Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of a Royal Day (639)

Seeing Dawn and the Princess switch places was funny, especially with how big of a fan the Princess was, then it turns out all those official functions are stressful too. Even funnier was how she talked to "Musalina" while Jessie's wondering what's up with her this week. It was too bad Jessie lost, but at least she put up a good fight, and I'm still glad she made it into the Grand Festival too. Kind of funny that she was actually against accepting a pity Ribbon at first, compared to how she originally thought James and Meowth had gotten to the judges in an early contest that led to her first ribbon. Togekiss also seems like a fun Pokemon, and at least it completes Dawn's team for the GF. It came out of nowhere, but looking forward to seeing it in its GF match. I was almost disappointed they had a different seiyuu, but wonder how the dub will handle the voices in a few months.

I did miss the first five minutes of the episode, but I get the general idea. Dawn & Princess Salvia (I'm pretty sure I heard that) changing places was nice, so Salvia can enter a Pokémon Contest. I also liked how Salvia gave Jessie the ribbon, since Salvia doesn't need it, but Jessie does. Now Jessie qualifies for the Sinnoh Grand Festival! I also loved how Salvia gave Dawn her Togekiss so now Dawn has a full team of 6!
    10/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I definitely loved the episode. Surprised to see Salvia has the same name in the US DUB, but she was very awesome to see at last, along with her Togekiss. Having her and Dawn switch places for Salvia to compete in a Contest was very cool. Im glad to know Im not the only one from the episode to see Dawn competing in a contest when she already has 5 Ribbons; but it cant be too unobvious.
    But shame Dawn was horrible at acting like a proper Princess; now we know why Salvia wants to spread her wings out for once.

Salvia and Togekiss' appeal was really beautiful with the aurora at the end, and the final round was pretty good against Jessilina. Especially in the final round, how unclassy of Dawn to speak out to the field for Salvia. Glad to see Salvia won, and added to her experience to trying a Contest out. And then at the end, seeing her giving it to Jessie after their final round. Im so happy for Jessie now, as shes got 5 Ribbons, and can enter the Grand Festival now!

And with a final treat, Dawn is given Salvia's Togekiss. Pretty dang cool. Grand Festival isnt too far away now.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

It was a decent episode. Glad to hear the Head Judge's original voice dub in this ep. And is it me or wasTogekiss's voice not dubbed? Sound like they had kept the Japanese voice.

So Jessie's going all the way to the Grand Festival? I like how she's actually succeeding in something this generation even if her last win was "given" to her.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

"The Princess and the Pauper" would be a better suited title for this episode because that's what it reminds me of: The Prince and the Pauper except it takes place in modern times and doesn't star Mickey Mouse and the gang. I've just hatched a new idea to draw after seeing this. To makes things even better, not only does Dawn gets a cute Pokemon, she now has one of the most powerful sweepers in the OU metagame.

It's a great episode. Dawn switches places with a princess with a Togekiss, which looks bigger than I imagined. The Princess wins the contest and gives her ribbon to Jessie. Now Jessie can enter the Grand Festival. Also, Dawn gets a Togekiss from the princess, which is really neat.

I was very surprised when I saw the princess give the togekiss to Dawn!
    HG Fc- MIKE
    0561 1188 4685

Diamond Fc- MIKE
    3567 5821 0305

I was very surprised when I saw the princess give the togekiss to Dawn!
    HG Fc- MIKE
    0561 1188 4685

Diamond Fc- MIKE
    3567 5821 0305

This was a funny episode, lol.
    Dawn switching places was funny.
    Togekiss looks good.
    A funny arc about the princess being evil and then going on with ash and brock would of been hilarious.

This episode was good. It was a bit nice to see a Togekiss and an Air Slash. I liked how Team Rocket didn't realize that Dawn and the Princess swapped places.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    And is it me or wasTogekiss's voice not dubbed? Sound like they had kept the Japanese voice.
    She wasnt dubbed. Since Togekiss' dub name is the same as it's original name. They'll only dub a Pokemon's voice if it's name is distinctly different than the original ^_^

I liked the episode too. Though, I was kinda confused as to why no one but Jessie questioned 5 ribbon wining "Dawn" being in another contest o_O They dont have rules against that? Seems like anyone could steal a Grand Festival spot if thats the case D: Even still, Togekiss' debut was fun. Its a cute fit for Dawn :3
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 28th August 2010 at 11:36 PM.

~ Radiant Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I know that, but it doesn't make her any less of a jerk. You'd think at least one of twerps would say how this isn't fair. They always seem to be quick to point when other people aren't doing things fairly.
    Exactly!
    Throughout the episode I was rooting for Jessalina as it bothered me how nobody really seemed to care that "Dawn" took part and, moreover, even won.
    I would have expected that at least Brock would have the maturity to object and to tell the princess that this violates the rules of fair conduct in the Pokemon world in general.
    Also, Jessalina's great line precisely expressed what I'd been thinking until the end of the episode:
    "You're to be royally impartial. Nobody likes Princess Prejudice!"
    But thank God we had that conciliatory scene in which Jessie was given the ribbon she actually deserved. It made up for the previous unfairness and I'm glad we got it because this would otherwise have been another example how the writers sometimes throw basic principles overboard     Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Anyways, with that happy end it was a really awesome episode which I fully enjoyed. Seeing Dawn as uncouth princess was hilarious and Princess Salvia's comment on Dawn's outfit were priceless, no doubt about that

All in all, a great episode full of funny, exciting and also profound moments and a reconciling end.

7 out of 10 points
    Last edited by ash_forever; 29th August 2010 at 12:47 AM.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Okay...this was one of those episodes that I actually watched on T.V instead of just looking it up on a site or something. In fact, I woke up at 4:45AM and sat through horrible cartoons just to watch it...not an easy feat.

But anyways...I loved this episode. It takes a novel, The Prince and the Pauper and adds a Pokemon twist to it. Now then...some good factors are Dawn's near perfect twin Princess Salvia and her little dress switch. She looks good in a princess gown ^_^. Jessie does NOT deserve that ribbon, but I guess I still wanted her to compete in the Grand Festival and well...this is a good reason. Togekiss has it's JAPANESE VOICE ACTOR!! YAY!! I mean, I love the American dubbed voice actors, but for Pokemon, the original Japanese actors sound SO much better in my opinion.

But what do I not like about it? Well I love it how nobody notices that Salvia has that very strong accent. Also, the table scene with Dawn was an epic facepalm moment. Funny...and awesome!

8/10
    My partner is Torterra. Cause he has free food

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360 Turtwig FTW and In Uber~ Elementer

This episode was quite funny. I liked watching Dawn trying to cope with Salvia's princess duties and sitting through 80-something visits from various rich people. I'm also glad Togekiss kept its Japanese voice. The contest was okay, but the highlights for me was how Dawn and Salvia reacted to the switch, with Salvia claiming Jessie was her friend.

Did anyone else notice that towards the end, Salvia's accent started to sound really fake?

Something felt weird during the entire episode, yet I couldn't figure out until now. Salvia used Dawn's regular dress for the contest, instead of borrowing the pink one.

Also, togekiss moves taking a third of Jessie's score bar was just unfair. Once the *princess* took *Dawn's* side, the judges did as well. Jessie would never be allowed to win. There's dirt in pok&#233;mon world.
    3DS FC: 0044 3638 4020 - Ghost Safari

Looking for any pokemon with the move Celebrate

XY Global Link Medals: 150
    Battle Maison Trophies: 5
    Battle Maison Win Streak: 200 (Triple)

Another $%^&ing contest?!! Dawn's supposed to be done with these already!!

...Wait, what?? That's not Dawn?! That definitely warrants an investigation!

- So the gang are standing at the doorstep of the contest hall in the town that they're in, hell if I know what this town is named...
    - Then, from out of nowhere, they get stopped by the royalty of this town. I thought this stuff died off after WW 1.0! Apparantly not...
    - Seems that the princess, who is named Salvia, wants to parttake in that Contest, but there's one "tiny" problem: she has to attend a bunch of guest meets.
    - Thankfully, Dawn looks exactly like her, so they've agreed to switch positions... & clothing! Suffice to say, Salvia looks exactly like Dawn in her clothing, even though she's a tad embarrassed with the short skirt. Hell, she could've been Dawn's blood sister...
    - As the gang leave with the princess in disguise, Dawn has to contend with the guests - a whole %$^&load of them!!
    - Back at the contest, Jesselina makes herself known to the people & the Judges - how she got to the second phase, I didn't want to remember...
    - Salvia gets her chance to appeal, & she uses her Togekiss. It fired an Aura Sphere into the sky, Sky Attacked it so that the sphere split into several more spheres, & lastly broke them up simultaneously, thus creating a psuedo-aroura.
    - Back with Dawn, the guest meets ar all done, & she's spent. Unfortunately for her, there's more: lunch, but not the kind that we're used to. After all, they're royalty, so they eat like royalty.
    - This kind of meal is waaay too formal for Dawn, as once she fumbled something, the whole thing becomes a disaster area...
    - Back at the contest, Salvia makes it to the second phase, & tells ash & Brock how she felt in the appeals. Her heart was pounding during the appeals? The fact that she's an adrenaline junkie is the last thing I would expect from a princess...!
    - Once the second phase starts, we see that Dawn has to actually attend this part of the contest, on the royal balcony!!
    - Now, the finals are upon us - it's down to Jesselina vs. Salvia!
    - At first, Jesselina gets off to a great start & gets Salvia on the ropes, but just as she's about to give up, Dawn up in the balcony shouts out to her to fight until the bitter & bloody end!
    - Getting a Second Wind, Salvia gives it her all, which manages to give Seviper a case of Dead. The ribbon is hers!
    - Back at the coordinator room, Jesselina is looking down, until the princess gives her the ribbon, seemingly in pity...
    - As thanks for getting her into the contest, Salvia gives Dawn her Togekiss for her to use however she wants.
    - Now that everything is done & over with, Dawn & Salvia take back their respective places, & the gang return to their endeavors.
    - The last thing is, Salvia's butler (or father, hell if I know what he is...) scolds her on her manners in the past, completely oblivious as to what she had done.

Talk about pulling a fast one... That's what Salvia had done in order to partake in the contest. Thankfully, since Dawn matched her looks down to the ^$#%ing DNA Strands, it was pulled off without anyone being the wiser. & In turn, Dawn now has a Togekiss. Unfortunately, it's most likely that it's way too late for it to make much, if any difference in her career as a coordinator. Not only that, the fact that Salvia gave Jessie her ribbon was the thing that outraged me. That means I'm bringing my sniper rifle to this Razzle Dazzle Festival.

*readies his rifle*
    Last edited by Brumrha; 30th August 2010 at 12:59 AM.

Great episode.

Having Salvia and Dawn switching roles made this episode an entertaining one. Still, I just can't shake off the fact that Dawn and Salvia should be related to one another. There just got to be some connection between their lineage. This is just as coincidental with Jessie and Jessiebelle...

What I did not like is when Dawn just had to open her mouth and give Salvia some encouragement during the battle.... Lucky for Dawn for having royalty power or else I would have pushed her off the balcony.

Great to see Togekiss as well. I'm guessing they kept the original Japanese voice. Sounds more better like that. One thing that bugs me is how Aura Sphere and Air Slash almost looks exactly the same.

Now with Dawn having Togekiss things should get more interesting.

7.5/10
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

Loved this episode loved how Dawn has a doppleganger and how she struggled being the princess, Wanted Jessie to get the ribbon but she finally got it anyway so yay she can now be in the grand festival. And Togekiss is really cute I love it ^_^

I liked this episode. It was funny that Dawn couldnt handle being a princess.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

I liked this episode, and I picked up on the fact that Ash was the first to compliment Dawn's looks.

Poor Dawn. Having trouble with princess moments. When she yells at Salvia during the contest, i wasn't watching! XD

"You can do it, Princess!...I mean, me!...I mean, what do I mean?" XD

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Dawn's mini-skirt is so mini that even Princess Salvia had to admit that it makes her feel embarrassing XD. Even though she's the doppelganger of Dawn, I liked Princess Salvia more than Dawn because she just has a deeper personality than Dawn. I also liked Princess Salvia's contest battling (again, 10X better than Dawn) and her background medieval music.
    "Your signature was too epic! My epeen couldn't handle its epicness" - so called half-arsed mod (they know who they are)

Jessie must be angry that Princess Salvia (She didn't know it was Dawn) was being partial

I had no idea that Togekiss was so huge!

We haven't seen anyone get a pity ribbon/badge for a long time!
    Well, at least I haven't.

So this is the episode where Dawn get's a Togekiss.
    I think it's a an awesome fit for her, and it will make a nice addition for the Grand Festival.
    Last edited by Painkiller2001; 8th March 2011 at 7:08 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast