Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of a Royal Day (639)

Default Dawn of a Royal Day (639)

Dancing Togekiss! Pokémon Contest Princess!!

In the next town, Dawn gets approached by a lady who'd like her to do a favour for the local princess. The princess is a spitting image of Dawn but wants to partake in Pokémon Contests. Dawn decides to help out the princess and the two swap places. Will the Princess succeed in her Pokémon Contest?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Preliminary observation: Looks like the Princess's Togekiss is up against Jessie and Seviper in the battle portion -- it nearly dodges a Poison Tail.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

It seems the princess is a bit embarrassed about wearing Dawn's short skirt.

Edit:- Jessie is angry on Dawn-Princess that she is participating in a contest even though she already got the 5 ribbon's.

Edit-2:- The princess won the contest & Jessie lost it. But she gave her ribbon to Jessie at the end.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 1st April 2010 at 12:48 PM.

We get to see the first stage of Air Slash just like Farfetch'd made it in Tag Tournament.

Edit: Togekiss looks dumb while standing on foot.

Princess actually gave the ribbon to Jessie and made her last win a pity badge equivalent.
    Last edited by Umbilical Noose; 1st April 2010 at 12:47 PM.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Very lame. Jessie lost.

EDIT: Wait... the first ever... pity Ribbon!?!

Meh... Not sure I feel about that. I feel like Jess deserved the win more than the Ribbon.
    V | Faction

The gang arrive at a contest hall, they are greet by a woman (a maid?), Brock flirts and Croagunk attacks. She then tells the gang something. And takes them to meet a the Princess who looks like Dawn. The gang look really surprised. The maid tells them how the Princess wants to enter in a contest but can't, so Dawn dresses up as the Princess and the Princess dresses up as Dawn. The Princess shows the gang her Togekiss and Dawn looks it up in the Pokedex. Togekiss looks big enough to ride on. The Butler arrives and the gang leaves with the Princess leaving Dawn behind. Fireworks go off as the gang head to the contest hall. James and Meowth watch them discussing something and Jessie is behind them getting ready for the contest. The contest begins, Marian introduces the judges, Mr.Suziko, Mr Contesta and Nurse Joy. The Princess and Jessilina watch from backstage. Jessie looks angry, most likely due to the fact that Dawn (Princess) is entering when she already has 5 ribbons. It switches back to Dawn who has a man bowing down to her, she seems bored. Back at the contest it starts with pokemon like Campert and Dewgoung, then Jessie and Yanmega, it uses silver wind to create sparkles. Next up is the Princess. She uses Togekiss, Togekiss uses aura sphere into the air and then extremespeed to fly up to them, it spins around and sucks up the aura spheres and then genlty drifts down to the ground. Jessie seems very angry. It goes back to Dawn who is very bored. She then steps into a room filled with food and people and she then screams.

Back at the contest Ash and Brock go backstage and tell the Princess she's doing well. The Princess then looks around and shows effection for contests. Back with Dawn, she is sat down eating food, and not using table manners, she then falls to the floor for some reason. It goes back to the contest, Jessie is all fired up and the battle rounds start. Dawn then starts complaining about how tiring it is to be the Princess. Dawn then appears at the contest in a private room to watch the finals. Jessie Vs the Princess. Jessie uses Sepviper and the Princess uses Togekiss. The Pirncess attacks first with Sky Attack? But Jessie counters with Smokescreen. Then attacks with Poison Jab taking off loads of points for the Princess. It then uses Wrap to throw Togekiss into the air losing even more points. Togekiss looks hurt. The Princess then sees Dawn, Dawn is shouting something to her but is then told to sit back down. Jessie spots the Princess and is confused, she starts shouting. The Pirncess gets it confidence back and attacks with ...... which makes Jessie lose more points, it follows up with Aura Sphere bringing the points to equal. Then Jessie used poison jab but misses and Togekiss uses Aura Sphere again making Sepviper faint. The Princess wins and the crowd goes wild. Dawn starts waving and then Judges give The Princess the Ribbon. Jessie pouts and James and Meowth try to make her feel better. Dawn then walks in and Meowth and James hide. The Princess then gives her ribbon to Jessie. Jessie accepts and the Princess says she only wanted to compete in the contest or something like that and then leaves. Jessie is angry but then she realizes that she can enter the Grand Festival. Back at the castle, Dawn and the Princess swap again, and the Princess then says she wants Togekiss to be in the Grand Festival so she lets Dawn take it. Dawn gladly accepts and returns Togekiss to the Pokeball. The gang then leave the castle and head to their next destination.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Wonder why the writers made Jessie to lose this contest. And the princess gave her the ribbon.

Well she gave Togekiss to Dawn, but what a wasted contest...
    Last edited by Ash-kid; 1st April 2010 at 12:55 PM.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Roll Contest

- Next Town GET
    - Wild Attendant Appears!
    - Brock Uses Charm!
    - Croagunk uses Poison Jab! It's Super Effective!
    - The Attendant invites them to meet the Princess.
    - You probably get the gist of this type of Plot already.
    - Dawn is more then happy to act like a Princess for a day. They switch places.
    - Togekiss is HUGE!!! It definitely wasn't drawn to scale in the Opening.
    - Meanwhile at the Contest Hall Jessie is pumped up about the Contest.
    - Looks like Jessie is upset that " Dawn " is competing when she already has 5 Ribbons.
    - Meanwhile back at the palace Dawn is having a " wonderful " time.
    - Jessie appeals with Yanmega.
    - Looks like Sparkle Appeal is overtaking Ice Appeal.
    - The Princess Appeals with Togekiss.
    - Fitting Seal ...
    - More Sparkle Appeal
    - Dawn is having a totally awesome time.
    - BREAK
    - And we're back. I can't get over how BIG Togekiss is!
    - Back to Dawn briefly. You'd think a coordinator will be somewhat graceful.
    - Jessie's so confident she made it past appeals she didn't look at the results.
    - Dawn hates her new job. At least she gets to spectate the Contest.
    - We skip right ahead to Jessie VS the Princess.
    - Jessie uses Seviper. She uses Togekiss.
    - Aw ... poor Togekiss. This is totally one sided.
    - Dawn lends the Princess some of her Main Star Power.
    - The music changes. This looks like trouble ...
    - ONE ATTACK from Togekiss takes off 1/3!!!
    - Seviper is ... KO'd.
    - The Princess wins the Ribbon.
    - Jessie is totally bummed about this. I don't blame her.
    - Oh ... she gives the Ribbon to Jessie as thanks for a good battle.
    - Jessie's still so upset that Meowth has to break the good news to her.
    - In return the Princess gives Dawn Togekiss hoping it competes in the Grand Festival.
    - The Ending gets a new Animation / Lyrics.

No Lecture. Instead of a Preview we get a preview of the Grand Festival.

Looks like Dawn appeals with Cyndaquil and Buneary.
    We see Lopunny, but who's is it?
    Zoey has Gallade as expected.
    Ursula has a Flareon.

We see Ursula, Nando, and Zoey. I don't believe I saw Kenny or any of his Pokemon.

We also get a preview of the Sunnyshore Gym Battle.

Meh... Not sure I feel about that. I feel like Jess deserved the win more than the Ribbon.
    Same. I mean each of Togekiss' attacks seemed to take a third off Jessie's bar.

Can we please NOT discuss future episodes here. No details about the previews or anything. That is not related to this episode and is considered Spoilers

Can we please NOT discuss future episodes here. No details about the previews or anything. That is not related to this episode and is considered Spoilers

Hey Serebii can I ask a favour? Can you update both Dawn and Jessie's profiles so that they have their ribbons on there? Thanks.

Well I guess this episode was like the Prince and the Pauper. I quite enjoyed it, although it would have been a lot better if Jessie had won the ribbon but I guess it means that Dawn could of used her Mum's ribbon to get into the Grand Festival.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    Hey Serebii can I ask a favour? Can you update both Dawn and Jessie's profiles so that they have their ribbons on there? Thanks.

Well I guess this episode was like the Prince and the Pauper. I quite enjoyed it, although it would have been a lot better if Jessie had won the ribbon but I guess it means that Dawn could of used her Mum's ribbon to get into the Grand Festival.
    We have to wait for Vavavoom to do the ribbon.

But Dawn's Mom ribbon is not from this years event.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Same. I mean each of Togekiss' attacks seemed to take a third off Jessie's bar.
    That WAS pretty re-donk-ulous, wasn't it? As soon as I saw it happening, I could feel the wave of fear and regret washing over me, and the sudden realization that they were going to hand the win over to Princess Iris/Salvia.

Actually, they got me at the end there. I mentioned the Seviper Poison Tail thingy from the preliminary preview. I thought for just a second that they'd give the gold to ol' Sevvy and allow that Poison Tail to connect. And... it ended up whiffing. For shame.

And to top it off... they handed it over to Jessie at the end. Why not just let her win? Just goes to show how unpredictable Sinnoh has been and ever shall be.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Take a chill pill, bud. No one's talking about it in great depth in here anyway.
    V | Faction

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    We have to wait for Vavavoom to do the ribbon.

But Dawn's Mom ribbon is not from this years event.
    Ah ok thank you.

Ah I forgot about that, good point.

can Jessie even enter the Grand Festival with that ribbon? In the previous grand festivals each ribbon is registered in some computer data base depending who won it. When Jessie stole 5 ribbons belonging to that kid with the swalot Anthony, Jessie couldn't enter due to the ribbons belonging to Anthony. Wouldn't that mean that ribbon would do Jessie no good?
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

^maybe the badges are like pokeballs, they have complex sensors that have voice recognition or something.

either that or it's just a plot hole I could really care less about, even if it is funny that we finally have our first pity ribbon.

I thought it was more intresting that considering how many people veiwed dawn as a "princess" type character she sure can't act like one, and the injoke fact the writers brought up Dawn's skirt issue as well as the princess was embarrissed to wear her clothes due to the skirt alone.

I feel the pity ribbon is something they should have done at the beginning of this saga, you know, when Miss Musashi was a big unknown. Why did the Princess (who, if I'm not mistaken, is being described as "Salvia".... *smirk* hehehehehehahahahahaha!) do it anyway?
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Can anyone tell me what was the fourth attack that Togekiss used (the one with a green glow coming from the body & taking the shape of a sphere around Togekiss).

Togekiss movepool:
    -Aura Sphere
    -Sky Attack
    -Air Slash
    -Safeguard

Interesting how it has 3 of the 4 attacks it can learn by Move Tutor relearner (the 4th would be Extremespeed instead Safeguard).

I loved the episode the whole way the princess was acting was really col, but even mor eany pokemon that was in the episode looked cool, even the cameos. Togekiss does loook a bit too big, but I can see myself getting used to it. Overall Togekiss looks majestic and cute.
    I'm Back!!!
    FC is 4656 6891 6580

Apparently, Salvia gave Jessie the ribbon to thank her for the good time she had battling her. It's not like she'd need that ribbon anyway.

I have mixed feelings about the episode. Jessie should have won instead of getting a pity ribbon.

When Salvia gave Miss Mushashi the ribbon, was she lurching on the floor screaming and shuddering? That's what happened to me when Salvia gave me something
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Long time since I reviewed an episode, so bear with me. Wow so it started out pretty fast. Once Ash and Co. arrived at the location of the Pokemon Contest, Salvia's maid asks Ash and Co. to follow her to the mansion where they meet Salvia. I thought Piplup's expression was hilarious when it was gazing at the princess as if he was seeing double! She really did look like a twin of Dawn and I loved the movie 8 music playing when they showed her whole body. Not to sound weird or anything but I thought Dawn looked so glamorous in that pink dress. I almost wish it had been her Contest outfit haha. Then suddenly when the princess finally looked like Dawn, she released Togekiss!!

Togekiss is HUGE! I mean I was expecting something a little smaller and agile for Contests so I was shocked. Just look at Togekiss' size, it's like a giant Togepi haha. I thought it was funny seeing Jessie (dressed as Jesselina) while see was applying makeup without her glasses on. Jessie really seemed to take the whole last Contest thing seriously, right from the start. As for the Contest, I was surprised by the stage (it looked like the stage used for GaGa's live Paparazzi perfomance) meaning it was beautiful. I was shocked to see that Salvia (dressed as Dawn) was able to enter the Contest to begin with. I was under the impression that 5 ribbons was the limit and you couldn't register to get more :/

Can't believe Salvia liked Jesselina, it just goes to show that Jessie is really good at these things now. Meanwhile I liked watching Dawn deal with Salvia's affairs at the mansion. Now for the main course, Jessie and Yanmega's appeal was great, I loved AncientPower and Silver Wind being used to create the typical glitter appeal but when Jessie yelled "finish!" at the end, it made me laugh! Salvia's appeal was the best one yet! Aura Sphere and Sky Attack made things interesting then she added spinning and it looked like the Milky Way Galaxy for a few seconds. Then the ending with the wall of aurora-like light made it so worth it!

The judges all loved it and I think they believed it was Dawn's hard work that pulled it off while Jessie almost died of jealousy. Both Salvia and Jessie made it to the big rounds amd Jessie seemed to be "fired up"! Dawn seemed really worn out from playing princess for the day, even going as far as collapsing during dinner haha. Then suddenly we see that Dawn is in the room right inside the Contest arena! It was awkward seeing her there just waving. During Jessie and Salvia's battle, Jessie did well using Seviper's Poison Tail to knock Togekiss to the ground, I thought that was it but Salvia counter-attacked! Loved that Dawn's lecture allowed for Salvia to strike with Safeguard to turn the tables on the battle. Salvia won! After the battle, Salvia gave her ribbon to Jessie and Jessie got her fifth ribbon by default lol. Togekiss stayed with Dawn, giving her a strong Pokemon at last. 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Wonder why the writers made Jessie to lose this contest. And the princess gave her the ribbon.

Well she gave Togekiss to Dawn, but what a wasted contest...
    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    That WAS pretty re-donk-ulous, wasn't it? As soon as I saw it happening, I could feel the wave of fear and regret washing over me, and the sudden realization that they were going to hand the win over to Princess Iris/Salvia.

Actually, they got me at the end there. I mentioned the Seviper Poison Tail thingy from the preliminary preview. I thought for just a second that they'd give the gold to ol' Sevvy and allow that Poison Tail to connect. And... it ended up whiffing. For shame.

And to top it off... they handed it over to Jessie at the end. Why not just let her win? Just goes to show how unpredictable Sinnoh has been and ever shall be.

Take a chill pill, bud. No one's talking about it in great depth in here anyway.

I think they gave it to her so that she technically earned 3 ribbons. That way, should there be a new coordinater next year/gen(>.> even if there isn't, this is more of a *just in case*/should they decide to kind of thing.) we don't see Jessie as this powerhouse that our main cast member can't beat.

So I don't really think it was random.

This episode wasn't as exiting as I thought it would be, I actually thought it was going to be bearable, but I found the episode quite boring, especially when Jessie lost 1/3 points each time, that only made it tackier. It kind of reminded me of the Swinup capture episode, which was par the new pokemon, forgettable.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast