Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Kanto or Hoenn.

there both great in there own ways but hoenn is better in my opinion

Hmm, whats a better, more fun and adventurous Region.
    Definitely Hoenn.

Kanto is very easy to get around and Hoenn has more ocean, more diverse terrain and more interesting towns. In Kanto, everywhere you go is basically the same. In Hoenn you can Dive underwater, you have a desert, Route 114, the rainy and lush routes around Fortree (which is a cool town IMO), you have Meteor Falls, Mt. Chimney, Mt. Pyre (which I prefer to Lavender Town's Pokemon Tower), and not mention Pacifidlog Town, Sootopolis City and the Battle Frontier in Emerald (which was HUGE and had all those cool buildings).

Don't get me wrong, I love the 1st generation, but Hoenn as a region was a lot more fun in my opinion. In FR/LG the cities and routes are more plain, which is okay because they are remakes of the very first games and back then, games were simple. They couldn't really do anything to spice up the locations -- they just didn't have the means.

When R/S/E came out, games had gotten a bit more complex. Graphics improved and they were able to be more creative and add more detail with an entirely new game. Whereas FR/LG had to stay true to the originals. So R/S/E definitely has an edge against FR/LG aesthetically, and ultimately gameplay-wise because of that.

Hoenn for me I loved the pokemon and its legendaries within the story. I always loved seeing the weather change when Kyogre and Groudon fought.
    The marriage between Princess Peach from the Mario world and Cractus from the Wario world will begin

3DS FC: 2552-0845-5282
    Feel free to add me ^_^

The one thing FR/LG had over RSE - The Sevii Islands. Both regions work with me though.

Both regions have their ups and downs. For me I like RSE because the first game I got was Ruby. But I also like FRLG because I also got Leaf Green. I like Hoenn because of the fact that the cities are different and not just a bunch of random buildings. I don't like that the last third of the game you fight only Water types it's a killer for Fire type training and they can be useful in the Elite four considering the Champion in RS. But Kanto is really cool and fun and has it's own appeal. Although I don't like the limited number of fire types in both regions, that was a low point.

Kanto. I don't know, Hoenn never really appealed to me. I didn't have a lot of fun playing RSE and I hated the music from that region

Hoenn and Kanto appealled to me, I can see why FRLG had to recreate the original RBY and couldn't do much except update graphics and the computer interface and yes because they stuck close to the original plot with not many changes (such as Moltres not being encountered at the end of Victory Road) and the added extras of the islands including encountering johto pokemon.

As for Hoenn the map was original, it didn't have to live up to a generational legend of a game and it didn't need to be remastered to appeal to a younger generation and to the original generation that played its predecessor. The pokemon was original, even if the fire pokemon was limited in wild encounters. I've owned all RSE and FrLg and I like playing both games, both of them have their quirks, pros and cons. I must admit I've restarted my hoenn game more times than FrLg, the hoenn region holds my record of the quickest time to complete story mode (at 16hrs, obviously without cheats)
    Oliver
    FC (WHITE): 2709 1589 3229
    Trade Shop
    (Shop closed until I can buy another 3DS)

Definantly Hoenn as the world feels more dynamic and vast compared to Kanto. They are both great regions however.

Hoenn because the climate is more interesting, the rain and thunder was cool and I liked the contests etc. Fingers crossed for a remake.

Kanto... Hoenn was too frustrating in with too much water )x I liked the climate change but I would go with Kanto since I like its music a bit more and .. less water XP
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Hoenn for sure. It took me years to finally finish off FR, and as such, having started again and again, Kanto feels just boring to me. True, it is a good reigon, but I certainly prefer Hoenn.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Hoenn, as the gym leaders present more of a challenge.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

I like both of them but I prefer the Hoehn region because there are more pokemon, contests, and the graphics are nicer. ^^

As much as I like Hoenn, I'm gonna say Kanto as it is classic n has not much water area.

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Kanto. Despite Hoenn's longer gameplay, the Hoenn region ruined itself by taking away second-gen features such as day and night.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

Hoenn hands down, any day.

Kanto is too small of a region. Compared to sinnoh, unova or hoenn, kanto seems tiny. FRLG was a disappointment since it'd been better to me if they threw in johto as well. But noooo! They just had to add the sevii islands, which practically has no uses except adventure.

Compared to Emerald or even ruby and sapphire, FRLG has little replayability as there's nothing fun. It's sort of back to Gen 1. Honestly, FRLG was a disappointment to me... since I'm not the "nostalgic' person.

To me it's...
    Sinnoh > Hoenn > Unova > Johto > Kanto

Yeah, honestly, I'm not in any way satisfied with Kanto.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I have to say Hoenn.
    I have Sapphire, FR and LG, but Sapphire's the funnest.

I like both, but as Kanto was the first region (both in the franchise and in my Pokemon experience) I'll go with that.

I'm going with Kanto, mostly because Firered was my first game. Though Hoenn was memorable in its own right. Only downside is the amount of water...
    3DS FC: 2449 5658 1746
    Friend Safari: Steel type - Magneton, Skarmory & Klefki
    AC New Leaf Dream Address: 7000 2264 2236

Spoiler:- My Shinies (Not for Trade):

Hoenn, because I liked how the region was more exotic and I liked the Pokemon in it better.

Hoenn for me. But, I've always felt like it's hot there. :/

Kanto is my third favorite region, but I wasn't really a fan of Hoenn. Although, Hoenn is better than Sinnoh. A remake of R/S/E might make Hoenn more enjoyable.
    Black 2 (Badge quest): Flare Lv.16, Aerial Lv.18, Lava Lv.10, Aura Lv.14, Beacon Lv.15, MEOWTH Lv.100 (I know I suck at nicknaming. That's why I never nickname anybody, but for this I will be with the exception of shinies. Also, MEOWTH is only for making money with Pickup.)

Badge count: 1
    Shiny count: 1

Current shiny hunt:0/641
    Shinies:X2 (M/F),,(F)

I'm a devoted Hoenn fan. It was my favorite region and my favorite batch of Pokemon. Kanto was awesome, but there is no competition which one is my favorite.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I like Hoenn. The whole atmosphere and music that accompanied the region made it really memorable. Idk, Kanto was alright but it just didn't have all that much going for it in those departments.

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

Hoenn. I love the climate for some odd reasons. Also, the towns/cities were much more interesting compared to Kanto.
    I do like Kanto as well, but it's just... Not too well compared to Hoenn, imo.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast