Page 111 of 701 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 17515

Thread: Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by the7evees View Post
    a racist issue may deface pokemon, personally id call it pokemon dawn and dusk :P ( they may seem like dumb names but jjust deal with it)
    As it would happen, GameFreak/Nintendo has copyrighted the names DuskGold and DawnSilver. I assume this was a possible name for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

lol i fell asleep for an hour and wake up to find some one had posted and admitted to creating fake scans (sighs)

Quote Originally Posted by Itzal View Post
    It would be stupid if there was an issue if people got ****** off about the name choice, their colors for god sake. It’s like people getting ****** off about calling a chalkboard a blackboard or a dry-erase board a white board (strange analogies I know bear with me lol). There is no reference to any ethnicity of people at all. People are just stupid.
    Black and white aren't colors, they're shades.

Quote Originally Posted by minredd View Post
    yea you're right i was just angry typing hahah
    -Sorry Diethard you're just not worth wasting my geass on-

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom champion Z View Post
    lol i fell asleep for an hour and wake up to find some one had posted and admitted to creating fake scans (sighs)
    Pretty sad, huh? Some people just need attention that badly...

As a fair warning to future posters: We're all pretty sick and tired of hearing this racism bullcrap. It's not funny. Your not funny. Racism isn't funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndaquil_The_Great View Post
    Going further with this starter discussion, what do we think they will look like this time around? Nothing specific, obviously, but will they stick to the formula of fire, grass, and water, or will they branch out to something entirely different. I feel that they will remain the usual types.

However, do you believe that they will be pure, or will they be other types as well?
    If they're going to add a second type, I want it to be either for when their beginning form or the second evolution, not have it at the final evo. Though, I also think they'll stick to the regular formula; I can't see them changing it. It does work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Indragon View Post
    Actually, I found out - the default name was Yellow with Ash being the first alt.
    I just checked, you're right. Sorry about that. xD
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazenuva View Post
    Perhaps it is a shop that sells items beneficial to a trade? Kings Rock, Magmarizer, etc....
    Unlikely, that would make those Pokémon too easy to get.. it probably is just a Mart!

Anyone have any guesses why the game seems to have so many degrees of depth (if that makes sense?!)? Is it just a beta thing? Not sure if I like the image of the City having such a '3D' effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus, The Original One View Post
    In Platinum the region got colder and snowed appeared in many routes and towns, even in Twinleaf Town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arceus, The Original One View Post
    Many has no specific value apart from being more than one. So yes, there are many areas covered in snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    In Platinum you have snow as far south as Twinleaf Town. : /

How can you tell me that Sinnoh isn't a colder region than, say, Hoenn? Or even Kanto? Besides, the fact that there's snow in one part of that region should've indicated that Sinnoh is a colder region than ones we've had already, and it's even colder in Platinum. Just because there isn't snow everywhere doesn't mean the region isn't cold.
    The point I was making was in towards the design of Dawn's outfit, which, besides the scarf, hat and boots was not very suitable for the temperature in Sinnoh. However, that was in Diamond and Pearl where she wore this, in which case it wasn't really an issue due to the only "cold" -ish place being Snowpoint.

However, with Platinum, Dawn's outfit gets a huge overall to the point of it being an entirely different outfit; she gets a pink parka and a much thicker scarf.

Her DP attire may not have been proper, but her Platinum look worked far better.

Also, I was going to make this distinction in my last post, but with everything else I didn't think it mattered. I'll post it now: Sinnoh's real life counterpart Hokkaido happens to be roughly at the same Lattitude as Montréal, Québec. And from I've been told, and heard of, that same area in Japan doesn't necessarily get that cold; maybe -10celsius at the most.

Hell, look at Candice; her attire is a tad skimpier than ever Dawns! (at least she's sensible enough to wear a sweater though...)

Also, this is a video game, why does it have to make any logical sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    Snow only appeared in Twinleaf Town, Route 201, Route 202, Verity Lakefront, plus all the northern areas that already had snow in D/P. That's not "many", considering how most of west Sinnoh has no snow, and all of east Sinnoh has no snow at all.
    My point was more towards Diamond and Pearl, but yeah, there wasn't really that much snow outside of Snowpoint city. And even then, those were just to show some things were "different"; it wasn't really "everywhere".

Also, Snowpoint and surrounding areas was more on the other side of a mountain, in which case it'd be easy for only one area to have snow.

And this was just to say there was "global warming". How in the hell did the area near Stark mountain look near tropical despite being at that height?

On topic of that discussion, my point was that Dawn's outfit was relatively fine for Diamond and Pearl. They deliberately changed her outfit for Platinum for the sole purpose of saying, "hey guess what? It's gotten colder in Sinnoh!"

Quote Originally Posted by Indragon View Post
    No, I don't think he meant it as an auction but more of an online Global Mart. You can deposit an item there like the GTS and people will buy it with Pokedollars (or if you don't want cash involved, how about exchanging with a desired item?)
    So, ebay, Pokemon version?

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by BulbaThor View Post
    Unlikely, that would make those Pokémon too easy to get.. it probably is just a Mart!

Anyone have any guesses why the game seems to have so many degrees of depth (if that makes sense?!)? Is it just a beta thing? Not sure if I like the image of the City having such a '3D' effect.
    I think it is just for the purposes of improving on the graphics of the game itself. Perhaps it will have a specific effect in Black and White, such as the Reverse World was for Platinum. But I for one really like the improved 3d-ness of the whole thing. It makes it look that much cooler.
    My SS team:

Pokemon Black and White for the win!

90% of Serebii Forum users have statistics or training philosophies in their signature. If you're a part of the 10% that don't, put this in your sig.

So what's the general opinion on the new Pokemon Center?

I think it's an amazing improvement from Diamond and Pearl. I don't know if I like the Mart and the Pokemon Center being one in the same, it kindof breaks tradition. But it looks so High-Tech and futuristic.

Quote Originally Posted by BulbaThor View Post

I think it is just for the purposes of improving on the graphics of the game itself. Perhaps it will have a specific effect in Black and White, such as the Reverse World was for Platinum. But I for one really like the improved 3d-ness of the whole thing. It makes it look that much cooler.
    My SS team:

Pokemon Black and White for the win!

90% of Serebii Forum users have statistics or training philosophies in their signature. If you're a part of the 10% that don't, put this in your sig.

The graphics are quite an improvement from the rest of the series, but it would take some time to get used to.
    As for the 'Global Mart' idea, trading an item for another desired item might work, similar to how the GTS is when trading Pokémon.

The graphics are quite an improvement from the rest of the series, but it would take some time to get used to.
    As for the 'Global Mart' idea, trading an item for another desired item might work, similar to how the GTS is when trading Pokémon.

So nobody is discussing this? What's up with the cave? Electricity and floating blue rocks? That's weird :?
    Lucario and Giratina Origin Forme Fan

If you are a Jesus Freak; and you live for God, put this in you signature (started by Freak of Nature)

Quote Originally Posted by miGz View Post
    Skitty's man enough to satisfy whales.

Quote Originally Posted by minredd View Post
    I don't know why everyone's so pedantic about the whole colours/shades thing.
    We all get it, we all understand, do we really need to keep reminding everyone?
    Last edited by lilboiibubblez; 12th April 2010 at 12:32 AM.

Black, White and CRIMSON
    Copy and paste to your sig if you agree Crimson will be, or at least should be the third Gen V game, and these three games will be the best, most non-racist games ever. (Started by Turtwig217 fixed by lilboiibubblez)

Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster718 View Post

I think it's an amazing improvement from Diamond and Pearl. I don't know if I like the Mart and the Pokemon Center being one in the same, it kindof breaks tradition. But it looks so High-Tech and futuristic.
    It certainly is convenient. but those were always the main focus points, besides Gyms, NPC's houses, etc.
    Will they introduce other things to do in town?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster718 View Post

I don't like it right now as it seems to take away from the towns. As more pictures come out I'll probably change my mind. It is convenient, there's no denying that.

I like it because its convenient, yeah. They'll probably still have the huge pokemart seperate that they have in every game.

Also the people posting just to let people know that "Black and white are shades not colors." honestly who gives a damn? It's not like we need a lesson everytime they're referred to as colors. Dedicating entire posts just to point out technicalities make you look like a retard, js.

anyone notice the detailed shadows behind the sprites? srry, I don't have the image

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    I like it because its convenient, yeah. They'll probably still have the huge pokemart seperate that they have in every game.
    You mean the Department Store? Man that's a good point, how will they do that? Maybe the Pokemon Center will be the bottem floor, and the other levels will be like the past games.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkLucario View Post

So nobody is discussing this? What's up with the cave? Electricity and floating blue rocks? That's weird :?
    I was under the impression that the rocks or whatever those are were falling from somewhere. Maybe the "electricity" is just a screw up with the magazine? That cave might be a place with some weird magnetic fields that Magneton & Nosepass evolve at?

The thing I'm curious about is what the square shaped section on the ledge to the far right of the image could be.

And so it begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    That cave might be a place with some weird magnetic fields
    Exactly what I thought. Maybe we're finnally getting another Electric legendary, and this is it's dungeon? Oooh man I'm getting my hopes way up.

someone needs to translate the scans

Quote Originally Posted by icelord0626 View Post
    someone needs to translate the scans
    Pretty sure all of the text is just in the vein of "Oh my goodness, what could this be?! How mysterious!" and other non-information like that. There are enough people capable of translating Japanese, both here and at the fanbase's other bastions, that if any of the captions said anything noteworthy, we'd have known by now.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The thing is with the 3D aspect is that it could have been done in the previous games.

This is by manipulating HGSS with a Motion 3D game. Comparatively, the new graphics aren't all that impressive.

Page 111 of 701 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast