Page 565 of 570 FirstFirst ... 465515555561562563564565566567568569 ... LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,125 of 14241

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I moved these posts here because even if this thread was basically dead they sure don't belong in the Switch thread.
    Oh, thanks. I wasn't sure if reviving this thread was even possible...

~ Big adventures start with big bites ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Super Mario Odyssey - Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I'm trying to think of someone who would buy this, and I'm drawing a blank

I guess Gen VII Pokemon machine? even then, that plays on OG hardware

it's like Nintendo has a wall full of different 3DS attributes varied by revision, and they're just throwing them together to see what can extend the lifespan
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 28th April 2017 at 5:46 AM.

I don't know why this gets me excited, but it does. And I like how the commercial for it on Nintendo's YouTube channel focuses so much on Sun and Moon's playability on it. This makes me feel less worried about Pokemon moving to the Switch anytime soon. Not sure why they're waiting so long to release it though.

Credit to Satomine Night for this banner. <3

I should have seen this coming, but I didn't.

The purpose of the 2DS was to be a 3DS without the 3D. The New 2DS is a New 3DS without the 3D. It's pretty straightforward.
    I know, I just found it funny, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    And I like how the commercial for it on Nintendo's YouTube channel focuses so much on Sun and Moon's playability on it. This makes me feel less worried about Pokemon moving to the Switch anytime soon. Not sure why they're waiting so long to release it though.
    This really doesn't indicate anything of the like. Of course they're going to use Sun and Moon to advertise a new 3DS model. Combined they're the second best selling 3DS game, behind only X and Y, but they're newer, so they're the focus. The showing off of sun and Moon here has no indication one way or another about Pokemon on the Switch.
    Last edited by Bguy7; 28th April 2017 at 6:13 AM.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    This makes me feel less worried about Pokemon moving to the Switch anytime soon.
    There's no correlation between the two. What other game would you use to advertise a new hardware reversion in the family?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I'm trying to think of someone who would buy this, and I'm drawing a blank

I guess Gen VII Pokemon machine? even then, that plays on OG hardware

it's like Nintendo has a wall full of different 3DS attributes varied by revision, and they're just throwing them together to see what can extend the lifespan
    More or less. But I was expecting another hardware revision to tie in with Necrozma's game, and this should do it.

That said, there really isn't anything logically to go beyond this, so this should be the definite end of 3DS line in the next two years.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 28th April 2017 at 11:59 AM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

They can always release a regular New 2DS.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The New 2DS has a very appealing design to me. If it had been before the Switch, I probably would have bought one. Too late now.

The only 3DS family console I would consider buying now would be a "New 3/2DS Micro" if one were ever to be released. I love the Gameboy Micro for its very convenient, compact size. I can easily do soft resets in the Gen3 games using only one hand and I don't have a single pocket it can't fit in. I would love a smaller 3DS to serve the same purpose. My 3DS and 3DS XL look too bulky in dress pants and don't fit in some of my shorts pockets.
    Most recent shiny:

I will definitely get a New 2DS XL, the design and colors are cool and the price is good. I was going to get a New 3DS XL, but will pick this instead, since I don't really care about the 3D.

Banner made by Satomine Night

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Already posted that above (:

I suppose you couldn't tell by it.

what, with the bread shape?

that would've made more sense than this, tbh

Jokes aside, I seriously expect this to cover 2018.

Or at least a Micro variant.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

It's understandable. Children who aren't ready for the 3DS' 3D capabilities are probably missing out on the New 3DS' ability to play SNES VC games and built-in amiibo capabilities.

Anyways, I have a feeling 2018 will be the final year for 3DS, since the Switch has handheld mode. Before they're done, I'm hoping for another pair of Generation VII Pokemon games and a remake of Donkey Kong 64.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Volt Grunt View Post
    I love the Gameboy Micro for its very convenient, compact size. I can easily do soft resets in the Gen3 games using only one hand and I don't have a single pocket it can't fit in. I would love a smaller 3DS to serve the same purpose.
    Thing is, there's a lot more going on inside of a 3DS than there was inside of a Game Boy Advance - among other things, you need a battery of a certain physical size to power all of those extra components. Maybe a few years of technology progress allows them to use slightly smaller internal components and maybe the design team can shave a few millimeters off each dimension, but ultimately the system can only get so small. And I'm not sure it can get a ton smaller than the original 3DS, which I believe remains the smallest design of the family.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

looks like it's launching on the same date as Miitopia and Hey! Pikmin here, which are the last first-party I.P.s confirmed for retail release

that hinge, though

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    what, with the bread shape?

that would've made more sense than this, tbh
    Unfortunately XL consoles sell better for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Jokes aside, I seriously expect this to cover 2018.

Or at least a Micro variant.
    I wasn't really joking, to be perfectly honest. I imagine it will happen eventually.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhjNjLf3q_c

Neat. I wonder if Partners in Time and BiS remakes will be on Switch.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 29th April 2017 at 11:13 AM.

Probably not as the two games you mentioned makes heavy use of the DS' dual screens (Superstar Saga was a GBA game so it is not too hard to create a remake of it on the Switch).
    Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!

I have claimed Drapion, Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

^I doubt that is going to be problem considering Switch and Wii U pad have the same screen size.

I don't think the new assets are HD-ready?

Nintendo no longer offers repair services for the OG 3DS.

~ Big adventures start with big bites ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Super Mario Odyssey - Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Page 565 of 570 FirstFirst ... 465515555561562563564565566567568569 ... LastLast