Page 548 of 559 FirstFirst ... 448498538544545546547548549550551552558 ... LastLast
Results 13,676 to 13,700 of 13963

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    So how does this "game" work?
    It's a crane game where you get badges to customize your 3DS Home Menu.

But like Pokemon Shuffle, you're allowed a number of limited tries each day to earn badges, unless you're desperate and use real life money to buy more tries.

~ When the sweet model student tells you to shut up. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Shantae: Risky's Revenge DC (Wii U)

Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

But like Pokemon Shuffle, you're allowed a number of limited tries each day to earn badges, unless you're desperate and use real life money to buy more tries.
    Its really not like Pokemon Shuffle. The money thing ($1 = 5 plays, you can eventually buy 10 & 15 plays at once if you choose) is up front about being the real way to do things.
    Every day you have a practice machine that you can use to possibly earn plays (I got 3 free plays), but other than special promotion periods that give additional plays you're not given 5 more every day I don't think.

The first time you play the game, you're given 5 free plays on the SMB1 Mario machine with Brick Block (x2), Goomba, a coin, small mario, and a super mushroom as possible catches.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

Okay, so you can play it for free. I was under the assumption it was free software, but you had to pay to get badges from it.

What kind of customization are we talking about?

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Okay, so you can play it for free. I was under the assumption it was free software, but you had to pay to get badges from it.

What kind of customization are we talking about?
    You know you could just download the game and try it out, right? It's a small title.

Most of them are merely little cosmetics you can place around the screen. Things like the Mario sprites, for example. You can also append them onto the front of badges.
    There's also sets of themed icons that act like all the system software (camera, daily records, and so on). Like there's a jumping mario w/ camera icon that you can use in place of/in addition to your camera

e: You can also get bonus themes during special promotion periods. Right now, if you buy 2 plays you get a bonus A link between worlds theme.

e2: My mistake! You do get 5 free plays every day. I must have misread the rabbit's explanation
    Last edited by R_N; 11th November 2015 at 3:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    e2: My mistake! You do get 5 free plays every day. I must have misread the rabbit's explanation
    Those free plays are for the Practice Machine, however, so badges obtained there don't do anything.

...Unless, of course, one of them turns out to be a hidden bonus play (x3) for the actual machine with the real badges.

Let's make them go out of business!

You know you could just download the game and try it out, right? It's a small title.
    I didn't realize it was out already. I thought it was coming in a couple of days.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Miiverse is already filling up with "that" particular NBA scene that I think it will immediately become a meme very soon.

The badge arcade is very interesting and so far I like it. Glad to see it has been released outside of Jaoan. I just hope we get the Pokémon badges soon (particularly those containing Flygon, Greninja & Empoleon, who are probably my 3 favorite Pokémon).
    Kalos:
    Hoenn:
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97 | PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Blastoise, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Joel from The Last of Us, Law & Order: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises & Multi-Man Smash theme

So the og pokemon games are coming to eshop. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    So the og pokemon games are coming to eshop. Lol
    I'm surprised Nintendo reverse-engineered the Cable Link thing to still work in those old games.

Capcom reprogrammed the Mega Man Battle Network games from 2 and beyond to include the exclusive chips without linking. (In turn, they gave you some absurdly overpowered endgame chips RIGHT AT THE START).

It's not that it was ever undoable, it's just really surprising that they put in the work to do it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's not that it was ever undoable, it's just really surprising that they put in the work to do it.
    I wonder if they would implicate it further with GSC.

I also wonder if Missingno. will be patched or not.

I'm waiting to hear a price. Then I'll make a decision. I basically want to beat the game since I never did.

Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    I wonder if they would implicate it further with GSC.

I'm waiting to hear a price. Then I'll make a decision. I basically want to beat the game since I never did.
    It was probably too much to bug fix the entire game, so beyond stuff related to the link cable, i doubt they did anything else

the price is probably the same as any other GB game

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    I'm probably not getting the game, but I'll be upset is Missigno is removed regardless.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles
    Play my Mario Maker level! It's a fast-paced and challenging, but it's also short and has generous check points. Just try not to get stomped!
    (6078-0000-00FA-2D90)

I personally wouldn't buy the games if things like the Old Man trick got patched out.

Started playing Mario 3D Land lately, but this game is actually really lacking something.

Also started replaying the Paper Mario franchise for the upcoming Paper Jam release. Sticker Star dissapointed me a bit, so i hope the crossover delivers. I heard good things from the guys that already play this game though.
    Last edited by UltimateNinja; 18th November 2015 at 6:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I personally wouldn't buy the games if things like the Old Man trick got patched out.
    That's sort of my thoughts as well. A lot of the fun of first gen for me is all the glitches, if they're removed then I'd rather just go back to my carts.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I picked up Stella Glow yesterday and its a lot of fun. The SE was pretty cool too, though I wish I had a way to listen to the songs
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I've heard it compared to Final Fantasy Tactics, have you played any of those games?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I've heard it compared to Final Fantasy Tactics, have you played any of those games?
    Nah, I've kinda avoided FF games.

It's kinda close to Fire Emblem, but I'm only doing that comparison because they're both SRPG's. And it has a system similar to Persona's Social Links, but that's no big surprise.
    Last edited by Eternal Darkness; 22nd November 2015 at 7:19 PM.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Replacing those original software icons with the ones from the Arcade game feels completely fresh. I admit I spent 2 paid plays for this game (getting the set with the Mewtwo badge was one of them).

It's a shame that this is the last day for Pokémon badges for now. I really wanted the Flygon, Greninja & Empoleon badges, though they were only added to the Japanese Nintendo Badge Arcade last month, whereas the ones that have been added to the North American Nintendo Badge Arcade were added to the Japanese one back in September.
    Kalos:
    Hoenn:
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97 | PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Blastoise, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Joel from The Last of Us, Law & Order: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises & Multi-Man Smash theme

In a somewhat strange move for Bravely Second's Western release, the Tomahawk Job has apparently been replaced with...the Cowboy job.

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    It's a shame that this is the last day for Pokémon badges for now. I really wanted the Flygon, Greninja & Empoleon badges, though they were only added to the Japanese Nintendo Badge Arcade last month, whereas the ones that have been added to the North American Nintendo Badge Arcade were added to the Japanese one back in September.
    I'm pretty sure it's bound to rotate again. I got my precious Lucario badge, so anything else is just a bonus.

Considering how nice the swap is I kind of wonder if they had considered the job to be a Cowboy in the firstplace

Considering how nice the swap is I kind of wonder if they had considered the job to be a Cowboy in the firstplace
    It's mostly because the Western release doesn't want to give bad implications to Native Americans.

So we're giving bad implications to cowboys, who used to take the land from Native Americans...

Page 548 of 559 FirstFirst ... 448498538544545546547548549550551552558 ... LastLast