

There's a difference obviously, but it's not that significant imo when you're talking about portability which is what was being discussed... you're trying to tell me that the 3DSXL is not portable because it's not even an inch bigger. To me that's a big "lolwut".
    That's 20mm less room in your pocket.

In the end it comes down to personal preference. If you'd rather a bigger screen, go with the XL. If don't like the larger size, go with a regular 3DS. In the end, our only problem is that (at this point in time) only the XL version of the n3DS will be available in NA, which is somewhat unfair to those that wanted the regular size. And I'm pretty sure anyone who wants to take their 3DS (of any size) out into the world will probably have learned by now that it will not fit in your jean's pockets.
    Sig is a work in progress! Please understand.

"Let the dead whine about their fate. As long as I draw breath, I choose to keep fighting!" -Basilio, Fire Emblem: Awakening
    I have officially claimed Pokémon Alpha Sapphire!
    I have also claimed Nowi.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    And I'm pretty sure anyone who wants to take their 3DS (of any size) out into the world will probably have learned by now that it will not fit in your jean's pockets.
    ^This is what I've been trying to say. >__> This is why 20mm is not significant in terms of portability. My opinion only guys, no need to bite. xD

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It is significant, though
    Even a relatively small change like "not even an inch bigger" will still affect how people carry the thing
    If your 3DS fit exactly perfectly in your pocket and all of your pockets are the same size, then yes you would be correct. How many people would this apply to? ...Well idk, but probably not a whole whack of them.

~~~
    ~ ~
    [719/719]

If your 3DS fit exactly perfectly in your pocket and all of your pockets are the same size, then yes you would be correct. How many people would this apply to? ...Well idk, but probably not a whole whack of them.
    Everyone since pockets are symmetrical

Everyone since pockets are symmetrical
    Jeans, sweatpants, sweatshirts, coats...

~~~
    ~ ~
    [719/719]

itt: "the difference doesn't affect me personally, so it must be irrelevant to everyone"

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    And I'm pretty sure anyone who wants to take their 3DS (of any size) out into the world will probably have learned by now that it will not fit in your jean's pockets.
    My jeans fit my 3DS fine, but without much wiggle room; an XL would stick out.

Do you need photographic evidence of me wearing pants?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    My jeans fit my 3DS fine, but without much wiggle room; an XL would stick out.

Do you need photographic evidence of me wearing pants?
    Um . . no thanks.

The aforementioned "wiggle room" is kinda my problem with it. It's kinda bulky and, I dunno, just doesn't feel right? Maybe it's just me . . .

"Let the dead whine about their fate. As long as I draw breath, I choose to keep fighting!" -Basilio, Fire Emblem: Awakening

Jeans, sweatpants, sweatshirts, coats...
    What's your point?

When people say "it doesn't fit in pockets", they are specifically referring to their jeans.

And what about the summer when you don't wear 3/4 of the items you listed?

What's your point?

When people say "it doesn't fit in pockets", they are specifically referring to their jeans.

And what about the summer when you don't wear 3/4 of the items you listed?
    Not necessarily. In fact most of my friends despise jeans with a passion and don't wear them at all. I'm kinda the oddball for wearing them.

And I wear all of those things in summer. #CanadaProbs

~~~
    ~ ~
    [719/719]

Not necessarily. In fact most of my friends despise jeans with a passion and don't wear them at all. I'm kinda the oddball for wearing them.

And I wear all of those things in summer. #CanadaProbs
    I also live in Canada and I definitely do not wear jeans in the summer. Ever. (Unless it's, like, raining or something)

Page 534 of 540 FirstFirst ... 434484524530531532533534535536537538 ... LastLast