Page 54 of 519 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 12955

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Best kept secret: Go to Kmart on launch day. NO ONE ever thinks to go to Kmart. Everyone usually heads to GameStop, Target, Best Buy and Walmart. That's how I got my Wii; by going to Kmart. Granted, they'll usually have very limited quantities (with the Wii, they only had four sent from Nintendo), but you should be able to snag a 3DS if you go around opening time and make a beeline for the electronics section.
    I actually work at a Kmart and I think I could even get a 3DS if I get in there early enough. Its just I'm still considering wheater or not I should get the 3DS once it comes out or will they make a better model with more features a year later.

Unlike the DS > DS Lite > DSi, what is it you feel they could add to the 3DS that isn't already on there? And it's already surprisingly close to the DS Lite in size, so they can't really make it any smaller.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Make the bottom screen biggerm though that would cause resolution problems.....

Okay, some sort of DSi XL-style "bigger screens so old people can read the text, even though it'll mess with the graphics a bit" remodel that purposely makes the system the size of a small book, is there really anything offhand that they could add to the system from its known current state?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Make the bottom screen biggerm though that would cause resolution problems.....
    And why do you want the bottom screen to be bigger, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    so they can't really make it any smaller.
    Oh, you know they'll find a way. They've done it with every handheld so far.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It's a little odd to see the touchscreen being a different resolution than the 3D screen, but you get over it quickly. Honestly, there's really nothing that could be added. Battery life may be a demand, but I believe we may have hit a limit on how far batteries can last for now. We'll eventually find something better along the way, but for now, the 3DS seems to have everything it needs.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It's a little odd to see the touchscreen being a different resolution than the 3D screen, but you get over it quickly. Honestly, there's really nothing that could be added. Battery life may be a demand, but I believe we may have hit a limit on how far batteries can last for now. We'll eventually find something better along the way, but for now, the 3DS seems to have everything it needs.
    You've played on it?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    You've played on it?
    You don't need to play it to find out it's specs, seeing as they're all over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Unlike the DS > DS Lite > DSi, what is it you feel they could add to the 3DS that isn't already on there? And it's already surprisingly close to the DS Lite in size, so they can't really make it any smaller.
    Red lighted googles that weigh about 20 lbs.? Or did you mean to make it better?

Does anyone know where I can a definite list of launch titles/when games are coming out, since everyone seems to be able to say which games won't be launch games, but not which ones will be.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Oh, you know they'll find a way. They've done it with every handheld so far.
    It beats the purpose actually, If you make it any smaller, I doubt one can get a nice "grip" and then there will also be people moaning about screens getting smaller.

So 3DS is pretty much a wholesome system, probably we'll see a revision in say 4 years.

EDIT : @woot21, try IGN or Nintendo3dsblog, although the launch titles haven't been officially announced yet for US.
    Last edited by Bhatman; 25th January 2011 at 5:28 PM.

"I'd rather be critiqued by people of high standards,
    than be praised by people of low standards." ~ Mozart

Credits to the amazing Skiyomi for the banner.

im going to preorder it

Quote Originally Posted by super piplup View Post
    im going to preorder it
    Thank you for that insightful comment. If you haven't done that yet you might not get it at launch, FYI. So do NOT trade in your DS/DSi unless you are confirmed to be getting one.

@Vshan: Thanks for the list.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vshan View Post
    It beats the purpose actually, If you make it any smaller, I doubt one can get a nice "grip" and then there will also be people moaning about screens getting smaller.
    The screens don't have to be smaller. The fact is Nintendo's revised every handheld they've released. They're definitely going to do it again.

So 3DS is pretty much a wholesome system, probably we'll see a revision in say 4 years.
    I'm not sure wholesome is the right word to use, and I highly doubt it will take four years for a revision.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The screens don't have to be smaller. The fact is Nintendo's revised every handheld they've released. They're definitely going to do it again.

I'm not sure wholesome is the right word to use, and I highly doubt it will take four years for a revision.
    There isn't much they can do with the 3DS in my mind currently, outside of battery life. Though this is with limited knowledge of the system, meaning once it comes out my opinion could be changed by new facts. Or they might add 3D to the bottom screen in about a year.

So when do we get a SSB 3D?

woot21 out dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    There isn't much they can do with the 3DS in my mind currently, outside of battery life. Though this is with limited knowledge of the system, meaning once it comes out my opinion could be changed by new facts. Or they might add 3D to the bottom screen in about a year.
    Well that's the thing, we're not the designers of the system. We can't really figure out how it could be changed for the better. But as with all electronics, it can be.

Anyone looking forward to the StreetPass mode?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

To be honest, I can't see it being used very much, at least for me. I doubt many people around my city will even own a 3DS.

I believe it also comes with a Gyroscope, A video camera and a Charge Cradle instead of an actual plug in.

It looks a little big for my taste, but I'll probably get a Cosmo Black since it doesn't gay like the blue one who's name I fail to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweep Freak View Post
    I believe it also comes with a Gyroscope, A video camera and a Charge Cradle instead of an actual plug in.
    Actually, the 3DS comes with both a Charge Cradle and a plug-in charger.

Well, it's official now. Ocarina of Time is to come out sometime after E3.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/...at-3ds-launch/

Not a big surprise there.
    Last edited by tharjaandme; 26th January 2011 at 10:10 PM.
    Don't forget +C!

3DS FC: 0275-8557-9016

Add me for the friend safari, Bravely Default, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fresh-snow alberto View Post
    Well, it's official now. Ocarina of Time is to come out sometime after E3.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/...at-3ds-launch/

Not a big surprise there.
    Maybe that is so Skyward Sword will come out earlier. I don't know. Even though I wont be getting Ocarina of Time 3DS, the graphics do look cool. Sometime after E3 2011 probably means in the second half of this year and not the second half of this year to sometime after.

I wont be getting Ocarina of Time 3DS because I hardly play the Virtual Console Version, so I wont waste $40 (?) on a game I more than likely wont play.

Quote Originally Posted by Masteri Mori View Post
    Actually, the 3DS comes with both a Charge Cradle and a plug-in charger.
    I'm assuming we would only need to use one? If so, that would be cool. I have seen the Charge Cradle and it would make my life easier so that no one could trip over the wire of the charger.

Unlike some people, I doubt I'll have to worry about the 3DS Games I want coming out after when I plan on getting them. I plan on getting Nintendogs + Cats, Animal Crossing 3DS, Paper Mario 3DS & Mario Kart 3DS for Hanukkah 2012 (I only have $8 right now). All of the four games I mentioned should be out this year, but definitely before December 2012 from the look of things.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I'm assuming we would only need to use one? If so, that would be cool. I have seen the Charge Cradle and it would make my life easier so that no one could trip over the wire of the charger.
    I assume that either the charge cradle has its own wire, or you can connect the charger to the cradle. Either way it'll save rummaging around for the charger slot in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    To be honest, I can't see it being used very much, at least for me. I doubt many people around my city will even own a 3DS.
    Things like streetpass or tagmode work amazing in places like Japan, because of the sheer amount of people with the system/game etc

Not so much anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Things like streetpass or tagmode work amazing in places like Japan, because of the sheer amount of people with the system/game etc

Not so much anywhere else.
    Probably bigger cities like New York, Washington D.C, LA, SF, Chicago.
    Douglas Adams

Page 54 of 519 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast