Page 151 of 701 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 17515

Thread: Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan!!!! View Post
    Why can't we just have customizable characters? It'd be so much better....
    I don't see how it'd be better. I'd see it as a gimmick that has no impact whatsoever on the game

Because there's no real need for it?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Plus it would eat all the space available on the game cards, wouldn't it? Each customisation would need a sprite for left, right, forward and backward, walking in every direction, biking in every direction, in the battle, etc.

if they can do it for each pokemon then they can do it for a few characters :P and it'd make it more personal, cos I want the char to look like me not that guy -.-

Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    Plus it would eat all the space available on the game cards, wouldn't it? Each customisation would need a sprite for left, right, forward and backward, walking in every direction, biking in every direction, in the battle, etc.
    Well, it's not like they'd have sheets for every single possible combination... As long as they had sprites for the parts and they just sorta piece them together... Yeah... I bet I'm not making any sense.

Sprites don't take up all that much space anyhow, you'd be surprised. :[

BURMY BURMY BURMY BURMY.

if they can do it for each pokemon then they can do it for a few characters :P and it'd make it more personal, cos I want the char to look like me not that guy -.-
    It's for that specific reason that we don't have space for customising.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

That city shot, while an amazing one, kinda worries me. It gives the vibes that the cities will encompass much larger area than the ones we usually have (the ones with only 9-10 houses that you can run past in ten or so seconds). What if it does not live up to the expectation?

Quote Originally Posted by Itsukushima View Post
    So I sort of signed up just to say this but, that 'red thing' you speculate on the bridge that you call a cue-ball. Resembles a red jinrikisha turned away from you to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas666 View Post
    Can't be a bike, there are two pixels for feet

Spoiler:- Pic, again:
    I think the idea of a jinrikisha seen from behind, or rickshaw as it's otherwise known as (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickshaw), seems very accurate to the 'red thing', to me.
    In the blown up image, the 'feet' are actually 2 wheels, much like a rickshaw. The black lines coming up from the sides are the poles that the navigator holds.
    The light-coloured top would just be a straw hat, with the red part is the carriage for a person to ride in.

However, i could be wrong, and it could be anything anyone suggests at the moment. A gameplay clip in the next month would be very welcomed to confirm any of our suspicions.

Quote Originally Posted by KurowaSan View Post
    If the region is based on Chuugoku, the big city could really be Hiroshima, as it's surrounded with water, just like Hiroshima has the sea and several rivers passing through it, forming islands.
    I certainly agree with this. And on the left, as 4th KIRA mentioned, does look like a port or pier, which Hiroshima also has.
    The city behind the bridge would possibly be based on Okayama as it has the Great Seto Bridge
    Based on the Chuugoku theory, IF they ever have a desert in this region, it should be near Tottori (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottori_Sand_Dunes)

That should be enough for speculation. Just need to wait now...
    Last edited by The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites; 16th April 2010 at 1:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by elite ralf View Post
    lol.but all we can do now is:
    wait,speculate,hope,and rejoice.that's been the "new pokemon game" tradition over the years.^^
    <Insert funny meme here>

Quote Originally Posted by snare View Post
    Well, it's not like they'd have sheets for every single possible combination... As long as they had sprites for the parts and they just sorta piece them together... Yeah... I bet I'm not making any sense.

Sprites don't take up all that much space anyhow, you'd be surprised. :[
    You'd be surprised actually. Having four different sprites for each piece of clothing, depending on how many they have, actually uses up a fair amount of space on a DS cart. They're not very big.

I think having a detailed customisation system might take up too much space.

But i think that it might be possible to have specific outfits to switch from, like in HG/SS, where you have 3 different outfits (though 2 can only be used in the underground/RocketGoldenrod or the Pokeathlon) even a limited wardrobe like that would give more choices for players, rather than your character always looking the same and having no ability to change it.

I was absolutely thrilled in Soulsilver when my character put on the Rocket Outfit. i wish it lasted for longer

Quote Originally Posted by KurowaSan View Post
    If the region is based on Chuugoku, the big city could really be Hiroshima, as it's surrounded with water, just like Hiroshima has the sea and several rivers passing through it, forming islands.
    I like this idea, however I have no idea were Chuugoku is.
    ARCEUS, THE ORIGINAL ONE

The new pictures are a bit of a let down for me. I don't see much of a graphical update. The overworld sprites are almost exactly the same as 4th gen. Really, it's just kinda like HGSS with a different camera angle. Hopefully, the storyline will make up for the graphics.
    I Believe in Ruby & Sapphire Remakes
    (Although the Remakes Won't Be As Good)

bEsT wIsHeS!

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus, The Original One View Post
    I like this idea, however I have no idea were Chuugoku is.
    Its the island where Cianwood resides on its tail end at the east. Chigoku/Shokoku is far better seeing how they won't be too small or too big, but I prefer Tohoku being the region much more. Uh Kyogre, basing Pokemon on graphics or storyline is kinda freakin hard, its the gameplay that mostly matters.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    It doesn't really require all that much space as you think, even if they do use individual sprites for each customization instead of some other method. Customization obviously won't be limitless and considering the number of sprites already in the game, this'd be just a minor fraction. With all the other stuff the game cards can hold, I don't see why people are saying that a few
    customization would take up insane amounts of space.

Another possible alternative that was suggested by someone earlier is to go with a number of preset custom styles for trainers, either entire sprites or their clothes/accessories/hair, etc. This would give people their customization while still limiting the use of space on the game card.

As we wind on down the road~

[QUOTE=The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites;11238838]I think the idea of a jinrikisha seen from behind, or rickshaw as it's otherwise known as (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickshaw), seems very accurate to the 'red thing', to me.
    In the blown up image, the 'feet' are actually 2 wheels, much like a rickshaw. The black lines coming up from the sides are the poles that the navigator holds.
    The light-coloured top would just be a straw hat, with the red part is the carriage for a person to ride in.

However, i could be wrong, and it could be anything anyone suggests at the moment. A gameplay clip in the next month would be very welcomed to confirm any of our suspicions.

I think that i looks very much like a back sprite of an old women with her hand folded behind her back, a rickshaw, although possible, i think may be unlikly
    Pokemon Black Pokemon White
    Thank you ~.:Northern Lights:.~

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Uh Kyogre, basing Pokemon on graphics or storyline is kinda freakin hard, its the gameplay that mostly matters.
    I admit storyline is a side-issue when it comes to Pokemon games but the general gameplay, as it stands, will always remain the same; so the graphics are one of the only thing that people can look forward to for changes and enhancements.

And yeah, who wouldn't expect/want each subsequent Pokemon game to have better graphics or at least refine the old ones?

As we wind on down the road~

Its the island where Cianwood resides on its tail end at the east. Chigoku/Shokoku is far better seeing how they won't be too small or too big, but I prefer Tohoku being the region much more. Uh Kyogre, basing Pokemon on graphics or storyline is kinda freakin hard, its the gameplay that mostly matters.
    Kinda slightly coincidal, considering the last 2 games were in Johto.
    ARCEUS, THE ORIGINAL ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Indragon View Post
    I admit storyline is a side-issue when it comes to Pokemon games but the general gameplay, as it stands, will always remain the same; so the graphics are one of the only thing that people can look forward to for changes and enhancements.

And yeah, who wouldn't expect/want each subsequent Pokemon game to have better graphics or at least refine the old ones?
    Everyone would, and these games do this. The DPtHGSS did not have a proper sky in the backround and it did not look like it could be a proper world, and not just in a bird eye view.

Kinda slightly coincidental, considering the last 2 games were in Johto.
    Its the same way people can expect Tohoku as the region as its the region were the Shinto ruins technically should be in.
    BLAH

Actually the island where Cianwood resides is Shikoku region. Chuugoku region is connected to the mainland, or west of Olivine City. But it doesn't make a real difference - they're all west of Johto.

Kinda slightly coincidal, considering the last 2 games were in Johto.
    And Chuugoku is also east of Hoenn. In relation to Japan geographically, Hoenn is the island of Kyushu, although turned around.
    So, Chuugoku/Shikoku is actually between Hoenn and Johto.
    However, the Chuugoku theory is just speculation, so it equally might be in Tohoku. Although, the urban environment does seem similar to the port cities of southern Chuugoku. But there could be some in Tohoku that i haven't heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxRules View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites View Post
    I think the idea of a jinrikisha seen from behind, or rickshaw as it's otherwise known as (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickshaw), seems very accurate to the 'red thing', to me.

I think that i looks very much like a back sprite of an old women with her hand folded behind her back, a rickshaw, although possible, i think may be unlikly
    Now that i look at it, it does look like an old woman. Although the supposed 'legs' throw me off. Just need more images and clips just to confirm...
    Quote Originally Posted by elite ralf View Post
    lol.but all we can do now is:
    wait,speculate,hope,and rejoice.that's been the "new pokemon game" tradition over the years.^^
    <Insert funny meme here>

I agree, and I'm pretty sure this will be ingame region. How do I know? A major clue is that the name of this region is based on Yin and yang (look it up on wikipedia). Black and white anyone?
    My current Soul Silver team -

Chūgoku also has mountains, deserts, cities - it's the perfect setting IMO. Whereas Tohuku, is, well, a tad bland...
    Last edited by Shiny_Skarmory; 16th April 2010 at 4:24 PM.
    My current Soul Silver team -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinglefruit View Post
    The thing I'm wondering more than anything, (screw racism, I hear about that everyday, lets all play pokemon together and get away from it) is what the 3rd game will be called.

Grey?
    Just doesn't sound like a good name for pokemon. zP
    better than pokemon: brown streak!
    pokenoob's PokePet

swift the level 50 Umbreon!

Spoiler:- quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Skarmory View Post
    I agree, and I'm pretty sure this will be ingame region. How do I know? A major clue is that the name of this region is based on Yin and yang (look it up on wikipedia). Black and white anyone?
    That Makes Sense
    Awesome : )

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Skarmory View Post
    Coincidence that sounds really good. I can't wait until we get the name of the region Black and White are set in. New region FTW.

Nice nice nice!
    I love the graphics, I just wonder how walking will work like everyone else.
    That city is huge and it looks like there is an exit to the upper left as well as the one near the bottom.

Now that bridge, am I the only one that thinks the grannybotbiker 2000 has a mohawk?

Page 151 of 701 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast