Page 553 of 562 FirstFirst ... 453503543549550551552553554555556557 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,825 of 14041

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Since this is kind of like the 3ds general thread, I have a quick question about moving data from one SD card to a larger one that already has 3ds data on it. For the sake of making this make a little more sense, I am using the copy+paste method on my computer.

While it's downloading, there are a couple windows that pop up asking if I want to replace them with certain ones on the bigger SD Card. Do I do click 'yes' or 'no'? Derp. xD
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Since this is kind of like the 3ds general thread, I have a quick question about moving data from one SD card to a larger one that already has 3ds data on it. For the sake of making this make a little more sense, I am using the copy+paste method on my computer.

While it's downloading, there are a couple windows that pop up asking if I want to replace them with certain ones on the bigger SD Card. Do I do click 'yes' or 'no'? Derp. xD
    Your larger SD card should be blank, it shouldn't be asking you to replace anything.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Your larger SD card should be blank, it shouldn't be asking you to replace anything.
    So I'm forever screwed for having two different SD cards since I don't have one that's blank? I mentioned they both have game information on them but the larger one has the space.

Art belongs to me

So I'm forever screwed for having two different SD cards since I don't have one that's blank? They both have games information on them, and the larger one has space.
    Either move the entire data of one to your PC, or get another blank SD card. But you can't never have two different sources in one SD card. Had it been like that along with copying, hooooo boy, it could have destroyed the gaming market.

~ When your act is pretty convincing ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Phantom Brave: We Meet Again

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Either move the entire data of one to your PC, or get another blank SD card. But you can't never have two different sources in one SD card. Had it been like that along with copying, hooooo boy, it could have destroyed the gaming market.
    Okay; so if I copy one to my PC, wipe it and get an even larger card with no data what so ever, then copy both to the larger one? Or is this where the 'two different sources' come into play, regardless of being under the same NNID?
    I could really kick myself three years ago for not paying more attention/not simply getting it straightened out, ugh.

Art belongs to me

Okay; so if I copy one to my PC, wipe it and get an even larger card with no data what so ever, then copy both to the larger one? Or is this where the 'two different sources' come into play, regardless of being under the same NNID?
    I could really kick myself three years ago for not paying more attention/not simply getting it straightened out, ugh.
    Well, yes, you can put all data in one, but...

Whatever the method you use, you cannot have save data that was created in another 3DS, much less game software. It will mess up things if you combine them and you will potentially lose everything when you say "yes" to the window prompt to replace items.

Well, yes, you can put all data in one, but...

Whatever the method you use, you cannot have save data that was created in another 3DS, much less game software. It will mess up things if you combine them and you will potentially lose everything when you say "yes" to the window prompt to replace items.
    Okay, I was understanding up until the 'another 3DS' bit. I'm still using the same 3DS I've created save data on all this time; I'm only trying to move data from a smaller card to a much larger one using the PC as a go-between. Even if I have save data on a smaller one, I simply won't be able to move that save data + DLC to a larger one? I'm really only trying to do this particular action. I do see that you're able to re-download the game itself.
    I do understand that I'll need to do a proper full Data transfer when upgrading the 3ds system itself rather than stuffing it into a brand new system without doing anything first.
    Really though, I really appreciate your help with this potentially over-complicated situation I've created.

Art belongs to me

Okay, I was understanding up until the 'another 3DS' bit. I'm still using the same 3DS I've created save data on all this time; I'm only trying to move data from a smaller card to a much larger one using the PC as a go-between. Even if I have save data on a smaller one, I simply won't be able to move that save data + DLC to a larger one? I'm really only trying to do this particular action. I do see that you're able to re-download the game itself.
    I do understand that I'll need to do a proper full Data transfer when upgrading the 3ds system itself rather than stuffing it into a brand new system without doing anything first.
    Really though, I really appreciate your help with this potentially over-complicated situation I've created.
    Well, in this case, you really have to pick the right data that doesn't already exist in one card, but I don't really know if you can manually do that as data can be compressed into a single file that appears the same in the other data storage.

Well, in this case, you really have to pick the right data that doesn't already exist in one card, but I don't really know if you can manually do that as data can be compressed into a single file that appears the same in the other data storage.
    Hm alright then, thanks for the help! Luckily I'm only after one game's save so I'll need to look into that even more. Fingers crossed nothing goes completely left.

Art belongs to me

If one of the cards doesn't have a lot on it, I think you can just make backups of the saves to your system, transfer the data from the card you've filled to the larger one, put in the new card, redownload the games, and restore the saves?

I would probably call Nintendo about this, because they'd have a better understanding of how their systems work.

Long story short: You can't merge two SD cards you've been using onto one SD card, if that's what you're attempting to do here.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Nintendo really needs a cloud system or something so you can store all your stuff than and redownload to a fresh new SD card

I wish I could order the FE: Fates Special Edition, but no. The stock was so pathetically low it sold out in the first ten minutes it went live everywhere.

Hey there fellas,

Important question: Let's say you have an old 3ds, and a game card of one of your games (e.x. Alpha Sapphire). You decide to buy a New 3ds. Now, if you decide to play your game on that system, would you still have your saves or will you have to begin a new game?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Hey there fellas,

Important question: Let's say you have an old 3ds, and a game card of one of your games (e.x. Alpha Sapphire). You decide to buy a New 3ds. Now, if you decide to play your game on that system, would you still have your saves or will you have to begin a new game?
    You can just do a system transfer and it will send all your data saved onto the old system to the N3DS.
    One of the writers for the PotW, and apparently the keeper of sanity and order.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Hey there fellas,

Your save data is 99% on the game card, not the system. You could play that game card on any other system and the save data would be largely unaffected, though your friend code and any time-based events would be, and the new system would potentially require you to download any patch updates that have been released since.

That other 1% of the data comes over with a system transfer.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    You can just do a system transfer and it will send all your data saved onto the old system to the N3DS.
    So, you really need to do data transfer? Man, that's dissapointing. I don't want the system for upgrading, rather to trade between my 3ds Pokemon games... and of course playing HW Legends without framerate drops.

Is it possible to transfer only specific data, or you have to do it all?

So, you really need to do data transfer? Man, that's dissapointing. I don't want the system for upgrading, rather to trade between my 3ds Pokemon games... and of course playing HW Legends without framerate drops.

Is it possible to transfer only specific data, or you have to do it all?
    You don't need to do a system transfer for physical carts. There is 0 important save data (only patches & streetpass) saved to the SD card (or system itself).

The system transfer is not pick and choose. It's all or nothing.

This isn't an issue at all, however, nor is it "disappointing". Do a system transfer and make your N3DS your primary system. Your former and now second system will still play a Pokémon game and serve just fine as a trading 3DS, or trade it in somewhere and just pay the $5 for Bank. Remember that the vast, vast majority of your Pokémon game's save data is on the game card, not the system.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I can't even rememeber if Pokemon even saves anything to your sd card besides the download of the digital version

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I can't even rememeber if Pokemon even saves anything to your sd card besides the download of the digital version
    It's where it keeps streetpass data and even then I think it just stores it until you check it. Once you do that it will save the islands & secret bases that generate to the cart

A leaked picture from the Canadia retailer Video Games Plus reveal that 12 titles will be added to the Nintendo Selects library.

On the 3DS side...

- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
    - Mario Party Island Tour
    - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
    - Yoshi's New Island

...Yay?

Ocarina was in need of a reprint, at least

The Wii U selections are quite good, too.

The Wii Selections existing is weird, I didnt think the wii stuff still sold at all. All-Stars re-release is nice, I guess.
    City Folk feels like an attempt to pacify the wii u animal crossing audience

Price reductions are always nice. Now I might actually want to try out a couple of these titles. ;D
    In other personal news I guess I finally managed to format and re-partition a 64 gig card so all I'll have to do is system transfer later. Having kind of second thoughts trying to do internet transfer tho on account of wacky internet...

Art belongs to me

Page 553 of 562 FirstFirst ... 453503543549550551552553554555556557 ... LastLast