Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Have an idea for a deck but don't have a decklist? Click here!

I really want to build something with reuniclus or krookodile but I don't know what to build :\
    I have the green starter deck from black and white and lots of the rares, commons and uncommons but nothing from older sets
    please help the newbie?

I have a BW Ultra rare Reshiram and want to build a team around it. I only want to use BW Pokemon and I have a lot of them
    Emboar or Typhlosion prime and reshiram, continuous tko dmg, there's various decklist's on this deck startegy, I suggest you take this deck list with a grain of salt

I really want to build something with reuniclus or krookodile but I don't know what to build :\
    I have the green starter deck from black and white and lots of the rares, commons and uncommons but nothing from older sets
    please help the newbie?
    Those two cards is a deck list in itself, running 4-3-4 krookodile with 2-2-2 reuniclus and 1 or 2 120, or 130 hp basic's + seeker is a good strategy, as for T/S/S, sticking with 3 collector, 4 communicator, 4 juniper or copycat and 4 rare candy as a skeleton.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

thanks for the advice
    few questions: whats collector, whats seeker and what does T/S/S mean?
    also I'm assuming where you say 4/3/4 you mean 4 sandile, 3 krokorok and 4 krookodile?
    same with 2/2/2 of the reuniclus chain?
    gentlementlefish

I am thinking about building a deck based around mew. Sorry if that is a bit vague.

What I think that would be amazing is that once Beartic comes out along with pokemon catcher I could run Cinccino and Zoroark with it. They all run double colorless and as a tech I could put in special dark as well as putting in one each of cleffa and tyrogue. so here's the general skeleton.

Pokemon
    3-3 Beartic
    2-2 Zoroark
    3-3 Cinccino
    1 Cleffa
    1 Tyrogue
    1 Crygnogol

S/T/S
    4 Sage's
    4 Communication
    3 Junk Arm
    2 Energy Retrieval
    2 Switch
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    3 Pokemon Collector
    1 Juniper
    3 PONT (Pont stands for Professor Oak's New Theory.)
    1Flower Shop Lady/or 2 Seeker.
    Energy
    4 DCE (Double Colorless)
    2 Special Dark
    8 Water Energy

Just room for one more card. A tech Maybe. (Not counting the two seeker.)
    How do you like that?
    Last edited by Hojinisabeast22; 1st August 2011 at 7:54 PM.
    EELEKTROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm the best kid in the world. Okay? Any objection? Hmm..., over 9000. Oh....

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

So I hace couple deck ideas that id like some opinions on. As a side note I only have black and white cards. With the new set comin out soon I feel like getting a lot of last years cards would be a waste.. But anyways..

Idea 1
    Id like to utilize mandibuzz's blindside somehow. So I was thinkin maybe samurott with pike and zebstrika with electrispark or whatever it was. Or is 3 colors not recommended?

Idea 2
    Reuniclus, I love it. Its alakazam pretty much from the first set. For him id like to use zekrom and reshiram for the outrage. Being able to adjust my attack power to meet the hp of my opponent seems fun. And maybe galvantula for leech life to heal away 40 dmg at a time., with revenging bouffalants thrown in there.

Let me know what you guys think about those general ideas.
    Pokemon White FC: 5114 2794 1788
    I be all night!
    Pokemon VCG 2011 - Round 1: (haha top 50% of my age group around the world?) Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by xScruffyx View Post
    So I hace couple deck ideas that id like some opinions on. As a side note I only have black and white cards. With the new set comin out soon I feel like getting a lot of last years cards would be a waste.. But anyways..

Idea 1
    Id like to utilize mandibuzz's blindside somehow. So I was thinkin maybe samurott with pike and zebstrika with electrispark or whatever it was. Or is 3 colors not recommended?

Idea 2
    Reuniclus, I love it. Its alakazam pretty much from the first set. For him id like to use zekrom and reshiram for the outrage. Being able to adjust my attack power to meet the hp of my opponent seems fun. And maybe galvantula for leech life to heal away 40 dmg at a time., with revenging bouffalants thrown in there.

Let me know what you guys think about those general ideas.
    Well for your first idea, some Pokemon have pokepowers that can damage any pokemon they choose, but I think B/W is lacking in those. I recently faced a deck like that. Targeting the weaker benched Pokemon and being able to pound them with HGSS Kingdra on the bench and Mandibuzz. Leaves your opponent no where to hide. If you are really dedicated on that, getting previous sets would be helpful, but I would wait around for the new set, maybe a Pokemon with Sand Stream or something.
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

Quote Originally Posted by marcuzi-hates-you View Post
    thanks for the advice
    few questions: whats collector, whats seeker and what does T/S/S mean?
    also I'm assuming where you say 4/3/4 you mean 4 sandile, 3 krokorok and 4 krookodile?
    same with 2/2/2 of the reuniclus chain?
    Sorry, he used some non newbish terms there. Collector he means Pokemon Collector (lets you pick 3 basics from ur deck) Seeker is another supporter (lets you and your opponent pick up a pkm from the bench) and by T/S/S he means Trainer/Supporter/Stadium Cards. And you were correct with 4/3/4 and 2/2/2

Credit to Robert

Quote Originally Posted by kurativ View Post
    Hi guys! I'm a total newb at Pokemon TCG and just bought the new Serperior deck and decided I want to base it on it. I also want to convert the deck into a full grass energy reliant deck rather than the mixture of psychic/grass. Any suggestions on good grass cards I could mesh in place of the psychic type?
    Thanks in advance!
    Maractus I know is a good card, and a basic at that. I would look for Simisage or Lilligant to go with your Pokemon that cant evolve. Don't forget, you dont need to make more grass line. You could make a Stoutland, Unfezant or Cinncino line. Just some things to think about. Good luck!

Credit to Robert

Hey guys im looking for a preferably basic or stage one evolution that only takes colorless to do a beast attack or help search my deck for pokemon or recycle cards back into my deck
    My shiny pkmn vids and guide-->http://www.youtube.com/user/PkmnHu

Some of you may have known me before here as the guy who tried to make a Fire Deck revolving around recycling and reusing Energies. I just wanted to say...I have evolved from that; I now use a modified Fire deck involving both Ninetails (ability and non-ability) in the HS series and recycling and distributing Fire Energies.

I'd like to turn that recycling and distributing of Energies to a modified deck mainly comprised of Fighting types. The star of that deck would be the Roggenrola line in Emerging Powers packs, consisting of Roggenrola (Harden & Headbutt), Boldore (Smack Down & Power Gem), and Gigalith (Shear & Rock Bullet). What's a good set of cards that can help support this Roggenrola line and the idea of distributing many Energies to different Pokemon in one turn?
    Last edited by Kaji Motomiya; 14th September 2011 at 5:26 AM.

When Satoshi becomes a Pokemon Master,
    he's going to have to learn
    to regulate loving all of his Pokemon.
    Pokemon 650, DP 182
    Screenshot from YouTube

Hey guys, I actually want to make an Arceus deck cause it seems pretty interesting at least to try it up online, but I have NO idea whatsoever on what to include in it, so basically I just want to make a deck that finds pokemon and puts them in your hand so you can play it, any advice/tips on what pokemon/trainers what to add? Thanks!

@kaji: The deck you're mentioning is very off balance, however the best idea is to setup the deck as a mill deck with 20 minimum energy, 13-15 minimum pokemon and energy recycle, 4 burnt tower, synergy/redraw, 4 junk arm and energy search cards as you can, the reason behind this because, you're discarding you're deck to setup you're pokemon there fore you don't have to just make the energy recyclable but the deck as well. Suggestion for cards would be

.Kyogre & groudon legend (the mill strategy that work's either towards gigaliths ideals or against it, this is also nothing more then a tech to setup gigalith, with cards like shaymin UD speed's up the process, considering that in theory this is nothing more then a basic)
    .Ambipom TR, just like KGL it's an either way card, but how does this help, will it defines it's line in this deck by making it hard for you're opponent to play against you while you setup gigalith.
    .shaymin UD, you're playing with big energy, and it's always better to have pokemon help with the setup, not to mention but being ready for the tko, or always serving up a fresh attacker, its the mainline of big energy decks like this.
    .electrode prime, energy spam, if you set you're deck up in a way or even not, you can get 7 energy plus rare candy and you're running instant gigalith at 180 base attack, move energy 200+ attack.

@Water Adept: Cards that help move pokemon to you're hand has to do with how you run you're t/s/s line, since I run trainer lock, whats running through my head is not really helpful but check a tier 1 T/S/S line

this is for a reshiram typhlosion deck)

4 Junk Arm (TR) (trainer)
    4 Pokemon Communication (HS) (trainer plus the current staple of ANY teir 1 to 3 deck)
    3 Rare Candy (UL) (trainer)
    3 PlusPower (BW) (trainer)
    3 Pokemon Catcher (EP) (trainer)
    4 Professor Oak's New Theory (HS) (supporter/hand restore)
    4 Pokemon Collector (HS) (supporter/basic pokemon setup)
    2 Professor Juniper (BW) (supporter/ hand restore)
    2 Cheren (BW) (supporter/hand increase)
    2 Sage's Training (CL) (supporter/hand increase)

Basically use supporter's to referesh you're hand and trainer's to search there's also cards like dual ball and great ball that greatly help, but don't help this deck's strategy, also considering that he play's against trainer lock.

Default A little help

My friend is in a tizzy trying to think of a way to incorporate Kyogre and Groudon EX into a deck. Any ideas?

Pokemon Black2 Team:
    Pokemon White Team:
    Pokemon SoulSilver Team:

@cow434: Incorporation, I see groudon and kyogre being the highlights of future deck's, they're attack's and attack speed's out weigh anything with type and strategy variance in the current format, that being said if you're playing a current tier 1-3 deck then just have groudon in you're deck, make's for an excellent zekrom counter at t3.

Also I do hope that groudon is in the next set over mewtwo, why because groudon is more of a beast then mewtwo is.
    Last edited by ven?; 6th October 2011 at 5:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cow434 View Post
    My friend is in a tizzy trying to think of a way to incorporate Kyogre and Groudon EX into a deck. Any ideas?
    Long story short, I'm this friend and I'd like to elaborate more on what I meant with Groudon and Kyogre EX.

I wasn't playing the TCG when the old exs were the thing, but I've heard running only EXs isn't a great thing because of the 2x take on the prize cards if things go wrong. To get to the point though, I was wondering if running a deck completely surrounding Kyrogre and Groundon EX would be tier 1, and if not what would be. I'm thinking of using those two EXs with the BW Reuniclus, and something else that's powerful and sets up nice and fast, or perhaps Hydreigon? Suggestions/opinions? I've only been playing since May this year, so I haven't built that many decks yet.
    Last edited by GlimmerFatalis; 6th October 2011 at 4:31 PM.
    Currently running Steelicus. =D

Hydreigon
    That cards to slow for his kind of format, and beside's it's nothing more then a pop card that'll just sit in everyones binder, make about 1-4 tourny's and nothing more. Can they make a tier one deck?

Possibly with a solid start up and strong offense then yes for groudon but I'm not so certain for kyogre. The reason why I pit groudon is due to the fact that initially it's first and second attack set eachother up in a way where you're tearing down the magic number of 130 hp by turn 2, with reuniclus would majorly be effective with a couple reshiram and zekrom with max potion and ssu or seekers to take the heat, either that or free retreat cards like a 1-1 line of dodrio and seeker's. The setup, groudon can benefit from setting up a strong foundation with tornadus or donphan. Now I know that alot of people get it stuck in they're heads to call donphan a stand alone card but donphan is a tech card always has been always will be. That being said tornadus set's up various counter's in combination with donphan that can take on any kind of current format deck due to type advantage, in setting up with groudon it gives groudon the the time due to the fact that these cards don't ask for much energy to attack and tornadus could in theory setup groudon while attacking at the same time if you have no rescue energy in hand. Either that or just run cleffa and run groudon with 2-3 twins to set him up asap, or gigalith with shaymin ul to switch the fighting energy to groudon, but that setup seems way to slow, or electrode prime, various different ways of getting around that t2 to t3 attack. Kyogre, if it where to be paired with groudon don't put any more then 2 in the deck as you want to run it as a tech card to get easy and fast tko's late game while you're opponent is trying to setup again after groudons rampage.

So what we're looking at is this as a skeleton
    3/4 groudon EX
    1/2 kyogre EX
    1-1-1 reuniclus b/w (if you add in the metagross ul for no retreat then run this at 2-1-2)
    1/2 tornadus ep (this also works with reuniclus and seeker or ssu instead of the reshi or zekrom idea)
    1-1 or 2-2 donphan prime
    or 3/4 cleffa hgss or col (you want this much to out weigh having to play groudon T1, if you think it's to much play juniper to get rid of them mid game)

4 switch or 1-1-1 metagorss Ul + seeker's
    4 max potion
    2/4 evolite
    Last edited by ven?; 7th October 2011 at 8:52 AM.

Well an unlimited deck with power tree, Magnzone LX and Heatran LX(see how it works!)
    Preferably lacking special NRG
    What do these pokemon have in common? Put it in your own siggy if you know. Created by Power464646.

I claim Balla da li n00bs!
    I claim Kabutops!

Default Eelektrik Possibilities

As you probably know, we're getting a mirror to Red Collection in the form of Noble Victories soon, and one card has irritated me from the beginning. Eelektrik, with its ability of putting an electric energy from your discard pile to one of your pokemon. Basically, a better Typhlosion, but there are no obvious cards to pair it with. Any ideas? It must be good for something.
    My ideas:
    Eelektrik + Magnezone ?
    Eelektrik + Thunderus ?
    White FC: 4599-5688-7983
    Go to http://greyanimebeast.deviantart.com...nly=1#comments for the most amazing picture ever!

Default I reappear!

Hi guys.
    I now have some experience in the TCG, and I was wondering.... Is there any possible way to utilize CoL Ampharos with Magnezone Prime? Utilizing a freakton of energies, I think it could be good. Any ideas to help frame my idea?

Pokemon Black2 Team:
    Pokemon White Team:
    Pokemon SoulSilver Team:

I have a deck idea on using audino + fliptini in a deck to try to OHKO any card. Basically, you flip for each energy (using energy acceleration boar) and if you don't KO, use fliptini. Maybe special darkness/pluspowers and a zororak line for backup on dragons. Also, eviolite.

Skeleton:

4 Audino
    2-1-3 Emboar
    3/4 fliptini
    2-2 zororak

Trainers:
    Rare Candy
    Eviolite
    Pluspower

4 DCE
    When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Seems OK, but you'll need 4 revives or something to make it work, and even then you need more than one back up attacker.
    Seems like its possibly quite good.
    White FC: 4599-5688-7983
    Go to http://greyanimebeast.deviantart.com...nly=1#comments for the most amazing picture ever!

Possibly in a mewbox to hit goth for weakness? But it ruins the eviolite, as it gives audino 110HP.
    When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

If anybody wants to know how my deck idea works, magnezone does 80 damage and paralysis each turn!
    What do these pokemon have in common? Put it in your own siggy if you know. Created by Power464646.

I claim Balla da li n00bs!
    I claim Kabutops!

@ lumos: Eelektrik + Magnezone ? YES
    Eelektrik + Thunderus ? NO

Since electrik is a stage 1 at 90 hp, it's only uses are in speed deck's to setup and additional energy but can easily get tko'd pretty easily giving you're opponent an easy prize.

@teh_original_pikachu: Best mewbox I see run's muk and sludge drag and jumpluff (really effective against gothi considering that gothi needs a big bench to run, 220 t1), I play against another that run's gengar and lost world, some things to consider ( I also kick mew's in the balls).

If anybody wants to know how my deck idea works, magnezone does 80 damage and paralysis each turn!
    80 dmg and paralyze? magnezone only deals in 50's, hench why he's ball'n.
    Last edited by ven?; 6th November 2011 at 6:29 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast