Results 13,576 to 13,600 of 13633

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    They're so milking the thing now.
    I have been begging for a sequel to Picross 3D for yearrrrsssss

3DS a puzzle powerhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The Project Mirai demo is up. It's actually pretty good

Also the Youtube looks to be more about breaking the region lock than anything

They really need to do away with that.
    I am bad because they have used different colours for the buttons so I keep pressing the wrong buttons.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I am bad because they have used different colours for the buttons so I keep pressing the wrong buttons.
    Same here. Also after playing so much Sony stuff for the last year, I keep mixing up my A's and B's too. I don't even think I have the skill to try tap mode yet. Just gotta get used to it I guess

Can't wait for that game to fail

Yeah...not happening.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Time to start mourning. Maybe now it's time to move onto a real hardcore game.

But actually I love that this is a real mindset that people have had for the past few months.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon // Platinum Nuzlocke

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Yeah...not happening.
    I really don't expect YW to be delayed, with the release date set for three months from now

November 6th is pretty much locked in at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Time to start mourning. Maybe now it's time to move onto a real hardcore game.
    turn-based JRPGs have nothing on just playing a bunch of mini-games constantly
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 20th August 2015 at 6:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I really don't expect YW to be delayed, with the release date set for three months from now

I know nothing about the game's release date being delayed, I meant it isn't killing Pokemon.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

I meant it isn't killing Pokemon.
    well, no, it's not currently killing Pokemon

give it three months, and November 6th will be a date that lives on in infamy

Pokemon is an established series with a loyal fan base, not to mention it's one of the best selling and most popular game franchises of all time. An obscure game isn't going to topple it.

Check it out!

Yeah, on the same day all the little kiddies are picking up the latest Call of Duty

Good going Nintendo

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Yeah, on the same day all the little kiddies are picking up the latest Call of Duty

Good going Nintendo
    And few days later...Fallout 4 (not kiddies, but the majority).

I'm waiting for the reviews to see about it. And more dub gameplays.
    Last edited by Savvao; 20th August 2015 at 8:46 AM.

Pokemon is an established series with a loyal fan base, not to mention it's one of the best selling and most popular game franchises of all time. An obscure game isn't going to topple it.
    And yet, Japan.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Yokai Watch is arguably stronger than Pokemon in Japan all because it's a series based on Japanese mythology (with creepy cute ghosts) anyone can understand and get into. The recent spin-off (at least one) easily outmatched one ORAS version in sales in record time.

Because America is Yokai-illiterate, I don't think it will be huge.

Yeah no, aside from the weeaboos and Asians familiar with it, whose going to buy it? Does it have a tv show?

Honestly, #byeFelicia to this series stateside.

Besides being extremely based on japanese mythology, it's humour is also extremely different from what we considerate funny in the western. It's gameplay is also quite different from what western children like.

It's kinda obvious that Yokai Watch wasn't made for ppl outside of Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Yeah no, aside from the weeaboos and Asians familiar with it, whose going to buy it? Does it have a tv show?

Honestly, #byeFelicia to this series stateside.
    It actually does XD

Been watching it

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Yokai Watch is arguably stronger than Pokemon in Japan all because it's a series based on Japanese mythology (with creepy cute ghosts) anyone can understand and get into. The recent spin-off (at least one) easily outmatched one ORAS version in sales in record time.

Because America is Yokai-illiterate, I don't think it will be huge.
    And Pokemon is based on bug catching. They're both really easy to understand and get into, the only real difference is the original idea. Do I think Yokai Watch is immediately going to supplant Pokemon worldwide? Absolutely not, but everyone is writing it off as just some other thing from Japan, but that's exactly what Pokemon was.

And Pokemon is based on bug catching. They're both really easy to understand and get into, the only real difference is the original idea. Do I think Yokai Watch is immediately going to supplant Pokemon worldwide? Absolutely not, but everyone is writing it off as just some other thing from Japan, but that's exactly what Pokemon was.
    To be fair, the latest anime/toy/robot fad seem to die off fast over here. b daman, Monsuno, monster rancher, beyblade, Bakugan and so on. Only Yugioh and Digimon still have somewhat of a presense.

I'd love to see Yokai do good and knock pokemon down a pegged since Gamefreak keeps taking out good features and gimping the game every release in other areas. Competition is good. But if they don't start airing the anime dub soon, I don't think kids are going to care much.

In all seriousness, I think too much weight is being given to Pokemon's current inertia as a series, and I do believe people are underestimating the marketing push that Yo-kai Watch is receiving; between the anime, the manga, the merchandising, the card game, the arcades, and the spin-offs (which move beyond just the 3DS), Level-5 seems intent on ensuring that it doesn't flame out like their other series.

Yes, Yo-kai Watch is unabashedly Japanese, and the whole point of localization is to make it accessible to Western audiences; the game that Mike and Sam play will not be the same game that Hiroto and Yuina are playing. Sure, they won't get the monsters' origins, but is that actually necessary? It's not like Mikey or Sammy needs to know that Jibanyan is a jibakurei in order to enjoy the cute flaming kitty; hell, most Nintendo games have elements inspired by Shinto, and you Nintendrone weeaboos eat that up without a care in the world.

Pokemon's been dwindling for a while now; it peaked with Gen I, and each generation its audience has been gradually dwindling, with the numbers suggesting that it's simply retaining its older fanbase as opposed to creating younger fans (someone somewhere compared it to The Simpsons as a cultural backdrop, which I'm inclined to agree with). It's very much of a product of the '90s (I mean, really, it's Mother/Dragon Quest/Megami Tensei), to the point where it shouldn't be a point of contention that a competitor is more than capable of muscling in on its turf and usurping it with a fresh generation of audiences.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Gen VI has kept lowering the difficulty bar as Yo-kai Watch moved in with it simplistic brand of combat, while ORAS introduced a DexNav feature reminiscent of Yo-kai Watch's method of seeking out allies; jumping the shark with Mega Evolution looks to be a desperate attempt to keep the series from going stale on Game Freak's part, even as they continually recycle old games as so-called new releases. Yeah, Yo-kai Watch is primed to take on Pokemon, but look on the bright side: in 20 years or so, it too will be probably fall on the wayside.

Well, I'm not exactly saying a series is shutting off the other.

It'd be neat if they could just co-exist and encourage each other to improve

I'm excited to try yokai watch and super interested to see if it catches on to any significant degree here

I'd like to like Yokai Watch but its battle system is even simpler and easier than Pokemon. I mean, because of that Pokemon is barley holding my attention.

I'd be nice if Gamefreak made a legit console Pokemon game but that's not going to happen

Page 544 of 546 FirstFirst ... 444494534540541542543544545546 LastLast