Thread: Winter Games (003)

Default Winter Games (003)

Winter Games!

When in a cabin in Johto, Pikachu and friends decide to play in the cold. But when Chikorita runs off...the group go into an Ice Rink where they play curling using Meowth among other things...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

meggirl63 Guest

If I was in that short, I'd definitely go ice skating on that very rink! ;-)

I didn't like this short very much. Most likely because I've had a bad expeirience with Ice before. I liked the part when Totodile was spraying down the Icicles.

I did see it and thought of it as the fun side of pokemon battling. I really liked the music when the pokemon were curling.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

Blaziken master Guest

This was pretty cute!Heracross was in it, so that racks up the points even if he didn't do anything noteworthy, unlike chikorita.I loove the part where meowth started causing trouble and slammed bulbasaur into a tree

Joe_Pokemon20000 Guest

I found out that it claims to be like the Olympic winter Games held in Nagano in 1998, and the Pikachu short is made to honour it.

Oh, this Pikachu short was hilarious, I liked the part when they all made Meowth like a hockey puck by using their tails and Chikorita using her leaf, making him hit the tree, causing Meowth to counter back by making Bulbasaur hit it, which resulted him to tie Meowth up with his vines making him spin like a top, colliding into Squirtle who was also spinning, making Meowth blast off!

I kinda liked it.

never seen it. wish i had though it looks cool

Yay!!! My friends list ::: FlyGonRulz, Russian May

HEYA EVERY1 CHECK OUT MY FORUMS HERE!!!

Link1
    Link2

If you cannot wait for Diamond and Pearl to come out then post this in ur sig!!! Started by Larxanne and Flygonrulz

i love the short as i always say....i love chrismast poke shows

10/10

merry christmas!

BEST. MUSIC. EVER!!!! Tanaka-san, you excelled youself!!!! (If it WAS Hirokazu Tanaka, that is. It just sounded like his style.)

Continuity fun - Misty wears the same jacket as she did in the second movie in this short (you'd think she'd wear pants too, given that the temperature is below the freezing point, but eh...)

But yeah, fun little episode. Pikachu and friends apparantly just start bullying Meowth for no reason, though. The writers don't seem to like Team Rocket too much.

I don't think i remember this one, but i always like the xmas ones, so i might have to look it up.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

i got the dvd set of this and two other christmas ones and i think its nice to see all of it in the game
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

Funny short.

I loved to see Chikorita with the Indigo pokemon like Vulpix and Poliwag.

and i loved how Meowth slipped on the ice, and he fell later.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Aww it was cute, I especially liked it when the Pokemon each took turns touching the icicles; would think they'd never seen ice. Chikorita ran away, again, but that ended up giving us the ice rink scenes with all the Pokemon sliding across the icy surface. I laughed at Pikachu's expression as it was about to bump into Chikorita. It was like a bonding episode for those two. But am I the only one who noticed that the scenery looked an awful lot like the scenery in the episode where Chikorita was caught? Interesting haha.

hey it was really great winter games episode you remind me the old days...all the time i am watching Pokemon only

This episode was ok... It was cool to see the Pokemon doing some curling. Wasn't sure why Pikachu and the other Pokemon were bullying Meowth in this episode. It was cool to see Meowth slam Bulbasaur into the tree and causing other trouble. It was funny to see Squirtle used as a hockey puck, and eventually was smashed right into the tree. It was funny to see Meowth keep slipping on the ice. It was funny to see Meowth used for Curling practic.

30/100
    Last edited by G50; 28th February 2011 at 6:16 PM.

I thought this short was funny. Has anyome ever noticd that there was alot of pokemon getting hurt.

There were some pretty funny moments in this episode. I enjoyed the part where some of the Pokemon got hit by those icicles. When the Pokemon were skating on the ice, I liked it when Pikachu slid into Chikorita and how Squirtle got dizzy. It was also funny watching the Pokemon mess with Meowth like that, but I felt a little bad for him.