Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, it would be cool

16 41.03%
  • no, it would be lame

23 58.97%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latios, Latias Breeding

Don't get too hung up on the inbreeding. Pokemon don't even breed the same way that animals do in Real Life. Since " inbreeding " is already possible in the games, the offspring have no genetic defects, and many NPCs in the games claim no human has ever seen a Pokemon actually lay an egg it's possible that Pokemon Breeding is just different biologically then what we know as fact.

'sides the Lati@s breeding don't have to be (and probably are not) related. The pairs in the Main Games have never been stated to be related.

It would be cool if Latios and Latias and breed some type of Legendary that will be genderless. Another flying/dragon type that you can only get by breeding these two.
    Diamond FC: 3910 6523 2539

Heart Gold FC: 4383 7057 5223

Soul Silver FC: 1248 0898 9572

White FC: 3696 9351 1254

Black FC: 1850 1188 5584

Pokemon White Team

"awesome", huh? *shudder*
    i'm against this idea, i mean they ARE related
    "I know, too, that death is the only god that comes when called." Robert Zelazny

3DS Friend code: 1650-1704-4324
    Safari: Bug type. Masquerain, Ledyba, Pinsir.

Pokemon Trade Offers (5th generation):

*FT: Shiny creation trio (Giratina/Palkia/Dialga), HA Kami Trio, Reshiram and Zekrom.
    *Looking for legitimate legendary or shiny Pokemon.

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5300-3515-7188

Twitter: @ReallyEmily5
    Believe it or not, I'm a girl.

Latios and Latias can/should not breed for two major reasons:
    1. The two are brother and sister according to the anime.
    2. They're legendary.

ThEnd.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster718 View Post
    Latios and Latias can/should not breed for two major reasons:
    [LIST=1][*]The two are brother and sister according to the anime.
    Anime =\= Game =\= Anime =\= Game. Which dex entry says they're siblings? For all we know they're really just a duo like Magmar and Electabuzz
    They're legendary.

ThEnd.
    Valid point, and the reason why the breeding would never happen. However, they could produce something like Phione.
    Last edited by lbsweet96; 8th April 2010 at 6:05 PM.

How about the fact that they've never been able to breed in any of the games they've appeared in so far? This would lead to much confusion.

Firstly, it specifically says in many accounts that there are colonies (for want of a better word) of Latias, it definitly uses plurals in relation to the number of them, just let everyone takes that into account, i think they shouldn't though, the 'shuddering' i think is a little melodramatic but i can see your point, if there are going to be offspring they would probably have made them in 3rd generation not now. They need some orginal legendary ideas for 5th generation it would be a shame at any rate if they had to pick variations from previous generations. SO, i think they shouldn't but for the fact that it would be a crying shame if they had to use a lati-baby opposed to an orginal legendary.
    Pokemon Black Pokemon White
    Thank you ~.:Northern Lights:.~

Much as there seems to be some good discussion going on here, at the end of the day this is discussing possible 5th gen Pokemon which is still not allowed. Plus, as linked, we already have topics similar to this over in Pokepolls.

Yeah, my fail for leaving this open for as long as it has been. Bad Vycksta, no Strategistshipping for you. 8|

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12