Page 550 of 557 FirstFirst ... 450500540546547548549550551552553554 ... LastLast
Results 13,726 to 13,750 of 13917

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kalosian View Post
    2015 playtimes? Let's go.

For my first 3DS:

Steps: 0 (I never bring it with my anywhere)
    Played titles: 12
    Total playtime: 345:56 (5 hours more than last year)

Top games:

1. Pokemon Omega Ruby: 110:30
    2. Bravely Default: 96:22
    3. Fire Emblem: Awakening: 89:31
    4. Pokemon X: 46:25

The rest are unimportant things like non-games and games with considerably lower playtimes so I'm not including them.

For my second 3DS:

Steps: 0 (see above)
    Played titles: 13
    Total playtime: 202:46 (86 hours less than last year which isn't surprising as I know I have been playing this one a lot less)

Top games:

1. Pokemon Y: 88:15
    2. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS: 76:03
    3. Bravely Default: 26:04
    4. Super Mario 3D Land: 9:06

Again, the rest are non-games and titles I have played a lot less.

I got three new 3DS games this year though that didn't affect my overall playtimes, but gave a little more variety at least. Will probably get a few more games this year, going to get Alpha Sapphire sometime relatively soon, then probably also the new Fire Emblem at some point too once it has been released.
    How do you not have steps. Simply moving the thing in the last year should of generated a few

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    How do you not have steps. Simply moving the thing in the last year should of generated a few
    He quite clearly does not do what the handheld is about.

Portability.

Not even trips to the kitchen are a sure thing.

~ I heard he delivers some good coup de gravy. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Bayonetta (Wii U)

Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

Shouldn't be too late for this:

Steps: 230,115
    Surprised by this, since my total steps keep rising year on year.
    Played titles: 10
    Total Playtime: 203:50

1. Super Smash Bros. 108:47
    2. Bravely Default 69:16
    3. Pokemon Omega Ruby 13:26
    4. LoZ: Link Between Worlds 5:17
    5. Streetpass Mii Plaza 3:12

Lower playtime this, which is to be expected as I didn't actually get a new 3DS game all year. Still I'm glad as I finally finished Bravely Default a full 21 months after I got it. I also thought I would just stop using the 3DS version after Wii U came out and yet this version still makes up about half of my Smash playtime.

As for 2016, well my top 2 most played games on this console, FE: Awakening and Bravely Default are getting sequels and I still play Smash bros a lot and it's very likely we'll get the next 3DS main series Pokémon game this year. If I can find the time, I could easily end up breaking records this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Events for 2015
    Steps: 11,260
    Play Time: 55 Titles / 225:20
    •Pokémon Alpha Sapphire 62:13
    •Persona Q 35:12
    •Pokémon Picross 22:49
    •Nintendo eShop 21:23
    •Dragon Quest VI 18:12
    •Pokémon X 13:26
    •Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon 11:39
    •System Settings 6:25
    •Pokémon Shuffle 3:58
    •Theatrhythm Final Fantasy 3:40

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

Guess I will post my 2015 stats as well

Steps: 995
    Titles:56

1. Pokemon Y: 624:13
    2. Pokemon X: 591:56
    3. Super Smash Bros for 3DS: 477:57
    4. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: 457:42
    5. Pokemon Omega Ruby: 449:11

Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

Man mine broke a couple months back, so I can't tell the stats exactly. I can tell you that they were pretty low numbers though. It is true that I haven't missed much since then, but Z is gonna come around sooner or later... I gotta get that thing fixed!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Recent Shiny:

Current Hunt: Suicune

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I really don't know. I have walked very short distances with them so you are right, yet there are still zero steps.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    He quite clearly does not do what the handheld is about.

Portability.

Not even trips to the kitchen are a sure thing.
    You are partly correct. I prefer playing video games at home, even when it comes to handhelds. I rarely bring them with me anywhere. Your last sentence is funny because I have brought my systems with me to the kitchen and played there a few times too.

Since I got 0 steps two years in a row, I should try and change that this year.
    Last edited by Kalosian; 2nd January 2016 at 9:40 PM.

My battle cry rings with uncertainty
    When monsters block the way we'll take them down
    You will know our names

Events for 2015

Steps: 1,140,053
    Play Time: 27 titles/ 389:48

Top 10 Titles:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 119:34
    Pokémon Alpha Sapphire - 70:29
    Pokémon Y - 61:03
    Pokémon Omega Ruby - 55:27
    Pokémon Shuffle - 20:58
    The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D - 14:11
    Pokémon Rumble World - 12:59
    Pokémon X - 11:44
    Street Pass Mii Plaza - 8:40
    Pokémon Bank - 7:18
    Latest shinies:

Dat Red/Blue n3DS bundle is HOT! I already have a n3DSXL, but damn, I want this too. Sucks they don't tell when pre-orders are going up though. Probably gonna be all sold out when I see it up.

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

Events for 2015
    Steps: 444, 795

Animal Crossing: NL: 142:34
    Smash Bros.: 86:04
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: 85:05
    Streetpass Mii Plaza: 58: 24
    Pokemon Y: 25:19
    Majora's Mask: 25:10
    Mario and Luigi: DT: 15:48
    Pokemon X: 14:02

Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

Looks like I finally have a good reason to upgrade. My og 3DS is on its last legs, and those Red/Blue faceplates look sick. Plus both games on VC included! Do we know the release date? The main site didn't specify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Amiibo, where double the retail price is a sweet deal.
    I have claimed Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Dunban.

So, for people who have multiple 3DS, I can only have my account tethered to one right? So what happens to the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    So, for people who have multiple 3DS, I can only have my account tethered to one right? So what happens to the other?
    Yes, one account to one 3DS.

I use it for my Pokémon games to trade directly with main system. My 2DS has it's own Miiverse account, for various reasons. The Biggest is for a Celebi.

You don't need an account to download updates, to to play physical games.

If you're talking about Transferring from one system to a New system, your Old system will get factory reset at the end of the transfer process and any data is wiped.
    Twitter

MikeSharpeWriter.com

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Question

Hello everyone, I've been thinking about buying my first 3DS so I can get back into Pokemon with Y and Omega Ruby. I'm not sure which model to go for though, so please help me decide if you can.

I've been looking at the New 3DS and New 3DS XL mostly, but a few comments I've read elsewhere on the internet have brought up some concerns.

1.) To start, scratches. Apparently the top screen can get scratched quite easily when the bottom screen is pushed against it, even if only a small amount of pressure is applied. When it's in a front trouser pocket and you're walking along, for example.

Are scratches with the New 3DS/New 3DS XL as bad as people say? Is one more prone to scratches than the other? I don't mind a few tiny unnoticeable ones since I'm not going to be reselling it but it would be nice, of course, to have none for many years.

2.) Portability, weight and size.

I'll be using it inside most of the time, but it would be nice to have the freedom to carry it into my back garden to use it or even use it in my dad's car and then keep it in one of my trouser pockets whilst walking along. Maybe take it out again if we sit down for a rest/picnic.

What are they like to hold? A bit on the heavy side, uncomfortable or the perfect weight? How often do you get hand cramps when grasping your New 3DS or New 3DS XL? (if you do, please specify which model).

I'm male (pockets are a decent size) but the New 3DS XL model is noticeably larger than the New 3DS. Has anybody personally been unable to fit their New 3DS XL into a front trouser pocket comfortably or is this not something I should be worried about?

Thank you all for reading. Your input will be highly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pokéfos View Post
    Hello everyone, I've been thinking about buying my first 3DS so I can get back into Pokemon with Y and Omega Ruby. I'm not sure which model to go for though, so please help me decide if you can.

I've been looking at the New 3DS and New 3DS XL mostly, but a few comments I've read elsewhere on the internet have brought up some concerns.

1.) To start, scratches. Apparently the top screen can get scratched quite easily when the bottom screen is pushed against it, even if only a small amount of pressure is applied. When it's in a front trouser pocket and you're walking along, for example.

Are scratches with the New 3DS/New 3DS XL as bad as people say? Is one more prone to scratches than the other? I don't mind a few tiny unnoticeable ones since I'm not going to be reselling it but it would be nice, of course, to have none for many years.

2.) Portability, weight and size.

I'll be using it inside most of the time, but it would be nice to have the freedom to carry it into my back garden to use it or even use it in my dad's car and then keep it in one of my trouser pockets whilst walking along. Maybe take it out again if we sit down for a rest/picnic.

What are they like to hold? A bit on the heavy side, uncomfortable or the perfect weight? How often do you get hand cramps when grasping your New 3DS or New 3DS XL? (if you do, please specify which model).

I'm male (pockets are a decent size) but the New 3DS XL model is noticeably larger than the New 3DS. Has anybody personally been unable to fit their New 3DS XL into a front trouser pocket comfortably or is this not something I should be worried about?

Thank you all for reading. Your input will be highly appreciated!
    1) The scratch thing mostly happens with the regular 3DS models, not the New 3DS models. If scratches are a worry, you can always buy screen shields, though the best ones are sold through amazon.

2) The New 3DS XL can fit in the pockets if they are big enough. They fit well, but they are a bit larger than a smartphone. A bit on the heavy side, but very slightly.

I don't know about cramps since the N3DSXL is designed for people with big hands, especially adults. But if you have big hands and buy the regular size N3DS, well...

1) Nope. I walked with my n3DSXL a few times, and that never happened. I'm even putting pressure now, and not a single scratch.

2) Portability: Fine. Big phones are the hottest things now, so if you yourself own one like an iPhone 6, it will probably feel normal in your pants pocket. (I don't own one though, so I have no basis for this). Weight: You can definitely feel the weight, but it's nothing too heavy. I just compared it to my Vitas (1K and 2K), and the n3DSXL feels like it's a wee bit heavier than both combined. Still, it's not too heavy. Size: read portability.

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

The regular sized n3DS is perfect for me, someone with big hands
    the XLs are just...so big. normal sized, though, so nice and unlike the regular 3ds it has much better ergonomics due to the smoother corners. I haven't experienced hand cramps. Fits perfectly in my pockets, about the size of most phones, i imagine.

I haven't encountered any noticable scratches on the top screen, but I'm always careful closing the thing. Like chris says, though, if you're worried there's always screen protectors (for both models).

Something else you should consider is that currently the only (NA) editions available for the regular n3DS are the Happy Home Designer bundle & the upcoming Red/Blue bundle. If you're not happy with either of those selection of faceplates (or don't care for white 3dses) you'll need to buy a few off the online store or import off amazon. Prices aren't too bad, depending on the plates; plain colored plates are pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Yes, one account to one 3DS.

I use it for my Pokémon games to trade directly with main system. My 2DS has it's own Miiverse account, for various reasons. The Biggest is for a Celebi.

You don't need an account to download updates, to to play physical games.

If you're talking about Transferring from one system to a New system, your Old system will get factory reset at the end of the transfer process and any data is wiped.
    Thank you!

I would use it for the same purpose but I was worried about the transfer of my Pokémon Bank Pokémon and my digital game saves (Animal Crossing and etc). I know the latter is by memory card but the former is online only if I recall correctly.

Late, but here were my 3DS stats from 2015.

Events for 2015
    Steps: 49, 780
    Play Time: 36 Titles / 392:05
    • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS 179:13
    • Kid Icarus: Uprising 55:13
    • Fire Emblem Awakening 28:43
    • Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones 25:52
    • Pokémon Black Version 2 25:39
    • Pokémon Shuffle 22:03
    • Pokémon Alpha Sapphire 13:55
    • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Demo) 9:22
    • Nintendo eShop 7:48
    • Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon 5:09

Bravely Second: End Layer is coming to NA this April 15. But once more with RPGs, it comes to Europe much earlier this February.

On top of NA news, a special FE: Fates N3DSXL is coming out on Feb. 19 for $199.99 + taxes.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 20th January 2016 at 12:06 AM.

Now, which do I choose, the Pokémon regular new 3ds, or the fates xl...
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Either choose February...

...or this month.

Either choose February...

...or this month.
    But they both come out in February...

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    But they both come out in February...
    CHOOSE YOUR FATE, Recon.

CHOOSE YOUR FATE, Recon.
    I...CHOOSE TO JOIN SMASH!

Recon Scouts the Competition!

But seriously, I'm actually having a really hard time deciding. I have fairly large hands so the XL is definitely a plus, but I like faceplates and the ability to change them at will, not to mention I can just import the superior FE faceplate and have a FE & Pokemon New 3DS
    Last edited by Recon; 20th January 2016 at 5:14 AM.

Page 550 of 557 FirstFirst ... 450500540546547548549550551552553554 ... LastLast