Page 1 of 701 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Default Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

PLEASE READ THIS! THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
    ALSO SPECULATE STARTERS IN THE SPECULATION THREAD FOR NOW PLEASE KTHNX

Please only discuss information revealed by the official sources, such as Pokémon*Sunday, CoroCoro, and the official Pokémon sites -- we do not want any discussion on possible Pokémon, regions, or anything else. If you go off-topic your post WILL be deleted and you WILL be warned and/or be given infractions.

You can visit the official website here:
    Pokémon Black and White ~Official JP Site~

Pictures from the recent CoroCoro scans can be seen here:
    Pokémon Black and White Pre-Release Pictures
    Last edited by bobandbill; 9th May 2010 at 5:15 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

So, does this mean we'll have even MORE light type debates? Augh. =/ That's getting old. But I do look forward to more info from CoroCoro and Pokemon Sunday.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

am i the only one thinking that nintendo or gamefreak could be in trouble by using the color black?(like what happened with jinx.)maybe some fans will have a different impact with the colors?
    my fututre team in soul silver!

Spoiler:- credits:

^
    credits goes to ashley from pokecommunity!

Quote Originally Posted by unluckyred13 View Post
    am i the only one thinking that nintendo or gamefreak could be in trouble by using the color black?(like what happened with jinx.)maybe some fans will have a different impact with the colors?
    Its always possible in dub names it'll be Light and Dark or something along those lines.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

I think it's you guys who are making such a big deal about it. They're colors. We use them in day-to-day life. It's okay, really.

Pokemon Black n' White Nice Nintendo real nice I expect for these to be Pokemon Oynx and Pokemon Polar in America

i hope not! Black and White is a lot better than Light and Dark! or Oynx and Polar

And it's the time we waste, swallowed into space. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mawile412 View Post
    i hope not! Black and White is a lot better than Light and Dark!
    I doubt Nintendo wants to risk racial issues though. :/

Brock:

^ Technically, they're not colors. They're the absence or presence of light. =P

So jagged and cool-looking... @__@

I think Black and White is a HUGE step back from the titles of the 3rd and 4th generations, but whatever suits Gamefreak.

I'm just curious as to what they're going to call the Third Game. Pokemon Gray or Pokemon Brown? Pfft.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    Its always possible in dub names it'll be Light and Dark or something along those lines.
    well i hope so.
    if they keep that name they will probably be called racist.
    my fututre team in soul silver!

Spoiler:- credits:

^
    credits goes to ashley from pokecommunity!

pokemon yin and yang could work

And it's the time we waste, swallowed into space. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    So, does this mean we'll have even MORE light type debates? Augh. =/ That's getting old. But I do look forward to more info from CoroCoro and Pokemon Sunday.
    Nope because those sort of posts will just get deleted. =D But don't expect an absense of them appearing. -_-

Personally - they're fine names. Pokemon game names are never special (Red and Blue, random metal/gem names...FireRed LeafGreen...yeah). I wonder if they will change for the english versions, but I do doubt it. We shall see I suppose!

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(

Okay, really guys. Not everyone immediately jumps and calls racism when you see the words black and white. And imagine the backlash if they changed the names to something else for America? That'd make it seem even more racist than intended, which is to say none at all!

Quote Originally Posted by unluckyred13 View Post
    The colour black has been around a lot longer than the racial connotations.

If someone is going to get all upitty over the use of the word black reffereing to a colour in paradigm to white (but not the use of white, for whatever reason) then that person has a very skewered priority set.

Plus, it's at least considerable that NoA were already told about the titles' colours and considered that they weren't an issue.

Because to any rational person, they're not.
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Pokemon Black n' White Nice Nintendo real nice I expect for these to be Pokemon Oynx and Pokemon Polar in America
    you expect wrong. heartgold, soulsilver, platinum, diamond, pearl, firered, leafgreen, ruby, sapphire, emerald, crystal, gold, and silver have the same names as their japanese counterparts, the only difference is the language they're spoken in.

I'll probably get Black Version     Spoiler:- spoiler:
    Here are some links. Clicking on them, and then following their instructions will generate revenue from adds which is directly donated to one of many causes. You may click any of these links once a day to make a small donation. Please do so.

| Global Warming | Animals and Pet Shelters | Books For Children | Hunger | Breast Cancer | Children's Health Care

I think this is very uncreative of Gamefreak to use such names.

(Btw, this isn't going to cause racial problems. Black is a COLOR!)
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Talk about the names only? What the hell else is there to say? Lolracism? Because that's ridiculous.

You might as well lock the thread if the topic is "Black. White. Black and white."
    life is inaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    I think this is very uncreative of Gamefreak to use such names.
    Or they're just turning back to simpler roots. Like Red and Blue are oh so creative?

Actually, it's a shade.
    "Open your mouth too wide, and your ears close."

Do you wish you could do things like in the anime?
    Do you wish you could dodge behind a rock to avoid an attack?
    Do you wish that you could use the arena to stop your opponents cold?
    If you answered yes to any of those questions, the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League could be for you!

Oh em ge. Interesting to get the names of the games and the logos look pretty darn snazy if I may say. Kind of uncreative and odd for them to use black and white as a basis for the game's names since I thought they'd stick with gems and not go back to colors.

It'll be awesome to see the Black and White Box Legends though. The Box Legend for Pokemon Brown will be a giant pile of crap.

But no, actually, once we see the third Legend in BW we'll MOST LIKELY be able to instantly guess the title of the third game. Yay for using simplistic one-dimensional colors...

Quote Originally Posted by VerusMaya II View Post
    Or they're just turning back to simpler roots. Like Red and Blue are oh so creative?
    they were the first games in the series, nothing wrong with no creativity over a decade ago...

Talk about the names only? What the hell else is there to say? Lolracism? Because that's ridiculous.

You might as well lock the thread if the topic is "Black. White. Black and white."
    There's a reason for this. It's because if we allowed speculation, most of it stupid and repetitive and spammy, there will be so much spam it wouldn't be funny. If people were around the pre-D/P/Pt days... yeah. We had people suggesting DOG TYPES. D=

So until we have more info to discuss, it's just the game names only. Watch this thread get many pages just on that topic alone. =P

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Page 1 of 701 123451151101 ... LastLast