Page 554 of 564 FirstFirst ... 454504544550551552553554555556557558 ... LastLast
Results 13,826 to 13,850 of 14094

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

SNES games have officially been confirmed for the Virtual Console on the New 3DS!

Credit to the amazing American--Pi for the banner!
    I have claimed Dialga
    I have claimed "In the Final" - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

I've changed everything back to English. Are you happy now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended Dialga View Post
    SNES games have officially been confirmed for the Virtual Console on the New 3DS!
    Welp, that was a big middle finger to my face.

"Here's Earthbound on a portable console, like you've always dreamed of! BU' WAI', IT'S ONLY ON THE NEW 3DS!!!"
    ❝I don't want to forget.❞

Quote Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post

"Here's Earthbound on a portable console, like you've always dreamed of! BU' WAI', IT'S ONLY ON THE NEW 3DS!!!"
    Well, it's not like they're releasing everything at once, so it doesn't feel like you need to buy a new portable right now.

~ "As long as it has a flavor, I like any kind of food!" ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Phantom Brave: We Meet Again

Well, Federation Force looked terrible at E3, but the levels they showed in the Direct are looking better. I wasn't a fan of the small, multiplayer arena-like levels shown at E3, but the ones here look longer and more involved. Hopefully they're packed with secrets too in typical Metroid fashion, then we have a real Metroid spinoff on our hands. So I'm a little more optimistic about this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post

If you take a look at emulation on the 3DS via homebrew, SNES performs terribly with O3DS models.

The ******** move was when Nintendo introduced 60HZ Super Metroid for Euro players while their Wii U gets 50Hz.

Blargh, why does the Super Mario World just have to be on a new-fangled 3DS?! I want it!!!!
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Skorupi

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Blargh, why does the Super Mario World just have to be on a new-fangled 3DS?! I want it!!!!
    The original 3DS's technology has been shown to be incapable of running SNES games.

The N3DS basically has four times the horsepower to be able to pull it off very well.

Let me know when these are cross-buy.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    The original 3DS's technology has been shown to be incapable of running SNES games.

The N3DS basically has four times the horsepower to be able to pull it off very well.
    More like Nintendo is incapable (or unwilling) of getting it to run on the original 3DS, it's absolutely doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Let me know when these are cross-buy.
    This is probably the best joke I'll see all week.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Anyone thinking that those games wouldn't work on the 3DS are in total denial. SNES games ran perfectly fine on the Gameboy Advanced. N64 games ran fine on the Normal DS.

So why the hell would the 3DS not be able to play games my toaster can when it can run PS2 games like Tales of the Abyss perfectly fine?

This is why Nintendo is terrible. It's a clearly a plot to sell more N3DS. Good think I'm not a big enough Nintendo fan to shell out over 150$ to play games that came out almost 20 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    More like Nintendo is incapable (or unwilling) of getting it to run on the original 3DS, it's absolutely doable.
    Doubt it. The moders who already tried to do it on the original 3DS ran into issues emulating them there. They can't even use the VC menu stuff.

Doubt it. The moders who already tried to do it on the original 3DS ran into issues emulating them there. They can't even use the VC menu stuff.
    Some trying to hack in an emulator and someone actually developing with full hardware access are completely different.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Anyone thinking that those games wouldn't work on the 3DS are in total denial. SNES games ran perfectly fine on the Gameboy Advanced. N64 games ran fine on the Normal DS.

So why the hell would the 3DS not be able to play games my toaster can when it can run PS2 games like Tales of the Abyss perfectly fine?

This is why Nintendo is terrible. It's a clearly a plot to sell more N3DS. Good think I'm not a big enough Nintendo fan to shell out over 150$ to play games that came out almost 20 years ago
    "SNES emulation isn't really a problem on the 3DS with regard to emulating the CPU. What takes up most of the processing for existing homebrew emulators for it is graphic rendering. The 3DS lacks any sort of 2D hardware in 3DS mode that systems like the GBA and DS had access to. So, other than software rendering, the other option is to attempt to use the 3D hardware. Each tile is formed with 2 triangle polygons, and each graphic cel has to be converted into the proper texture format (Z-order curve). Because there is no support for paletted textures, each graphic cell has to be converted into 16-bit direct color and stored in a cache, and the SNES's plane format can be 2-bit, 4-bit or 8-bit (with Mode7 using a normal 8-bit format). Each time a graphic cel or color palette changes, any and all tiles that used them would have to be re-converted. An 128x128 tile cache takes up 2MB of space. Color palettes can change per scanline, as can layer parameters, so that could mean 8x8 tile used on those scanlines could require having to readd them to the command buffer up to 8 times for every 8 scanlines (and possibly reconvert).

Same goes for GBA emulation on the 3DS. Most of the work is having to render the screen because it has no access to 2D hardware."

Sauce. And boom.

Not that it is impossible(Ambassador games) but you won't get good results(Ambassador games, again).
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    "SNES emulation isn't really a problem on the 3DS with regard to emulating the CPU. What takes up most of the processing for existing homebrew emulators for it is graphic rendering. The 3DS lacks any sort of 2D hardware in 3DS mode that systems like the GBA and DS had access to. So, other than software rendering, the other option is to attempt to use the 3D hardware. Each tile is formed with 2 triangle polygons, and each graphic cel has to be converted into the proper texture format (Z-order curve). Because there is no support for paletted textures, each graphic cell has to be converted into 16-bit direct color and stored in a cache, and the SNES's plane format can be 2-bit, 4-bit or 8-bit (with Mode7 using a normal 8-bit format). Each time a graphic cel or color palette changes, any and all tiles that used them would have to be re-converted. An 128x128 tile cache takes up 2MB of space. Color palettes can change per scanline, as can layer parameters, so that could mean 8x8 tile used on those scanlines could require having to readd them to the command buffer up to 8 times for every 8 scanlines (and possibly reconvert).

Same goes for GBA emulation on the 3DS. Most of the work is having to render the screen because it has no access to 2D hardware."

Sauce. And boom.

Not that it is impossible(Ambassador games) but you won't get good results(Ambassador games, again).
    Your source is a GameFAQs from almost a year ago in addition to why Hydros said?

lol

Nintendo could easily get this working. It's just a matter of if they were willing to put in the effort.

I don't remember having any issues with the Ambassador games on my 3DS, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtndrew24
    spoiler ansem isnt ansem but is actually pretending to be ansem as riku inside ansem pretending to be ansem

Quote Originally Posted by Karxrida View Post
    I don't remember having any issues with the Ambassador games on my 3DS, honestly.
    Same. They run perfectly fine as far as I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I know, I know. I had a GBA game of Super Mario World. I still regret that I sold it.
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Skorupi

Quote Originally Posted by Karxrida View Post
    The issue was trying to keep the other extra features of the system running. The Ambassador games completely turn them all off, and it makes it look like you're playing a rundown emulator that lacks all the extra settings.

The issue was trying to keep the other extra features of the system running. The Ambassador games completely turn them all off, and it makes it look like you're playing a rundown emulator that lacks all the extra settings.
    Specifically, I think they "cheat" and just run the GBA games on the 3DS' DS' GBA emulator

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Specifically, I think they "cheat" and just run the GBA games on the 3DS' DS' GBA emulator
    I think the DS actually had GBA hardware in it, I don't think it emulated at all. Could be wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I think the DS actually had GBA hardware in it, I don't think it emulated at all. Could be wrong here.
    That was called backward compatibility, which then was thoroughly scrapped once the DSi came in and thus got rid of said hardware/technology.

I would've prefer GBA games over SNES games on the New 3DS imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    I would've prefer GBA games over SNES games on the New 3DS imo.
    Up until now, there was no legal way to play SNES games on the go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    Up until now, there was no legal way to play SNES games on the go.
    The GBA has SNES games for it. The even released SNES versions of the SP and Micro to show it. I got A link to the Past for it.

The GBA has SNES games for it. The even released SNES versions of the SP and Micro to show it. I got A link to the Past for it.
    Which is of the utmost use to a current-day gamer without who doesn't own a functioning unit of a fifteen-year-old system or its twelve-year-old backwards compatible successor.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Page 554 of 564 FirstFirst ... 454504544550551552553554555556557558 ... LastLast