Page 571 of 571 FirstFirst ... 471521561567568569570571
Results 14,251 to 14,273 of 14273

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    wait you can do that? I thought it was a system level thing like the notifications and notes screen.
    I thought so too and I know you can’t get rid of Nintendo Zone either.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    wait you can do that? I thought it was a system level thing like the notifications and notes screen.

also remember when there was going to be a miiverse phone app
    good times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jigglypuff View Post
    I thought so too and I know you can’t get rid of Nintendo Zone either.
    Sorry fellas, goes to show how much I use Miiverse. Never noticed it was ever built in.

You may be able to just delete the data, though? Could solve it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Sorry fellas, goes to show how much I use Miiverse. Never noticed it was ever built in.

You may be able to just delete the data, though? Could solve it.
    there's nothing about miiverse that you can delete
    it's a system-level feature and has no extra data

Welp, guess that's that unless they decide to remove it with a system update. Only other option right now would be a factory reset. Maybe a system transfer would work, too.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Welp, guess that's that unless they decide to remove it with a system update.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what was the decision to keep the Miiverse icon up (and working) if it doesn't take you anywhere. It's pointless. Just make it to where the home menu layout had before Miiverse came to the Nintendo 3DS family of systems in December 2013.

I actually never used Miiverse but now I regret that since it looks fun. Odd choice since Switch still has miis and they kept the eshop in name though they dropped VC in Switch so yeah.
    You are the sun
    The moon in the night
    You are my everything
    Everything so right

I don’t need another Summer
    Another Spring, Another Fall
    If I have you, don’t need anything at all

They just confirmed that Detective Pikachu is getting a retail release with additional cases, and it's releasing worldwide this March. They must be doing this to get ready for the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    They must be doing this to get ready for the movie.
    The movie is a year away, so the two probably are not directly related.

Unless the international release somehow spurs the development/release of the additional chapters that were mentioned when it released two years ago and then quietly never materialized, but that's not likely for the 3DS here in 2018.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I'm looking to buy some DS games to play on my 3DS like Heart Gold, Platinum etc. and a few other non-pokemon games. I live in the U.K. and don't really wanna shell out on shipping. A lot of the online retailers I've checked are rife with bootleg/clone carts and I'm really looking for the genuine games to add to my collection. Does anyone know any good/trusted places to purchase 100% legit DS games?

Quote Originally Posted by jvl View Post
    I'm looking to buy some DS games to play on my 3DS like Heart Gold, Platinum etc. and a few other non-pokemon games. I live in the U.K. and don't really wanna shell out on shipping. A lot of the online retailers I've checked are rife with bootleg/clone carts and I'm really looking for the genuine games to add to my collection. Does anyone know any good/trusted places to purchase 100% legit DS games?
    Try your local GAME store.

Try your local GAME store.
    Cheers for the suggestion, the only thing is they won't sell them new and pre-owned I'm just as sceptical, do you know if GAME have procedures in place for not accepting bootlegged/cloned cartridge DS games?

I see so many floating around every other pre-owned games retailer round here it makes me think most game stores are ignorant to it and let people trade in these types of games and then sell them on.

Also probably worth mentioning I was actually in my local GAME not long ago and looked through their pre-owned DS section and they didn't have a single Pokemon title 0.o I do see a lot in stores like CeX but again I worry wether they're genuine or not.

Cheers for the suggestion, the only thing is they won't sell them new and pre-owned I'm just as sceptical, do you know if GAME have procedures in place for not accepting bootlegged/cloned cartridge DS games?

I see so many floating around every other pre-owned games retailer round here it makes me think most game stores are ignorant to it and let people trade in these types of games and then sell them on.

Also probably worth mentioning I was actually in my local GAME not long ago and looked through their pre-owned DS section and they didn't have a single Pokemon title 0.o I do see a lot in stores like CeX but again I worry wether they're genuine or not.
    GAME will often do a Visual check of the carts before accepting them, which will often catch most fakes. They also have a return policy.

As for CEX, from what I've seen they sell are Genuine. Mind you Most of the time I'm only able to check unboxed GBA games out.

You could try to ask to see the copy before you buy. Quite often if they're not busy, they'll show you the cart. (Remember, they get paid to make the sale, so they will try their best settle the doubts.)

The 6 carts on this image are all genuine: https://flic.kr/p/99WnMr

Does anyone know any good/trusted places to purchase 100% legit DS games?
    Online, there are none. They all carry with them the risk of counterfeit merchandise.

-----
    Words to|live by

Most pre-owned games are actually legitimate; it's rare that you'll see a retailer selling a bootlegged copy, since for the most part they visually check them for discrepancies and since bootleg cartridges are incredibly scarce compared to legitimate ones in the first place. I don't think you should be worried looking for pre-owned games, given how incredibly hard it can be to find most DS games new and unopened in 2018. Most probably can't be found at all, if I were to hazard a highly uninformed guess.
    ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

I’ve only bought a counterfeit game once and that was from eBay. I couldn’t tell from the pics it was fake and every other game I have gotten from there is legit. It was Emerald and I mostly bought it for nostalgia.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jigglypuff View Post
    and every other game I have gotten from there is legit. It was Emerald and I mostly bought it for nostalgia.
    Then you've been extraordinarily lucky in that regard.

I would heavily advise against anyone actually spending money on a used game of this ilk from a user-supported marketplace. There is still just enough secondary demand for these games and enough money to be made by producing counterfeit merchandise to try and illegitimately fill that demand, that the digital shelves are still rife with piracy. And if one still insists on doing so, make sure the marketplace (eBay, Amazon, whatever) has a firm return, refund and grievance policy in place in the (likely) event the game shows up and it turns out to be fake junk.

-----
    Words to|live by

tbh I'd just do a GameStop and return whatever doesn't work within the seven day period

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    tbh I'd just do a GameStop and return whatever doesn't work within the seven day period
    The UK doesn't have Gamestop.

The UK doesn't have Gamestop.
    whatever is equivalent, then

b+m is a lot better about returns, refunds than anything online and that should be used if not abused

Thanks for the all the advice everyone! I think I'm gonna check some other GAME stores further out and see if they have the games I'm after in stock as my local one didn't have any.

The other 2 titles I'm after are non-pokemon titles, one is "Phantasy Star 0" and the other is "Solatorobo- Red The Hunter" has anyone played these games? I've heard really good things about both, also considering a RPG I recently heard of called Nostalgia for the DS but haven't made my mind up on that one.

Thanks for the all the advice everyone! I think I'm gonna check some other GAME stores further out and see if they have the games I'm after in stock as my local one didn't have any.

The other 2 titles I'm after are non-pokemon titles, one is "Phantasy Star 0" and the other is "Solatorobo- Red The Hunter" has anyone played these games? I've heard really good things about both, also considering a RPG I recently heard of called Nostalgia for the DS but haven't made my mind up on that one.
    GAME is where I get almost all of my games and I've yet to get a counterfeit game so I'd say they're your best bet outside of buying online. I've gotten a few games from CEX as well and they've all be real so you can try them as well.

I haven't heard of Solatorobo but I do have Phantasy Star 0. The gameplay is fun and it looks pretty nice for a DS game so I would recommend getting it, especially if you like other Phantasy Star games. I imported the game in Japanese though so I have no idea what the story mode is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem Aeternam View Post
    I haven't heard of Solatorobo but I do have Phantasy Star 0. The gameplay is fun and it looks pretty nice for a DS game so I would recommend getting it, especially if you like other Phantasy Star games. I imported the game in Japanese though so I have no idea what the story mode is about.
    It would actually be my first Phantasy Star game, I found all three of those titles on Hidden gems on the DS videos on youtube when I was looking for some more titles to add to my 3DS library. I've seen gameplay though and think it looks interesting. Would you you recommend it as someone completely new to the franchise?

It would actually be my first Phantasy Star game, I found all three of those titles on Hidden gems on the DS videos on youtube when I was looking for some more titles to add to my 3DS library. I've seen gameplay though and think it looks interesting. Would you you recommend it as someone completely new to the franchise?
    PSZ is separate from other Phantasy Star games so it should be easy to get into even if you haven't played one previously. You don't need to know anything about previous games to enjoy it so I'd recommend it for newcomers to the series as well.

Page 571 of 571 FirstFirst ... 471521561567568569570571