Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Have an idea for a deck but don't have a decklist? Click here!

I have an idea for a deck but still need ideas for trainer cards and such.

For pokemon, the flygon line and celebi EX from boundaries crossed

Energies, just grass, fighting, and specials

And then trainers I'm not sure what to use

Well you should run something like this for a list

3 skyla (rare candy, level ball catcher etc, running 3 is important, running 4 might be better, depends on how it works out for you)
    4 N
    3 juniper
    3-4 cheren or bianca

2 random receiver
    3 level ball (great setup card, better then playing shaymin or emolga, reduces the amount of cards in you're deck to play the cards you need, grabing a bunch of basic's in a stage deck is like putting up cannon fodder for landorus or mewtwo)
    3 switch (I would go 4, but it depends, they will catcher you're engine alot even withoput attacking just to make certain that it's hard for you to bounce back or so called waste a card, so it's good to have 3 minimum)
    2 super rod (lets you grab three, and helps bring back the tier system
    3-4 catcher (it's great for not having to attack, even if you're running celebi it's not like flygon has alot of hp, so bringing up and stalling with bench techs or slow cards does sometimes work)
    2-3 rocky helmet (there is alot of people that would say go for the giant cape, extra 20 is kind of handy, thats newb talk I hear at the league all the time, you're dealing accumulative dmg, just keep building it up regardless, you're going to take heavy hitting damage anyways so might as well use it towards you're advantage, 1 prize to they're 2 that's all you need)
    4 rare candy (there's a reason I went 2 super rod and 4 rare candy with probably a 4-1-3 line of flygon)
    If you like crush, put in crushing hammer and enhanced hammer, the rest is up to you

this is a skeleton, and a basis behind what probably makes the engine run the best.

Edit: I would also mention, add another mainline attacker like an EX, that would help, mewtwo, landorus, keldeo, something that uses the energy flygon uses.
    Last edited by ven?; 19th January 2013 at 7:46 AM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

I'm thinking of playing 3-2-2 PS Klinklang with 1 BW Klinklang with Cobalion EX and Lugia EX (to rack up easy prize cards)

Ideas for trainers and energy lines?

I also had an idea for a Victini EX/Victini NB deck but haven't thought much about other pokemon
    PokeYami
    Make sure Wadder is your refferer!
    i don't want this moment, to ever end
    when everything is nothing, without you

Tumblr--EGC--My Anime List
    Giving away shinies/dw/event? I'll take them

For klink, 2 plasma and 2 gear shift because after testing the past couple weeks it's just better for you're after ohko rate on klinks and it gives you a faster setup option, also cobalion NV because lugia and cobalion EX are to big to have out there in the first 2 turns against decks that use virbank+ htl, benchtini etc so it's better to have something to sit out there and take that dmg for you, klink T/S/S line...

3-4 N
    3-4 juniper
    4 skyla
    2-3 colress/bianca/cheren/etc (colress is the best because this deck works on the bench)

4 rare candy
    4 ultra ball (heavy ball may be great, but ultraball + skyla lets you get everything in minus energy)
    3 catcher
    2 heavy ball
    3-4 switch/escape rope
    1 dowsing machine (people say scramble switch, that's what gear shift is for you fools)
    2-3 max potion (when you can move energy around at free will with gearshift you never lose energy to begin with)
    2 colress machine
    2-3 shadow triad

3-4 plasma energy (I'd just say more

This is a skeleton to give you an idea nice use for lugia in the format.

After a handful of packs and looking at tins/theme decks [for energies, etc]

I decided to work with Blastoise and Keldeo

Mainly because I got lucky and pulled a shiny Blast, and got a Keldeo Tin [I could have chose any; Metwo, Darkrai, Kyurem's, etc]

Have Milotic with ability to help me out also.

So thinking..

Pokemon: 15 cards
    Blastoise x2
    Wartortle x3
    Squirtle x3
    Keldeo x1
    Raikou EX[cause I pulled it] x1
    Black Kyurem[from the themed deck, he is bad tho lol] x2
    Bouffalant x2
    Electivire x1

Energies: 18 cards
    11 Water Energies
    7 Electric Energies

Trainers: --
    will roll with energy retrievals and ones who find in deck and discard. as well as draw cards, pokemon finders, and stuff like that.

Obviously a work in progress.. but im a novice, so i dont expect for this to be awesome.

Also.. a side note.. Did I do the right thing in picking Keldeo over the other Tins?

I'm thinking about making a 4-2-4 crobat pls and mewtwo ex deck, Does anybody have suggestions?

tcg@ I like this idea 4-2-4 crobat, 3 to 4 virbank, then you could go for mewtwo to fill the rest of the slot's but you could put in sigilyphs for EX counters (victini with v-create if you run in an area with a large amount of cobalion players), um at this point I guess a skeleton of a list might work

4-1-4 crobat plasma
    2-3 mewtwo EX

8 psychic
    4 DCE

4 skyla
    3 N
    2 juniper
    4 colress/cheren/bianca
    2 HTL (helps mewtwo in mirror matches)
    4 rare candy
    4 virbank
    1 dowsing machine (getting virbank back)
    1 super rod
    3-4 ultra ball/level ball

@RNG_Reporter: Hmm, I can tell you're new at this when you treat trainers with less respect then energy

Pokemon: 15 cards
    3-1-2 (You have 4 rare candy and maybe 2-3 skyla, you should be able to pull off an easy turn 2 blastoise if you run about 2-3 skyla and 3-4 rare candy)
    Keldeo x3 (even if you have to use bits of paper that have keldeo on it and black kyurem EX are better then buying cards you think you might need get a feel for the lines and see what you need first)
    Black Kyurem x2 (in a mirror match against people who will play black kyruem EX, you'd win more with this card right here
    Bouffalant x2 (you can play these terrible cards but that's you're choice)

3 juniper
    4 skyla
    4 N
    2-3 cheren/bianca/colress

4 rare candy
    2-3 e. retrieval (helps in ultra ball combos
    3 ultra ball or 2
    2 level ball or 3
    4 catcher
    1 computer search or scramble switch (they're both good cards to put in this deck
    2 max potion
    1 tool scraper

Energies: (do you know that every keldeo deck I have ever seen only runs 10-12 energy max, and it's a good count)
    9 Water Energies
    4 Electric Energies
    Last edited by ven?; 18th March 2013 at 6:31 AM.

Thanks for the help. Yeah I'm a novice with the cards.
    Will buy some of those cards individually on troll and toad for sure. Thanks for the help.

I was wondering if a Crobat based deck would actually work. Something like Crobat paired along with Virbank City GYm, the Venipede family (for their poison point) and Girtatina. Would it work? And if it would, what other cards should be used alongside them?
    I'm quite new to the tcg and I would really appreciate any help in building the deck before I actually start attempting to collect the cards.
    "And the salt in my wounds isn't burning anymore than it used to. It's not that I don't feel the pain, it's just I'm not afraid of hurting anymore. "- Paramore<3

Giratina and crobat do work together. Then again having the auto poison cards messes up crobat because you can't stack poison, one poison condition just replaces another. I never tested this decklist out so Idk (then again I haven't tested most of the decklists I put on this thread but I know they'll work, I never tested my list from last weekend and went 3-1, so that doesn't stop me). This is a skeleton.

4-1-4 Crobat pst
    3-4 Giratina pst
    2 Mewtwo EX

(I can't stress enough a good supporter line, just 9-10 minimum amount of either shuffle or draw supporters is so flipping handy in getting stuff going ASAP)
    3 N
    4 Cheren
    2 Professor Juniper (this is what I find to be the revolving door supporter, alot of people either hate or like, and in any case just find it useful when you have 1-2 or 3 cards left in hand and don't mind discarding them, alot of people say run 4 but that's a preference I find)
    2 skyla (I don't like this card, but that doesn't mean that it won't work well for you)
    2 Colress

4 Pokemon Catcher
    3-4 switch
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Virbank City Gym
    1 Computer Search ACE SPEC
    3-4 colress machine (this is what makes this deck so fast)

Energy
    7-9 Psychic Energy
    4 plasma energy
    Last edited by ven?; 2nd April 2013 at 5:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    Giratina and crobat do work together. Then again having the auto poison cards messes up crobat because you can't stack poison, one poison condition just replaces another. I never tested this decklist out so Idk (then again I haven't tested most of the decklists I put on this thread but I know they'll work, I never tested my list from last weekend and went 3-1, so that doesn't stop me). This is a skeleton.

4-1-4 Crobat pst
    3-4 Giratina pst
    2 Mewtwo EX

(I can't stress enough a good supporter line, just 9-10 minimum amount of either shuffle or draw supporters is so flipping handy in getting stuff going ASAP)
    3 N
    4 Cheren
    2 Professor Juniper (this is what I find to be the revolving door supporter, alot of people either hate or like, and in any case just find it useful when you have 1-2 or 3 cards left in hand and don't mind discarding them, alot of people say run 4 but that's a preference I find)
    2 skyla (I don't like this card, but that doesn't mean that it won't work well for you)
    2 Colress

4 Pokemon Catcher
    3-4 switch
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Virbank City Gym
    1 Computer Search ACE SPEC
    3-4 colress machine (this is what makes this deck so fast)

Energy
    7-9 Psychic Energy
    4 plasma energy
    Thank you very much. This was extremely helpful.(:
    "And the salt in my wounds isn't burning anymore than it used to. It's not that I don't feel the pain, it's just I'm not afraid of hurting anymore. "- Paramore<3

Okay so I haven't been to the forums in a LONG while but for months, I have been considering getting back into the TCG. I actually stopped playing the TCG during the late 2000s as at the time, the fanbase here in sunny Singapore was scattered and there wasn't a league around at the time until Team Robo got formed in 2010.

Anyway, I haven't got much ideas yet but I'm looking to build a deck for future competitive playing (Play! Pokémon tournaments like the World Championships for example). It's crazy since I'm just starting to get back into the TCG but I wanna do it.

As for what kind of deck, I'm specifically looking for one that allows me to use Hydreigon (My favorite Pokémon) and Dragon-type (My favorite type from the video games). I am also looking for a deck that can survive to the forthcoming 2013-2014 Modified format rotation. I understand that the 2013-2014 format hasn't been announced yet and we're months away from it but I want a deck that either possibly allows me to use all cards in my deck when the new format commences or minimizes the amount of modifications to my deck as much as I can.

Anyway, I know this post pretty vague but I'm quite a newbie at this and it's been years since I've played the TCG so I don't know exactly what kind of strategy I wanna make use of.
    Last edited by Ore-sama; 16th May 2013 at 4:24 PM.
    Hello friends!!! Ore-sama is here!!!

Ore-sama@, I have bad news and bad news, to make a format deck with hydregion is currently very iffy as energy trans hydregion might be going out of rotation very soon (the deck is darkrai EX/hydergion, darkrai EX is one of the top tier cards so even just making a deck with darkrai might be a good idea). As for dragon type decks, the only one that comes to mind outside of using TDK would be rayeels, however when September 9th rolls around we will no longer be able to play rayeels as it's engine will be rotated out. And that sums it up. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the truth must be said.
    Last edited by ven?; 23rd May 2013 at 8:07 AM.

I want to try making a deck based around Thunderus EX (plasma) and Lugia EX.

I have a couple ideas of using Jolteon (plasma) and putting items such as the Shadow traid and Frozen city in.

But that's about it. Any ideas?
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

This sounds like alot of things I just recently tested the past 2-3 weeks, so I'll give you a re-modded skeleton from a TDK version I tested.

3 thundurus EX
    3-4 deoxys EX
    1-2 lugia EX
    2-3 kyurem or absol
    1 keldeo

4 DCE
    4 WLFM blend
    4 prism energy
    2-3 DCE
    or
    4-5 electric
    3-4 water
    4 prism
    2-3 DCE

3 N
    4 Juniper
    1-2 colress
    1-2 skyla
    2 shadow triad
    3 colress machine
    4 plasma ball
    2 float stone
    3 Hypnotoxic Laser
    4 2 virbank/2 frozen city
    1 super rod

I want to make a fun deck with Darkrai EX/Sigilyph/Mewtwo EX/Darkrai FA (BW73)
    PokeYami
    Make sure Wadder is your refferer!
    i don't want this moment, to ever end
    when everything is nothing, without you

Tumblr--EGC--My Anime List
    Giving away shinies/dw/event? I'll take them

Darkrai EX/Sigilyph/Mewtwo EX/Darkrai FA... ok a skeleton

2 darkrai bw73
    3 darkrai EX
    2 sableye
    2 sigilyph
    1-2 mewtow EX
    1 keldeo EX

8 dark energy
    3-4 DCE

3-4 N
    4 juniper
    3 bianca/skyla
    2 Random receiver
    4 ultra ball
    3 e switch
    4 dark patch
    3 catcher
    1-2 super rod

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    Ore-sama@, I have bad news and bad news, to make a format deck with hydregion is currently very iffy as energy trans hydregion might be going out of rotation very soon (the deck is darkrai EX/hydergion, darkrai EX is one of the top tier cards so even just making a deck with darkrai might be a good idea). As for dragon type decks, the only one that comes to mind outside of using TDK would be rayeels, however when September 9th rolls around we will no longer be able to play rayeels as it's engine will be rotated out. And that sums it up. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the truth must be said.
    This. Post is so backwards.

1) For Hydreigon to rotate out darkrai must also rotate out. as it is one set behind.
    2)Hydreigon is from DRX which either itself or DEX will be rotated to. If they follow the closest "pattern" we have.
    3)You couldn't play Rayeels if Hydreigon was rotated out because it would ALSO have rayquaza rotated.

Just making facts facts. Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

I want to make a deck based around Klinklang (plasma storm) and Terrakion ex. (Basically a deck to defend against ex's like Darkrai)

klink doesn't work with terrakion because it's ability only works on steel type pokemon, IE klingklangs ability plasma steel reads "Prevent all damage done to your metal pokemon by attacks from your opponents pokemon-EX", if you want decks to auto win darkrai there is quad snorlax, it's ability shuts down darkrai's ability, play 4 HTL, 3-4 shadow triad (to get back the HTL),2-3 virbank, dowsing machine, sableye?, there is also quad sableye, 3 buffolant with buffor, where you use ultra ball, e.swtich, DCE, + htl for 150 turn 1 (would have to use juniper to pull it off, 4 HTL, 3 virbank, but I'll put down an interesting list at the request of terrakion EX

1-2 Terrakion EX
    2 victini EX
    2-3 terrakion NV (we have shinny terrakion so it will be playable after rotation)
    1 white kyurem EX (150 +htl/virbank for 180, pretty beefy for an end game or to shut there only attacker down)
    (I'd suggest adding in 2 buffolant to deal with the EX wall much faster, but terrakion shuts down darkrai so, it depends on what you're facing more of, in tournament I'd suggest it against all kinds of decks if you do)

6 fire energy
    8 fighting energy

3 N
    3 juniper
    3 Bianca
    2 skyla/colress

3 pokedex
    4 ether
    3 heavy ball
    1 victory piece (speed), computer search (setup)
    4 HTL
    2 virbank
    1-2 max potion
    2 super rod
    2 e. switch
    2 max potion
    4 switch
    2-3 catcher
    2-3 e. switch

Please note that this is a skeleton. If you want a klink list with various techs I can put that up as well. Klink does have a good matchup against darkrai, however this deck is made for a fast setup against darkrai to shut down with basics for the win w/o the use of EXs, use victini to pump energy to the basic terrakion NV (the ones with retaliate so you can deal a consecutive 90 w/o using the 3 energy all of the time, minimalizing you're loses if the retaliate terrakion is taken out the turn afterwards), then use terrakion EX to pump up heavy energy burn cards like white kyurem EX or even rayquaza EX if you wanted to (you would have to put in an electric energy or blend/prism though).

I want to make another deck. I have 3 of the Pokémon decided, but I need more help.
    The theme is....
    'I hate EX's!'
    This deck is solely built around murdering EX decks.
    The three Pokémon:
    Latias EX (For the ability...)
    Bouffalant (Gold breaker + ability)
    Sigiliph (Ability. Immune to EX Pokémon)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Does anyone have a basic setup for a Team Plasma deck? I'm thinking I might have best luck making a Dark/Fire build, but a basic setup to get me started would really be appreciated.

Cards I have/am thinking of using:

Team Plasma Ball
    Frozen City
    Ghetsis
    Shadow Triad

Team Plasma Energy

Hydreigon
    Absol
    Heatran EX
    Chandelure
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

You'll definitely want the Team Plasma eeveelutions in there, probably with 'Signs of evolution' eevees.

I want to try and make a deck with just Virizion ex and Genesect ex in it, but I'm not sure what trainers I should use.

kyle72686/Shayminslicker@ I figured that this would be easier to respond to both then just one at a time, after testing both decks TDK and genesect/virizion, the engines are fairly universal, there is some things different like the fact that genesect runs 2-3 shadow triad with 2 skyla, or TDK is more of a technical deck into running HTL, catcher, and bangle respectably. This is a list from the rate my deck, after testing the trainer engine is very universal, I always encourage testing.

4 kyurem
    4 deoxys EX
    1 thundurus EX

4 plasma
    4 prism
    6 water energy

4 juniper
    4 N
    2 shadow triad
    2 Bianca
    1 colress
    3 plasma ball
    4 colress machine
    3 HTL
    2 virbank
    4 switch
    3 catcher
    1 super rod
    1 computer search
    1 tool scrapper (2-3 of this should be run since silver mirror is off so you can deal the 200 with G-booster)
    2 max potion

Janice Quatlane@ wait you mean a troll deck right, because I've been testing the mofo mecha of all troll decks (I think), it revolves around the new suicune and silver mirror so EX+team plasma lock with keldeo EX to shutdown status lock, hehehe they're gonna hate me at league today. So I like to start off with suicune with the silver mirror and shell shield squirtle on the bench (so they really can do anything unless they catcher, even still they can only deal dmg to squirtle.

4-0-4 blastoise
    2 suicune PLB
    3 keldeo EX

14 water energy

4 juniper
    3 colress
    3 Bianca
    2 skyla
    2 silver bangle (if you're in an area with lots of garbo/darkari, take this out for tool scrapper, also run 3-4 tool scrapper)
    2 silver mirror (If you want to run a true troll deck you could run 3-3 bangle-mirror just by removing the 2 max potion
    3 catcher
    2 max potion
    2 e. retrevial
    4 rare candy
    4 ultra ball
    1 scoop up cyclone (the card that makes the 3-3 tech even easier to run in this deck w/o max potion)

1) For Hydreigon to rotate out darkrai must also rotate out. as it is one set behind.
    2)Hydreigon is from DRX which either itself or DEX will be rotated to. If they follow the closest "pattern" we have.
    3)You couldn't play Rayeels if Hydreigon was rotated out because it would ALSO have rayquaza rotated.
    0. You asked for this, I swear to god you asked for this.
    1. Darkrai is a tin promo that is under a year old, even if we we're dragons exalted on we would still have darkrai
    2. 4 sets per usual rotation to make up 1 year (every 4 months we get a set), dark explores is the 5th set and dragons exalted is the 6th set that doesn't make any sense per usual rotation.
    3. Are you serious, like come on, read you're posts or check sets, because I'll admit I'm never on my mark all the time about sets which is why I get corrected "alot" at league a lot of the time, but still that's just stupid.
    4. Next destines - on so none of this matters
    Last edited by ven?; 19th August 2013 at 3:22 AM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast