Page 562 of 564 FirstFirst ... 462512552558559560561562563564 LastLast
Results 14,026 to 14,050 of 14095

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    To be fair, NES games cost $4.99, so it makes sense for Super Nintendo games to cost more.
    What if they're both overpriced?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    What if they're both overpriced?
    That's a different story. Personally I think they're fine, but I admit they're borderline over-priced.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

I've had a thought since yesterday. You know how Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow are on the 3DS VC? Well, what if Nintendo remade Stadium 1 on 3DS so that players of those games could get the starter they missed in the VC versions of Red, Blue and Yellow?

Of all the reasons to rerelease Stadium, that seems like the weakest.

Yellow already has all three starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    I've had a thought since yesterday. You know how Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow are on the 3DS VC? Well, what if Nintendo remade Stadium 1 on 3DS so that players of those games could get the starter they missed in the VC versions of Red, Blue and Yellow?
    You keep trying to rationalize this. There's next to no chance it happens, particularly not with the Wii U on the way out.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You keep trying to rationalize this. There's next to no chance it happens, particularly not with the Wii U on the way out.

Not only that I can see many Issues with getting a 3DS and Wii U working in a way that won't cause issues.

The Original RBY GB games were placed in a N64 Controller Add-on Called the "Transfer Pak". The N64 was constantly accessing and regularly saving to the GB games.. If you tried to remove a GB Game while the Statium 1 or 2 was in the N64 would "crash" if it was powered. It didn't matter if you're weren't even using the GB game data or controller in question.

My first issue is to make the 3DS and Wii U talk to each other the N64 need for the Transfer Pak.. One option is to put the 3DS's GB emulator in to a new mode so that the Wii U would be able to communicate with it. I see two issues, first would be Speed and Latency. I think the Transfer Pak was way quicker than the Classic Gameboy at loading and saving Save Data, and the direct physical connection didn't introduce any possible Lag, which wirelessly connecting could do. The next would be the 3DS being forced to terminate connection being very easy to do. One way around this would basicly require the 3DS to be the Controller. (This can cause an Issue with a few Mini games but otherwise fine.) To possibly fix that would load all the GB data to the Wii U console, which could allow Multiple GB games from one 3DS. But you'd need to make sure each GB game is untouched when returning the data.

Next question would be, can Nintendo see any profit in making a Transfer Pak enabled N64 games? I don't think so. In the west, there are currently Four N64 games and 8 GB games that Nintendo could sell without seeing lawyers. The Non-Pokémon games are 4 Mario Sport titles, Mario Golf GBC/N64, and Mario Tennis GBC/N64, all of which are sold on 3DS, Wii and Wii U VCs without Transfer pack options. There are 2 sets more of games that were sold in the west, but with one being Mickey Mouse Speedway USA, and the other, Perfect Dark now being own by Microsoft, I don't think they Let Nintendo put it on the Wii U/3DS. Since I own them both I can tell you Perfect Dark just used the GB cart to unlock a few cheats in the N64 game.
    Twitter

MikeSharpeWriter.com

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Not only that I can see many Issues with getting a 3DS and Wii U working in a way that won't cause issues.

The Original RBY GB games were placed in a N64 Controller Add-on Called the "Transfer Pak". The N64 was constantly accessing and regularly saving to the GB games.. If you tried to remove a GB Game while the Statium 1 or 2 was in the N64 would "crash" if it was powered. It didn't matter if you're weren't even using the GB game data or controller in question.

My first issue is to make the 3DS and Wii U talk to each other the N64 need for the Transfer Pak.. One option is to put the 3DS's GB emulator in to a new mode so that the Wii U would be able to communicate with it. I see two issues, first would be Speed and Latency. I think the Transfer Pak was way quicker than the Classic Gameboy at loading and saving Save Data, and the direct physical connection didn't introduce any possible Lag, which wirelessly connecting could do. The next would be the 3DS being forced to terminate connection being very easy to do. One way around this would basicly require the 3DS to be the Controller. (This can cause an Issue with a few Mini games but otherwise fine.) To possibly fix that would load all the GB data to the Wii U console, which could allow Multiple GB games from one 3DS. But you'd need to make sure each GB game is untouched when returning the data.

Next question would be, can Nintendo see any profit in making a Transfer Pak enabled N64 games? I don't think so. In the west, there are currently Four N64 games and 8 GB games that Nintendo could sell without seeing lawyers. The Non-Pokémon games are 4 Mario Sport titles, Mario Golf GBC/N64, and Mario Tennis GBC/N64, all of which are sold on 3DS, Wii and Wii U VCs without Transfer pack options. There are 2 sets more of games that were sold in the west, but with one being Mickey Mouse Speedway USA, and the other, Perfect Dark now being own by Microsoft, I don't think they Let Nintendo put it on the Wii U/3DS. Since I own them both I can tell you Perfect Dark just used the GB cart to unlock a few cheats in the N64 game.
    My point exactly. As much as I would like it on the Wii U VC, it seems that a 3DS remake is the best way to go.

As much as I would like it on the Wii U VC, it seems that a 3DS remake is the best way to go.
    That's--

But--

No. No, that's missing the point entirely. There would be even less value in a "Pokémon Stadium remake" for the 3DS.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    That's--

But--

No. No, that's missing the point entirely. There would be even less value in a "Pokémon Stadium remake" for the 3DS.
    Well then, do you wanna be searching all day for someone who's willing to give up their Hitmonlee to you?

Well then, do you wanna be searching all day for someone who's willing to give up their Hitmonlee to you?
    Gonna have to ask you to explain yourself on this one.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

That's not really any kind of justification for needing a remake for Stadium. Heck, that wasn't even the justification for making the game in the first place back in the day. The entire point of the game back in the day was to be able to see those 8-bit sprites of Pokemon in fully realized 3D models. With 3D Models now the standard in Gen VI, the appeal of the Pokemon Stadium type games has greatly diminished.

The prize Pokemon were a perk. You or anyone else needing one of the prize Pokemon without the need for trading isn't going to cause the game to be remade, especially considering the end result of the RBY games is to have the Pokemon obtained on them transferred to Sun and Moon via Pokemon Bank.
    SMod, One of the writers for the PotW, and someone you'll be hearing from often if you fail to read the rules

Take a moment, remind yourself
    To take a moment and find yourself

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    That's not really any kind of justification for needing a remake for Stadium. Heck, that wasn't even the justification for making the game in the first place back in the day. The entire point of the game back in the day was to be able to see those 8-bit sprites of Pokemon in fully realized 3D models. With 3D Models now the standard in Gen VI, the appeal of the Pokemon Stadium type games has greatly diminished.

The prize Pokemon were a perk. You or anyone else needing one of the prize Pokemon without the need for trading isn't going to cause the game to be remade, especially considering the end result of the RBY games is to have the Pokemon obtained on them transferred to Sun and Moon via Pokemon Bank.
    You make a decent point, though it would be nice to have your Red, Blue and Yellow Pokemon in 3D on the small screen.

You make a decent point, though it would be nice to have your Red, Blue and Yellow Pokemon in 3D on the small screen.
    And you will, when you transfer them to Gen VII via Bank. November's not too far off at this point, so it'll just be a little while longer.

Which is probably still less time than it would be to remake an N64 game on the 3DS.
    SMod, One of the writers for the PotW, and someone you'll be hearing from often if you fail to read the rules

Take a moment, remind yourself
    To take a moment and find yourself

And you will, when you transfer them to Gen VII via Bank. November's not too far off at this point, so it'll just be a little while longer.

Which is probably still less time than it would be to remake an N64 game on the 3DS.
    Whatever, little me hopes for a second free trial period for the Bank. Most probably because of a new generation. I mean, c'mon, not everyone has /or is allowed to make a credit card to pay for digital content, and I really want to transfer my guys over to Gen 7.

No, not everyone does. But a lot of people do - the vast majority, even - and the ones who don't do still have the option of going to a store and paying cash for a prepaid Nintendo eShop card. It's assumed that if you're going to engage in downloading software for your Nintendo system that you have access to at least one of those means.

-----
    Words to|live by

Again, decent point. Man, still no way to get Surfing Pikachu or Amnesia Psyduck in the VC Red, Blue and Yellow though.

Hello~ ^^
    I have a question regarding system transfer. I've recently transferred my data from my 3DS XL to my new 3DS Xl. Everything went well and my old 3DS is formatted. Now what do I do with my old SD card. Do I have to delete all data on it? or is there a file or a folder that I have to leave for the 3DS to work?
    Thanks in advance~ <3

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

You can copy paste the data from a regular sized card from the old system to a micro SD for the new one via a computer. The data you had on it is still there post-transfer, and will be synced to the same NNID.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 26th August 2016 at 5:19 PM.

I know that. My new system is already working with all my data. I want to sell the old 3DS, and I'm wondering whether I should delete all the data on my old SD for the new owner or there is a file or folder I have to keep for the 3DS to work.

You mean, does the system maintain necessary OS files on removable storage?

No, it doesn't.

Yes. Thanks for helping~ ^^

The only Pokemon N64 era game I can see ever being remade for 3DS would be Snap and if they even planned to do that I think we'd all rather just have Pokemon Snap 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Whatever, little me hopes for a second free trial period for the Bank. Most probably because of a new generation. I mean, c'mon, not everyone has /or is allowed to make a credit card to pay for digital content, and I really want to transfer my guys over to Gen 7.
    They don't? Wow I know the little kids at my local elementary school have them since they get allowances and parents seem to paper money is dead. Though I can get why they give kids cards and put a limit since kids would likely lose paper money and coins more than a card they know matters.

Also thought you could just use eshop points for it. I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 30th August 2016 at 1:41 PM.
    There's a tyrant king with a reptile heart
    And he's started a wave of crime now
    From his ship high above he abducted my love
    For the fourteenth or fifteenth time now

Before i got my debit card, i just bought $20 eShop cards, and i would save $5 dollars for next year's payment. So, yeah, that means i would have a budget of $15 to buy digital games with..
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; 2 shiny hunted, 9 happened naturally (Apparently the shiny Wingull family loves me)

Team Moon, Team Popplio, Team Instinct

Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

New Nintendo Direct about the 3DS on Thursday morning! Can someone please re-open the Direct thread so people can discuss and predict?

I literally made sure it was legit since I have me tricked by fake Nintendo accounts. Sadly NoA has tweeted nothing so I'm worried it is like UK only

Hope to see news on Monster Striker,MH Stories and Dragonball Fusions all getting USA releases. Good god Fusions looks so fun to me
    There's a tyrant king with a reptile heart
    And he's started a wave of crime now
    From his ship high above he abducted my love
    For the fourteenth or fifteenth time now

Page 562 of 564 FirstFirst ... 462512552558559560561562563564 LastLast