Page 561 of 561 FirstFirst ... 461511551557558559560561
Results 14,001 to 14,012 of 14012

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

I've got about $200 set aside for various 3DS hardware/games. What should I buy? New/used/refurbished? I want to finally play the classic 3D Zelda games and 6th gen Pokemon games; should I bother with ORAS? Should I get Sm4sh even though I own Sm4sh for Wii U? Any feedback would be appreciated.

EDIT: OOT3D and Pokémon X are musts. No way am I getting a 2DS.
    Last edited by Cinna; 14th July 2016 at 11:15 AM.

formerly blastoiseboy19
    tumblr - twitter

A 3DS XL will run you $150, a New 3DS XL will run you $170, so if $200 is your budget and you have at least two games you must play, you may want to look into a pre-owned system.

Bother with OR/AS if you enjoy X, but I agree with starting in Kalos if this is your first exposure to Generation VI. Get Super Smash Bros. for 3DS if you really liked the Wii U build and want a similar but not identical game on a slightly smaller scope. Ocarina of Time 3D and Pokémon X are good starting points, though, because there are places to branch out from both if you enjoy them.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    You literally do not have the option to spend money on another pass until the current one runs out; you can only buy a pass if you don't currently have one active.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
    Not true, you can buy another pass while your current one is active, it just adds 365 days to your current number. Not sure how close to expiration the current pass needs to be though. I've often been prompted to get a new pass up to two weeks before the current pass expires, and it always starts the new pass once the old pass is fully done.
    thank you for the replies. i dont have to worry about losing any useable days on my current pass now. i still have a bit of time to get the 3ds renewed but i likely will get another loaded giftcard in a few weeks for the 3ds.

fc 3926 6866-2593 ign Nelliel
    fight Sawk Machoke Tyrogue
    polar pattern Vivillion

latest shiny :656:
    GMT-5hrs

So, how long do you think it will be until Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal will be on the 3DS VC?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    So, how long do you think it will be until Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal will be on the 3DS VC?
    Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they never cam out. Game Freak has had the ability to put their games on the Virtual Console for years now, and only now, with the 20th Anniversary as an incentive, did they decide to put Red, Blue, and Yellow on it. It would seem they're not to big on the idea of their games on the Virtual Console. If they do decide to do it, it wouldn't surprise me if they waited until well into Gen VII, and make Virtual Console releases a once per generation thing.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they never cam out. Game Freak has had the ability to put their games on the Virtual Console for years now, and only now, with the 20th Anniversary as an incentive, did they decide to put Red, Blue, and Yellow on it.
    How does 4 years equate to "for years now"? I don't know of an earlier system that could put GB games on the Virtual Console, and its clear that GF Pokemon games needed to be a bit modified, which is why some of us didn't think it would be done.
    It would seem they're not to big on the idea of their games on the Virtual Console.
    Like I said earlier, there was a hurdle for them to jump over.

Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    How does 4 years equate to "for years now"? I don't know of an earlier system that could put GB games on the Virtual Console, and its clear that GF Pokemon games needed to be a bit modified, which is why some of us didn't think it would be done.

Like I said earlier, there was a hurdle for them to jump over.
    Four years is still years is still quite a while. And it's not like it takes four years to design a way around the limitations. If they really cared they could have come up with the solution earlier.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Or you could look at it another way: they waited until now to put them out so that they'd work with Pokemon Bank, and now they'll release other older games on the VC with the same modifications.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    And it's not like it takes four years to design a way around the limitations. If they really cared they could have come up with the solution earlier.
    VCing an old game isn't the tip-top biggest priority for Game Freak. Also, the phrasing, "If they really cared" is a bit presumptuous. I don't think any game on VC previously had linking privileges. The Mega Man Battle Network series had modifications so they wouldn't depend on transfer content.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Or you could look at it another way: they waited until now to put them out so that they'd work with Pokemon Bank, and now they'll release other older games on the VC with the same modifications.
    Johto is what I refer to as "The lost generation".

When FR/LG came out, Johto had no modern connection until Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Now with R/B/Y (or R/G/BY in Japan), G/S/C is the only series with no connection with contemporary games.

I wonder if they can "trick" the emulation by accepting the 3DS's time.

Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

VCing an old game isn't the tip-top biggest priority for Game Freak. Also, the phrasing, "If they really cared" is a bit presumptuous. I don't think any game on VC previously had linking privileges. The Mega Man Battle Network series had modifications so they wouldn't depend on transfer content.

Johto is what I refer to as "The lost generation".

When FR/LG came out, Johto had no modern connection until Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Now with R/B/Y (or R/G/BY in Japan), G/S/C is the only series with no connection with contemporary games.

I think they can do that. It would take work, but if they can change graphics in a VC release, they might be able to pull it off.

Anything's possible. I'm not trying to exclude any possibilities, I just feel like what I was saying is a possible scenario and thought it should be pointed out.

Check it out!

My guess was that they were waiting for a "dead zone" to release them; between XY and ORAS wouldn't work, because that was only a year and they'd get caught between people still playing XY and the nadir of the marketing cycle for ORAS, so they used the larger space of time between ORAS and SM instead.

It's probably a convergence of multiple factors that kept them off for so long: what you said, Auraninja's mention of figuring out emulation, the above, and other stuff not mentioned.

Would that even be necessary? Hypothetically, there's no reason not to let that function as is.

Page 561 of 561 FirstFirst ... 461511551557558559560561