Page 536 of 536 FirstFirst ... 436486526532533534535536
Results 13,376 to 13,398 of 13398

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

No, their hardware is pretty dang good too. Don't forget, Nintendium.

If anything their devices are sturdier than others, at least when confronted with more... environmental hazards. Or they used to be, anyway. Haven't heard as many survival stories lately. They're always vulnerable to general wear and tear.
    "I remember the Zombie Wars back in '76. Back then, we didn't have all these fancy peashooters and jalapenos. All we had was guts. Guts and a spoon."

Quote Originally Posted by Atoyont View Post
    No, their hardware is pretty dang good too. Don't forget, Nintendium.

If anything their devices are sturdier than others, at least when confronted with more... environmental hazards. Or they used to be, anyway. Haven't heard as many survival stories lately. They're always vulnerable to general wear and tear.
    I don't mean sturdyness, but rather the OS (which i guess is software based rather than hardware based) and the hardware components packed into the 3DS and Wii U. They had to release a new handheld to stop the 3DS OS from sucking so much.
    Yuyu Hakusho
    112/112 (Anime) | 4/175 (Manga)

"What are you waiting for, your balls to drop?" | "Why does everything you say makes me wanna bash your face in?" | "Do I have to kill you to stop you from being foolish?" | "All the while we've been thinking you were a brilliant strategist when really, you're just a lucky fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    I don't mean sturdyness, but rather the OS (which i guess is software based rather than hardware based) and the hardware components packed into the 3DS and Wii U. They had to release a new handheld to stop the 3DS OS from sucking so much.
    Like the Vita to the PSP? That went realllllll well.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    Yeah, what's your point? Not like the 3DS will even be able to reach 1/3 of what the DS sold.

I was talking about my problem with the 3DS, not the freaking Vita.
    Yuyu Hakusho

"What are you waiting for, your balls to drop?" | "Why does everything you say makes me wanna bash your face in?" | "Do I have to kill you to stop you from being foolish?" | "All the while we've been thinking you were a brilliant strategist when really, you're just a lucky fool"

It did, the Vita's software is superior to the 3DS in everyway anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It did, the Vita's software is superior to the 3DS in everyway anyway.
    I'm talking sales wise. It's still at the bottom of the barrel in that regard. It does have a somewhat loyal fan base but not much in terms of game diversity outside of Japan , unless you really like to play old games.

That's how I see the N3DS doing really, not too great, but has a loyal enough fan base to have decent sales. At least it's able to use the regular 3DS library, so it's a little better than what the Vita tried to do.

I'm talking sales wise. It's still at the bottom of the barrel in that regard. It does have a somewhat loyal fan base but not much in terms of game diversity outside of Japan , unless you really like to play old games.

That's how I see the N3DS doing really, not too great, but has a loyal enough fan base to have decent sales. At least it's able to use the regular 3DS library, so it's a little better than what the Vita tried to do.
    Nothing's ever going to top Nintendo's handheld line. PSP/Vita were doing far better than the rest. If sony didn't gimp with the memory cards, and released the slim at launch, Vita could have possibly been on top.

All Nintendo has is it's loyal fanbase at this point. Also the Vita has bigger library than the 3DS. It just doesn't have them system sellers like Pokemon which is annoying because there are a ton of people who legit but one only for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    They've always done right in games, but their hardware effing sucks.
    Yeah, being a Nintendo fan pretty much means accepting that they're going to be comparatively inferior in basically every area besides game software development.

Nothing's ever going to top Nintendo's handheld line. PSP/Vita were doing far better than the rest. If sony didn't gimp with the memory cards, and released the slim at launch, Vita could have possibly been on top.

All Nintendo has is it's loyal fanbase at this point. Also the Vita has bigger library than the 3DS. It just doesn't have them system sellers like Pokemon which is annoying because there are a ton of people who legit but one only for that game.
    There's also a bunch of other issues with Sony's Vita campagin, but they can be lumped into not advertising aggressively

At least Nintendo can cash in on it. Last I heard, Playstation fans want a new Spyro and/or Crash Bandicoot. Instead, the Vita's getting a lot ports and pretty much the same anime-styled (dare I say it) crap.

If you're talking about this generation's hardware sales so far, the Wii U is the one that's still at the bottom of the barrel. The Vita has sold 2-3M more. And not a lot of diversity? Spoken like someone who probably doesn't even have a Vita. And what did the Vita do? The Vita Slim still plays every Vita game.

There's also a bunch of other issues with Sony's Vita campagin, but they can be lumped into not advertising aggressively

At least Nintendo can cash in on it. Last I heard, Playstation fans want a new Spyro and/or Crash Bandicoot. Instead, the Vita's getting a lot ports and pretty much the same anime-styled (dare I say it) crap.
    Both Vita and Wii U suffer from a lot of things, but yeah lack of marketing affects them both a great deal. Both total flops.

Playstation has never owned Crash or Spyro. Activision owned them both after buying Universal, and Spyro is now as huge as COD thanks to the sweeping success of Skylanders. They're doing jacksquat to Crash though, and there has been hints of Playstation buying back Crash from Activision, but nothing concrete yet. And forget about what I said above. You do own a Vita. You buy and play so many Vita games, you are able to confidently say the anime styled games are crap because obviously you can't review something unless you've experienced it! I thought Persona 4 Golden was great, but if you say it's crap, I guess I'll have to go trade it in at GameStop for $0.50 store credit immediately.
    Yuyu Hakusho

Those "crap" anime games are pretty much better than anything on the 3DS. In fact, the 3DS's best games are anime styled

While I find the idea that all anime style games on the vita are bad (Persona 4 Golden is one of the best JRPGs released) and games like Criminal Girls, Akiba's Trip, Mind/Zero and Freedom Wars being better than anything on the 3ds like SMTIV, Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter 3/4 Ultimate completely laughable (personally think the 3DS has more polished collection of JRPG and action games), this is not the thread for silly system/list wars so cut it out please.
    Last edited by Ragnarok; 22nd January 2015 at 4:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Akiba's Trip,
    That game is legit m8.

In other news, the Atelier Rorona theme is out in Japan. I hope it comes over.

Those "crap" anime games are pretty much better than anything on the 3DS. In fact, the 3DS's best games are anime styled

Woah, that's a huge overstatement because I wouldn't rank any if the best 3DS games as being "anime styled".
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Woah, that's a huge overstatement because I wouldn't rank any if the best 3DS games as being "anime styled".
    Pokemon
    Fire Emblem
    Kid Icarus
    Zelda
    SMT/Persona Q
    Animal Crossing

There are tons more really.

Pokemon
    Fire Emblem
    Kid Icarus
    Zelda
    SMT/Persona Q
    Animal Crossing

There are tons more really.
    The only one on there that's truly 'anime styled' in Persona. The rest are just made in Japan. Fire Emblem does have anime styled portraits but is otherwise very western-style.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The only one on there that's truly 'anime styled' in Persona. The rest are just made in Japan. Fire Emblem does have anime styled portraits but is otherwise very western-style.
    Idk, Pokemon should be self explanatory. KI artstyle looks just like anime trailers. Zelda is hit or miss I guess. OoT is clearly anime styled, which ATBW is debatable. The artwork that comes with the games is anime style though.

AC is iffy I guess. I looks Chibi to me but other might see it different.

Idk, Pokemon should be self explanatory. KI artstyle looks just like anime trailers. Zelda is hit or miss I guess. OoT is clearly anime styled, which ATBW is debatable. The artwork that comes with the games is anime style though.

AC is iffy I guess. I looks Chibi to me but other might see it different.
    I think what you consider anime styled and what everyone else considers anime styled is different.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

You don't consider Pokemon anime styled?

You don't consider Pokemon anime styled?
    No, anime styled to me (and I think most of the other users here), are things like visual novels, or other very unapologetically Japanese games, Akiba's Trip was a good example, some JRPGs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    No, anime styled to me (and I think most of the other users here), are things like visual novels, or other very unapologetically Japanese games, Akiba's Trip was a good example, some JRPGs, etc.
    Oh. When Recon said anime styled, I assumed he meant artstyle because most of the Vita's jrpgs aren't like that (VN, in blatant japanese locations, etc).

HOW is Pokémon "anime styled"? I agree 100% with Hydrohs.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    HOW is Pokémon "anime styled"? I agree 100% with Hydrohs.
    Depends how you define anime system. whether it's gameplay vs artstyle.

In terms of artstyle, Pokemon is "anime styled"

Page 536 of 536 FirstFirst ... 436486526532533534535536