Page 62 of 524 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 13099

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverMstr411 View Post
    UK stores are asking for Ł220 PLUS a Ł10 deposit! I imagined that even with a deposit the total cost of the console would be Ł200 at best. I can see prices being slashed if stores expect it to be a big seller at Xmas, especially as you can still get the Wii for Ł180 and the DSi for Ł97. But it matters not, as unless I get a job by late March, I won't be getting one anytime soon.
    Go to Amazon.co.uk they are selling it for Ł197. or if you can't go online go to sainsburys they are selling it for the same price. Never go to the games store they just rip you off with their over price crap.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    Are you going to put up with that price?
    Well... what should we do? The 3DS is region locked, so I don't want to be in a position of being forced to buy all my games from America. That's my (and other Aussie's) dilemma.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    Hi there. :P
    Point proven.

I'm so glad that the circle pad is compatible with DS games. It would've been extremely uncomfortable using the lowered D-Pad for DS games.

And of course, it's a big sigh of relief knowing that the 3DS works perfectly with DS Wireless. It seems like a silly thing to be anxious about, but it's really annoying to have to dig out my old GBAs and link cable if I want to trade between my 3rd Gen Pokemon games.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    And of course, it's a big sigh of relief knowing that the 3DS works perfectly with DS Wireless. It seems like a silly thing to be anxious about, but it's really annoying to have to dig out my old GBAs and link cable if I want to trade between my 3rd Gen Pokemon games.
    You were worried about wireless backwards compatibility because your DS pretty clearly didn't come with a link cable/lump port?

the pad is a nice addition. and motion/tilt sensor is nice. a varying degree of 3D is also nice. cant wait to play mariokart on this thing.
    Looking for:
    UT TRU Manaphy Timid

Friend Safari: Water - Krabby Wartortle Frogadier
    Friend Code: 4527 8754 1490

Preordered my Comso Black 3ds over a month ago, cant wait for Gen 6 on the 3ds lol

For those of you who don't read serebii's front page, IGN have declared that Black and White have new features on 3DS, as will a few other games. No mention of what they are though.

Serebii suggests they may be thinking of the DSi enhancements, which sounds more likely.

Discuss!

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by nintendude 64 View Post
    Many (including myself) get migraines when watching 3D, so this basically means that we won't get to play new games.

You turn it on/off.

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    For those of you who don't read serebii's front page, IGN have declared that Black and White have new features on 3DS, as will a few other games. No mention of what they are though.

Serebii suggests they may be thinking of the DSi enhancements, which sounds more likely.

Discuss!
    Hey how about that.
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Preordered my Comso Black 3ds over a month ago, cant wait for Gen 6 on the 3ds lol
    Not going to happen for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    Hey how about that.
    What do you know?

They annouced Cave Story/Boy? for the 3DS. Must be another of those cult following games.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    Must be another of those cult following games.
    Don't insult Cave Story.

Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon Bonaparte View Post
    Don't insult Cave Story.
    I don't think he was insulting it... It would definitely be considered to have a cult following, it's never gained much mainstream popularity.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Can you play Pokemon B/W on the 3ds?

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Can you play Pokemon B/W on the 3ds?
    You're kidding, right?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Don't insult Cave Story.
    You're just proving his point...

And yes, you can play Pokemon Black and White on the 3DS. You can play any DS game on the 3DS, in fact. Who would've thought?

I hope b&w have some special stuff on them only for the 3ds just cause it'd be funny cause bcvm22 has been telling people for weeks there aren't.
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

Quote Originally Posted by Volt Trainer View Post
    I hope b&w have some special stuff on them only for the 3ds just cause it'd be funny cause bcvm22 has been telling people for weeks there aren't.
    From IGN's own attempt at an FAQ, the cause of all of this unnecessary consternation:

CAN I PLAY MY OLD GAMES?
    A. The 3DS will be backwards compatible with all DS and DSi games. Those games will not be able to display imagery in 3D despite being used on the 3DS. However, some games, most notably Pokémon Black & White, will gain some enhanced functionality when played on the new system. These cases should be considered extremely rare, however.
    The bolded sentence is key, and the rest is equally as important. "Enhanced functionality" is a tremendously vague term, and the point has been made on this very site, they could quite easily be referring to the known DSi enhancements to the game that can in turn be replicated with the 3DS. Stuff like the video and voice chat and a few other bells and whistles. And even if they aren't, the stated fact that the 3DS will do nothing visually for Black and White indicate that even if there is 3DS functionality hidden in there somewhere, it's nothing more notable than StreetPass compatibility or something similar. And in fact, as publicity goes, it benefits Nintendo of America to try and push that sort of thing in hopes of tying Black and White to the North American 3DS launch in hopes of using the former to boost sales of the latter, quietly glossing over the fact that DSi units can do most of the same.

Furthermore, Black and White released in September and the 3DS will be out in just over two weeks in Japan. If there were some big 3DS-related selling point beyond an uptick in Wi-Fi or local wireless functionality that the 3DS can give Black and White, don't you think there would have been some note of that on the Japanese end of things by now?
    Last edited by BCVM22; 11th February 2011 at 11:28 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I know it'd just be a really funny suprising thing. Anyway I got a hardware question based on what to buy.

On march six I will have enough for both black and white games and a dsi. I was wondering should I get the dsi or save up and buy the 3ds when it comes out? Which I would have enuff money for by its realease. My current dslite is on its last legs. Im just so conflicted cause I need the Dsi for trading but then again I could wait a month to trade and get the 3ds.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

Quote Originally Posted by Volt Trainer View Post
    I know it'd just be a really funny suprising thing. Anyway I got a hardware question based on what to buy.

On march six I will have enough for both black and white games and a dsi. I was wondering should I get the dsi or save up and buy the 3ds when it comes out? Which I would have enuff money for by its realease. My current dslite is on its last legs. Im just so conflicted cause I need the Dsi for trading but then again I could wait a month to trade and get the 3ds.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Unless you have no plans to ever buy a 3DS, then buy the 3DS. With only a ~3 week gap between the release of B/W and the 3DS there's no point in buying a DSi.

Although DS Games don't get the ability to be in full 3D (obviously), at least some games get some sort of enhancement apparently. Looks like BW might actually have an enhancement. The 3DS comes out in Japan later this month, so I guess we will find out then if it is true or not. Obviously there is the Xtransceiver which they might have been talking about since you need a DSi, DSi XL and 3DS (they all have cameras), so I'm just wondering if they mean something else or the Xtransceiver.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Although DS Games don't get the ability to be in full 3D (obviously), at least some games get some sort of enhancement apparently. Looks like BW might actually have an enhancement. The 3DS comes out in Japan later this month, so I guess we will find out then if it is true or not. Obviously there is the Xtransceiver which they might have been talking about since you need a DSi, DSi XL and 3DS (they all have cameras), so I'm just wondering if they mean something else or the Xtransceiver.
    They most likely have been talking about the Xtransceiver. Don't forgot Pokémon Black and White data have been decoded and looked over and their was nothing about any 3DS enhancement.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Don't insult Cave Story.
    I wasn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I don't think he was insulting it... It would definitely be considered to have a cult following, it's never gained much mainstream popularity.
    That's why I've never heard of it.

Edit: Kid Icarus could be released on June 19th.
    Last edited by Eternal Darkness; 12th February 2011 at 2:11 PM.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Are there any enhecements for palying B/W on the DSI?

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Are there any enhecements for palying B/W on the DSI?
    Use of the camera and microphone and greater Wi-Fi compatibility.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Page 62 of 524 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast