Page 564 of 564 FirstFirst ... 464514554560561562563564
Results 14,076 to 14,095 of 14095

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Well considering they called it "Pikmin, Game title not final" as opposed to "Pikmin 4", one could make the reasonable assumption that it's not Pikmin 4, or they'd have just called it such.

Although in the broadest sense I suppose you could also consider it the 4th Pikmin game, but eh. That didn't stop Kingdom Hearts with their numbering system.
    I hope so, but it's not like the title for Pikmin 4 was set in stone either. I don't think they ever actually specified which console it was to be released on. But I mean, this HAS to be a spinoff. I don't think a handheld can recreate a Pikmin game very well because the giant vast world is such an integral part of it. (Although, Zelda handhelds do exist >_>)

The trailer for Pikmin 3DS reminds me a lot of playing as Olimar in SSB. xD

~ ~
    [721/721]
    Gen VI dex complete! Bring on Gen VII!
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258

Pikmin - from what I've seen It looks like side game that tries to mimic the main gimmick of the console games. I think Nintendo needed a game with Olimar in it, as we've not seen Olimar outside Smash since 2009, or 2004 depending if you count the Wii-make or not. I personally believe that the N3DS has the power do a "Proper" Pikmin game, but the Small screen would hurt playability more than Technical Reasons.

Nintendo Direct: There's a few games I may have alook at, but Most of them are too far out for me to say yes or no to getting, plus I'm thinking I should save up for somthing else.
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 2nd September 2016 at 3:57 PM. Reason: I saw chance for a Joke and edit it in!
    Twitter

MikeSharpeWriter.com
    on
    The Great Loss of Pokémon Global Link

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

^olimar was in Pikmin 3, but as an NPC rather than a playable character. (Although you could play Olimar in the multiplayer modes).

~ ~
    [721/721]
    Gen VI dex complete! Bring on Gen VII!
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm sure it's because it's a side-scrolling action-adventure game, rather than traditional Pikmin.
    Right, because a shift in perspective with the same gameplay mechanics is totally an "insult" to the series. So are Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, and Metroid Prime insults to their respective series because they went 3D?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

This Pikmin iteration can only be done this way because the 3DS cannot handle 100 AI moving all at once.

It's like trying to fit 20 Ice Climbers into Super Smash Bros.

~ Older kids need demons, not Pokémon, to prove themselves. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Special: Ace Attorney Breakdowns - 2016 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Right, because a shift in perspective with the same gameplay mechanics is totally an "insult" to the series. So are Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, and Metroid Prime insults to their respective series because they went 3D?
    That's kind of completely different. It's clear, even to someone like me who has never played a Pikmin game, that this 3DS game is much more simplified than the numbered entries. It's easy to see why people would get mad. People have gotten mad on the internet for much less than this.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I say give Pikmin 3DS a chance. Besides, it might lead to Pikmin 4.

is there any way to renew my Pokebank subscription early? i got 23 days left on it and im not getting any notice from it yet. is there any way to renew it before it sends you the alert? when will it give me the prompt/option to renew the subscription? i got a $20 eshop card redeemed to pay for the renewed subscription. BTW what happens if a PKbank account isnt renewed? from what i understand they keep the data for a certain time then delete it if its still not renewed

is there any reason why they have a pokebank unpdate version 1.2 and do i need to update my current pkbank app?

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny :656:
    GMT-5hrs

Version 1.2 added Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire functionality. Apps like that should always be kept current, and if not the system will force you to update if you try and use a game that outpaces your version of the app.

A pass lasts for 365 days from purchase. If a previous pass has not expired when a new pass is purchased, the number of remaining days from the old pass is added to the new pass. Pokémon Bank will prompt the player to purchase a new pass when the current pass is within 14 days of expiring.
    After a pass expires, Pokémon in Pokémon Bank are preserved for a period of time, but eventually they will be lost entirely if a new pass is not purchased. It is possible to connect to Pokémon Bank and withdraw any stored Pokémon without purchasing a new pass.
    http://www.serebii.net/bank/
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...%C3%A9mon_Bank

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    is there any way to renew my Pokebank subscription early? i got 23 days left on it and im not getting any notice from it yet. is there any way to renew it before it sends you the alert? when will it give me the prompt/option to renew the subscription? i got a $20 eshop card redeemed to pay for the renewed subscription. BTW what happens if a PKbank account isnt renewed? from what i understand they keep the data for a certain time then delete it if its still not renewed

is there any reason why they have a pokebank unpdate version 1.2 and do i need to update my current pkbank app?
    I actually updated my Pokemon Bank early last year. All that happens is that it adds 365 days to the current day count. There is a way to buy a new pass, I think through the EShop but it's been a while. It will give you the prompt in about a week to two weeks before it will expire. I'm not sure exactly what will happen if you don't renew, but I think you will still be able to access your Pokemon for a short amount of time, but that's all my knowledge (Thank Areceus I never had this experience). It's always good to get the updated version of the software. If not, you might encounter a glitch and might not be able to send you Pokemon anymore since it's not compatible.

I hope this and BCVM22's post help
    ~Hoping for Sinnoh Remakes~
    Banner made by yours truly~
        Spoiler:- Credit!:

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Version 1.2 added Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire functionality. Apps like that should always be kept current, and if not the system will force you to update if you try and use a game that outpaces your version of the app.

http://www.serebii.net/bank/
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...%C3%A9mon_Bank
    thank you for the reply BCVM22, i'll need to update the PKbank app on my 2DS then, thats the one im running OR on. i'll still update the 3ds one but atm its only pkmn X on that 3ds so far. i might put OR onto my 3DS later on but im limiting it to th 2DS so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    I actually updated my Pokemon Bank early last year. All that happens is that it adds 365 days to the current day count. There is a way to buy a new pass, I think through the EShop but it's been a while. It will give you the prompt in about a week to two weeks before it will expire. I'm not sure exactly what will happen if you don't renew, but I think you will still be able to access your Pokemon for a short amount of time, but that's all my knowledge (Thank Areceus I never had this experience). It's always good to get the updated version of the software. If not, you might encounter a glitch and might not be able to send you Pokemon anymore since it's not compatible.

I hope this and BCVM22's post help
    thank you, i'll try to locate that pass purchase but its seems to be hidden pretty well. i'll try check again for it, i dont want to risk anything if its avoidable. if i dont update the app i'll still be able to remove pkmn from it until they delete the data but i wont be able to add any new ones on an expired pass.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny :656:
    GMT-5hrs

I'm already preparing for when Sun and Moon come out. Once I get of the two, I'm gonna move all my Pokemon from the VC Red over, along with my party Pokemon from X, Y, OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, half of the legendary Pokemon I caught in AlphaSapphire, the other half from OmegaRuby, all the mythical Pokemon from the special 20th anniversary distributions, and whatever spots left to fill five boxes.

I'm not worried about a possible 3DS game drought next year. I'm going to be busy with Pokémon Sun and Moon well into next year and I'm thinking about getting Dragon Quest VII and VIII, Yo-Kai Watch 2 and Yoshi Woolly World. And the 3DS has a good back catalog of games you can go back to. There's a few older 3DS games I haven't played yet. So if NX comes out in March I will be playing my 3DS a lot in 2017 anyway. At least it's not like most of 2011 where the 3DS had almost nothing to play for several months.

I'm hoping that Nintendo will eventually remake Donkey Kong 64 on the 3DS. If they remade the classic Donkey Kong Country trilogy of GBA and Diddy Kong Racing on DS, then perhaps Nintendo and Rare could complete the pack, if Microsoft allows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    I'm hoping that Nintendo will eventually remake Donkey Kong 64 on the 3DS. If they remade the classic Donkey Kong Country trilogy of GBA and Diddy Kong Racing on DS, then perhaps Nintendo and Rare could complete the pack, if Microsoft allows it.
    Microsoft doesn't own DK. Rare never owned DK. Don't worry about your mistake, even Microsoft thought they owned DK when they bought Rare.

Persona 5

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Microsoft doesn't own DK. Rare never owned DK. Don't worry about your mistake, even Microsoft thought they owned DK when they bought Rare.
    Microsoft has a say in control of many of those games through Rare, however, as does Nintendo for obvious reasons, which is why we haven't seen Virtual Console or 3DS releases for many of Rare's Nintendo 64 games and why only a handful of them have seen Xbox Live Arcade releases. Microsoft and Nintendo have both been trying to release Goldeneye on their services for the better part of a decade but between that divide and issues with the Bond license, the involved parties were never able to come to a collective agreement.

So Microsoft can in fact "allow" or "disallow" it in part, ultimately, and have been doing so in part for years.

I can't imagine Microsoft ever actually thought "they owned DK" at any point in the saga.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Microsoft has a say in control of many of those games through Rare, however, as does Nintendo for obvious reasons, which is why we haven't seen Virtual Console or 3DS releases for many of Rare's Nintendo 64 games and why only a handful of them have seen Xbox Live Arcade releases. Microsoft and Nintendo have both been trying to release Goldeneye on their services for the better part of a decade but between that divide and issues with the Bond license, the involved parties were never able to come to a collective agreement.

So Microsoft can in fact "allow" or "disallow" it in part, ultimately, and have been doing so in part for years.

I can't imagine Microsoft ever actually thought "they owned DK" at any point in the saga.
    You know why MS doesn't allow Rare's N64 games on VC? Because that's dumb and doesn't benefit them when they could be putting those games on Xbox One instead, as part of the 30 games in 1 "Rare Replay" collection. I took a look at all of Rare's N64 games, and aside from the cancelled game Project Dreams, the Killer Instinct games (I think they're either available individually on the Xbox marketplace or part of the KI Season Pass), the three licensed games with Mickey Mouse and Wheel of Fortune and Bond, and the two DK games, they are all included in Rare Replay. GoldenEye 64 wholly depends on Activision, as they own the James Bond videogame rights and remade it (with Daniel Craig replacing Pierce Brosnan) several years ago.

And yes, higher ups at Microsoft literally thought they owned DK when they bought Rare.
    Last edited by Void Ventus; 26th September 2016 at 12:52 AM.

Persona 5

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    I know that. Mr. Miyamoto himself made DK. The thing is that Jetpac was in the original game, and that's owned by Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    I know that. Mr. Miyamoto himself made DK. The thing is that Jetpac was in the original game, and that's owned by Microsoft.
    Miyamoto may have created the character, but Nintendo owns the character and IP. I was looking at Wiki, and they wrote Jetpac was still playable in the VC release of DK64 last year. Maybe it was fine because Nintendo owns the IP, IDK. You'll have to do your own research.

You should probably just give up on your trilogy remake wish, especially since you wrote you want Rare to help. May I interest you in a fantastic new game Rare is working on, to be released next year on the Xbox One All-In-One Entertainment System (I wish I was paid for writing that), called Sea of Thieves?

Persona 5

You must be on the wrong thread.

Page 564 of 564 FirstFirst ... 464514554560561562563564