Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Elite Coverup! (638)

And so begins Torterra's losing streak...

Overall, it was a good episode; I'm glad we got to see more than one of Bertha's Pokemon, the battle was great (but Ash's "I'm an observer" was kind of strange) and we got to hear the legendary Bertha say "I am not amused". Best part of the episode.

This episode was great. Liked Meowth's idea of using Magby as a lighter for Giovanni. Never gets old. Also enjoyed the battle between Ash and Bertha.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

It was a great episode. We see Bertha and her great battle skills. Torterra tried to beat Hippowdon and lost, but it did its best. Also, all of the Sinnoh Elite Four appeared in the same series. That's really neat.

"I'm an observer...I'm doing it!"-Highlight of the episode.

Hippowdon vs Torterra was really great. It's always fun to see too tank Pokemon clash and it's even better when one of the tank Pokemon belongs to Ash. It's great that Torterra still has its speed. That sets it apart from Paul's Torterra. Torterra managed to get one hit on Bertha's Hippowdon. He did better in this battle than he did against Flint. All Sinnoh Elite 4 were shown. Great.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

First of all: Hooray I finally arrived in LA!

As for the episode itself:
    Elite Four episodes have always been my favorite ones and this one was no different! Bertha is an fantastic character and a worthy Elite Four member.

It's good that the battle was so short, otherwise I would have complained that Ash was able to stand his ground so long against a member of the Elite Four. The battle was just great as it was. I especially liked the scene where Bertha was covered by the dust and was speaking as if she was an invisible ghost. This was both mysterious and impressive alike! I love it whenever mystery and action is combined in Pokemon. Great job!

All in all, a great episode
    8 of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Cool ep, Bertha was awesome! Although Torterra lost that battle, it did put up a great battle. So overall 8/10
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)
    If you want TORTERRA to make the best ever comeback in Isshu, copy this and paste it in your Sig!(Started by dragonpsychicrules)

Pretty good episode. Ash may have lost (obivously he was goin to) but he learned something.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

It was never hinted at in the dub that Bertha let Ash have a hit. Was that left out ofthe dub?

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Yeah i would have complained too if Ash had bat Bertha her being a member of the elite 4 and all. liked how she didnt like being called a member of the elite four as well and laughed how Brock remembered her, Ashs battle was good at least it wasnt one sided like Flint and all four members were shown again. Team Rpcket also made me laugh in this episode as well Meouth using Magby as a firelighter was quite clever. Oh and like Roland I want a pikachu as well

Terrific episode all-around. Probably my favorite of the Elite Four eps, too. Bertha was characterized extremely well, and the dubbers gave her a perfect voice. Overall, an action-packed episode with lots of battling and other cool stuff.

I liked how the kid prefered Pikachu over Piplup.

I really liked this episode. Bertha obviously made it great. Her VA was a good choice and I loved it. I'm glad they kept the "eerie voice from behind the dust cloud" bit.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

bertha is a good tutor 4 that magby kid

Was a good episode, even though the lesson is completely pointless. Ash not only knows how to observe his surroundings, he's put this to use in the past to great success.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/fdhter.png[/IMG]

& here, we have another familiar face, but unfortunately, my motivation is practically shot, seeing as to how half of this episode is about TR.

So we've got an aspiring trainer around here in which TR takes advantage of by offering him to raise his Magby for him. Unfortunately for them, he's under the tutelage of "Big" Berta of the lEEt four.

Everything else is just our usual Hum Drum Melodrama, even her fight against Ash, in which it wasn't surprising that she won. What was surprising is that she's got a souped-up set of wheels!

Aside from that, there's not much going on here...

What ruined this episode for me was Meowth's gadgets that appear out of nowhere and (as usual) the dialogue for Ash, Dawn, Brock and TR.

I mean where and how the hell do they get the technology to invent these things? I'm sick of them showing ludicrous stuff like that and expecting me to buy it without exposition.

Explain, writers! EXPLAIN!

That's part of the ridiculousness of TR though. I love their random and utterly nonsensical mechs/gadgets.

Anyway, anyone know Bertha's VA? She was pretty good.

Edit: Actually just checked, turns out it's the same girl who does Officer Jenny. Impressive
    Last edited by TheNewGuy; 26th August 2010 at 3:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
    That's part of the ridiculousness of TR though. I love their random and utterly nonsensical mechs/gadgets.
    Well, I don't. It makes no freaking sense!

just saw the episode ,it was good i enjoyed the battle whit Hippodon and Torterra it had great animation.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

Its the first time in pokemon series that all the elite four of one region have appeared in episodes

So, now we have officially seen every E4 member (including the champion!) in their region of origin.

Kind of makes me hope we see Cynthia at least once more before SLV ends.

Hey! A Gliscor! Haven't seen one of those in a while!

I was hoping they'd show Hippowdons female coloring.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

This episode was alright... It was great to see E4 Bertha for the 1st time. The Torterra vs Hippowdon battle was cool. As expected, Ash lost the battle. Hippowdon was really powerful. It was odd how Bertha didn't want Brock revealing that she was an E4 member. Another TR scheme involving tricking people into giving them their Pokemon for training/evolving etc. seems to be a lot of that lately... I wish Ash would've had Torterra do the swallow Energy Ball to power up thing again...

70/100

Bertha is cool, and really strong...i kinda knew already that Ash would lose
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Cool episode, Bertha was great. How Ash and co. took so long to decide what windmill TR were in is beyond me :P Bertha and Ash's battle was awesome - Torterra is awesome and for one moment I honestly thought he might have won! Sadly not, but it was still a fun episode.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

This goes to show us that every Pokemon that evolves or is as big as a car doesn't mean squat unless it's superly trained.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast