Page 539 of 539 FirstFirst ... 439489529535536537538539
Results 13,451 to 13,461 of 13461

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I think that means 2 to 3 business days AFTER they get the supply, which can take even longer.
    No. It means 2-3 business days. Usually two - I've never had prime take longer than two days.

The red one is sold out, though, so that would take longer (in that case you would be correct). Black one is labeled as in stock.
    Last edited by Tangeh; 20th February 2015 at 2:01 AM.

"Even if we take different paths, the truth we arrive at should be the same."
    ~~~
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~
    [719/719]

My new 3ds arrived today!! Did a system transfer, and the only thing lost was my dsiware (redownloaded sleep clock, but four swords can not be recovered sadly. Oh, well, didn't play it much anyway. Edit- found a way to revove four swords!!)
    I must say that so far, I find the console to be only a relatively slight improvement.
    General remarks:
    1. The 3d might be better but I never had much problems with the original's 3d, so to me it isn't that noticeable.
    2. Extra buttons are nice, especially considering they don't take up much space, but I found the circle pad pro's buttons much more comfortable.
    3. Amiibo functionality is theoretically good, but I have neither the access to nor the willingness to spend that much money on the figures. If I somehow stumble across one, I might consider though.
    4. I think the screens are now a perfect size, exactly where it should be between the old model and the exaggerated, blown up xl screens.
    5. I actually find some of the new button configurations a regression- I liked the old placement of start and select beside the home button, but I think I'll get used to their new placement pretty quickly. The game card slot seems weird on the bottom, but games are less likely to pop out so I guess it's worth it. I don't like the volume slider on the top screen, but Xl users are probably used to it- I'll get there to. However, the worst changes are the power button and stylus. The power button is very hard to press, especially without accidentally pressing other buttons. I forsee this causing some trouble. The stylus is now placed on the bottom, has reverted to it's non-extending "ds like" form ( I LOVED the expanding stylus), and is a lot harder to take out (although harder to break too). Overall, while I think some of these changes are a step back to the ds lite and such, some of them might have been necessary to accommodate the extra buttons.

(But the Snes colored buttons are cool :P)

6. The biggest improvement for me, and the one I hope they will eventually capitalize on, is the improved cpu. Loading times- faster! Eshop- faster! Miiverse and Browser- useable! (still boring though :P) I don't want to be insensitive towards people that didn't upgrade, but I actually hope that more games are made elusively for the New 3ds because of this.

So overall- I like the console, I think it's generally an improvement. I wouldn't have upgraded if not for certain reasons involving my old 3ds (mostly aesthetic damage and the fact that my friend was interested in buying one, so I gave him mine), I don't really like some of the button placements. That being said, I don't think the buttons are such a loss relative to the improved CPU. By the time Xenoblade arrives, I probably won't miss the expanding stylus or old power button, i'll be too busy enjoying awesome games!!!
    Plus I'm picking up majora's mask 3d today, so, yeah
    Last edited by Dragonite Fan; 22nd February 2015 at 3:35 PM.
    My 3ds Friend Code:
    Name: Rotem
    FC: 4425-1847-2626

I have Pokemon X, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros. For 3ds, Bravely Default, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Steel Diver: Sub Wars Premium for Multiplayer. Add me if you wish.

New 3DS XL sales are truly being affected by the west coast port strike.

However, amiibo is light enough that Nintendo will ship them by air if they have to.

It looks like the strike is going to end soon, though. They seem to have reached an agreement.

You can only learn how when you break down the barriers pushing others away... ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Master Quest Map)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

New 3DS XL sales are truly being affected by the west coast port strike.

However, amiibo is light enough that Nintendo will ship them by air if they have to.

It looks like the strike is going to end soon, though. They seem to have reached an agreement.
    Yeah, so hopefully I'll start seeing variety in the amiibo I see in stores. If I can't spot characters like Wii Fit Trainer, fine. I would like seeing characters like Toon Link, Marth, Sheik & Bowser though. I don't plan on getting any of those characters (my brother might get Marth though), but seeing different stuff will be nice, especially if I find a decent deal, so I'm not stuck with a character like Yoshi, Peach, Luigi or DK.

New 3DS XLs getting more shipments as a result of this agreement is great too. Wasn't planning to get one until the end of the year.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I ran like hell to my nearest GameStop once they confirmed to me they had New 3DS XL in stock. I picked a black one and I am now waiting for this long and painful transfer process to get over with.

Is transferring data from SD cards tied to the internet? If so, I should put my uploads to rest to free up upload speed.

You can only learn how when you break down the barriers pushing others away... ~Made by yours truly~

I ran like hell to my nearest GameStop once they confirmed to me they had New 3DS XL in stock. I picked a black one and I am now waiting for this long and painful transfer process to get over with.

Is transferring data from SD cards tied to the internet? If so, I should put my uploads to rest to free up upload speed.
    Kinda.. You need to confirm your NNID with Nintendo and it will Move relevant data on the 3DS console itself over. It takes a while no matter which option you pick. I strongly recommend not picking copy everything if you have lots of data. I already had a Micro SD card in my 3DS, so it was sorted in about 1/2 hour.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Kinda.. You need to confirm your NNID with Nintendo and it will Move relevant data on the 3DS console itself over. It takes a while no matter which option you pick. I strongly recommend not picking copy everything if you have lots of data. I already had a Micro SD card in my 3DS, so it was sorted in about 1/2 hour.
    In that case, I think I'm going to stop my uploads to make this faster.

EDIT: Ugh. Sorry but no. I'll use the PC-Transfer method as it seems waaaaay faster. I luckily have a micro SD Card adapter that came with my 64GB card (and yes I formatted it to FAT32).
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 26th February 2015 at 1:58 AM.

The N3DS XL's only incentive to be bought is for those people who want to upgrade safely to a new console when theirs is already bricked or don't own a 3DS at all, because otherwise there are really no games meant for it and even then the only one is Xenoblade in April. In fact, it seems Japan is more prone to buying the XL version despite the smaller version existing. The only other smaller incentives it has going for now are videos on Internet Browser through Youtube and less loading times which also include eShop downloads...oh, and running Smash Bros. 3DS as it had been MEANT to be without resetting the console and limiting its other uses.

I don't know about eyestrain, but it should screw you up really badly if you overuse the use of 3D for sure, just as much as a 3DS.

We have no way of knowing if the smaller N3DS will come to NA right now, but you should gauge your incentive to wait with what I just said.
    Maybe the N3DS(non-XL) will not make it Stateside... One possible legitimate reason why:

Here in the US, there's is such a thing as plate shops. I believe Nintendo didn't want to mess with the prospect of a majority of N3DS fans going to unofficial exterior-customization shops that could serve to void warranties should their services produce a plate that a customer subsequently placed on the N3DS should it get in their hands. And given the apparent poor sales of the N3DS Regular in Japan vs. the N3DSXL, maybe Nintendo wants not to cater to the potential select few that buy a N3DS, then conspire to place inappropriate material on their N3DS faceplates for display in a free country that currently is, at least in my opinion, more violent(judging by crime rates against individuals, rather than the government, which is nowhere near chaos at this point in time, but...) in the real world than the rest of the free world in the present day, much to my displeasure...

^ Note it's just my take. That does not mean it's true, and although I believe that further discussion in regards to aforementioned select few may be classified as inappropriate for this forum, what I am saying that maybe Nintendo is scared of potential misuse of the custom face plate feature should it come to the States...
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

Quote Originally Posted by gregjammer View Post
    maybe Nintendo wants not to cater to the potential select few that buy a N3DS, then conspire to place inappropriate material on their N3DS faceplates for display in a free country that currently is, at least in my opinion, more violent(judging by crime rates against individuals, rather than the government, which is nowhere near chaos at this point in time, but...) in the real world than the rest of the free world in the present day, much to my displeasure...

although I believe that further discussion in regards to aforementioned select few may be classified as inappropriate for this forum, what I am saying that maybe Nintendo is scared of potential misuse of the custom face plate feature should it come to the States...
    You're overreacting to a level bordering on comical. No, "potential misuse of the custom face plate feature should it come to the States" had nothing to do with it.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Amazing.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Well, the system transfer is finished, but now I have to go on a big redownload spree for a lot of titles.

Here goes. Let's see how fast downloading will be.

EDIT: Well, I spend the whole day yesterday trying to do it right when moving files over the new console. Right before going to sleep, the folder which ended with "...b1" was the right one of the Nintendo 3DS folder I needed to move over the others, because otherwise the menu would look broken and no games downloaded would play. Going into the eShop with that issue just made things worse as the repair tool for those broken icons would just freeze the system and kick me out of the eShop with a nasty error code barrier.

Ergo, I fixed everything... Unfortunately, the only casualty I had was my Pokemon Shuffle data getting corrupted. I fell down from stage 105 all the way to stage 26. :l

Maybe the data was somewhere else? Oh well. Time to catch my hard-to-catch Riolu and Lucario again...
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 26th February 2015 at 9:34 PM.

Page 539 of 539 FirstFirst ... 439489529535536537538539