Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanto or Hoenn.

Sorry Kanto but there's just a lot more to do in Hoenn (trick house anyone?), Also more terrain variety.

-cough- Orre -cough-

Hoenn definitely was more refreshing in that generation, seeing as Kanto was just remake and expanded a bit. Hoenn was a new frontier, ready to be explored.
    Currently Doing:
    | Platinum Nuzlocke |
    | YouTube |

I personally prefer Hoenn, as I found Kanto to be rather boring. Hoenn is, in my opinion, the most unique region to be created so far. I like the tropical feel, and the water routes really aren't that bad to me. I loved to dive underwater and was disappointed when they removed that feature. It was something different and made traveling more challenging while also giving you something interesting to do.
    God is awesome.

NamelessShippingHunterShipping
    グリシル

You can view my full list of ships here.

I like the Hoen region for exploring and I liked the terrian of Hoen; however, I love the Kanto Pokemon (they are some of my favorite by far). I like them both though.

I liked Kanto, but I'm going to have to give it to Hoenn because of its sheer size and diverse terrain. Although I will say most of the Hoenn pokemon feel kind of bland.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I enjoy both but Hoenn is more interesting and varied than Kanto. I like being able to travel underwater and the different climates among the areas in Hoenn. I do still love Kanto for nostalgic purposes but since it's been in every generation, it gets a bit old.
    HeartGold FC: 5199 5555 6743

It is a bit close for me. I'd love to go Kanto for nostalgia's sake, but I;m going to have to vote Hoenn, excluding all the Ocean. I love water and all, but that was a bit much
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Hoenn was an awesome adventure for the 3rd gen. I love Hoenn because of the terrain and numerous things to do, I loved the exploration of the Sea Routes. Ruby version was my first game, too xP.
    Have you heard of a SNES game called "Tetris Attack"? It's possibly my favourite game of all time.

Have you heard of a popular Series Called "Pokemon"? It's possibly my favourite Series of all time.

Oh wait... That's most likely what you're here about.

Kanto hands down for me. Although I did like Hoenn I found it to be boring (but just me).

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I really like Hoenn and it's got alot of cool stuff but i love Kanto. I think the gyms, pokemon and places to explore are awesome.

AtsuMina <3

I say Hoenn. As other people said, it was better to play through a new adventure than an old one.

For me - Hoenn. Especially because of the plot, loved the Teams/Gyms/Contest much more than Kanto.
    Of course Kanto was good, but not as the Hoenn region.

Hoenn. I started with it in Emerald, but still.
    I liked Kanto, but it was kind of plain and repetitive.
    Even though I've played through Hoenn dozens of times, I will never get bored of it.
    This should have been a poll.
    ... ... ... ... ... ...
    ... ... ... ... ... ...

I am going to have to go with Kanto, just because the nostalgia. I thought that Hoenn was very good as well, better than Sinnoh, but just not big enough. Kanto was always great, but when FR/LG came out with the Sevi Islands, I really began to love Kanto.

Riki Tiki Tavi

I reckon Hoenn was better than Kanto. Personally, I found the plot in Hoenn to be far more deep and interactive than Kanto's plot. The environments in Hoenn also appeal to me due to their variations, such as Mt. Chimney, the desert area in Route 111 and the numerous sea routes with many dive spots.
    The colours I had have faded and I've been wanting to tell you
    That there's no significance to it.
    Even though the dawn no longer comes, and I cannot hear you again,
    I'm still hoping for the day that we can truly smile again.

Celluloid ~ Miku Hatsune
    Credit to my real-life friend, Isabelle

hoenn, without a doubt. i liked hoenn pokemon more than any other pokemon, and it has a better battle frontier than 4th gen.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Default Hoenn

I started becoming a poke freak during the 3rd generation and always liked the hoenn region. The only let down of Ruby and Sapphire is that you cant catch many classic pokemon and have to trade from Fire Red and Leaf Green. I also like the fact that hoenn is a tropical region(I like Tropic terrain). If I were to live in hoenn, however, I would pick verdanturf town because of its tranquility. I hope game freak makes a new and improved remake of ruby and sapphire during the 5th genertion!

Hoenn. The areas are better. Desert,dive,and the cave with the tides. Though in kanto it was alot easier to level up.

if i had to pick. I would say Hoenn, for a number of reasons:
    1)Intro of both contests and BF
    2) In my opinion the hoenn game had the hardest gym leader, Norman. at least he's hard if your unprepared.
    3) Having two bad teams made it less dry.
    4) The land had an interesting layout. Adding in weather conditions, etc. was nice.
    5) good E4 and final champ.

However, Johto is still my favorite.

Ding-ding, time for celebrity deathmatch in the Dome of Doom. Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin the blue corner, with the title of first region to be visited, it's our blast from the past, Kanto! Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin the red corner, volcanoes, deserts, fighting legendaries and cities built on water, what doesn't this region have? It's Hoenn!

Both regions step into the ring, take a step forward. Kanto goes for the gut, Hoeen sidesteps and delivers a great sock into Kanto's jaw! Kanto's stumbling, and Hoenn just keeps going and going! Kanto delivers a weak punch, blocked by Hoenn who finishes it off with a kick to Kanto's head! We have a conclusive winner here, Hoenn!!!

Yeah. Hoenn. It was so cool with all the stuff and things.
    It appears I cannot think of a good signature.

Hoenn because it is different from other regions.
    True Trainers Use Their Favourite Pokemon Not The Toughest.

I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Ive always liked both. Kanto was the original, although my first game was Sapphire. I like playing both and find both to be a lot of fun. Although if I hadto pick, Hoenn, the pokemon are all just original and cool and the gym leaders and E4 members are great. Kanto just falls a little flat, but is still a great game. Oh and theres no contest in Kanto.....not cool.....

I like both Kanto and Hoenn. Kanto was the first one but eventually got boring for me. Hoenn has some sick pokemon and I like how Hoenn has 2 evil teams. The storyline between yourself, Team Aqua, and Team Magma is pretty sick and I'd say a lot more interesting than just you fighting Giovanni and some weak Rocket Grunts a couple times. I pick Hoenn.

Hoenn. By far.
    Hoenn is my favorite region until now. It was a little bit tropic, wich I loved, but also the variety. It has some big city's (Rustburo, Mauville), some small towns (Littleroot, Oldale, Verdanturf) some exotic town's (Lavaridge!), some islands (Dewford, Mossdeep), and my personal favorite, some water city's (Pacifildoc, Sootopolis).

Also, there were some forest's, an ice cave, and a meteor cave.

There were also some pokemon wich I liked the most of all pokemon regions. Most of my favorite poké's came from Hoenn.

There was introduced some new thing to do: Contests!
    Also some small things wich I enjoyed like the two evo's from Wurmple, a cool team (IMO), Secret Base's, and more.

It also contained some things wich were worse then in R/B/Y or G/S/C.
    There were the worst trio in this game; the Regi's.
    I thought it was some little bit too hard to discover them, and, I think that a full defensive trio was some little bit to much.
    I like defensive poké's, but not when it's one full trio of defensive poké's.

And I thought that Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza were better then the other box mascots.
    Cottonee is mine :3
    Claims; Shirley (Code Geass) and Dahlia Hawthorne (Ace Attorney)-

I agree that Hoenn was quite impressive; it was quite innovative in its design and I especially like Pacifidlog town. However, Kanto (having appeared in every generation to date) does provide a sense of nostalgia (the sleeping Snorlax, Silph Co., the Game Corner) and quite a good sideplot as well, and although in my opinion neither compare to Johto, Kanto just edges it for me.

Marching On Together

English And Proud

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast