Page 162 of 701 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 17515

Thread: Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Hm i must admit. The sprites for the NPCs do not look very pretty in the city.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Oh wow... really not as good as I had epected that video was O.O

The Chikorita, Pikachu and Piplup on that billboard thing look like the front versions of the sprites that follow you in HGSS, which in itself is very reminiscent of the Pokéthlon boards. To me, that says those sprites are in the game then, which gives me hope for Pokémon following once again ^.^

The city does make me think of Pokéthlong Dome alot too (someone mentioned something about that earlier). It almost reminds me of Olivine in particular as it seems you can only come in from north or via boat. For some reason, to me, I get the feeling it's going to be an area that is sectioned off from the rest of the region, like the Pokéthlon Dome or Safari Zone in HGSS or the Battle Frontier areas in Platinum, something that isn't quite directly in the main region, you know?

The map at the start looks definitely like just a map of the city, which is really cool ^.^ the way the city looks based on that map though, you come in from above (north), so that thing on the left probably isn't a train station or anything. Going on that theory that you access the city by, essentially, walking southwards, then that image on the bridge is probably not related to this city at all (as in that image that character is walking northwards). But then, with this perspective and camera angle changing, it's probably going to be really difficult to really tell if that is actually true or not cos they could probably just rotate the camera or something *sighs*

Being the city with the port of this game, I wonder if there'll be a boat in it and where it will take us - somewhere big like from Olivine to Vermilion, a smaller trek like from Snowpoint to Battle Frontier/Slateport to Lilycove; or be like the SS Anne and just go nowhere with you onboard.

It does look like though that a lot of those buildings aren't interactable with though - many of them have no visible door and, on the town map, there doesn't seem to be any indication - some of the areas on that map seem to have either a green or a black sqaure, which I'm guessing is to signify a door (like the way they are shown on the maps in Ranger). But, who's to say? I'm interested to see them go down those central alleyways and see what it's like in that circular area in the middle and how the camera perspective will change then - will it flow with you like it's down here, or go to a short black loading screen like it's done before?

x
    Last edited by Sweet Pinpuku; 18th April 2010 at 8:21 AM.

I find it funny that no matter what they do, pokemon company can't win.

Random Pokefan #1: Durrhurr, the series is too repetitive!, they should make something cool like make it more 3D or add MMORPG style online play! Sprites r dum.

Random Pokefan #2: Durrhurr, it looks so bad now! Pokemon MUST only be seen from a top down perspective and only minimal 3D MUST be used. Pokemon should never do anything different ever! I liked it back when there were only 150 and you couldn't see any colours blah blah.

Seriously, I think they've done the best thing possible. They knew that they'd anger a lot of fans if they ditched the sprites, and so they kept the sprites while simultaneously working on a way to make the game feel more dynamic by fiddling with clever perspective tricks and background movement.
    Last edited by Ryanide; 18th April 2010 at 8:32 AM.
    Blissey is not only annoying, but very delicious too. Just be prepared to trim off the 3-foot thick layer of fat and fry with mint sauce. Meat yeild: Enough for two steaks.

Pearl fc: 0988-8784-1661 Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanide View Post
    I find it funny that no matter what they do, pokemon company can't win.

Random Pokefan #1: Durrhurr, the series is too stale and boring, they should make something cool like make it more 3D! Sprites r dum.

Random Pokefan #2: Durrhurr, it looks ugly now! Pokemon MUST not be 3D. Pokemon should never do anything different ever! I liked it back when there were only 150 and you couldn't see any colours blah blah.
    This will happen no matter what, but one would have that those hankering for 3D like we have now would have looked at Stark Mountain's interior, and the various other instances of sprite zooming and camera changes first.

Oh yeah, and those 'buildings' in the background on the bridge shot are just fluff. Because there's a new perspective change, the developers need to find a way to make it seem like the world around your character stretches out beyond where you can adventure. In the previous games this wasn't a problem because the camera never came down to that height where you could actually see the horizon. You can still expect your path to be blocked of by fences and rocks and things as usual.
    Blissey is not only annoying, but very delicious too. Just be prepared to trim off the 3-foot thick layer of fat and fry with mint sauce. Meat yeild: Enough for two steaks.

Pearl fc: 0988-8784-1661 Ryan

Just seen the gameplay video...the 3D looks absolutley amazing! Plus the city music sounds brilliant. The plasma screens at the top of the buildings look fun too
    Hoenn:
    Sinnoh:
    Unova/World Tournament A:
    Unova 2/World Torunament B:
    My name is Luke. My favourite Pokemon is Zorua. I want to make films when I'm older. DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR?
    (Also Luke's Japanese seiyuu happens to be my favourite one)

I keep missing all the new information here...

But it's hard to keep track of all. What's new?

I really like the gameplay video, and I'm not totally distraught over the sprities or anything either. They look alright...they'll most likely get a touch up in the coming months.

I wonder where that green/white entrance/exit at the start of the video leads to...

Those pokemon sunday people kinda scare me though

Quote Originally Posted by vipsoccermaster View Post
    I keep missing all the new information here...

But it's hard to keep track of all. What's new?
    Look at the main site, it keeps you updated with all the latest information.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    I really like the gameplay video, and I'm not totally distraught over the sprities or anything either. They look alright...they'll most likely get a touch up in the coming months.

I wonder where that green/white entrance/exit at the start of the video leads to...

Those pokemon sunday people kinda scare me though
    Yeah,they kinda try too much to be funny^^

but the game looks amazing 5/5 stars^_^ & I bet there will be more traditional japanese towns with traditional houses[I dunno the names of those houses] kinda like Ecruteak City

Oooh, I love the video! The sprites do look shoddy, but it's very likely it will all be cleaned up. As for the billboard, that is most certainly a Pichu/Pikachu, Piplup and Chikorita. And the map looks like a map of the city. If the city is big enough to have it's own map, it must be a colossal city!

Quote Originally Posted by KurowaSan View Post
    There is strong speculation so far about the new region being based on the Chuugoku-Shikoku region of Japan (also called Chuushikoku).

I was trying to put together everything that was discussed so far, what I was thinking about and sort of a tour through this japanese region.

Sorry if this kind of speculation is not allowed. If not, please just tell me and I'll delete the post.

Spoiler:- WARNING - HUGE TEXT:
    Although it's just a remour, it's likely that you're right about it.
    We'll see when the official time comes. (^.~)
    Owned domain names:
    nintenlord.com, dshack.org, yamihoshi.nl, cw-server.eu, woondroomgoes.nl, mariokartcw.org, thecwnetwork.org

Babysitting on:
    joliekemulder.nl

Quote Originally Posted by YamiHoshi View Post
    Although it's just a remour, it's likely that you're right about it.
    We'll see when the official time comes. (^.~)
    You've convinced me, regardless if this is just speculation.
    ARCEUS, THE ORIGINAL ONE

Quote Originally Posted by DSDark View Post
    honestly i'm not impressed with the NPC in the zoomed out city. Looks really weird and crappy, the city it's self is amazing but the npc's not so much
    Well this isn't the final version of the game; the NPCs are liable to change.

White FC: 3310 3793 8077

Hey, at least the music sounds better than Diamond and Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by .:Alex:. View Post
    Hey, at least the music sounds better than Diamond and Pearl
    I liked the music, it was quite jazzy

On the whole this game is turning out great, I wish they weren't as stingy on the details though...
    ARCEUS, THE ORIGINAL ONE

Just watched the small, repeating video.

The 3D works just how I thought it probably would [just rotating arcs in the battles to see now. Lol.]

Though I'm annoyed [and intrigued] as to why they had the main character only go left and in no other directions [hiding the fact that there's 8 degrees of movement, finally?]

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    Though I'm annoyed [and intrigued] as to why they had the main character only go left and in no other directions [hiding the fact that there's 8 degrees of movement, finally?]
    Shhh.... Your going to get shot.
    ARCEUS, THE ORIGINAL ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus, The Original One View Post
    Shhh.... Your going to get shot.
    Serebii the jackass can bring it. ;-)

Tis no less speculation than everyone else has done in this thread [they may as well make such a single stickied thread now if it bothers them so much].

I had to rewatch the video just to hear the music clearly, though it was still hard with all those voices in the background. It sounded ok, almost the same as DP. Nothing too advanced, though I wasn't expecting anything advanced anyway. It was just, pleasant. There's no other way to describe it, maybe because it only lasted 15 seconds

It was probably mentioned before, but I'm curious as to why that billboard in the game had Pikachu, Piplup, and Chikorita. I guess it'll have 5th Gen Pokemon once the real game is out?
    Last edited by Lorde; 18th April 2010 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    Serebii the jackass can bring it. ;-)

Tis no less speculation than everyone else has done in this thread [they may as well make such a single stickied thread now if it bothers them so much].
    not by him but the fans who are tired of hearing about it lol

But I'm sure we'll here more about the sprites too

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    . There's no other way to describe it, maybe because it only lasted 15 seconds
    Hahahaha, it sounded nice for a small track though.
    ARCEUS, THE ORIGINAL ONE

Did anyone noticed this?

They've slightly changed it in very short time.
    From left to right: Pokémon Sunday - Black and White official site.
    Owned domain names:
    nintenlord.com, dshack.org, yamihoshi.nl, cw-server.eu, woondroomgoes.nl, mariokartcw.org, thecwnetwork.org

Babysitting on:
    joliekemulder.nl

Quote Originally Posted by YamiHoshi View Post
    Did anyone noticed this?

They've slightly changed it in very short time.
    From left to right: Pokémon Sunday - Black and White official site.
    No more sign on the right of the city, and a massive electronic Pikachu billboard thing above the Pokémon Center.

And they've changed the sprite of the female character :O !!!!!
    ARCEUS, THE ORIGINAL ONE

Hey! They got rid of the hair I hated! Wishes DO come true!

Edit: Unless thats a male sprite they used, I can't really tell.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Page 162 of 701 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast