Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Have an idea for a deck but don't have a decklist? Click here!

I want to make a deck with Toolbox Sigilyph and Tooldrop Trubbish.
    White FC: 0476 1152 1599

I want to make a deck with Toolbox Sigilyph and Tooldrop Trubbish.
    I have tested this engine, I find sableye/trubbsih is the best way to go so you can stall with garbo and the enhanced hammer against plasma decks with nothing but special energy lines (deck really shuts down DK as it only use's special energy). So I'll give you a darkrai garbo engine, it's really the same thing, sigilyph is well, for a short term use, really easy to shut down and not worth play at all (so many top tier thing's and even low tier things shut it down, and you really need to keep it on the bench to make things happen and that's where people just like to take advantage of it, you could run mr.mime but catcher will really destroy it over all).

3 Sableye DEX (grabs tools back from opponent's that are using tool scrapper)
    4 Trubbish (tool trubbish PLS 65)
    3 Garbodor DRX (ability lock)
    2 sigilyph (I still added it in just in case you want to run it)

Trainers - 39
    4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    3 Random Receiver
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Dark Patch
    4 Float Stone
    2 silver bangle
    3 Pokémon Catcher
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Switch
    1 Tool Scrapper
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    1 Computer Search
    2 Virbank City Gym
    x level ball (whatever you have remaining)

Energy - 9
    9 Darkness

You could take out cards to add in darkrai but it's not really needed, if you have elesa, which isn't that common of a card since it's in Japanese only, it's a really key card for this deck grabbing 3 tools from you're deck, however you could just run the regular supporter line and get a chance of drawing more then 3 per turn, if you do want to add elesa just take out the RR (random receiver) or the skyla (preferred) just so it doesn't destroy the decks synergy.
    Last edited by ven?; 24th August 2013 at 7:42 AM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

I want to make a deck featuring the Crobat from plasma freeze and virbank city gym.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Shayminslicker@ I made a list for that on the 6th page of this thread (as an option for the list you could take out mewtwo and run deoxys instead for more power).

Im looking to make a deck using the newer cards from the X and Y sets. Looking at the cards that we know to be in them currently, i am thinking of playing a greninja, kingdra, empoleon spread using cradily to bench them. My issue is that it takes a few turns to set up. How can I solve this problem. Knowing that Evolution Soda is coming in play I will be able to play that in order to get cradily out faster. Should I stick with the ultraball and root fossil combo to get lileep on the bench or do you suggest the lileep twist mountain method. There are so many decisions that need to be made here.

Im also thinking about Delphox/Emboar combo for energy acceleration. Also a greninja/ Dusknoir type deck with chandlure also.

Suggestions would be much appreciated. There is still time before the sets come out but I want to be prepared

Yes you should stick with being able to discard lileep turn 1, don't take out the ultra ball, twist mountain is a. only works for one card in you're deck overall, doesn't bring much in terms of universal synergy for the deck, b. to easy to counter with other players playing stadiums, c. to flippy to use successfully where as discarding it with ultra ball is far more consistent if you where to play 3 of each ultra ball and lileep. it is possibly better to run some piplup, use the evolutionary soda for empoleon and discard the lileep that way.

Not everything for X and y has been released its hard to make a list for something we don't know because we haven't seen, there could be better cards to make this list with.

I'm thinking of playing Salamence. I have two Scornful Storm and one Breakwing, but I'm not sure what else to run with it. I'm thinking something with Ghetsis and then start forecasting XY with what's been spoiled. Any ideas?

I'm thinking about a deck that requires Damage swap Reuniclus along with Mew EX and the Gardevior from Legendary treasures.

Ideas?

Hi i like to try a grass deck but not the tipical virizion ex and genesect ex

and more like mewtwo ex, virizion ex, genesect from legendary treasures .....i need some ideas

Shayminslicker@ Reuniclus, mew EX and dmg gardi (hmmm, could.....

3-3 cradilly (basically faster setup for techs, this does work out to getting rid of a lot of dmg with serperior 100 per turn in theory, with enough bench sitters)
    2 reuniclus
    1-2 serperior (this is just to deal with excess dmg
    2-1-1/3 (1 dual energy gardivoir, 3 LT gardivoir
    1 mr. mime
    You could put in mew EX, but you could end up losing the prize trade off in a big way and having the ability to just use super rod after the ko, switch to cradilly and blamo new gardi, attaché the 1 psychic, switch etc, instead of yes you candy a gardi, play mew, they get 2 prizes, versus they probably only manage 1 maybe 2.

2-3 super rod
    3-4 ultra ball (possibly 4, just to get the turn 1 lileep).
    4 N
    4 juniper
    3 skyla
    etc

LordDenn@ virizion genesect is the best way to go for grass decks, the 200 pretty much gives it that, catcher effect and no status effects. You could however go

virizion/buffolant
    2-3 virizion EX
    3-4 buffolant
    1 mr. mime
    1 munna

3 bangle
    4 laser
    2 virbank
    3 skyla
    4 N
    4 juniper
    4 ultra ball
    etc

Or virizion mewtwo

3-4 virizion EX
    4 mewtwo EX

4 lasers
    2 virbank
    4 n
    4 juniper
    3 skyla
    2 enhanced hammer (mewtwo start against yeti is terrible

I have a Shaymin EX/ Genesect (BW Promo 99) Deck, It works decently well, I recently bought Ian whiton's World Championship Deck and I really like the Accelgor in it, I have no idea what to make a deck around. I need ideas. I have a 60 Card Grass Deck which kinda sucks, I mainly use Laser/Virbank for knockouts, Help anyone?

Okay so it's been a LONG LONG LONG while since I've been on these forums but I became kinda interested in getting back into the TCG.

Anyway, I'd like to try out a Fairy-type deck or any kind of deck that involves Fairy-types. I know. Doesn't exactly sound specific. Well, here's the catch: I wish to try out a Fairy-type deck or any kind of deck that involves Fairy-types but, more specifically, ONLY composes of cards from the XY expansion onwards. Oh and the higher the tier, the better. I know there are a couple of pretty good cards like Xerneas EX, Xerneas, Slurpuff and Aromatisse but I wanted to see what's the best-possible Fairy-type deck one can build using only XY-era cards.

So, any ideas?
    Hello friends!!! Ore-sama is here!!!

since X&Y official english card list is not out yet, here is an idea of a deck which follows the japanese X&Y card list. Feel free to fine tune the deck as it is just a concept without play test.

pokemon: 13
    4 x Xerneas
    3 x Xerneas EX
    3 x Spritzee -> 3 x Aromatisse

Trainer: 30
    3 x Fairy Garden
    4 x Muscle Band
    4 x Hard Charm
    4 x Professor Sycamore
    4 x Shauna
    3 x Tierno
    2 x Evolution Soda
    4 x Super Potion
    2 x Red Card

Energy: 17
    13 x Fairy Energy
    4 x Double Colorless Energy

Xerneas is used for energy accelerate your Xerneas EX and as your sub attacker against anti-EX like suicane and sigilyph, in which both are 1HKO.
    Xerneas EX will be your main attacker, use the first attack to aim at those benched EX pokemon and attached an muscle band against 180HP. So, when they come in play, you use the second attack and 1HKO them.
    Aromatisse is to move the energy accelerated by Xerneas as Xerneas can only attached 1 per benched pokemon and not 2 to 1 pokemon. Also, the new super potion text in JP make it such that it can still heal even if the pokemon has no energy attached. Hence, you can use it in conjunction with its ability also. The english text for super potion might be different so you might want to replace it if it cannot heal without discarding energy
    Hard Charm is mainly used to protect the Xerneas you use to charge other benched and also to protect the benched Aromatisse or active Spritzee which you might be forced to be active in first turn.
    Rest is used based on situation.

slurpuff is not included because adding it will mean a minimum of another 2-2 line if you want it to constantly appear in your play. Also, some special condition can be recovered by retreating and retreating is free due to fairy garden in conjuction with Aromatisse ability which you can just move an energy, retreat and move the energy to others again. If future X&Y expansion has cards like level/ultra ball, you can consider moving spritzee to a 2-2 line with a 1-1 or 2-2 line slurpuff and replace some energy or trainer with those balls.
    and yes, double colorless is in X&Y. its under the Y collection is JP pack while rainbow energy is in X.
    Last edited by noobacc; 19th January 2014 at 11:23 AM.

^ the list you offered didn't seem to offer a lot of technical options, or ohkos, which is what a deck needs to do to create some kind of an impact in the format right now, this is a skeleton list, so I'm not 100% on the deck total, however every card mentioned should be in the list.

3 xerneas
    3 xerneas EX
    2-2 Aromatisse
    2-2 slurpuff

3 DCE
    9 fairy energy
    3 prism energy (insert tech pokemon cards that give you're deck an edge for the format you play in)

3 shuana
    2 N
    4 juniper
    3 skyla
    2 colress
    2 evolutionary soda
    3 muscle band
    3 lasers
    2 virbank
    2 fairy garden
    2 switch
    1 super rod
    3 max potion (super potion is okay, but you have to discard an energy, if you fairy trans you're energy you lose nothing and heal everything)
    3 ultra ball
    2 level ball
    1-2 tool scrapper

^i would put things like N or laser in the deck also but requester specified only XY expansion onwards. so i cant include more usable trainer/supporter like N instead of tierno or ultra/level ball as they are all B&W /plasma series.
    Last edited by noobacc; 21st January 2014 at 6:37 AM.

noobacc@ You asked us to feel free to tune it so I did exactly that. To make a deck from one booster set isn't going to give the deck a lot of options, w/o search cards this deck is going to struggle to get going and will consistently flop more then it will succeed, but if that's what you want there is nothing to really suggest.

totally agree with you as im just following requester as he requested single set. nothing much can be done since it restrict too much so im just working within restriction. if we follow set rotation, your skeleton will make more sense since deck which have evolution will require search card and draw to get them inplay asap and both the trainer in deck and xerneas energy accelerate is quite dependent on the spritzee ability to be useful. so, its quite crucial to get them out asap. also, xerneas EX 140atk with laser and muscle band is very deadly as it ohko any 170hp ex and forces 180 to either retreat and die next turn with xerneas first atk or get an atk and die after their own turn and you get to atk another of opponent pokemon. so i actually totally agree with your skeleton if we work within the possible set rotation instead of single set only.

only thing i might change is that i will most probably either choose virbank or fairy garden and not both indeck and instead go for 4 laser and maybe 1-2 escape rope as fairy garden can also be use in sync with escape rope and the additional laser might come in hand sometime/

p.s. super potion got an upgrade in xy expansion. the new super potion now heal 60 instead of the old 40 and its text follows that of max potion, meaning it can heal without energy also. max potion is still overall better.
    Last edited by noobacc; 21st January 2014 at 10:54 AM.

Oh I see, just tell them it's just not worth it, the extra cards they need for the deck really only total 20$ tops, it's kind of really worth it, just considering that we probably won't have a x and y -on format for a year or more. There's possibly going to be a decent amount of stadiums wars, being flexible on what you can do with both in various ways.

60 and discard 1, not worth it, might as well just throw in 1 more switch and something for the engine so I can ko them before they can ko me, or cassius.

I was wanting to make 3 decks using cards from Base Set through Neo Destiny (basically all cards before supporters, poke powers, and poke bodies were made). One pokemon I wanted the deck to be based off of was Base Set Alakazam. Another one would be Base Set Blastoise. The last one would be Neo Genesis Typhlosion (the one with the fire recharge pokemon power). Basically I want to build the best decks possible including one of these pokemon in each deck. Thanks in advance.
    Charizard, Typhlosion Prime, and Ninetails = my first Victroy Medal card

I'm just going to write stoise right now.

Feraligator 5/111 riptide/downpour was known throughout that format as one of if not the best cards in the format, combine with stoise and energy flow, you could bill and oak half you're deck for up wards of 15 energy energy flow, discard 13 energy and deal 130 on that turn, a cycle through it 1 oak at a time

Skeleton for this list.
    3-1-3 feraligator
    2-1-2 stoise

20 water energy

4 prof oak
    4 bill
    4 recycle
    3 energy flow
    4 pokemon breeder

Okay, Thanks for the help

Cont... for stoise/feraligator, 4 energy amplifier, it basically searches the deck for 3 energy on a flip.

For alakazam (dmg swap), This possibly ran best with a simple deck like basics/haymaker where playing down a basic, getting hit by 50 dmg, no big deal, dmg swap to a benched chansey, pokemon center, ect, so.

skeleton list
    4 hitmonchan
    3 scythe
    2 electabuzz
    2 chansey
    2-1-2 alakazam

4 bill
    4 oak
    4 recycle
    4 pokemon centre (just so you know, this card is slightly dangerous as in it's a max potion for everything on the field, so make certain of who has the dmg on what before you use it)
    2-3 breeder (one less for more tech options, 1 more for the use of alakazam if you favor it more then techs
    2 computer search (ignore the acespec rule,

For typlosion, This one was rather hard to figure out for matchup to stoise (just take the auto loss once it's setup, there is nothing you can really do), but can still technically deal good dmg for a hit and run.

For basic pokemon you can run Blaine's moltres which has 90 hp and for 5 energy deals 90 dmg, but goes back into the deck on a flip or rockets which deals 40 and if it gets hit (even if ko'd) the attacking pokemon takes 10 dmg, if this pokemon also gets knocked out (60 hp, so yeah), goes right back into you're hand, or dive bomb moltres which has 70 hp and deals 80 on a flip, the other 2 will deal dmg and make great use in a combo to take out pretty much any deck uber fast. Or my fave, a very much so stand alone card, dark charizard with continuous fireball which deals 50 dmg x the number of heads, so you can deal upwards of 200 dmg on the flip (you could run dark typhlosion but 2 things, frist you need to run a dark version of the build, but you discard the fire energy, takes up space of the recharge, and loses energy and typhlosion takes a lot more dmg then charizard does on the flip side. Otherwise moltres and typhlosion are possibly better ran together.

the skeleton
    3 blaines moltres (4 maybe, but it's kinda better to run mirror to typhlosion so you don't start with it more so then a cyndaquil start)
    2 rockets moltres
    4-1-4 typhlosion

4 bill
    4 oak
    4 recycle
    4 breeder

Okay, Thanks. What about Base Set Charizard with Typhlosion?

Uhh you could, but unlike moltres which goes back into your deck and denys you're opponents of taking prizes either based on the amount of energy and or dmg counters on your active pokemon, charzard does not. Charizard is a strong card hitting for the 100 yes but has some down falls on those fronts, you could be safe and play both just in case.

I want to make a fairy deck with Xerneas EX. And Balloon barrage wigglytuff. (Not a lot of options for fairy cards)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast