Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yes, in Dee Dee It's Dawn (629)

Default Yes, in Dee Dee It's Dawn (629)

Pokémon Contest! Asatsuki Tournament!!

It's time for the next Pokémon Contest and when Ash & Co. arrive, they quickly meet Dawn's old opponent, Ursula. However, Ursula has a Plusle & a Minun which bring back bad memories for Dawn from her childhood. However, despite this, Dawn is eager to win the next Contest. With Dawn, Ursula and Jessie partaking, it's sure to be a challenge...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Few pics from the episode,

Notes:-
    - It seems that because Dawn was made fun of her looks after the shock from Plusle & Minun she fears them.
    - Jessie also takes part in this contest with Seviper & Carnivine (she alo uses a "Arbok" flute in this episode, she uses it like a snake charmer uses his flute).
    - Dawn, Jessie & Ursula make it to the next round.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 28th January 2010 at 10:29 AM.

Dawn recalled Piplup. The moment was so precious they milked it.

FFFFF Jessie's appeal was awesome. She used Carnivine and Seviper.

Dawn did an Bubble + Ice Appeal. Piplup wasn't actually seen for most of the Appeal.

Ursula appealed with Gabite and Jigglypuff as expected. Today I had problems with my sound so I couldn't hear any of the attack commands. I'm not confident enough to say what attacks I think her Pokemon used without hearing it for myself so I'll skip it this week.

Jigglypuff's seal was cute.

Great episode, I'm happy that Jessie participated in the contest.

Dawn's appeal was nice, Buneary and Piplup did a great work.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

SEVIPER WAS RELEASED FROM INSIDE CARNIVINES MOUTH!

That was friggin awesome. For a second I thought they were gonna have jessie act a fool and forget this was a double performance but man. That was something. lol. Though the music coulda been a little more snake charming-ish when jessie plays the flute. I think it's one of the track that plays in movie 10...

Dawns appeal was lame, imo. Freezing bubbles to have them later be destroyed to make sparkles by Buneary and Piplup. And not only that, but it looks like Buneary learned Drill peck! lol. At least thats what it looks like. And I don't think piplup learned drill peck either. Dawn called out the same attack she always does.

Ursula's appeal was cool too. She had gabite juggle Jigglypuff. Made sparkles with Gabites stone edge crashing into jigglypuff's Hyper Voice and then had jigglypuff make a SHINE with its gyro ball grating against the the ground that gabite used sand tomb on. Fun stuff.

This episode was a basic contest episode, nothing too special but it's good we got to see thorough appeals. And yeah, Pikari was explained. Something about pika pika, which im guessing is like static.

Marry the Night

very good episode,Ursula's appeal was better then Dawn's and Jessie's.

I actually liked Jessie's appeal the most, but that might only be because I don't expect Jessie to be as good as she was.
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

I actually watched this episode just now and the appeal round was boring as ever, except for maybe Ursula's Gabite and Jigglypuff basketball bit. What made the episode for me was Plusle and Minun frequently bothering Dawn. Every time she was doing something dramatic for her contest the 2 would ruin it for her and she'd freak out, which was surprisingly amusing for me. I especially like the end when Ursula and Dawn are facing off with that dramatic 'It's battle time' music only to have Plusle and Minun ruin it again. Overall I was amused. Good funny way to start a two part contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpokes View Post
    And then we have Dawn's appeal. To say it as it is, it was terrible. Freaking Ice Beam bubbles. How can they like that? I expected an Ice-Flame Combo from Mamoswine and Cyndaquil, and we got this? How did she advance to the battle round?
    You forget Dawn has the power of the writers on her side XD. Although I agree her appeal wasn't that impressive.

Is there any chance Jessie will win this? I noticed in the preview for the next ep doesn't actually show who she's battling. Maybe she battles the winner of Dawn vs Ursula in the final?

Quote Originally Posted by JJDalts View Post
    You forget Dawn has the power of the writers on her side XD. Although I agree her appeal wasn't that impressive.
    It was impressive but old-fashioned, because we have seen many times before appeals like that. It's more efficient than beautiful. Although the most important thing is that she advanced through the appeal round.

Most main characters appeal's are the same. If the audience loves seeing generic ice appeal's then hey 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' I guess. After failing two appeal rounds I think Dawn is afraid to think outside the box. Though I do hope Dawn gets over her fear of the dreaded Plusle and Minun, it's funny now but can get stale like Gible did.

I liked Dawn's appeal a lot. Loved Buneary, she looked so adorable bouncing on the bubbles. I actually liked her appeal more than Jesse's. Ursula's was the best one.

FINALLY! It's been a while since Buneary showed she liked Pikachu. I loved it.

It's been a while since Buneary actually appeared, to be honest.

Also, Piplup being withdrawn...scenes like this come round only once in a character's lifetime.

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

OMG IT'S AN ARBOK FLUTE!

Quite a good episode. Jessie's performance was the best.

Pokémon Link is back!

Forget all the EV, EXP or whatever formulae, the most important and fundamental equation in the world of Pokémon is the following:

Games =/= Anime

I claimed

So we arrive in Asatsuki Town and Ursula and her Minun and Plusle appear. We get a flashback to Dawn's preschool days too. I loved to see her female friend and Kenny, they were all so cute.

I didn't think Plusle and Minun, two cute Pokemon would have caused Dawn so much anxiety. Now I know why Dawn is so careful with her hair; she hates static.

As for the Contest, Jessie was ok but Ursula and Gabites' Jigglypuff routine was by far the coolest. At least Dawn makes it to round 2. 9/10

Is there any chance Jessie will win this?
    Not a chance. She and her Pokemon looked distressed at one point in the preview. I assume it's because she was facing Ursula and got to see her 'Special Technique' first.

Also, Piplup being withdrawn...scenes like this come round only once in a character's lifetime.
    I think even the writers realize what a monster they created in Piplup at this point. It seemed kind of deliberate that they actually showed every motion of recalling Piplup and putting the seal on Piplup's ball. It was kind of like saying " Enjoy this. You will not be seeing this again until the Grand Festival. " The Appeal mostly focused on Buneary too which was welcome. It feels like Buneary hasn't been in a Contest in a long time ...

Zoey and Candice have been spending an awful lot of time together. I think the writers are strongly implying the first lesbian couple in Pokemon.

I could've sworn I saw Lucas in the flashback when all the kids are sitting down. Buneary finally starts flirting again thank god.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post
    It's been a while since Buneary actually appeared, to be honest.
    Buneary has been out of action a lot lately :/

It's probably because of Cyndaquil and Mamoswine being so important at the moment. Glad she got some time in this episode. At least in the appeal round, it got to show some of it's bouncing moves.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I think even the writers realize what a monster they created in Piplup at this point. It seemed kind of deliberate that they actually showed every motion of recalling Piplup and putting the seal on Piplup's ball. It was kind of like saying " Enjoy this. You will not be seeing this again until the Grand Festival. " The Appeal mostly focused on Buneary too which was welcome. It feels like Buneary hasn't been in a Contest in a long time ...
    They focused on Piplup and Baneary because the next episode will be on Cynaquil and Mamoswine. Buneary did the appeals whan Dawn got her two last ribbons. Piplup doesn't need to be in a pokeball so I don't think there is a problem with it.

I think this is the last contest for Dawn. They don't normally show people watching it when it's not important.

Also, did Jessie make it past the appeals?

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Yes, she did. Thank God.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

She did but judging from the previews as An00bis said, she looked quite "distressed".

Jessie doesn't work well under pressure (the same could be said about most people in this anime) so I don't think she'll progress any further.

Nice appeal round though, she's getting better with age

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Zoey and Candice have been spending an awful lot of time together. I think the writers are strongly implying the first lesbian couple in Pokemon.
    No I think you are wrong. Zoey just loves to be with her friend Candice. it's her right to see the contest on television with her, I don't see a problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    So we arrive in Asatsuki Town and Ursula and her Minun and Plusle appear. We get a flashback to Dawn's preschool days too. I loved to see her female friend and Kenny, they were all so cute.
    Must not think Akatsuki, must not think Akatsuki...

Well, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's having a hard time not calling it that. Still...

I didn't think Plusle and Minun, two cute Pokemon would have caused Dawn so much anxiety. Now I know why Dawn is so careful with her hair; she hates static.
    And yet, she has Pachirisu.... heh?

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I think even the writers realize what a monster they created in Piplup at this point. It seemed kind of deliberate that they actually showed every motion of recalling Piplup and putting the seal on Piplup's ball. It was kind of like saying " Enjoy this. You will not be seeing this again until the Grand Festival. "
    It all started with Gible abuse... about time.

The Appeal mostly focused on Buneary too which was welcome. It feels like Buneary hasn't been in a Contest in a long time ...
    Or Pachirisu for that matter. Or, I could have easily skipped over a good 20 episodes...

I think this is the last contest for Dawn. They don't normally show people watching it when it's not important.
    Well, this outta be something. But I really do see Dawn winning this. I find it interesting how she's battling Ursula as opposed to Zoey. But... I think it's be cause they're saving that for the Grand Festival. Ursula is sort of the female version of Harley, to some extent. Especially considering May's last contest before the GF was against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    No I think you are wrong. Zoey just loves to be with her friend Candice. it's her right to see the contest on television with her, I don't see a problem with this.
    Yeah, have you seen the way Candice acts around Zoey? Try again...

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast