Page 545 of 545 FirstFirst ... 445495535541542543544545
Results 13,601 to 13,616 of 13616

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    And Pokemon is based on bug catching. They're both really easy to understand and get into, the only real difference is the original idea. Do I think Yokai Watch is immediately going to supplant Pokemon worldwide? Absolutely not, but everyone is writing it off as just some other thing from Japan, but that's exactly what Pokemon was.
    The thing about Pokémon is that it has elements from several cultures, not just japanese. They have western dragons, but they also have eastern dragons. They have a pokemon based off a european witch, but they also have a pokemon based off a futakuchi-onna.
    Yeah sure they can try to make that culture easier to understand through the game, but it's obvious that people will be more interested in something they grew up with. For example there is a really famous book here in Brazil named Sitio do pica-pau amarelo and it has several creatures from brazilian culture like Saci Perere, Mula sem cabeça e Cuca. Do you think people would rather read that book translated or a Harry potter book that has creatures that everyone knows like witches and fairies?
    This game will certainly be popular, but if this game is supposed to have the same appeal as Pokémon once had outside Japan then it would have to be popular with kids from all types and cultures. (P.s: i am not saying you said that yokai watch will have the same appeal, i'm talking to the ppl who said it would kill pokemon)
    Last edited by Xuxuba; 21st August 2015 at 3:52 AM.

Okay I got to put my two cents here. First of all, the beginning of the trailer shows the kid using...a vending machine. WTF! Also, they talk normal English. And everything the Yokai do is based off a watch. Yeah, this is so lame. Also, wait...the lens thing to "catch" Yokai...is that based off the watch too? Yeah probably. But remember, we've dealt with other games/animes like this too. Remember Yu-gi-oh? Bakugan? Bayblade? Monster Rancher? Even Digimon to a small extent? Pokémon is still strong, and it will remain strong no matter what game/anime it's put up against. Not to mention Pokémon is officially Nintendo licensed, so it's a classic now nearing...20 years? Yup, no need to grieve here.
    I will restart Pokemon Alpha Sapphire soon. Power to the Treeckos.

I will also restart Pokémon Blue very soon.

Planned Blue Team:
    Venusaur
    Vaporeon
    Rapidash
    Raichu
    Sandslash
    Butterfree

detailed release schedules for NA and EU are now available

everything coming this year other than Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival and its amiibo now has a release date

Pretty barren as far as things I want are concerned.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So after Maker Wii doesn't get a good game until November and 3DS line up is eww. Can't believe they left out Senran Kagura 2, the best thing coming out for it until Mystery dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    So after Maker Wii doesn't get a good game until November and 3DS line up is eww. Can't believe they left out Senran Kagura 2, the best thing coming out for it until Mystery dungeon
    Sorry but Senran Kagura really isn't considered a high profile release.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Neither is Chibi Robo which sells less and is even more low profile

Neither is Chibi Robo which sells less and is even more low profile
    That's a first party title, though.

I highly doubt that Nintendo would endorse Senran Kagura 2 of all things given the initial first impressions that game can give.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I have to imagine Chibirobo is a big pet project by someone at nintendo because the continued existence of it & skip ltd are, while appreciated and i love them, somewhat baffling
    and chibi is getting an amiibo!

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I have to imagine Chibirobo is a big pet project by someone at nintendo
    I vaguely recall seeing someone somewhere confirm this

Oh hey wait, I just noticed that Europe is getting Girls Mode 3 ("New Style Boutqiue 2" for them)

Neat, I'm guessing that will be an early 2016 title for the americas.
    Come onnnn Rhythm Heaven, you're up next

But Fatal Frame is on there, and that's not.

Srs, Nintendo should be promoting this. All Senran games are pushing 150k+ sales. The stigma just makes the game sell more. That's what happened with Burst in the US when sites started hating on it.

But Fatal Frame is on there, and that's not.

Srs, Nintendo should be promoting this. All Senran games are pushing 150k+ sales. The stigma just makes the game sell more. That's what happened with Burst in the US when sites started hating on it.
    Nintendo co-owns the rights to Fatal Frame.

Forget it, Jb. Your titty game will never be recognized by Nintendo. Best to accept it now.

Nintendo co-owns the rights to Fatal Frame.

Forget it, Jb. Your titty game will never be recognized by Nintendo. Best to accept it now.
    Wait really? I remember playing a title on PS2 or something.

I'll NEVER GIVE UP! I will make it my second mission in life to make Nintendo see the light.

also nintendo's site says sk fans might also like paddington bear so idk what to make of that

Wait really? I remember playing a title on PS2 or something.

I'll NEVER GIVE UP! I will make it my second mission in life to make Nintendo see the light.

also nintendo's site says sk fans might also like paddington bear so idk what to make of that
    They're both games that target a specific audience.

Paddingotn Bear panders to those that saw and liked the movie

SK panders to jiggle physics loving weebs
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Page 545 of 545 FirstFirst ... 445495535541542543544545