Page 538 of 542 FirstFirst ... 438488528534535536537538539540541542 LastLast
Results 13,426 to 13,450 of 13536

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    Thanks for replying. Leaning towards XL just because it's here now and it's bigger. Just one question:

Is there a noticeable difference in screen resolution? Do the graphics look blown up on the XL?
    The screen resolution is identical between the two, so yes, they look blown up on the XL.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memory...=micro+SD+card

Hmm, micro SD cards with 32GB are around $11 in amazon, but a review said the write speed is slow. I've been using a SanDisk 32GB card, but is there a faster one as both are SanDisk? I'm only planning to having over 32GB because I have quite a lot of stuff in my current SD card.

All SD cards are rated in a 'standardized' (I use this word very loosely) scale. UHS-I is currently the fastest. Class 10 is probably what you'll find cheapest, they're the second fastest. All microSD cards have pretty terrible read/write speeds.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    All SD cards are rated in a 'standardized' (I use this word very loosely) scale. UHS-I is currently the fastest. Class 10 is probably what you'll find cheapest, they're the second fastest. All microSD cards have pretty terrible read/write speeds.
    Aw well. Looks like I'll stick with SanDisk once more.

Besides, the N3DS is supposed to have faster downloads...right?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Aw well. Looks like I'll stick with SanDisk once more.

Besides, the N3DS is supposed to have faster downloads...right?
    I guess. I haven't pay much attention to the downloads. :S

I gotta get used to the new locations of the volume, stylus, game cartridge slot and the power button on the N3DS.

I find it very strange that the New 3DS is using micro SD cards anyway.

Not only does it make the transfer more of a hassle, but I don't see how it could in any way be an upgrade from an SD card. Very strange for something that's trying to outclass it's predecessor.
    Moving the SD card in and out of the normal 3DS is just so easy. I have no clue why they felt that needed to be changed.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles
    Anyone who says all pokemon are created equal cearly hasn't had much experience with Unown.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I find it very strange that the New 3DS is using micro SD cards anyway.

Not only does it make the transfer more of a hassle, but I don't see how it could in any way be an upgrade from an SD card. Very strange for something that's trying to outclass it's predecessor.
    Moving the SD card in and out of the normal 3DS is just so easy. I have no clue why they felt that needed to be changed.
    microSD cards are smaller, thus you need to devote less physical space to a card reader, which you can use for a myriad of other things.

I got my New 3ds Xl, but I had to get my friend to transfer the content with his Internet connection. I'm getting it back around 3:00 PM/15:00 EST.

3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    I got my New 3ds Xl, but I had to get my friend to transfer the content with his Internet connection. I'm getting it back around 3:00 PM/15:00 EST.
    Oh noes. You're never seeing that piece of hardware again.

I kid. But seriously, that sounds a little risky.

You don't really have friends, do you?

You don't really have friends, do you?
    I do. Except for the fact they all deserted my city because of not being an important one where there weren't that many job openings, or that's what I think.

But if you want to question my trust in them, don't. They're very trust-worthy. I had questionable relationships in the past that made me regret some decisions so that's why I worry about the people here.

The "risky" part was having to disclose my NNID password.

Rest assured, I know this guy from well over 10 years ago, before Ruby and Sapphire were out.

Edit: You know, I thought I would dread a larger model, but actually:

It fits in my pocket well enough, and AC:NL feels a bit more authentic to me.

I would have still preferred a New 3ds regular, but this is alright.
    Last edited by Auraninja; 14th February 2015 at 11:24 PM.

For some reason, my local Toys R Us had a Black N3DS XL, so I picked it up.

I love it. It's so much better than my old 3DS, mostly because of the size. Definitely would recommend this as an upgrade.

I bought a New Nintendo 3DS when it came out and my Valentine's day was great <333

Team Omega Ruby

Mixtape
    Level 22

Dawg
    Level 16

Pekachu
    Level 14

lol. No it isn't.

That said though, leaving a 200 dollar device with my friend as soon as I get it isn't on the top of my list

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    That said though, leaving a 200 dollar device with my friend as soon as I get it isn't on the top of my list
    I had technically issues with the Internet while I was attempting to transfer the data. My friend had a much easier time with his Internet.

I finally got my MH4U New 3DS XL in the mail(spent all morning waiting X_X), went straight to do the transfer. Local wireless failed on the first attempt before the actual transfer process started, it made my heart skip a beat when I saw it pop up. After starting it up again it worked just fine, the transfer process on Nintendo's website was worded weird at the end. I thought at first when moving the microSD card I had in my old 3DS XL in order to move the DSiWare was done you had to reinsert the target's original microSD card to complete the transfer. At least that's what I got from reading their step-by-step, even though I already knew once finished the system keeps that microSD from the source system just like how the old transfer worked.

Now I'm currently redownloading MH4U, I've been waiting so long to play this game. Once it's done you won't be hearing from me for a while
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I received my New 3DS this morning. The system transfer failed during the final step and I feared the worst. I tried again and, miraculously, my save files survived the process. The console's design is particularly pleasing, though it'll take me some time to adjust to the placement of the stylus and power button. I'm hoping the Majora's Mask cover plates materialise in Europe shortly.
    Last edited by Aegon; 18th February 2015 at 2:50 PM.

Eesh. Even New N3DS are hard to find. Not even non-owned Amazon handhelds are being sold except for the atrociously-costly MM3D Edition.

It looks like a massive strike from the West Coast ports is what it is causing a massive shortage on handhelds and even amiibo.

So guys-
    I've ordered a new 3ds and am going to pick it up today and do the system transfer, but I wanted to know:
    1. If I do a PC transfer, does it matter if I already copied the sd on to a micro sd BEFORE the transfer? I did this because I wont have accsess to my pc for the next couple of days.
    2. I wish to give my old 3ds to a friend of mine, so I need the old 32 sd card to be free of MOST OF the data (eshop games, dlc, save data etc) but to still have system apps (Face raiders, ar games, streetpass plaza etc) installed. What do I need to do?
    My 3ds Friend Code:
    Name: Rotem
    FC: 4425-1847-2626

I have Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Pokemon X, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros. For 3ds, Bravely Default, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Steel Diver: Sub Wars Premium for Multiplayer. Add me if you wish.

I've been wanting a New 3DS ever since it came out a couple of days ago, but I just don;t have the money at the moment. I'm thinking it's time to trade in some games...

Eesh. Even New N3DS are hard to find. Not even non-owned Amazon handhelds are being sold except for the atrociously-costly MM3D Edition.

It looks like a massive strike from the West Coast ports is what it is causing a massive shortage on handhelds and even amiibo.
    Really? I was on the Canadian Amazon yesterday and it kept advertising it to me. ... Yeah, here it is. "Two to three weeks" for shipping, but eligible for prime.

find it ~ catch it ~ name it ~ train it ~ breed it ~ love it ~ mega-'volve it
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~
    [719/719]

Quote Originally Posted by Tangeh View Post
    Really? I was on the Canadian Amazon yesterday and it kept advertising it to me. ... Yeah, here it is. "Two to three weeks" for shipping, but eligible for prime.
    2-3 weeks to me basically means they don't have any, but will still take your money.

2-3 weeks to me basically means they don't have any, but will still take your money.
    I have prime so I checked - it's telling me with prime it'll only take 2-3 business days (1-2 if I pay an extra 3.99 xD). Prime has never let me down before, but I'm not gonna test it because I'm still not interested in the thing. :/

find it ~ catch it ~ name it ~ train it ~ breed it ~ love it ~ mega-'volve it
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~
    [719/719]

Quote Originally Posted by Tangeh View Post
    I have prime so I checked - it's telling me with prime it'll only take 2-3 business days (1-2 if I pay an extra 3.99 xD). Prime has never let me down before, but I'm not gonna test it because I'm still not interested in the thing. :/
    I think that means 2 to 3 business days AFTER they get the supply, which can take even longer.

Page 538 of 542 FirstFirst ... 438488528534535536537538539540541542 LastLast