Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanto or Hoenn.

Default Kanto or Hoenn.

Hmm, whats a better, more fun and adventurous Region.

Hoenn

Or

Kanto?

Who else thinks Kanto pwns?
    and Hoenn sucks?

Well here's your chance to post your views!

Enjoy

DetIronix

;]
    IMAGE REMOVED TO BREAKING RULES! READ THIS BEFORE REMOVING THIS MESSAGE: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=430446

Team DETIRONIX!

ill go for hoenn, somehow i feel like you are at a new area even if you've been there tons of times already and i also think that kanto is a really small region and i was really disappointed when started playing FR and found out that the only new addition were the sebii islands
    Name: ChAoS FC: 5027 8008 6359

I liked and enjoyed both but I'll have to give it to Hoenn. I really liked the Tropical feel of the region and the pokemon. Plus the Battle Frontier in Emerald gives it way more replayability than FRLG.

Hoenn.

I don't like Hoenn that much though, perhaps because of the graphics. However, to me Hoenn is still better, probably cause it's not that hard to get around, as is Kanto unless you have a pokemon that can use the HM Fly.
    Don't know what it is, but it's epic
    Entei + Raikou + ? =
    Legendaries are FTW ...not...

Meh, epic sig fail......why did I even bother, and what's with those pesky numbers?

Hoenn dropkicks Kanto, combos with an uppercut, goes into an immediant flurry of random karate chops, and finally finishes with either a Falcon Punch or a roundhouse kick, which ever you prefer.

Hoenn, like previously said, makes you feel like it's a new adventure every time. It also has the best cast of charas.
    <---Mah SS team, which is clearly superior to all of yours. Credit goes to Gladeshadow of the Dark Valley Request Shop.

Put this in your sig if you agree that Zoroark and his prevo are super ugly. (Started by GolemGuy)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

I prefer Kanto. It was more of a challenge, and FRLG's Elite Four got a boost after you beat them.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

IMO both are great, both have strong points and weakneses but Hoenn, sadly, has the dreaded sea route between Mosdeep and Sootopolis that just spams and spams and spams annoying water types.
    Crossroads of Infinity

Some say each of us is the hero of his or her own tale. Some experience this more vividly than others, some desire it more than anything else and sometimes, just sometimes, these tales clash and intertwine when one least expects them to.

Hmm, whats a better, more fun and adventurous Region.

All a matter of opinion right? I think the first image I get in my head when I hear "adventurous Pokemon game" is Sapphire (or Ruby/Emerald, whatever). Not only does the ingame music in Hoenn sound adventurous and fresh, the gameplay is fresh too. New Pokemon, tons of new things to discover, it's a real adventure. Kanto is ok, but I've played in Kanto in every generation to date and I would like a different challenge so Hoenn is a bit more adventurous to me.

Kanto might tie with it if you included the Sevii islands - otherwise Hoenn is much better.

The underwater region is just awesome, and the graphics are also more adventurous.
    PM me if you need any help with in-game or competitive movesets, 1st to 4th Generation.
    Smogon University

Hoenn feels like a rehash of Kanto to me. Which is ironic 'cos Sinnoh has more in common with Kanto than Hoenn, and yet Sinnoh feels somehow fresh.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Hoenn I feel is more fun travelling in, more time it takes
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

Hoenn, it introduced double battles and contests.

I'd have to say Hoenn.

I prefer Hoenn. More innovative. There are also many things that were not in Kanto, as competitions and contests and more interesting things that made me love it more.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Kanto. Less water routes, and less HMs they force you to use.
    Currently playing: Pokemon Black, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Halo Anniversary

Ho-ho-ho-hoenn all the way. Personally Kanto was my least favorite land, I even started with 2st gen as my favorite games. I just never liked them.

On the other hand, Hoenn is my absolute favorite. i love the pokemon, even though a lot people despise them for some reason, and the plot was great as well.

I like both Kanto and Hoenn. They are different but both have cool features. All regions are different and special. The Sevii Islands were also a nice touch for Kanto.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Talking

Yeah, They're both nice,
    but when it comes to nostalgia,
    I'd go with Kanto every time.
    Username; Arcadia IL, U.S.A CST -6 GMT

3DS FC; 3308-5191-3462

Am Currently playing Pokémon X.
    Am Ghost type in friend Safari. Lampent, Phantump, and a Rare Spiritomb.
    One of my Fav types! Feel free to add or PM me!

I have Officially Claimed Gengar!
    Because He Rules!

Hoenn
    I liked the water routes for some reason.
    3ds code or whatever. PM me if you add me.

1779-0560-2201

Shiny Count (From Gen 3 - 6)

Sharpedo - Caught as a Carnavana in Sapphire
    Machamp - As a Macoke in Platinum
    Venusaur - as an Ivysaur in friend safari
    Gothorita - in friend safari
    Quilladin - in friend safari
    Magneton - in friend safari
    Ivysaur #2 - in friend safari
    Kakuna - in friend safari
    Omanyte - Hatched thanks to the will of Lord Helix.

Friend Safari is OP.

Hoenn is the better out of the 2 in my opinion. Probably because of the graphics and the ability to dive underwater.

I like them both, but I have always liked the old regions more, so I would have to side with Kanto.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

diving underwater was cool, but kanto is the best. kanto started the whole pokemon phenomenon, anyways.

I'm torn between these regions, on one hand, I like Kanto as it was what started it all, and on the other, I really enjoyed Hoenn's story, as it was the most action packed one out of all the Generation's storylines.

But you could do so much in Hoenn, so Hoenn it is for me.
    ARCEUS, THE ORIGINAL ONE

Heh, there's no place like Hoenn.

Seriously, Hoenn is my favorite region. It's big enough, and very beautiful. All the locations are unique from one another, whereas Kanto locations just look almost the same as one another, and has the most simple and boring routes of any region. Hoenn has amazing and creative towns like Sootopolis, Pacifidlog, Fortree, and Fallarbor. Hoenn has a massive amount of water, and you can even dive. The region also has some of the absolute coolest and most adventurous routes, such as Route 111, and Route 113.

What the heck does Kanto have? Even in HGSS, it has a slight blandness. Maybe it's just me. I like Kanto, I just think the newer regions have surpassed it, and Hoenn absolutely puts it to shame.

Hoenn any day! I was blown away by the difference in graphics between it and the GBC when it first game out, the new features like berries and competitions, the new pokemon, the music, etc, and I think that left a huge impression on me. Plus, there's a personal element, in that it came during some of the best days of my life, AND I've got a completed pokedex. It's, by far, my favourite region.
    My perfect team:

Games: RBYG, GSC, RSE, FRLG, DPPt, SSHG, Stadium 1 and 2, Snap, Hey You Pikachu, Channel, Mystery Dungeons: RBTDS, Rangers: original and Almia, Colosseum, XD, TCG, Trozei, Battle Revolution (also, bootlegs of PM Adventure, Mewtwo Strikes Back, Diamond/Jade, and hoping to get Naranja).

Currently Gaming: SS

I am desperate for a Deoxys in my Ruby Version. If you are in Estonia (Tallinn, preferably), speak English, and are interested in a trade for your Deoxys, PM me. I will trade any non-legendary, non-shiny pokemon of any level, any personality, and any moveset for one.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast