Page 556 of 559 FirstFirst ... 456506546552553554555556557558559 LastLast
Results 13,876 to 13,900 of 13963

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

The discussion was pretty clearly about the Generation I Virtual Console releases though.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The discussion was pretty clearly about the Generation I Virtual Console releases though.
    While true, from what I seen, most people are going to just move them forward to current gen. While, it's fine for some, I Personally would spend the extra 10 bucks go get the three exclusives when I could just get them on current gen. Two versions would cover all the rare gen 1 Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Some are easier to execute like the Missingno one.
    The easiest way to get MissingNo. is via the Old Man, which is fixed in Yellow.

my 3ds XL hinge clicks really loudly. this i not my vid or 3ds but the loud click is just as loud as mine. is it anything for me to worry about as far as replacing a piece on the 3ds? my 3ds XL is 2-3yrs old at most, its the blue model if that helps. the screen isnt loose, just a noisy hinge. i did got to the 3rd click occasionally but its usually the first 2 positions i put it in 97% of the time. my ears atm might be a bit more sensitive but can the noise sometimes indicate a loose hinge?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K6gavnAc8s
    Last edited by nel3; 15th March 2016 at 7:27 AM.

fc 3926 6866-2593 ign Nelliel
    fight Sawk Machoke Tyrogue
    polar pattern Vivillion

latest shiny
    GMT-5hrs

^ I'm pretty sure it's designed to click like that. Mine always has. I've never seen a 3DS XL that didn't click and to me it sounds more like something's wrong with that one that didn't click in the video. xD

(credit: @ningukt)

~ ~
    [719/720]
    lend me hoopa pls?
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258

The noise indicates the exact opposite of a loose hinge.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Tangeh View Post
    ^ I'm pretty sure it's designed to click like that. Mine always has. I've never seen a 3DS XL that didn't click and to me it sounds more like something's wrong with that one that didn't click in the video. xD
    thank you very much, i stayed up a bit too late last night and probably got a bit paranoid. its comforting to know that the loud noise is what is needed to judge its integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The noise indicates the exact opposite of a loose hinge.
    thank you very much, thats makes alot of sense now that i think of it. you dont take apart the hinges just to check it. i was always wondering why it had such a distinct click when changing the screen angle.

polar pattern Vivillion

latest shiny
    GMT-5hrs

You know, tomorrow, during Easter, it will be five years since the 3DS came out in the USA.

Sega 3D Classics are on sale for $4 each in NA, including some that weren't on sale last time. None of these are in the upcoming collection, so no need to worry about double-dipping.

Seriously, these are incredible: playing Super Hang-On with a tilting arcade border using gyro controls is a magical experience. Compared to the SNES games on the eShop, these are half the price, play on OG systems, and have a cornucopia of emulation features. I highly recommend OutRun.

is there any particular reason why Nintendo is discontinuing the colors for certain 3DS systems? are they doing it for the rarity factor or are they just playing around with new colors for the shells?

polar pattern Vivillion

latest shiny
    GMT-5hrs

Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    is there any particular reason why Nintendo is discontinuing the colors for certain 3DS systems? are they doing it for the rarity factor or are they just playing around with new colors for the shells?
    Probably just trimming production lines of repurposing them

Does anyone know if there is a list of Virtual Console games that I can play on my 3DS as well as having it on my Wii U? I'm planning to get a few VC games and I would like to know which ones I can play on both my consoles.

Also, yes, my 3DS does have the same NNID as my Wii U.
    3DS Friend Code is 0061-3599-7305. My Friend Safari is Delibird, Bermite and Dewgong. If you would like to add me send me a PM so I know to add you back.

Platinum team

Roots Chaos Minerva Tetra Dippy Willow

This battle has burned all.... I'll fight forevermoreeeeee..

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo543 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a list of Virtual Console games that I can play on my 3DS as well as having it on my Wii U? I'm planning to get a few VC games and I would like to know which ones I can play on both my consoles.

Also, yes, my 3DS does have the same NNID as my Wii U.
    If you're talking about crossbuy, none of them. Many are on both but must be bought separately

Should also be noted that even if you buy both versions there's no way to transfer save data between the two consoles.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The Nintendo DSi Shop will close on March 31, 2017 (for Europe?)

Point additions will stop on September 30 (my birthday!), 2016.

~ When the sweet model student tells you to shut up. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Shantae: Risky's Revenge DC (Wii U)

Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

I didn't even know it was still open, I figured it had shut down after Wifi went offline for the DS.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Probably just trimming production lines of repurposing them
    thanks, there a few colors i probably would've liked to get had i the opportunity ie silver/black or even the white one. though if they do make a green one (non-yoshi design) then id be hard pressed on that decision. i do like my blue XL alot but a green color is even better.

polar pattern Vivillion

latest shiny
    GMT-5hrs

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    The Nintendo DSi Shop will close on March 31, 2017 (for Europe?)

Point additions will stop on September 30 (my birthday!), 2016.
    Is there any news on the Wii Eshop?
    3DS Friend Code is 0061-3599-7305. My Friend Safari is Delibird, Bermite and Dewgong. If you would like to add me send me a PM so I know to add you back.

Platinum team

Roots Chaos Minerva Tetra Dippy Willow

This battle has burned all.... I'll fight forevermoreeeeee..

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo543 View Post
    Is there any news on the Wii Eshop?
    None so far.

Though closing that one down would be bad. It's got way too many VC titles, unlike the barebones DSi Shop.

~ When the sweet model student tells you to shut up. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Shantae: Risky's Revenge DC (Wii U)

Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

The DSi shop's likely closing because the hardware isn't being produced anymore, its old, and everything except for 9 items (3 sudoku titles, the DSi Browser, Flipnote Studio and 4 others I can't recall) is available on the 3DS' eshop.

Wii Shop has to stick around for Wii U, basically. If the Wii U were to ever just absorb the Wii Shop into its architecture it would probably be closed down too.

So the Nintendo Badge Arcade won't be open this Thursday morning due to maintenance. I wonder if there's gonna some updated features when it opens back up.

The bunny just needs a personal day. We've all been there.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I wonder if Nintendo and SEGA are gonna make any more 3D Classics. I would love to see 3D Classic versions of Super Mario RPG or Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    I wonder if Nintendo and SEGA are gonna make any more 3D Classics. I would love to see 3D Classic versions of Super Mario RPG or Sonic 3 and Knuckles.
    Nintendo's 3D Classics output has long since been done (the last ones came out in 2012), and I doubt they'd pick SMRPG anyway, as it's not an NES game.

Sega hasn't announced any new 3D Classics beyond the ones in the upcoming compilation, though that apparently could change depending on sales of the compilation.

Anybody got word on what's next for the 3DS other than Kirby Planet Robobot, Pokemon Sun and Moon and Metroid Prime Federation Force? I know E3 is in a couple of months but info for anything on upcoming game content is getting very scarce.

Page 556 of 559 FirstFirst ... 456506546552553554555556557558559 LastLast