Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanto or Hoenn.

Hoenn all the way its the best region in the whole of the pokemon games. there is so much to do like the battle tower and the battle frontier if you have emerald. it also started off the third gen for pokemon. Besides Kanto has just lost its touch, god it has been in all of the gens give it a rest would you. Anyway go HOENN
    My Champion team:

NAME: Damon
    FC:2493 1341 5674

Kanto. cant beat the originals.

Kanto. Hoenn was filled with water routes, I swear half the region is water. Sky pillar was cool, but Cerulean cave > Sky Pillar. The music in kanto far surpasses that of Hoenn, be it the creepy cave music to the wondefully adventurous route music. Kanto's size was just perfect also, meaning that fly wasn't necessary to reach most places quickly yet it didn't feel too small.

The E4 was also the most rewarding for me.

Plus Vermilion city is probably my favourite place in the pokemon games, I don't know why but it feels like home.

Hmm

Hoenn. And yes you can too beat the originals.

If you want to do a comparative study, drop the whole "nostalgia" crap and look at the two regions.

Kanto - yes, it was the original, but as with all originals - it lacks the creativity that the newer regions present:

Double Battles - twice the Pokémon, twice the challenge

Contests - I'm a proud Coordinator at heart - it takes a different kind of skill to compete

Music - the Hoenn soundtrack was absolutely AMAZING!!
    Wild Pokémon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtDpNeWQoO0
    Elite Four - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1hBm4LRZRw
    (it's terrifying, a bit - plus, the Elite Four here have THEIR OWN THEME!)
    Elite Four Encounter - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfTKl...eature=related
    (it's when you talk to them - freakin' scary! Imagine how GREAT it will sound when they re-do Hoenn!!!)

When you compare - it's like people preferring an old "brick" cell phone to something like...the iPhone or Droid and whining "But-but-but...it's the original!"
    Tauros tastes like beef. YAY! I'M A POKÉMON SOMMELIER!

Cool HOENN PWNS kanto

Hoenn is no doubt the BEST Pokemon region ever. It's tropical and like others have said, it feels like a fresh start each time. Kanto is small and old. It has been in EVERY generation and is repetitive and BORING! GO HOENN!

I like Kanto, It might have boring inland routes, but I like the routes near the seaside like route 25 and route 12

Hoenn wins easy here.

I love how tropical and diverse it is, and all those open sea routes give you such a neat feeling! The E4 and their levels were perfect for me, the landscpae was awesome, the storyline was epic, and the first battle frontier was awesome. I still get this funny feeling when I go to the battle frontier in Emerald...Plus it was my first and my favorite region!
    Sorry, but Kanto's gotten a little stale, and lets face it, despite it being the original, things are usually prone to get better as they go on.

Kanto ftw here

I hated hoenn.........
    I accept clones in most cases. I will not accept Hacks. If you RNG I will always accept them, but please let me know they're RNGed.

3DS Friend Code: 4270 1745 5626

Pokemon X IGN: Brimo

Kanto is better than Hoenn, but Hoenn certainly dosent suck.
    I have claimed Arcanine

[Please read the rules. Your picture was way too big.]

Quote Originally Posted by xmikeyxlikesitx View Post
    Music - the Hoenn soundtrack was absolutely AMAZING!!
    Wild Pokémon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtDpNeWQoO0
    Elite Four - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1hBm4LRZRw
    (it's terrifying, a bit - plus, the Elite Four here have THEIR OWN THEME!)
    Elite Four Encounter - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfTKl...eature=related
    (it's when you talk to them - freakin' scary! Imagine how GREAT it will sound when they re-do Hoenn!!!)
    Agreed. The Hoenn E4 music is ridiculously awesome, and Steven's Champion Battle Theme blows me away every time I listen to it. I was rather sad when I heard Cynthia's Champion music. It sounded very anti-climatic compared to Steven's. T_T

//COMIC//JAY TANAKA//

"Aw, crap, it's the mature lady. She's too smart."
    -Devestator2000

I like both regions. Kanto is where it started for me and I have great memories with it. My favorite pokemon come from the first gen. On the other hand, Hoenn was a great region too. It had many neat and interesting towns and routes. I liked the story from both games. In the end, I like the Hoenn region a little better because its a larger region to explore and it had more things to do. Both great regions though

Hoenn for me.

I loved R/S/E. I thought they were so fresh and new. The landscaping was legit, it felt more like a real world than Kanto. Kanto was amazing, but it has been done way to many times and it is a bit bland (IMO). Hoenn was a fresh start, and as others have said, it still feels new every time you play it.

I'll go with Hoenn too.

Kanto is classic Pokemon, very basic and simple, and the Pokemon are comfortable and enjoyable. The region and characters in FRLG were all interesting and fun, too.

But Hoenn... Hoenn excited more than Kanto does, if only because of Kanto's huge presence across the whole franchise. We've had a lot of Kanto, but Hoenn is the most unique region they've made so far. The characters were not cookie cutter replicas of previous incarnations. Case in point: the complaint about your rivals not being very rivally. Hoenn's region and cast stands out from the crowd and makes your heart pump.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Hoeen for me. The pokemon are actually better designed, with more thought being out it on instead of randomly throwing on a horn onto it. Also the hoenn is where the in game mechaninces we have now were started, as well as introducing new concepts that later games tried to copy, such as a volcano(Mt.Ember and Stark mountain later). It was the first game to introduce abilities, which have greatly altered how the game is played. And to finish my rant, it was the region with the first team(s) who actually had a serious, ironclad goal, instead of TR's vague, lets dominate the world goal.

I would choose both, Hoenn for the different areas, and Kanto for the Sevii Islands.

I think Hoenn is better. Hoenn was fun, fresh, and feels completely new every time you play it. Not only that, but there was so much to do once you beat the Pokemon League. Hoenn is what Sinnoh tried to be, only Sinnoh failed epically. IMO the reigons go: Johto(containing Kanto), Hoenn, Kanto, Johto(by itself), Sinnoh. in my opinion, most of Gen IV sucked. sepecially Combee. but i'm not going to start that flame war, especially because i loved a lot about Gen IV. But compared to ther others...

Quote Originally Posted by Aladar View Post
    Hoenn, sadly, has the dreaded sea route between Mosdeep and Sootopolis that just spams and spams and spams annoying water types.
    It's called a Max Repel.

I prefer Hoenn. Unless you count in the Sevii Islands, then they're tied. There just seems to be more things to do.

As much as I love 3rd Gen Kanto, I have to go with Hoenn, more specifically Emerald's Hoenn. I absolutely LOVE the tropical region, and all of the different terrain in it. I especially love Fortree City, with it's mix of human living and nature. With the Battle Frontier, Trainer Hill, Contests, Battle Tents, Safari Zone Expansion, and Mini-Game House, it's got a LOT to do. Not to mention how it handles Secret Bases, and makes them a part of the world.
    Someone with a passion for video games, writing, and reading. Remember, every story has a purpose, even if it's hard to find. That's what makes the adventure so exciting.

I use what I like, and play by the Worlds rules (meaning OHKO, Evasion, et alia. are allowed). I don't care about EVs or IVs, or the community-based competitive rules and metagame. Take that as you will.

Kanto FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander#4 View Post
    If Pokémon existed in the real world, people would flip coins before sex.
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/1y1uep.jpg[/IMG]

Credits for the picture above go to bulbagarden forum user "herbie".

Just some of my favorite Pokemon

Hoenn, my absolute favorite land. Route 119 is my favorite route of any game and Hoenn has all of my favorite Pokemon.

This is a very tough decision, but in the end, I would have to go with Hoenn. It was the first region I ever played through and it will always be the best in my eyes, especially Emerald.

I think Hoenn is better than Kanto. It does have that more adventurous feel to it, as well as the awesome underwater routes. I enjoyed Kanto a little more when I was back in third grade and first started playing Red version.

I'll say Hoenn. I liked the region better and there were more things to do and I liked the Pokemon better

My vote goes to Kanto, because I've found Hoenn to be incredibly boring. (despite popular opinion)

Picture used in signature is from Pixiv

i like kanto. there's something really classical about it... but i like hoenn a lot, too. hoenn's nice and tropical... but i prefer the more urban feel of kanto.

hi tryhards, i'm 100% charming
    warfare please love me i'm your liverliverliverliverliver

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast