Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of a Royal Day (639)

I thought that although it was a major events happened, this was a terrible episode in terms of logic. Togekiss it huge compared to Togetic and the opening. All coordinators used the rapidly becoming standard sparkle appeal. Oh, and was the contest unique, or just silly, because Jessie switched battle pokemon from Yanmega to Seviper from semi final to finals. Then when Togekiss breathed in the right directioin, Jessie lost a third of her points. Although luckily, Jessie did end up with the ribbon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    There isn't one in the intro because they want to surprise us. They're thinking "OK guys, what do the fans who watch Pokemon want MOST of all from the upcoming League?"

The answer, of course, is a generic League Rival introduced JUST before the tournament that will somehow steal the spotlight from Paul, Barry, Nando and Conway!

However they can't reveal it just yet. They want us to let our guards down. They want us to think they've changed by introducing four trainers that would eventually go on to face Ash in the League as opposed to Last Second Rival-son.

I won't rest though. I'll be waiting, and if he does appear, which he will I'll be ready to jump out and punch him in the face.

It was a great episode, both the princess and Dawn changing places, sure we have seen that million times before, but it was fun. Togekiss is so... big, i never noticed this until now, i mean sure the pokedex says how tall it is, but now i know for sure.

It was probably lame that they couldn't give Jessie a fair victory, and earn her 5th ribbon, she already got a free one thanks to James anyway, why? :/ the Princess would been amused even if she lost, she just wanted to take part in a contest! And that's true, Togekiss attacks were brutal, the life bar was so rigged.

Anyway, had lots of fun. I enjoyed the previews of the grand festival, Ursula and everyone is there, can't wait.
    Last edited by NES; 2nd April 2010 at 10:17 AM.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Is it just me or did Jessie's hair look a bit too purple in this episode. I thought Jessie had red hair.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Jessie's hair has been purple since the late JOHTO days.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

I wonder if Zoey, Kenny, & the other coordinators will be mad at Dawn if they saw the contest

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Training for my gym battle with Clemont after swapping out a few of my pokémon
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

I'm confused, I think.

That was Dawn being the princess, and Salvia was imitating Dawn in the contest? But why did Salvia give Togekiss to Dawn if she won?

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I don't know, guys. I have mixed feeling about this episode. In one hand, I didn't want Princess Salvia to win the contest. And in the other hand, I didn't want Jessie to win it either. Princess Salvia should've just let Dawn borrow her Togekiss instead of giving it away like that. If Dawn wants a Togekiss, then she should catch that mischievous Togepi & train it up until evolve. Princess Salvia shouldn't have gave Jessie the ribbon. I really like to see how Jessie is going to get in the Grand Festival when she didn't win her 5th ribbon officially.

I'm betting the judges were either in on it from the beginning or were told afterward. Salvia won because Togetank was ridiculously overpowered and hit Seviper harder than necessary, but the ribbon will still be credited to Jessalina. It would become a massive scandal later on if this were a CW show, but thankfully, it isn't.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    I'm confused, I think.

That was Dawn being the princess, and Salvia was imitating Dawn in the contest? But why did Salvia give Togekiss to Dawn if she won?
    Salvia didn't trust herself with Togekiss. You wouldn't either if your mom gave you that name!

Just like all the girls who go by "Mary Jane."

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I wonder if Zoey, Kenny, & the other coordinators will be mad at Dawn if they saw the contest
    Why would they be mad? As far as I know, they wouldn't know it was Salvia dressed as Dawn just from watching. Even if they found out they would probably think Dawn was very compassionate since she let someone else compete as her.

Togekiss may have surprised them though since they wouldn't think Dawn could train a Togepi and evolve it that quickly lol :P

To be honest the whole Contest had a "Mary Sue" vibe to it.

So the princess who never won a contest before defeats Jessie, gives the overpowered Togekiss to Dawn to use, and then gives Jessie the ribbon?

It's cheap on all sides. Now Dawn gets some powerful Pokemon for literally no reason, and right before the GF is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

So the princess who never won a contest before defeats Jessie, gives the overpowered Togekiss to Dawn to use, and then gives Jessie the ribbon?

It's cheap on all sides. Now Dawn gets some powerful Pokemon for literally no reason, and right before the GF is pointless.
    Though I agree that Salvia winning her first Contest against a superior Coordinator like Jessie was cheap, I thought the fact that she gave her ribbon away showed that she had a sincere heart which may explain why Togekiss was "attracted" to her.

As for the "pointlessness" of Dawn aquiring a Togekiss. I don't think it's too pointless. Dawn's going to have some stiff competition later on so she needs tougher Pokemon.
    Last edited by Lorde; 3rd April 2010 at 1:28 AM.

It's alright KIRA, Cyber still is upset at Amby leaving (I am too, but unlike him, I'm not whining about it).

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

The irony is Jessie lost to a first timer in the Princess under the disguise of Dawn, just like Dawn lost to James under the disguise of Jessie, what goes around comes around. Overall the episode was good up until Jessie got screwed. Togekiss is massive, it could probably fly Dawn and her 4 plush toy Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Why would they be mad? As far as I know, they wouldn't know it was Salvia dressed as Dawn just from watching. Even if they found out they would probably think Dawn was very compassionate since she let someone else compete as her.

Togekiss may have surprised them though since they wouldn't think Dawn could train a Togepi and evolve it that quickly lol :P
    I know they'd think it was nice of Dawn to do that, butsince as of now they'd just think it was Dawn & not the princess, I thought they'd think it was unfair for her to enter a contest after she already won her 5 ribbons

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Training for my gym battle with Clemont after swapping out a few of my pokémon
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

-Our heroes find themselves at a contest hall, but Dawn doesn't need to compete for a change!
    -A very fancy lady greets the group, and Dawn in particular. Apparently some rich girl wants to see her? Whatever, just get Dawn to the cloning machine already!
    -Piplup is shocked at seeing a Dawn clone. Considering its very, very, very weird worldview(particularly when Dawn is involved)...I guess that's to be expected.
    -Must not typo Salvia as Saliva. Must not typo Salvia as Saliva.
    -Salvia seems to recognize the gang from the Tag Battle tournement, among other things.
    -Swapping places with a princess for a day? It's the stereotypical 10 year old girl's dream!
    -Haha, Salvia seems a bit embarassed about having to wear Dawn's tiny skirt.
    -It's official: Togekiss is huge.
    -I don't know why, but it's just wrong seeing Brock carry Piplup around. It's like he's a main character or something.
    -Jessie is understandably confused and angry that "Dawn" is trying to get an extra ribbon for no apparent reason.
    -Come to think of it, shouldn't there be some limit on registering for contests after you get 5 ribbons? Seems kind of unfair to the other contestants, and you'd think it'd ruin the Grand Festival brackets if odd numbers of people had ribbons thanks to a few people taking more than 5.
    -Salvia is doing a terrible job of acting like Dawn instead of a princess!
    -I have no idea what Dawn is stuck doing, but it looks rather unpleasant.
    -Jessie is seriously not happy that "Dawn" is doing so well.
    -Dawn is pretty terrible at being a princess. Who knew there was more to being a pretty princess than standing around and being pretty all day?
    -Dawn is also terrible at calling Salvia by the "right" name when she's cheering her on from her Special Princess Contest Guest seat.
    -Meanwhile, Jessie is absolutely slaughtering Salvia in battle. But Dawn's Ultra Cliche "Don't Give Up!" Speech gives Salvia the burst of confidence she needs to win! And for Jessie to flip out at there apparently being a second Dawn running around.
    -Salvia gives Jessie the ribbon in a surprisingly touching scene. Awww. More importantly, Jessie gets to go on to the Grand Festival! Hell yes!
    -And with about 40 seconds left, Salvia just fobs Togekiss off for Dawn to look after. There was so little(as in, NO) buildup to this throughout the episode that I honestly would have been going "what the hell" if I wasn't paying attention to the OP animation and the summaries of future episodes.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -Come to think of it, shouldn't there be some limit on registering for contests after you get 5 ribbons? Seems kind of unfair to the other contestants, and you'd think it'd ruin the Grand Festival brackets if odd numbers of people had ribbons thanks to a few people taking more than 5.
    That thought occurred to me as well, especially since unlike gym battles, only a certain amount of contests are held per year. That's why it makes sense that Gary could be able to obtain more than 8 badges per region without annoying anyone, whereas in the contest world, you might be ticking a lot of people off if you were to exceed the minimum.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    That thought occurred to me as well, especially since unlike gym battles, only a certain amount of contests are held per year. That's why it makes sense that Gary could be able to obtain more than 8 badges per region without annoying anyone, whereas in the contest world, you might be ticking a lot of people off if you were to exceed the minimum.
    maybe they have spare contests? there two case were people can enter in a contest after have five ribbons

1 to try a new pokemon out for a contest, you wouldn't want a pokemon you just caught in a contest without getting them use to contest.

2 if they have a aqua ribbon as it counts as a freebie ribbon in any GF you would like to keep it for when you need it

and plus I think the judges would be in on the act seeing that they Allow Salvia/Dawn to enter or they allow her to enter becuase of the Aqua ribbon

anyway my only question is was the butler in on the act? because when he was about to enter the first time Salvia return Togekiss to her ball right away. and plus he seem to be telling Dawn/Salvia when she was acting out of places.
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

With only 5 or so contests left, their wouldn't be any contests specifically for people who have more then 5 ribbons.

I wonder if Jessie will mention anything about it at the Grand Festival.

It was a good episode, glad to see Togekiss finally.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Totally didn't expect to see Salvia being embarrassed by wearing Dawn's short skirt/dress, that concept has never even been addressed before. And Dawn's scenes in the mansion reminded me a lot of the movie The Princess Diaries, especially the big meal scene where Mia makes one mistake and starts a chain reaction of comedy.

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Totally didn't expect to see Salvia being embarrassed by wearing Dawn's short skirt/dress, that concept has never even been addressed before. And Dawn's scenes in the mansion reminded me a lot of the movie The Princess Diaries, especially the big meal scene where Mia makes one mistake and starts a chain reaction of comedy.

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode.
    You read my mind lol, I was also going to say that, It also reminded me of The Princess Diaries. But seeing Dawn in this position was quite funny I have to say.
    I thought Togekiss and Dawn would seem rushed but it was an excellent story to it and Togekiss' characters unique.

Did anyone feel Togekiss was sort of motherly towards Piplup?

Once again, the writers planned for someone else to finish in this Contest. Well, I mean, of course since this is an animated show and the characters aren't real and have no free will. BUT when this happens, why does it always seem like an underdog is going to win it all and is doing a lot better the entire time, until the very end where PLOT DEVICE comes in and motivates our hero to save the day?

Jessie deserved the win, and good for her that she'll be appearing in the Grand Festival.

Togekiss' battling style is interesting.

It looks absolutely ridiculous standing on it's small little feet.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Once again, the writers planned for someone else to finish in this Contest. Well, I mean, of course since this is an animated show and the characters aren't real and have no free will. BUT when this happens, why does it always seem like an underdog is going to win it all and is doing a lot better the entire time, until the very end where PLOT DEVICE comes in and motivates our hero to save the day?
    Well it happens in all the Anime from Dragonball Z to Digimon. The main character gets some special spirit just when s\he is about to lose and the turns the battle around. At least that doesn't always happens in Ash's case. He has to find a strategy to break into the opponents methods so that he could win. If he fails he lose the battle.

It looks absolutely ridiculous standing on it's small little feet.
    I agree, Togekiss looks Hideous and Ugly with those feet.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Back when there was speculation on how Dawn was going to get her Togekiss my prediction was that she was either going to catch it or it would be given to her, and I was right about the latter. It was nice that the princess gave Jessie her 5th ribbon because she didn't need to do that. But I'm glad that she did because Jessie deserved to go to the GF and probably would have won that contest if Dawn and the Princess didn't swap. Great episode.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast