Page 518 of 518 FirstFirst ... 418468508514515516517518
Results 12,926 to 12,939 of 12939

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Xenoblade Chronicles is also a port as opposed to a new game.

Sell your existing 3DS to fund the new one if you need to play Xenoblade that badly (which you do), or worst-case scenario, wait for the actual successor to be released and buy it for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I think a lot of it is the gif, but I haven't seen the original video.
    Yeah, i also think that gif is from the stream, which wasn't in that great of quality anyway

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Keywords: some sort.
    And "some sort" is also another way of saying "like". The N3DS is not some sort of Expansion Pack. It's an entirely new handheld altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

Sell your existing 3DS to fund the new one if you need to play Xenoblade that badly (which you do), or worst-case scenario, wait for the actual successor to be released and buy it for that.
    Yes, Xenoblade 3DS is a downport that requires an entirely new handheld. Pretty sure we all knew that like a few hours after the Direct.
    I'm gonna be trading in my OG 3DS for a N3DSXL. Don't care for Xenoblade, so that's not my reason for upgrading. I just think the OG 3DS's screen is utter shet. Maybe I'll finally be able to finish Kid Icarus Uprising now that there's a 3DS with a built in second stick (albeit very small and probably horrible to use in an 3D action game)
    "You either die a Grammar Nazi,
    or you live long enough to see yourself make a typo."
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    Yes, Xenoblade 3DS is a downport that requires an entirely new handheld. Pretty sure we all knew that like a few hours after the Direct.
    I'm gonna be trading in my OG 3DS for a N3DSXL. Don't care for Xenoblade, so that's not my reason for upgrading. I just think the OG 3DS's screen is utter shet. Maybe I'll finally be able to finish Kid Icarus Uprising now that there's a 3DS with a built in second stick (albeit very small and probably horrible to use in an 3D action game)
    Kid Icarus doesn't support dual-stick gameplay. The game was even given Circle Pad Pro support but only so lefties could play comfortably. The only way it would work like that is if they released a patch for the game. I do believe I remember Sakurai commenting that he felt using touchscreen aiming was better for the kind of game they wanted to make(and of course the practical reason against the patch of KI:U being a 3-year-old game by the time N3DS comes out).
    Besides, KI:U had fully adjustable controls, so with enough time you could either find your ideal settings or get used to what feels best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

My thoughts are pretty much this. When people buy a dedicated gaming system, whether it's a 3DS, PS4, Xbox One, or any other gaming system out there, they buy them because they are secure in the knowledge that the system will last at least 5 to 6 years. If a company is going to crank out a new console (even a handheld) every 3 or so years, people are going to be less inclined to drop 200 dollars on it, because there's no guarantee they won't do this again three more years down the road.
    Last edited by SBaby; Today at 12:53 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

Nobody's going to buy a console just to play a port of a game that was already released a generation ago. People are going to have to see what kind of exclusives the N3DS is going to get, and the quality of these exclusives before making that kind of commitment. In fact, that's pretty much my mindset at the moment. I'm not ruling out trading in my 3DS XL to get a N3DS, but I'm also not too crazy about getting one unless the incentive is too great for me to ignore. I'd love to play Xenoblade, but it's not a console seller for me.

Sakurai isn't going to patch a 3-year game to suit the N3DS control scheme. Even then, I remember Sakurai defending his control scheme to the point of saying that he won't change it. Though, on a regular XL, KI:U is actually quite easy to control. So you might find some enjoyment in the N3DS XL. As for the second stick, I think Nintendo meant it solely for camera controls, given the size restraint and the close proximity to face buttons. That being said, I don't think we'll see the C-stick be part of the main control scheme for every game. Just the few games that really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    My thoughts are pretty much this. When people buy a dedicated gaming system, whether it's a 3DS, PS4, Xbox One, or any other gaming system out there, they buy them because they are secure in the knowledge that the system will last at least 5 to 6 years. If a company is going to crank out a new console (even a handheld) every 3 or so years, people are going to be less inclined to drop 200 dollars on it, because there's no guarantee they won't do this again three more years down the road.
    That is a completely fair standpoint. For me personally, I do not mind since I've been thinking of upgrading anyway and this has proven to be the perfect opportunity to do so.

I've gotten a TON of mileage out of my limited edition Zelda 3DS since picking it up a little less than three years years ago and since me and my family travel a lot, I play handheld games more than I play console and PC games.

My point is, I do not think the the amount of time between new products is what limits someone from picking up a new version of previous hardware, but rather what they get out of it. 3 years is still a pretty long time to be quite honest.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Nobody's going to buy a console just to play a port of a game that was already released a generation ago.
    Yes they will. Especially since said game is gone from all stores and selling on eBay for $200+

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Yes they will. Especially since said game is gone from all stores and selling on eBay for $200+
    Well, Amazon sellers are selling it for $60. eBay people are more stingy.

Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Sakurai isn't going to patch a 3-year game to suit the N3DS control scheme. Even then, I remember Sakurai defending his control scheme to the point of saying that he won't change it. Though, on a regular XL, KI:U is actually quite easy to control. So you might find some enjoyment in the N3DS XL. As for the second stick, I think Nintendo meant it solely for camera controls, given the size restraint and the close proximity to face buttons. That being said, I don't think we'll see the C-stick be part of the main control scheme for every game. Just the few games that really need it.
    What games supported the CPP? Because that should have helped KIU when it came out (bundled with RER a moth before KIU, IIRC). And yeah, that's what second sticks are for. Move the camera, shoot with your gun, slashing people without the gimmicky motion controls, etc. Obviously not every game needs a second stick. Pokémon doesn't need it yet since they're still stuck using a top-down view, Fire Emblem too, Tetris, fighting games, etc. Any 2D games really. But for 3D action/adventure, shooters, etc, they're needed. I can't judge it yet, but aiming in RER with that really small stick looks like it'll feel uncomfortable and horrible.
    "You either die a Grammar Nazi,
    or you live long enough to see yourself make a typo."
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Of course, those that missed out on the Wii game will benefit (provided that the experience is comfortable and the visuals look better by then). But what I meant is that Xenoblade is not a system seller by any means in that it will only garner interest of a niche market (one that presumably enjoys RPGs in general, and/or the Xeno series) compared to something like a Mario, Zelda, or even a Smash Brothers title. It simply doesn't have the brand recognition that Nintendo's larger IPs have.

What games supported the CPP? Because that should have helped KIU when it came out (bundled with RER a moth before KIU, IIRC). And yeah, that's what second sticks are for. Move the camera, shoot with your gun, slashing people without the gimmicky motion controls, etc. Obviously not every game needs a second stick. Pokémon doesn't need it yet since they're still stuck using a top-down view, Fire Emblem too, Tetris, fighting games, etc. Any 2D games really. But for 3D action/adventure, shooters, etc, they're needed. I can't judge it yet, but aiming in RER with that really small stick looks like it'll feel uncomfortable and horrible.
    Only a handful if I remember correctly. Titles like MGS 3D, Monster Hunter and Kingdom Hearts 3D comes to mind. I'm betting for RE controls that Capcom might expect people to aim with the second stick and fire with a face button or the larger trigger.

KI:U actually supports the CPP as a left handed mode

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    KI:U actually supports the CPP as a left handed mode
    Left-handed person approves this statement.

I do have a couple of CPP games that I love, but I am finding this system to be a potentially good investment.

I want to see more of this when more information surfaces.

auraninja out dawgs

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Only thing is, for a left handed mode, will the nub be enough for the aiming? Time will tell. And the controversy over releasing a new model is getting out of hand. Yes, you may have bought a 3DS way back when. Or even a year ago. Point is, Nintendo has always done this and always will. Hell, with the markets aggressive nature compared to previous generations due to the emergence of mobile gaming its arguable that Nintendo should have done this sooner to stay afloat. More importantly, what are people going to do next gen, when the Nintendo OS is finally implemented, and they go for a multiple SKU route? You know, not like now where this model should replace a 3 year old already outdated piece of hardware, but where you have multiple tiers of hardware, all with varying degrees of graphical prowess? Its only going to get worst if your against this, which is completely mild to what we might see by the time next gen comes round. As for now, I don't mind. As I said, the OG 3DS is 3 years old, almost 4. If you bought an XL for whatever reason on top of that, well that was optional, and not like you were gaining something. These are meant to replace the old, and give new life to the lineup. If it will work, who knows. I am worried however that even with the additions to the console, there won't be much support.
    BLAH

Page 518 of 518 FirstFirst ... 418468508514515516517518