Page 555 of 557 FirstFirst ... 455505545551552553554555556557 LastLast
Results 13,851 to 13,875 of 13923

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

So, I spent a lot of money for my new 3DS XL in the past two days. Yesterday I bought a $35 e-shop card and got all three Gen 1 Pokemon games. Today I bought a Legend of Zelda carrying case that comes with a screen cleaner that looks like a map of Hyrule and two stylus' (one that looks like a Master Sword and the other has the Hylian Shield on it). I also bought The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Mario Kart 7. To say the least Nintendo is getting a lot of my money lately and it's all a good thing.

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

new 3DS FC- 0319-1016-0613

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

i have a question regarding the circle pad for my 3ds XL. for the past 2 months or so i started putting a piece of paper to jam the control while i hatch eggs in the center of lumiouse city. i just noticed that i have pushed up the circle pad up by 1mm since ive started jamming it. im able to push it down a bit after removing a thin piece of paper under it. the thickness of paper that i notice the most issues with is the thickness of a kleenex box cardboard scrap. i did just barely push the paper far enough in to get the character moving in the right direction with the circle pad.

i have no current issues about it but what is the worst that can happen if the circle pad gets fully pushed off the 3ds? atm i dont think i'll be doing that trick any more. im not sure if its just the cap or the actual nub that might be getting loose.
    Last edited by nel3; 9th March 2016 at 9:42 PM.

fc 3926 6866-2593 ign Nelliel
    fight Sawk Machoke Tyrogue
    polar pattern Vivillion

latest shiny
    GMT-5hrs

Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    i have a question regarding the circle pad for my 3ds XL. for the past 2 months or so i started putting a piece of paper to jam the control while i hatch eggs in the center of lumiouse city. i just noticed that i have pushed up the circle pad up by 1mm since ive started jamming it. im able to push it down a bit after removing a thin piece of paper under it. the thickness of paper that i notice the most issues with is the thickness of a kleenex box cardboard scrap. i did just barely push the paper far enough in to get the character moving in the right direction with the circle pad.

i have no current issues about it but what is the worst that can happen if the circle pad gets fully pushed off the 3ds? atm i dont think i'll be doing that trick any more. im not sure if its just the cap or the actual nub that might be getting loose.
    Obviously the worst that can happen is that you'll have a 3DS without a circle pad. It'll be a stick.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Obviously the worst that can happen is that you'll have a 3DS without a circle pad. It'll be a stick.
    thank you for the reply Hydrohs. my biggest worry would've been that it would render the circle pad useless and break some connections to the circuit board. i dont plan of getting another 3ds just BC i might've destroy the controls of my current 3ds. i can deal with a stick for a circle pad in a worse case scenario. i actually really like the circle pad so i will be careful with it from now on. i long since have realized the circle pad has priority control over the D-pad. i dont intend to get the circle pad broken to stay in 1 particular direction.
    Last edited by nel3; 9th March 2016 at 10:59 PM.

polar pattern Vivillion

latest shiny
    GMT-5hrs

Preorders are up on Amazon for the Nintendo Select titles. Also, if you have Prime, they're part of the 20% off program Amazon is now doing, so you save 4 more dollars off of that

As a reminder, they are Pikmin 3, OoT3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns and 3D, Tropical Freeze, 3D World, Super Mario All Stars, NES Remix Pack, Mario Party Island Tour, AC: City Folk, SMG2, and Yoshi's New Island
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

So apparently the Japanese eShop was datamined and it was discovered that VC versions of Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI, the first three Dragon Quest games, and some other unimportant games are slated for release in the future. Hopefully we'll be treated to Final Fantasy VI.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtndrew24
    spoiler ansem isnt ansem but is actually pretending to be ansem as riku inside ansem pretending to be ansem

Quote Originally Posted by Karxrida View Post
    So apparently the Japanese eShop was datamined and it was discovered that VC versions of Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI, the first three Dragon Quest games, and some other unimportant games are slated for release in the future. Hopefully we'll be treated to Final Fantasy VI.
    Squenix has been extremely lousy for oversea releases. Not even Europe gets better treatment.

We only have FFTA, which didn't somehow get Miiverse snapshot sharing.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 10th March 2016 at 1:44 AM.

~ Sexism? In my FIRE EMBLEM? ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Bayonetta (Wii U)

Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

Quote Originally Posted by Karxrida View Post
    Knowin NoA, we won't get those at all

Once the stuff outlined in the direct are out, I feel it's a guarantee NoA will drop it just like they did Wii games on Wii U, even though Japan has many more titles lined up within ITS direct (including all 3 mega man x games, assorted capcom fighters, etc) that would have no problem coming over here.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_phoenix View Post
    So, I spent a lot of money for my new 3DS XL in the past two days. Yesterday I bought a $35 e-shop card and got all three Gen 1 Pokemon games. Today I bought a Legend of Zelda carrying case that comes with a screen cleaner that looks like a map of Hyrule and two stylus' (one that looks like a Master Sword and the other has the Hylian Shield on it). I also bought The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Mario Kart 7. To say the least Nintendo is getting a lot of my money lately and it's all a good thing.
    Why would get all 3 versions of Pokemon? Yellow would of been just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Yellow is missing some wild mons like Meowth, plus it has different glitches.
    spoiler ansem isnt ansem but is actually pretending to be ansem as riku inside ansem pretending to be ansem

Yellow would of been just fine
    Yellow lacks Pokemon. It doesn't have all of them.

Yellow has the better glitches and Pokemon though.

It's proven though science that Mankey > Meowth

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Yellow lacks Pokemon. It doesn't have all of them.
    Hence why you trade for them.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Hence why you trade for them.
    I think he understands that. He was referring to the fact that Yellow is missing Pokemon that you would find in Red and/or Blue.

Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

Yellow probably would not have been fine by itself since people would have been nit-picking about only one out of three Gen I games to be chosen to be purchased. Even just glancing over the forum, some players have gone about downloading at least 1-2 versions anyways.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Yellow has the better glitches though.
    Better glitches? What notable glitches does Yellow have that RB don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Going off of Bulbapedia, there are only 2 glitches exclusive to Yellow: one where you can boosts Pikachu's friendship value with items that have no effect (i.e. using a Full Restore when it's at full HP) and one that forces Pikachu off screen with Glitch City shenanigans.

I think some other glitches work differently, like Missingno., but otherwise I don't think Yellow has any noteworthy glitches that Red and Blue lack.

i remember my PKMN yellow days on my GB color. i really like yellow back then. i found the surfing pikachu game rather fun back then. im not sire if you can get a legit surfing pikachu in yellow but i had the game shark back them. i did some interesting things to my silver/yellow cartridges back then to mess up the games to render the quick dex catching function on the game shark useless.

though yellow had its advantages for certain things which i really liked.

polar pattern Vivillion

latest shiny
    GMT-5hrs

i remember my PKMN yellow days on my GB color. i really like yellow back then. i found the surfing pikachu game rather fun back then. im not sire if you can get a legit surfing pikachu in yellow but i had the game shark back them. i did some interesting things to my silver/yellow cartridges back then to mess up the games to render the quick dex catching function on the game shark useless.
    You had to do something in Pokemon Stadium exclusive with the Pikachu you get in Yellow. You can read about it on bulbapedia/gamefaqs.

Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

Spoiler:- solution:

I have always been shocked that people are willing to shove pennies, paper, etc. under their circle pads when it's so much safer to just clamp the D-pad with a chip clip or other type of clip. I suggest changing methods if you have a spare chip clip.
    Latest shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Some are easier to execute like the Missingno one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Yellow probably would not have been fine by itself since people would have been nit-picking about only one out of three Gen I games to be chosen to be purchased. Even just glancing over the forum, some players have gone about downloading at least 1-2 versions anyways.
    I guess. Looking over the exclusive pokemon list for the 3 games, there are only like 3 pokemon that you can't get by buying Yellow and either red or blue.

I'm not going to tell people how to spend their money but I don't thing 3 exclusive Pokemon are worth the purchase of a third game. Especially when those Pokemon are gotten with ease via wifi trading if even the GTS lol

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    You had to do something in Pokemon Stadium exclusive with the Pikachu you get in Yellow. You can read about it on bulbapedia/gamefaqs.
    thank you for the reply, i always wondered how i could get it legit. that game had its novelty but it could only go so far. the pokeathlon feature had much more potential and amusement to it. i dont mind the pkmn amie feature but i dont use it much. we had a N64 but we never got colliseum on it, just the usual golden eye, mario 64 and 2 other scrap games. we did rent N64 games way back when it was still in style but it was seldom.

i believe i tried to get around the surfing pika code by giving a regular pika surf but it was obviously not working. i really do miss my legit???? suicune +3GS move codes on my silver version. the cartridge battery died long ago and i never bothered to replace it. my hacking hijinx ended with my GB color, it was fun while it lasted. lol now half the GS code pkmn in silver/yellow end up as missigno.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Volt Grunt View Post
        Spoiler:- solution:

I have always been shocked that people are willing to shove pennies, paper, etc. under their circle pads when it's so much safer to just clamp the D-pad with a chip clip or other type of clip. I suggest changing methods if you have a spare chip clip.
    thank you for the reply, i didnt dare try pennies on my 3ds but i did try thinned out cardboard from kleenex boxes to limit the upward pressure on the circle pad.

unfortunately i dont have a current clip thats safe enough for how you are using it. i dont keep those types of clips in stock but i'll see what i can find. i do have one of those cheap clamps for wood projects you can find in a dollar store but its way too strong of a clamping pressure for a 3ds.

i did go back to a cardboard for the time being but i cut it down in width to place it on top of the surface (of the 3ds) between the edge of the circle pad and the raised edge of the bottom screen frame. its only applying pressure on the side of the button so its prone to slide off if i dont keep pressure on the paper and circle pad. i will go to a dollar store and see if i can find a clip that would fit the bill for shape and clamping pressure. my current newer method isnt perfect but its better than putting something under it. i definitely like the idea of clamping the D pad much more.
    Last edited by nel3; 10th March 2016 at 2:44 PM.

polar pattern Vivillion

latest shiny
    GMT-5hrs

Especially when those Pokemon are gotten with ease via wifi trading if even the GTS lol
    Which doesn't exist in Generation I.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The demo for Bravely Second is out!

Now stop playing Fates for a moment.

I was obviously talking about current games. >.>

Page 555 of 557 FirstFirst ... 455505545551552553554555556557 LastLast