Page 567 of 567 FirstFirst ... 467517557563564565566567
Results 14,151 to 14,164 of 14164

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

I heard that Nintendo's trying to make the 3DS live from 2018 and beyond. Bit of a stretch if you ask me, but I'd be willing if they made a new 3DS model that expanded the 300 digital limit to around 500, allowed GBA on 3DS VC, and had connectivity with the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    I heard that Nintendo's trying to make the 3DS live from 2018 and beyond
    Yes, it was posted two posts ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    but I'd be willing if they made a new 3DS model that expanded the 300 digital limit to around 500, allowed GBA on 3DS VC, and had connectivity with the Switch.
    That's not just a New New 3DS - that's basically entirely new hardware, when you add all of that up together.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

2017 Nintendo release timeline

That 3ds kirby game they announced last direct should also be this year, iirc. Pretty surprised they didnt show it at e3, actually.

So this happened to my N3DS..
    19427435_10212071318605728_1692217425_n.jpg

The internal screen is damaged, somehow. Despite me having no recollection of dropping it that much that it might lead to this.

Does GameStop take in consoles in this condition? L button isn't working either.

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

if lameflop takes it, you'll get maybe a few dollars for it, probably

you can get it repaired, though Nintendo charges $100 to do so

I wasn't thinking about repairing it, as I could add $50-$100 on top of that to buy a new one. Which I was thinking of doing. But ideally thought if I could use the broken one to get a little credit to use.

How reliable are refurbished consoles from them though. Might snag a themed one if I find it.

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    How reliable are refurbished consoles from them though. Might snag a themed one if I find it.
    I bought a refurbished 3DS from Nintendo two years ago for $100, and it has worked just as expected. Couldn't tell you about Game Stop though.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

For news, reviews, info on my games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon, including pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Join us as we celebrate Ash's 20th 10th Birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    I wasn't thinking about repairing it, as I could add $50-$100 on top of that to buy a new one. Which I was thinking of doing. But ideally thought if I could use the broken one to get a little credit to use.

I know they test all systems and games right there in the store before accepting a used item. They'll give you a week to bring it back if you discover a problem with it. I'm sure they'd let you have a hands on look at it before buying, which wouldn't be possible buying one from Nintendo.

You could also wait until the New 2DS XL comes out and get one of those for cheaper than a 3DS

Adventure started 11/18/16
    First Hall of Fame entry 11/27/16
    Alola Pokédex: 301/301 - completed 12/13/16
    Alola Living Pokédex completed 12/22/16
    Current hunt:

Refurbished consoles from Nintendo are in famously good condition, to the point of being virtually new oftentimes

do whatever's cheapest for you; I wouldn't throw down an extra $50 on a new console if you can get the broken one fixed, but I'm sure you're fabulously wealthy, so w/e

i have a slightly urgent question here.

i just opened my screen on my 3ds XL which is around 3-4 years old (blue model) heard an extra click when i opened it with the left side of the screen. i didnt think much of it but i noticed a piece of plastic by the right tab button. i dont slam open the top screen when open my 3ds XL but i do tend to open it with 1 hand 40% of the time with my thumb on the center of the top shell. the other times i open with thumbs on both corners. i usually keep the top screen open on the first 2 positions and rarely at a 170 degree position

it seems like the hinge might be broken now. im manually opening the screen and i see the hinge is lifting up (BC protective cover is gone/broken) and its lifting the corresponding corner of the bottom screen if i dont manually hold the hinge close to the bottom shell. i closed the shell again but i put my game card into my 2ds so i avoid any extra damage to my 3ds XL. will i need to send it out for repair or is it better to just buy a new XL with a faster processor?

here's a pic of thedamaged right corner.
    3ds hinge.jpg
    my main concern deals with the system transfer and if it also transfers my PKbank account/app to a new 3ds XL should i get a replacement system. if im correct i will likely need copy and re-input my FC list onto a new DS system. at least that way i should be able to get another shot at a full FC list for the PKMN X safari list with some time. i also did purchase a few virtual games on that 3ds: Zelda oracle of seasons, SNES Mario bros game. im not too attached to the Zelda game as much but the Mario game is more nostalgia.

the 3ds XL still has all the functionality right now, it just has a corner thats trying to split apart the bottom shell on me when i try to open the top screen from a fully closed top shell.
    Last edited by nel3; Yesterday at 5:52 PM.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

The system transfer brings just about everything over on to your new system, including accounts, downloaded software, save files and everything else. I'm not sure if it carries over your exact friend code, but that's minor.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

If anyone's still interested in refurbished quality, I bought a 20th Anniversary New 3DS - complete with the Charizard plates - just a couple days ago; it was a refurb, and it's absolutely brilliant. Great quality, new screens, everything you could ask for.
    ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The system transfer brings just about everything over on to your new system, including accounts, downloaded software, save files and everything else. I'm not sure if it carries over your exact friend code, but that's minor.
    I've done a transfer myself, and your friend code actually does carry over.

Credit to the amazing AmericanPi for the banner!
    I have claimed Dialga, Vivi Ornitier, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), and "In the Final" - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Page 567 of 567 FirstFirst ... 467517557563564565566567