Page 562 of 564 FirstFirst ... 462512552558559560561562563564 LastLast
Results 14,026 to 14,050 of 14095

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

  1. #14026
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Baring his soul
    Posts
    11,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    To be fair, NES games cost $4.99, so it makes sense for Super Nintendo games to cost more.
    What if they're both overpriced?

  2. #14027
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    3,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    What if they're both overpriced?
    That's a different story. Personally I think they're fine, but I admit they're borderline over-priced.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  3. #14028
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    713

    Default

    I've had a thought since yesterday. You know how Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow are on the 3DS VC? Well, what if Nintendo remade Stadium 1 on 3DS so that players of those games could get the starter they missed in the VC versions of Red, Blue and Yellow?

  4. #14029
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Baring his soul
    Posts
    11,140

    Default

    Of all the reasons to rerelease Stadium, that seems like the weakest.

    Yellow already has all three starters.

  5. #14030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    I've had a thought since yesterday. You know how Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow are on the 3DS VC? Well, what if Nintendo remade Stadium 1 on 3DS so that players of those games could get the starter they missed in the VC versions of Red, Blue and Yellow?
    You keep trying to rationalize this. There's next to no chance it happens, particularly not with the Wii U on the way out.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  6. #14031
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    I've had a thought since yesterday. You know how Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow are on the 3DS VC? Well, what if Nintendo remade Stadium 1 on 3DS so that players of those games could get the starter they missed in the VC versions of Red, Blue and Yellow?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You keep trying to rationalize this. There's next to no chance it happens, particularly not with the Wii U on the way out.

    Not only that I can see many Issues with getting a 3DS and Wii U working in a way that won't cause issues.

    The Original RBY GB games were placed in a N64 Controller Add-on Called the "Transfer Pak". The N64 was constantly accessing and regularly saving to the GB games.. If you tried to remove a GB Game while the Statium 1 or 2 was in the N64 would "crash" if it was powered. It didn't matter if you're weren't even using the GB game data or controller in question.

    My first issue is to make the 3DS and Wii U talk to each other the N64 need for the Transfer Pak.. One option is to put the 3DS's GB emulator in to a new mode so that the Wii U would be able to communicate with it. I see two issues, first would be Speed and Latency. I think the Transfer Pak was way quicker than the Classic Gameboy at loading and saving Save Data, and the direct physical connection didn't introduce any possible Lag, which wirelessly connecting could do. The next would be the 3DS being forced to terminate connection being very easy to do. One way around this would basicly require the 3DS to be the Controller. (This can cause an Issue with a few Mini games but otherwise fine.) To possibly fix that would load all the GB data to the Wii U console, which could allow Multiple GB games from one 3DS. But you'd need to make sure each GB game is untouched when returning the data.

    Next question would be, can Nintendo see any profit in making a Transfer Pak enabled N64 games? I don't think so. In the west, there are currently Four N64 games and 8 GB games that Nintendo could sell without seeing lawyers. The Non-Pokémon games are 4 Mario Sport titles, Mario Golf GBC/N64, and Mario Tennis GBC/N64, all of which are sold on 3DS, Wii and Wii U VCs without Transfer pack options. There are 2 sets more of games that were sold in the west, but with one being Mickey Mouse Speedway USA, and the other, Perfect Dark now being own by Microsoft, I don't think they Let Nintendo put it on the Wii U/3DS. Since I own them both I can tell you Perfect Dark just used the GB cart to unlock a few cheats in the N64 game.
    Twitter


    MikeSharpeWriter.com

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  7. #14032
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Not only that I can see many Issues with getting a 3DS and Wii U working in a way that won't cause issues.

    The Original RBY GB games were placed in a N64 Controller Add-on Called the "Transfer Pak". The N64 was constantly accessing and regularly saving to the GB games.. If you tried to remove a GB Game while the Statium 1 or 2 was in the N64 would "crash" if it was powered. It didn't matter if you're weren't even using the GB game data or controller in question.

    My first issue is to make the 3DS and Wii U talk to each other the N64 need for the Transfer Pak.. One option is to put the 3DS's GB emulator in to a new mode so that the Wii U would be able to communicate with it. I see two issues, first would be Speed and Latency. I think the Transfer Pak was way quicker than the Classic Gameboy at loading and saving Save Data, and the direct physical connection didn't introduce any possible Lag, which wirelessly connecting could do. The next would be the 3DS being forced to terminate connection being very easy to do. One way around this would basicly require the 3DS to be the Controller. (This can cause an Issue with a few Mini games but otherwise fine.) To possibly fix that would load all the GB data to the Wii U console, which could allow Multiple GB games from one 3DS. But you'd need to make sure each GB game is untouched when returning the data.

    Next question would be, can Nintendo see any profit in making a Transfer Pak enabled N64 games? I don't think so. In the west, there are currently Four N64 games and 8 GB games that Nintendo could sell without seeing lawyers. The Non-Pokémon games are 4 Mario Sport titles, Mario Golf GBC/N64, and Mario Tennis GBC/N64, all of which are sold on 3DS, Wii and Wii U VCs without Transfer pack options. There are 2 sets more of games that were sold in the west, but with one being Mickey Mouse Speedway USA, and the other, Perfect Dark now being own by Microsoft, I don't think they Let Nintendo put it on the Wii U/3DS. Since I own them both I can tell you Perfect Dark just used the GB cart to unlock a few cheats in the N64 game.
    My point exactly. As much as I would like it on the Wii U VC, it seems that a 3DS remake is the best way to go.

  8. #14033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    As much as I would like it on the Wii U VC, it seems that a 3DS remake is the best way to go.
    That's--

    But--

    No. No, that's missing the point entirely. There would be even less value in a "Pokémon Stadium remake" for the 3DS.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  9. #14034
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    That's--

    But--

    No. No, that's missing the point entirely. There would be even less value in a "Pokémon Stadium remake" for the 3DS.
    Well then, do you wanna be searching all day for someone who's willing to give up their Hitmonlee to you?

  10. #14035
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    18,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    Well then, do you wanna be searching all day for someone who's willing to give up their Hitmonlee to you?
    Gonna have to ask you to explain yourself on this one.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  11. #14036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    Well then, do you wanna be searching all day for someone who's willing to give up their Hitmonlee to you?
    That's not really any kind of justification for needing a remake for Stadium. Heck, that wasn't even the justification for making the game in the first place back in the day. The entire point of the game back in the day was to be able to see those 8-bit sprites of Pokemon in fully realized 3D models. With 3D Models now the standard in Gen VI, the appeal of the Pokemon Stadium type games has greatly diminished.

    The prize Pokemon were a perk. You or anyone else needing one of the prize Pokemon without the need for trading isn't going to cause the game to be remade, especially considering the end result of the RBY games is to have the Pokemon obtained on them transferred to Sun and Moon via Pokemon Bank.
    SMod, One of the writers for the PotW, and someone you'll be hearing from often if you fail to read the rules

    Take a moment, remind yourself
    To take a moment and find yourself

  12. #14037
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    That's not really any kind of justification for needing a remake for Stadium. Heck, that wasn't even the justification for making the game in the first place back in the day. The entire point of the game back in the day was to be able to see those 8-bit sprites of Pokemon in fully realized 3D models. With 3D Models now the standard in Gen VI, the appeal of the Pokemon Stadium type games has greatly diminished.

    The prize Pokemon were a perk. You or anyone else needing one of the prize Pokemon without the need for trading isn't going to cause the game to be remade, especially considering the end result of the RBY games is to have the Pokemon obtained on them transferred to Sun and Moon via Pokemon Bank.
    You make a decent point, though it would be nice to have your Red, Blue and Yellow Pokemon in 3D on the small screen.

  13. #14038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    You make a decent point, though it would be nice to have your Red, Blue and Yellow Pokemon in 3D on the small screen.
    And you will, when you transfer them to Gen VII via Bank. November's not too far off at this point, so it'll just be a little while longer.

    Which is probably still less time than it would be to remake an N64 game on the 3DS.
    SMod, One of the writers for the PotW, and someone you'll be hearing from often if you fail to read the rules

    Take a moment, remind yourself
    To take a moment and find yourself

  14. #14039
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Silvertown, Johto
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    And you will, when you transfer them to Gen VII via Bank. November's not too far off at this point, so it'll just be a little while longer.

    Which is probably still less time than it would be to remake an N64 game on the 3DS.
    Whatever, little me hopes for a second free trial period for the Bank. Most probably because of a new generation. I mean, c'mon, not everyone has /or is allowed to make a credit card to pay for digital content, and I really want to transfer my guys over to Gen 7.

  15. #14040

    Default

    No, not everyone does. But a lot of people do - the vast majority, even - and the ones who don't do still have the option of going to a store and paying cash for a prepaid Nintendo eShop card. It's assumed that if you're going to engage in downloading software for your Nintendo system that you have access to at least one of those means.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  16. #14041
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    And you will, when you transfer them to Gen VII via Bank. November's not too far off at this point, so it'll just be a little while longer.

    Which is probably still less time than it would be to remake an N64 game on the 3DS.
    Again, decent point. Man, still no way to get Surfing Pikachu or Amnesia Psyduck in the VC Red, Blue and Yellow though.

  17. #14042
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kuran mansion
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    Hello~ ^^
    I have a question regarding system transfer. I've recently transferred my data from my 3DS XL to my new 3DS Xl. Everything went well and my old 3DS is formatted. Now what do I do with my old SD card. Do I have to delete all data on it? or is there a file or a folder that I have to leave for the 3DS to work?
    Thanks in advance~ <3

    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628


  18. #14043
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Baring his soul
    Posts
    11,140

    Default

    You can copy paste the data from a regular sized card from the old system to a micro SD for the new one via a computer. The data you had on it is still there post-transfer, and will be synced to the same NNID.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 26th August 2016 at 5:19 PM.

  19. #14044
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kuran mansion
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    I know that. My new system is already working with all my data. I want to sell the old 3DS, and I'm wondering whether I should delete all the data on my old SD for the new owner or there is a file or folder I have to keep for the 3DS to work.

    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628


  20. #14045
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Baring his soul
    Posts
    11,140

    Default

    You mean, does the system maintain necessary OS files on removable storage?

    No, it doesn't.

  21. #14046
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kuran mansion
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    Yes. Thanks for helping~ ^^

    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628


  22. #14047
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,675

    Default

    The only Pokemon N64 era game I can see ever being remade for 3DS would be Snap and if they even planned to do that I think we'd all rather just have Pokemon Snap 2.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Whatever, little me hopes for a second free trial period for the Bank. Most probably because of a new generation. I mean, c'mon, not everyone has /or is allowed to make a credit card to pay for digital content, and I really want to transfer my guys over to Gen 7.
    They don't? Wow I know the little kids at my local elementary school have them since they get allowances and parents seem to paper money is dead. Though I can get why they give kids cards and put a limit since kids would likely lose paper money and coins more than a card they know matters.

    Also thought you could just use eshop points for it. I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 30th August 2016 at 1:41 PM.
    There's a tyrant king with a reptile heart
    And he's started a wave of crime now
    From his ship high above he abducted my love
    For the fourteenth or fifteenth time now

  23. #14048
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    IRL Unova
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Before i got my debit card, i just bought $20 eShop cards, and i would save $5 dollars for next year's payment. So, yeah, that means i would have a budget of $15 to buy digital games with..
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; 2 shiny hunted, 9 happened naturally (Apparently the shiny Wingull family loves me)

    Team Moon, Team Popplio, Team Instinct

    Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

  24. #14049
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    713

    Default

    New Nintendo Direct about the 3DS on Thursday morning! Can someone please re-open the Direct thread so people can discuss and predict?

  25. #14050
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,675

    Default

    I literally made sure it was legit since I have me tricked by fake Nintendo accounts. Sadly NoA has tweeted nothing so I'm worried it is like UK only

    Hope to see news on Monster Striker,MH Stories and Dragonball Fusions all getting USA releases. Good god Fusions looks so fun to me
    There's a tyrant king with a reptile heart
    And he's started a wave of crime now
    From his ship high above he abducted my love
    For the fourteenth or fifteenth time now

Page 562 of 564 FirstFirst ... 462512552558559560561562563564 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •