Page 537 of 542 FirstFirst ... 437487527533534535536537538539540541 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,425 of 13536

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

  1. #13401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    I have been thinking lately, what has happened to FlipNote Studio 3D? Was it confirmed to be cancelled, as I thought the release date for it was Summer 2013. I remember looking forward to at the time, being a free download and wanting to do some animations, but it drifted from my mind until now! Anyone else even thought about it? I am extremely doubtful now it will ever see the light of day (although I will remain hopeful!) .
    Club Nintendo will give it to Club Nintendo members before the service is cancelled.

    BTW, you can't use the internet to share flipnotes on it.

  2. #13402
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Final Destination
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Club Nintendo will give it to Club Nintendo members before the service is cancelled.

    BTW, you can't use the internet to share flipnotes on it.
    Thanks for the information, looks like we will be getting it after all!
    Many were enlightened after the Awakening..
    We can protect the Fire Emblem again, if we work together...

  3. #13403
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tropical Resort
    Posts
    3,624

    Default

    Iwata's goal for Nintendo's "comeback strategy" includes remaking more games for the 3DS after Xenoblade and Majora's Mask, as well as recreating smartphone games for it.

    http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintend...s#.VNXBnfnF_7E

    MM wasn't even the bottom of the barrel. Expect more remake announcements throughout the year, I suppose.

    Wii U NNID: SonicBoom93

  4. #13404
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    Iwata's goal for Nintendo's "comeback strategy" includes remaking more games for the 3DS after Xenoblade and Majora's Mask, as well as recreating smartphone games for it.

    http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintend...s#.VNXBnfnF_7E

    MM wasn't even the bottom of the barrel. Expect more remake announcements throughout the year, I suppose.
    more remakes makes sense for both consoles, really
    they presumably take less time barring full-tilt remakes and can fill gaps

    i know they specifiy 3ds but really i'm surprised we haven't seen more HD remakes/masters on wii u

  5. #13405
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    18,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    more remakes makes sense for both consoles, really
    they presumably take less time barring full-tilt remakes and can fill gaps

    i know they specifiy 3ds but really i'm surprised we haven't seen more HD remakes/masters on wii u
    Probably just because it's more work.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  6. #13406
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,510

    Default

    Recreating Smart phone games? Did Nintendo make any before? I don't even know if their audience wants that, they pretty much lost all the casual gamers.

  7. #13407
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    18,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Recreating Smart phone games? Did Nintendo make any before? I don't even know if their audience wants that, they pretty much lost all the casual gamers.
    I think it's more along the lines of encouraging third parties to port their smartphone games.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  8. #13408
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere on Google Map
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    The 3DS has Squeenix's Million Arthur and Gungho's upcoming PuzzDra w/Mario, so I guess he wants more of this?


    You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?


  9. #13409
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,736

    Default

    Has anyone ever sent a 3DS in for repairs? Did it get a new paint job?

    I have the limited edition Zelda 3DS. Since it's going to be rare one day, I think I'm going to keep it after I get a New 3DS, but there's some scratches on the paint from being in my backpack or pocket all the time. I'd assume it'd be kept the way it is, but it'd be really nice to know so if I could have its paint fixed up.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles
    Anyone who says all pokemon are created equal cearly hasn't had much experience with Unown.

  10. #13410
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    18,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Has anyone ever sent a 3DS in for repairs? Did it get a new paint job?

    I have the limited edition Zelda 3DS. Since it's going to be rare one day, I think I'm going to keep it after I get a New 3DS, but there's some scratches on the paint from being in my backpack or pocket all the time. I'd assume it'd be kept the way it is, but it'd be really nice to know so if I could have its paint fixed up.
    They would not repaint it, as it's not paint. At best you'd get it back as is, at worst they'd replace the casing, and you wouldn't get your Zelda casing back.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  11. #13411
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    They would not repaint it, as it's not paint. At best you'd get it back as is, at worst they'd replace the casing, and you wouldn't get your Zelda casing back.
    Ah, that's what I figured.
    Oh well. I guess it's my fault anyway. I should of kept it in a case.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles
    Anyone who says all pokemon are created equal cearly hasn't had much experience with Unown.

  12. #13412
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post
    I don't see why this is a big deal. I got myself a 16gb sd card and I haven't touched it since I did a system transfer. Do people regularly need to remove their sd cards?
    You actually do have to remove the microSD card from the New 3DS in order to transfer your data from the old 3DS to the new one.

    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/How...-XL-69968.html

    So yeah. People claiming that it isn't an issue because you can just 'transfer the data', sorry. It still has to be opened. I don't know what to tell you here. It's right there for people to see.

    I would talk about the transfer process itself in way more detail, but I think the article pretty much says it all.



    I do love how they say Nintendo recommends you 'call customer support' if you don't have your original 3DS anymore ('call customer support' translation: 'we don't have a solution for the problem').


    As I said before, I am still looking forward to the console when it comes out tomorrow. I just think this is a very 'Nintendo' thing for them to do. No other company I have ever done business with has made transferring data from one piece of their hardware to another piece of their hardware this needlessly tedious.
    Last edited by SBaby; 12th February 2015 at 10:50 PM.
    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

    Recently, my close friend was brutally attacked her ex-boyfriend. Her child tragically lost her life in this horrendous incident. The road to recovery for her will be a long one. A fund has been set up to help her pay for the funeral and hospital expenses here. http://www.gofundme.com/krvruo

  13. #13413
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere on Google Map
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    I don't see why they just can't copy Playstation and Xbox's account system. Just log in to a system, and download your old games and media from your download list.


    You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?


  14. #13414
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Inkopolis
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    I don't see why they just can't copy Playstation and Xbox's account system. Just log in to a system, and download your old games and media from your download list.
    Omigawd that sounds so much easier. But then again the actual method doesn't sound too hard, the only problem is people who don't know about said method and proceed to do it themselves. But yeah, they could do something like that with the NNID. It's not too farfetch'd.
    Sig is a work in progress. Please understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Amiibo, where double the retail price is a sweet deal.
    I have claimed Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Nowi.

  15. #13415
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere on Google Map
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    Doesn't matter if Nintendo's method is difficult or not. The simple fact of the matter is that transferring your account shouldn't take more than a minute.


    You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?


  16. #13416
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Riding on the hood
    Posts
    10,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    I don't see why they just can't copy Playstation and Xbox's account system. Just log in to a system, and download your old games and media from your download list.
    That's probably what they're going to do going forward in the future; I would expect to see it (hopefully alongside things like cross-buy/cross-save on VC and certain eShop games, standardized friend lists/achievements/etc, full web eShop to download to standby devices, social media integration, and general preparation for the inevitable all-digital future) once their next-gen console/handheld brotherhood rolls around.

    Yeah, a generation behind Sony, but never late than never, I guess.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 13th February 2015 at 12:27 AM.

  17. #13417
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere on Google Map
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    Doesn't Shovel Knight have cross-buy? At least that's one step into the right direction.


    You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?


  18. #13418
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Riding on the hood
    Posts
    10,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Doesn't Shovel Knight have cross-buy? At least that's one step into the right direction.
    There's a couple games that have it in Europe, at least (though moreso discounts than two-for-one), and MvDK:TS is confirmed to have it worldwide, but it's not something that their current system, particularly the 3DS, is set up to do on a larger scale (MvDK:TS will give you a download code, but nothing linked to an account).

  19. #13419
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Jerusalem, Isreal
    Posts
    107

    Default

    So does anyone know if the Majora 3ds themes that come with purchasing the game will be available for separate purchase in Europe? I plan on purchasing a physical copy of the game, but I do like the themes.
    Last edited by Dragonite Fan; 13th February 2015 at 9:22 AM.
    My 3ds Friend Code:
    Name: Rotem
    FC: 4425-1847-2626

    I have Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Pokemon X, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros. For 3ds, Bravely Default, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Steel Diver: Sub Wars Premium for Multiplayer. Add me if you wish.

  20. #13420
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    You actually do have to remove the microSD card from the New 3DS in order to transfer your data from the old 3DS to the new one.

    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/How...-XL-69968.html

    So yeah. People claiming that it isn't an issue because you can just 'transfer the data', sorry. It still has to be opened. I don't know what to tell you here. It's right there for people to see.

    I would talk about the transfer process itself in way more detail, but I think the article pretty much says it all.
    I'm perfectly aware that you will have to remove it and replace it one time if you do a system transfer. I was specifically referring to the people that are making it sound as if they constantly change their SD cards. One time is not a big deal. People need to stop making it into one.
    Latest shiny:

    found in Granite Cave

  21. #13421
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post
    I'm perfectly aware that you will have to remove it and replace it one time if you do a system transfer. I was specifically referring to the people that are making it sound as if they constantly change their SD cards. One time is not a big deal. People need to stop making it into one.
    It is a big deal for transferring data when the process takes an average of 2 to 3 hours to complete, because of how needlessly complicated it is. No kid who wants to play their new console is going to have the patience to do all this, or sit around waiting for someone to do it, and this may shock you, but not everyone that buys this owns a PC.


    And that's not even counting the fact that if you don't have a charger from an old 3DS, getting one for this is going to be as one article puts it, weirdly hard.

    http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/11/80...er-hard-to-buy

    Look, I love Nintendo as much as anybody else. They have some of the greatest IPs on the market. But this is extremely hard to defend without sounding like a blind loyalist.


    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    That's probably what they're going to do going forward in the future; I would expect to see it (hopefully alongside things like cross-buy/cross-save on VC and certain eShop games, standardized friend lists/achievements/etc, full web eShop to download to standby devices, social media integration, and general preparation for the inevitable all-digital future) once their next-gen console/handheld brotherhood rolls around.

    Yeah, a generation behind Sony, but never late than never, I guess.
    Well, they're going to have to change at some point, because right now they're stuck in the past. And it's not just because of the interface for their hardware. They're stuck in the past regarding graphics, technology, and third-party support. Sooner or later, this is all going to catch up to them.
    Last edited by SBaby; 16th February 2015 at 3:17 AM.
    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

    Recently, my close friend was brutally attacked her ex-boyfriend. Her child tragically lost her life in this horrendous incident. The road to recovery for her will be a long one. A fund has been set up to help her pay for the funeral and hospital expenses here. http://www.gofundme.com/krvruo

  22. #13422
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Jerusalem, Isreal
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Ok, New Themes available in Europe (LOZ-MM, MH4U, and that ace combat whatever plus extra)
    My 3ds Friend Code:
    Name: Rotem
    FC: 4425-1847-2626

    I have Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Pokemon X, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros. For 3ds, Bravely Default, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Steel Diver: Sub Wars Premium for Multiplayer. Add me if you wish.

  23. #13423
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,278

    Default

    If I don't care about the face plates, is there any reason for me to wait for the smaller N3DS? Or should I just get the larger one? Would the larger N3DS be easier on the eyes? (As in less eyestrain?)

  24. #13424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    If I don't care about the face plates, is there any reason for me to wait for the smaller N3DS? Or should I just get the larger one? Would the larger N3DS be easier on the eyes? (As in less eyestrain?)
    The N3DS XL's only incentive to be bought is for those people who want to upgrade safely to a new console when theirs is already bricked or don't own a 3DS at all, because otherwise there are really no games meant for it and even then the only one is Xenoblade in April. In fact, it seems Japan is more prone to buying the XL version despite the smaller version existing. The only other smaller incentives it has going for now are videos on Internet Browser through Youtube and less loading times which also include eShop downloads...oh, and running Smash Bros. 3DS as it had been MEANT to be without resetting the console and limiting its other uses.

    I don't know about eyestrain, but it should screw you up really badly if you overuse the use of 3D for sure, just as much as a 3DS.

    We have no way of knowing if the smaller N3DS will come to NA right now, but you should gauge your incentive to wait with what I just said.

  25. #13425
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    The N3DS XL's only incentive to be bought is for those people who want to upgrade safely to a new console when theirs is already bricked or don't own a 3DS at all, because otherwise there are really no games meant for it and even then the only one is Xenoblade in April. In fact, it seems Japan is more prone to buying the XL version despite the smaller version existing. The only other smaller incentives it has going for now are videos on Internet Browser through Youtube and less loading times which also include eShop downloads...oh, and running Smash Bros. 3DS as it had been MEANT to be without resetting the console and limiting its other uses.

    I don't know about eyestrain, but it should screw you up really badly if you overuse the use of 3D for sure, just as much as a 3DS.

    We have no way of knowing if the smaller N3DS will come to NA right now, but you should gauge your incentive to wait with what I just said.
    Thanks for replying. Leaning towards XL just because it's here now and it's bigger. Just one question:

    Is there a noticeable difference in screen resolution? Do the graphics look blown up on the XL?

Page 537 of 542 FirstFirst ... 437487527533534535536537538539540541 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •