Page 552 of 559 FirstFirst ... 452502542548549550551552553554555556 ... LastLast
Results 13,776 to 13,800 of 13963

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

So can someone actually explain to me what is happening?

I have read that the following have been modified/removed from the English version:
    -drugging someone against their will
    -an attempt to make someone not be gay (even if so they could focus)

Tell me again why those should not be excised when we still have A) people who think it's ok to drug other people's drinks and B) homophobic people who do want to "convert" gays into heterosexuals (and nerd culture isn't that queer friendly either) C) closeted people who are uncomfortable with their sexuality and feel like they have to be straight because of their upbringing/they feel like a freak D) the thought that Gay people can't control their sexual urges

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    So can someone actually explain to me what is happening?

I have read that the following have been modified/removed from the English version:
    -drugging someone against their will
    -an attempt to make someone not be gay (even if so they could focus)

Tell me again why those should not be excised when we still have A) people who think it's ok to drug other people's drinks and B) homophobic people who do want to "convert" gays into heterosexuals (and nerd culture isn't that queer friendly either) C) closeted people who are uncomfortable with their sexuality and feel like they have to be straight because of their upbringing/they feel like a freak D) the thought that Gay people can't control their sexual urges
    I think only the second point is really up for debate. There's been a lot of contention as to what's going on there. Apparently the character just gets weak in the head whenever there's a pretty girl and can't focus on the battlefield. Corrin slips a drug into the character's drink to make all guys look like women. Sorta works but not really and the girl thanks Corrin.

It's possible to see how it can be construed as conversion, though I feel it's a slight stretch. However the drugging part is probably the one thing that isn't up for debate and is still a huge problem
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    As if on cue.
    That's not the point.

FE is a series that has murder, incest, assassinations and corrupt political actions all in game.

But spiking a drink and some harmless yuri fanservice is apparently going too far?

I actuatlly would prefer if these game just got the appropriate M rating and leave everything alone
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Oh... Oh! Are you saying this is what Nintendo meant by improving your "Quality of Life"?
    heh
    Last edited by Jb; 22nd January 2016 at 5:46 PM.

Oh no, Nintendo is changing things in localization that can be considered insensitive. This was never a thing in the past.

Or should I complain that they replaced the seals with topi in Ice Climber? What if I wanted to hit a seal instead of an imaginary creature? It's not like I'm really seal clubbing.

Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    Oh no, Nintendo is changing things in localization that can be considered insensitive. This was never a thing in the past.

Or should I complain that they replaced the seals with topi in Ice Climber? What if I wanted to hit a seal instead of an imaginary creature? It's not like I'm really seal clubbing.
    Which is why my first comment on the subject was more directed at Nintendo than the subject of content.

Also yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Which is why my first comment on the subject was more directed at Nintendo than the subject of content.

Also yes.
    I can't really take your word for it because...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb
    But spiking a drink and some harmless yuri fanservice is apparently going too far?
    I have never really seen you talk about censorship that has to do with anything other than sexual content.

Hey, why did they remove the cigarettes from the crows in Earthbound beginnings? What if I wanted to have my crows look gansta and die from...
    Pftt.. I can't keep a straight face from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    I can't really take your word for it because...

I have never really seen you talk about censorship that has to do with anything other than sexual content.

Hey, why did they remove the cigarettes from the crows in Earthbound beginnings? What if I wanted to have my crows look gansta and die from...
    Pftt.. I can't keep a straight face from this.
    That's because that's the type of content that is mainly removed. What was the previous big Nintendo censorship debate? The Bust slider in Xenoblade. Before that? The Tharja trophy in Smash. Before that? Tharja bikini in Awakening

Kinda hard not to talk about it when it's the only thing really being changed in recent games.

I posted something not too long ago as a response, but I don't want to insinuate an argument here when this is merely a 3ds discussion thread. Take it too my PM/VM if you really want to debate this further.

I would like to mention that the character cards activated by amiibo in Paper Jam have a really obscure reference apparently. They have official artwork from Luigi and Peach from the GCN version of SSX on Tour. http://www.mariowiki.com/Battle_Card

When I went by Gamestop earlier today to cash in some games, I found out that one could pre-order and pick up Fates Ed. N3ds in-store. This is really my first time buying a system through the store, so it was nice to not have to worry about a second S/H charge. My hands and eyes are excited to have an upgrade.
    Since that's over the horizon I wanted to ask; has anyone downloaded and enjoyed playing Binding of Isaac: Rebirth here? It looks interesting, and I've had my eye on it a while.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    When I went by Gamestop earlier today to cash in some games, I found out that one could pre-order and pick up Fates Ed. N3ds in-store. This is really my first time buying a system through the store, so it was nice to not have to worry about a second S/H charge. My hands and eyes are excited to have an upgrade.
    Since that's over the horizon I wanted to ask; has anyone downloaded and enjoyed playing Binding of Isaac: Rebirth here? It looks interesting, and I've had my eye on it a while.
    I'm told it's not a good port by a friend who plays a lot of BoI.

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    I'm told it's not a good port by a friend who plays a lot of BoI.
    Was it graphics? Mechanics? Control configuration? I was honestly curious as to how it ended up N3ds exclusive, especially given the graphics.

Art belongs to me

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Was it graphics? Mechanics? Control configuration? I was honestly curious as to how it ended up N3ds exclusive, especially given the graphics.
    I think there's more to it than graphics, but my understanding is that the game is extremely glitchy, even post-patches.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I think there's more to it than graphics, but my understanding is that the game is extremely glitchy, even post-patches.
    I think he also mentioned jumpy framerate, or something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    That's...not good at all. As though the RNG in itself isn't enough. :I

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    I think he also mentioned jumpy framerate, or something about it.
    I can see many things going wrong just on that front. I wonde why there ended up being so many issues with it up to this point?
    Admittedly, I'd possibly still try the game, but I'll wait until it's on sale or something much later on.

Thank you both for the input!

Art belongs to me

Should Rayman 3D be a remake of Rayman 2: The Great Escape for Nintendo 3DS?

Quote Originally Posted by MiloticTwins View Post
    Should Rayman 3D be a remake of Rayman 2: The Great Escape for Nintendo 3DS?
    Should? Well, it's the first 3D Rayman game, so maybe?

EDIT: The Western version of FE: Fates has had its face-touching mini game entirely removed.

Bye-bye, Face Emblem.

~ When the sweet model student tells you to shut up. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Shantae: Risky's Revenge DC (Wii U)

Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

That's a good thing. Isn't it weird to be petting faces in Fire Emblem? Pokémon-Amie is fine, but Fire Emblem?

Fire Emblem just seems like a weird series with all these things being removed. Americans definitely have a thing about face touching though so...

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Should? Well, it's the first 3D Rayman game, so maybe?

EDIT: The Western version of FE: Fates has had its face-touching mini game entirely removed.

Bye-bye, Face Emblem.
    If it wasn't for "Kotaku has learned..." I'd possibly be more inclined to believe it, especially considering the material hey write. Until there's a confirmed statement from Treehouse/Nintendo/confirmation from actual early review copies, I'd take it with a grain of salt. I find it a little difficult to swallow when there was actual, official statements made for the last situation over something small like dialogue.
    Last edited by Rio!; 27th January 2016 at 6:51 PM.

Art belongs to me

As popular as it is to joke about Kotaku, I don't really think that they're out to deceive people by making up quotes from Nintendo representatives.

Something about that scenario just doesn't strike me as likely.

And now the final part of the Winter Sale is up:

Fantasy Life - $27.99
    Zero Escape VLR - $14.99
    Shantae & The Pirate's Curse - $13.99
    Xeodrifter - $6.99
    Attack of the Friday Monsters! - $5.99
    Castlevania - $3.49
    Metroid - $3.49

Zero Escape looks really tempting...but do I need to play the previous one?

~ When the sweet model student tells you to shut up. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Shantae: Risky's Revenge DC (Wii U)

Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Zero Escape looks really tempting...but do I need to play the previous one?
    I would personally say no, but I know a lot of people would disagree.

Strictly speaking, you don't need to know anything about 999 going into it (and there's some brief recapping of the relevant bits), but some of the characters will be familiar if you've played the first game, and of course, VLR will spoil 999 entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I would personally say no, but I know a lot of people would disagree.

Strictly speaking, you don't need to know anything about 999 going into it (and there's some brief recapping of the relevant bits), but some of the characters will be familiar if you've played the first game, and of course, VLR will spoil 999 entirely.
    It depends. One of the twists pertaining to one of the characters relies entirely on the knowledge that you played 999. Actually two twists, one which is vastly more important, looking back.

Never mind, I say 999 is pretty important to VLR.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    It depends. One of the twists pertaining to one of the characters relies entirely on the knowledge that you played 999. Actually two twists, one which is vastly more important, looking back.

Never mind, I say 999 is pretty important to VLR.
    It's important but also will probably make you mad at VLR

God knows I was
    about both those things and other things and boy howdy if ZE3 doesnt stick that landing so help me

Page 552 of 559 FirstFirst ... 452502542548549550551552553554555556 ... LastLast