Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanto or Hoenn.

Personally, Hoenn is one of my favorites. It was the first one I actually played (I had the original gold and yellow, but I was too little to actually play), so it's kind of sentimental for me. I also thought this had the coolest batch of starters and so much more to it overall.

Quote Originally Posted by xxDanixx View Post
    Personally, Hoenn is one of my favorites. It was the first one I actually played (I had the original gold and yellow, but I was too little to actually play), so it's kind of sentimental for me. I also thought this had the coolest batch of starters and so much more to it overall.
    I don't know...
    Johto is my favorite but I still thoroughly enjoy Hoenn and I'm still playing it!
    As for the starters, excellent. Mudkip finishes as a ground water so it pwnz, and Blaziken is very fast but it's a fighting fire-type which is great. As far as Treeko goes, I HATE Sceptile but love the two others. The starters themselves have excellent types by the end, nothing really compares. I mean you have Charizard as Flying-Fire and Venusaur as Grass-Poison but it really doesn't compare to Ground-Water and Fighting-Fire. My favorite starters-the Pokemon themselves w/ no evolutions and not counting types- have to be Johto. I just love em` all
    But as types go, and final evolutions: Hoenn is the best, hands-down.

User is a Confirmed Hacker

Don't listen to the hacker part stated in my sig, it isn't true and I don't deserve it. I didn't hack anything, all of my trades are 100% legit and if you find that what I traded isn't legit we can trade back no questions asked. I got that because someone complained because I was using "hacked Pokemon" in a battle when I wasn't. I'll be happy to prove to anyone anything before trading.

kanto it was the orignal region aka the birth of those games
    zorua is soooo kawaii

Hoenn is still the best region, Kanto has a lot of memories but as a region is very plain.
    SAPH

Hoeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

Great geography, lovely pokemon variety, more interesting NPC's, just generally better in my opinion.

I claimed Skarmory!

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

never played hoenn, so kanto of course
    Boredom is boring

I like Kanto Anime wise much more it was funnier and cooler I guess cause it was brand new at the time. But I like Hoenn game wise and I like the pokemon lines a bit more, plus region wise Tropical is my fave and it's varied with deserts and water routes and many islands. Hoenn overall is my favorite Kanto 2nd.
    Signature deleted for taunting staff.

- Keep this sh-t up Boss, see what happens.
    Quote by Ethan

You should have talked to me about the sig if the light bondage offended you so much, lack of communication often leads to this, so remember that online citizens who don't like sexy stuff (with women in it anyways).

Hmm neither really jump out at me like Sinnoh does, but I supposed Hoenn since it has cooler looking Dragon types, my favorite types.

Hoenn all the way. Kanto is okay, but I haven't played much of it. Hoenn is more adventurous and it also has the Battle Frontier (in Emerald). Hoenn is more interesting as well (the storyline). Especially the bit in Sootopolis [Groudon VS Kyogre].
    [IMG]http://i29.*******.com/5f0ze0.png[/IMG]

Sig by me

Diamond FC - 3395 1993 2150 [KESHAN]
    Platinum FC - 2321 4526 2950 [Keshan]
    HeartGold FC - 4255 0262 6619 [Keshan]

I started with the 3rd gen and I prefered the Kanto reigon more than Hoenn. Hoenn has more stuff which I like maybe if they remake it will be better

that is a tough one ,but I have to say hoenn.I started with the 3rd gen. And with emerald, and the storyline, and pokemon, battle frontier ..... awsome!!!

I would have to go with Hoenn all the way.It had Tropical like areas and the ability dive underwater was a nice addition to the games.Kanto was more like a revist of the games with the most hype over glitches that don`t have them present this time around.The only time I would Kanto is durning the II gen remakes in the IV gens game.But on track again,Hoenn was better more in Emerald than RS.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Hoenn because of Dive and places like Fortree City.

Riki Tiki Tavi

Hoenn. I like the cool features that they brought! They brought almost all the best pokemon! Lots of people say they like kanto more cause they started there. Yet half the pokes they use are from Hoenn!

Hoenn.. Kanto was pretty much a town, then a city, then another town.
    But Hoenn was cool. It had a volcano, and Fortree City, and Sootopolis.. goodness, Sootopolis was neat. xD I liked that the E4 actually had a city, even if it wasn't exactly a city, more of a Pokemon center, a cave, and the Plateau. Regardless.. I think Hoenn also had better Pokemon. The starters weren't my favorite, but Pokemon like Aggron, Exploud, Metagross and Flygon are awesome.
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/ayu8fo.png[/IMG]
    Current FireRed team.
    Banner by me.

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat
    values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my
    way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I
    catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them
    like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use
    this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
    (Started by Tyranitar)

Hoenn is a lot more fun to travel around. There's a beach, a volcano, a lift to the top of the volcano, a hot spring, and a bunch of great cities like Fortree.

Kanto's cities are all pretty generic and there aren't many natural land marks. It's quite plain.

Edit: Rank up!
    Last edited by Swampert_trainer; 3rd August 2010 at 11:03 AM.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Hoenn definitely. I live in Puerto Rico, and when I played Ruby back when I was in elementary school, I immediately felt drawn to Hoenn's landscape. It's very similar to where I live, and the exotic locals such as the desert, volcano, and rainforests made for one of the most fun and interesting regions to explore.

Kanto is still amazing, though, and for what was the first region in the series, they certainly did a great job designing it with numerous interesting landmarks.

I love them both, but I have to say Hoenn. Love the ability to dive, wish they'd bring it back!
    Amphy

I'm also AmphyOrca on deviantART, visit my page and if you have an account, comment!http://www.amphyorca.deviantart.com
    Join Create-a-Region Club, and the online home page! http://www.createaregionclub.webs.com

Hoenn. Kanto has stuff. Hoenn has more, better stuff.

Kanto. Hoenn has stuff. Kanto has more, better stuff.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I like Hoenn a lot better because of the Underwater stuffs, Secret Bases, etc.
    I'm tired of signatures...

I only played Emerald out of the 3rd gen games but I like HGSS Kanto better than Emerald Hoenn.

~Latiosify

Call me nostalgic (or old-school, or Ishmael), but I have to give it up to Kanto. Simplicity I find often has a greater appeal towards me, but the big decider comes from the fact that Kanto was the region that first introduced myself (and likely many others) to Pokemon.

Call me nostalgic (or old-school, or Ishmael), but I have to give it up to Kanto. Simplicity I find often has a greater appeal towards me, but the big decider comes from the fact that Kanto was the region that first introduced myself (and likely many others) to Pokemon.

Good question... I have to say both :P Kanto for the nostalgia and the old pokes, Hoenn for the story line, new pokes, and dive XD

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast