Thread: My pokemon Heart gold team, help!

Default My pokemon Heart gold team, help!

This is my team... (I have 7 pokemon, don't know which to drop. Also, I am going to re-breed and iv/ev(help on moves and what to train with ev/iv) train them, so I'm just going to list the seven pokemon.)

Gengar (Ghastly now, bad moves.)
    -Hypnosis
    -Spite
    -lick
    -

Arcanine(Growlithe now, bad moves)
    -roar
    -ember
    -leer
    -Odor sleuth

Alakazam (Descent moves)
    -Focus punch
    -Physco cut
    -Psybeam
    -Phychc

Lapras (bad moves)
    -Confuse ray
    -Ice shard
    -Water Pulse
    -Body Slam

Roselia (Budew now, has bad moves.)
    -Absorb
    -Growth
    -Mega Drain
    -Stun Spore

Dragonite (Dragonair now, bad moves.)
    -Thunder wave
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Dragon Rush
    -Aqua tail

Rhyperior(Rhyhorn now)
    -Horn drill
    -Scary face
    -Rock blast
    -Take down

Which one of the seven should I take off my team?

Ps. I don't know what moves or items I should put on them or how to iv/ev train them.

P.s.s Thanks in advance, and sorry I need so much work lol..
    Last edited by Scop3less_Shot; 28th March 2010 at 1:50 AM.

Well thats a pretty good team I found although Rhyperriors stats at lv 100 are amazing he loses health quickly. And if you can get leftovers for them all (leftovers is an item that restores health every turn)
    <<http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFizzMonkey >>

Please click on this egg so it doesn't die

Rating on request.

Well, before I start, I think there are some key points that you should know about before making a moveset.

• Unless using a gimmick, you should generally use movesets that work with the Pok&#233;mon's best attacking stat. This means, for example, making Gengar into a special attacker as its base SpAtk is far higher than its Atk.
    • You should try to vary the types of move used on each Pok&#233;mon. For example, using multiple Psychic moves on Alakazam is a waste because it makes for very poor coverage.
    • You should see how your types work together. Try not to have too many weaknesses to one type, for example.

With that said, here are my suggestions...

~ Gengar
    This guy should always be running a Special moveset, except for Explosion and Focus Punch, which are gimmicks at best imo. For this reason, I think a moveset such as this would work well;

Gengar @ Life Orb
    • Timid Nature
    • 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Energy Ball / HP[Ice]
    ~ Focus Blast

This moveset uses some of Gengar's best special options to wreak havoc. Shadow Ball is for reliable STAB, Thunderbolt for coverage. Energy Ball is a fine choice for this moveset, but if you are willing to breed for it, then HP[Ice] is a better choice as it provides BoltBeam coverage. Finally, Focus Blast is for types like Steel and Rock that can give this set trouble, although it should only be used in an emergency as it has very low accuracy.

~ Arcanine
    This guy has a couple of options available to it. I'll list them;

Arcanine @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    • Adamant / Jolly Nature
    • 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    ~ Flare Blitz
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Thunder Fang
    ~ Extremespeed

Pure physical. The moves give you the best coverage you can get from a Physical Arcanine imo, and Extremespeed is in there for some nice priority and revenge killing. The choice of Item and Nature is yours, go with whatever matches your playstyle best.

Arcanine @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    • Rash Nature
    • I don't know the EVs because I don't play Mixed, sorry.
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Morning Sun / Thunder Fang / Iron Head
    ~ HP[Grass]
    ~ Extremespeed

Mixed. The second slot is up to you.

I'll do the rest later, because at the rate I'm going, this will come out pretty big otherwise and I expect you'd just skip through it. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Scop3less_Shot View Post
    This is my team... (I have 7 pokemon, don't know which to drop. Also, I am going to re-breed and iv/ev(help on moves and what to train with ev/iv) train them, so I'm just going to list the seven pokemon.)

Lapras (bad moves)
    -surf
    -Ice beam
    -dragon pulse
    -thunderbolt
    boltbeam, STAB and coverage.

Roserade
    -energyball
    -shadowball
    -HP fighting
    -Stun Spore
    absorb and megadrain are no good together and growth doesnt really boost fast enough

Dragonite (Dragonair now, bad moves.)
    -earthquake/roost/firepunch
    -Dragon dance
    -Dragon claw
    -Aqua tail/thunderpunch/extremespeed

Rhyperior(Rhyhorn now)
    -megahorn/firepunch
    -earthquake
    -stone edge/rock slide
    -rock polish

Which one of the seven should I take off my team?

Ps. I don't know what moves or items I should put on them or how to iv/ev train them.

P.s.s Thanks in advance, and sorry I need so much work lol..
    I would have second thoughts about roserade... there are much better grass types out there and 5/7 are weak to quake-edge also alakazam & gengar would probably die from quake-edge anyways

that's why i left aquatail on dragonite

another option is making lapras a dragon dancer and outrun any quake-edger

lapras @ leftovers/focus sash
    =water absorb/shell armour=
    ~jolly~
    202atk/252spd/56hp
    -dragon dance
    -zen headbutt
    -waterfall
    -ice shard/avalanche
    physical dragonite,salamence etc... usually use quake-edge, so ice shard/avalanche are useful, unfortunately these are the only physical ice moves available to lapras
    zen headbutt is for mach punchers and waterfall for STAB

this may not be the best set out there, but it should do for in-game
    lil' ball of spheal.

Thanks for the help, and could you do the other 4? Thanks so much

^ sure, but i'm not sure what you mean, i changed the ones that have not already been changed, and thebluerabbit is much more experienced than I so you could just wait for him to come back
    lil' ball of spheal.

^ I think he was probably talking to me. Anyway, here are the others, as requested.

~ Alakazam
    This guy was made to sweep.

Alakazam @ Wise Glasses
    • Timid Nature
    • 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Signal Beam
    ~ Focus Blast

A pretty straightforward moveset here. Four Special Attacks let you take full advantage of Alakazam's high Base SpAtk. Psychic is for a powerful STAB, while the other three attacks provide very good coverage. As with before, Focus Blast is your "last resort" move. Wise Glasses as the item since Choice Sets can get annoying IG, and Alakazam doesn't like the residual damage from Life Orb.

~ Lapras
    As with Arcanine, Lapras has a couple of options available to it.

Lapras @ Life Orb
    • Adamant Nature
    • 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Ice Shard
    ~ Return

A Dragon Dance set for a potentially powerful sweeper. I know that having a Priority Move on a Dragon Dance set sounds weird, but there's no real alternative. The EVs give you a lot of bulk, and allow you to outspeed the Neutral Base 70s after a single DD. However, you may want to up that to 80 if you want to get past Max. Spe 70s and Neutral 80s.

Lapras @ Leftovers
    • Modest Nature
    • 192 HP / 96 Def / 176 SpAtk / 44 SpDef
    ~ Surf
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Toxic

A straightforward Special Attacker. It has Surf and Ice Beam for STAB, with Thunderbolt thrown in there for maximum coverage. Finished off with Toxic, as Lapras is a bulky enough Pokémon to use it well without having to have a moveset built around it. The HP EVs let you hit a Leftovers Recovery Point +1, the 176 SpAtk EVs hit a Jump Point and have you at a reasonable 275 SpAtk, which will at least dent most things. The remaining EVs are distributed between Def and SpDef; 96 Def hits another Jump Point, and puts you at a nice 220 Def, then the remaining 44 can be dumped into SpDef.

~ Roserade
    I know very little here, so peacemaker's set is probably just as valid as mine. I think this team could use some support.

Roserade @ Leftovers
    • Timid Nature
    • 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    ~ Leaf Storm
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Toxic Spikes
    ~ Sludge Bomb

This set utilises what is, imo, the only useful Entry Hazard IG. It's a pretty straightforward set, really. Just come in, Sleep the target, then set up and hit hard with one of your two STABs. Despite its terrible coverage, I chose Sludge Bomb because of its chance of poison, making this a pseudo Double Status set.

Now, in its current state, your team has QuakeEdge weakness, as Peacemaker correctly identified and neither Rhyperior nor Dragonite will help you with this. I'd recommend something, but only if you are willing to use Pokémon outside of the ones normally found in HGSS. If you are, then tell me.

Hope it helps.

What would you consider being the sixth pokemon? I don't have my old pokemon games, so I would have to ask one of my friends for that pokemon *Sighs*. What would the last pokemon be? And btw, the only thing I don't understand is how to learn all the moves for each pokemon without cheating... (Tm's in the wild?)

^ I'm thinking that Lucario could work, as another physical Sweeper would help (although that makes this team extremely offensive), and its Ground weakness is covered by Gengar, Roserade, and Lapras. It handles Rocks, Ghosts, and Darks very nicely, too.

Lucario @ Life Orb
    • Jolly Nature
    • 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpAtk
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Extremespeed
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Crunch

As for your other question, you can probably ask around on the Trade Forums here. Although most of the suggested moves can be re-obtained in some way. Check the main site for details on where to get the TMs.

Thank you so much for all of your help.