Page 19 of 701 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by imapirate View Post
    I have a question: is there a bigger version of the NDS cartidge? By that I mean, more space. Cause if there isn't, they won't be able to create something "in addition" to what already exists. They'll only replace it.
    You realize that with all that they put in HG/SS that they only used between 1/2 and 3/4 of the space available on the DS cartridge? So they have plenty of space to work with. The question is not whether there is space, but rather what would fit better.
    Last edited by DBK; 9th April 2010 at 6:34 PM.
    MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

Quote Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
    It's in both.
    While Taoism influenced Japanese culture, formal Taoism is rare outside of China. The Japanese adaption/equivalent of Yin Yang is "In-Yo", which is not always portrayed with black and white.

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/ou6tl3.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by anmras View Post
    I love the ideas of the legendaries being manifestations of Yin and Yang! If there is a third game then you gotta wonder what kind of legendary would be made for that. Would it be a mix (not a blend like grey) of both? Maybe it'll be Pokemon Sparkle, but I still prefer Pokemon Rainbow.

Kindrindra: Yin and Yang are buddhist symbols, which did not originate in Japan. Yin and Yang is not part of their own culture O-o.
    That is really a very good name for the tird game!
    pokemon rainbow.
    since black and white aren't real colours.
    Future White team:
    Jaroda
    Denchura
    Burunkeru
    Kenhorou/ Wargle
    Musharna/ Kojondo
    Shanderaa/ ononokussu

Quote Originally Posted by darkjigglypuff View Post
    I'll probably get Black Version     Spoiler:- spoiler:
    LMAO!

Anyways, I think those names are kind of lame.
    Most of the previous games were named after gems and stones, so why not keep it that way? Jade and Opal would have been nice in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    You realize that with all that they put in HG/SS that they only used between 1/2 and 3/4 of the space available on the DS cartridge? So they have plenty of space to work with. The question is not whether there is space, but rather would would fit better.
    Oh, that was unknown to me and thanks for the answer.*Hopefully they'll add as much content as they possibly can and, also hopefully, create one hell of a story line.

FINNALY DONE READING ALL 23 PAGES. Time for my opinion. I think that the title gives gamefreak enough to work with , as not being restricted by the colors of the ledgends.

Currently searching:
    Shiny Regirock - Ruby 5000+ Soft Resets

I EV train. I breed for good IVs. But I dont ever use action replay or partipate in Shoddy Battle, why? Because their ideology is its all about stratagy. I disagree. Half of competitive pokemon is actually obtaining the pokemon! Some of us actually work for our creeply sentimental set of pixals. Imagine if everyone could Action Replay Ash's invincible Pikachu? - Senzura

black=good

white=evil

In Japan right?

maybe they will have different stories than previous " two guys going down the same road" path.

it would be interesting if they added Hoenn in the games to tie with HG/SS
    I've never heard of warnerbroman.
    You can't stop staring can you?

Quote Originally Posted by imapirate View Post
    Oh, that was unknown to me and thanks for the answer.*Hopefully they'll add as much content as they possibly can and, also hopefully, create one hell of a story line.
    lol no problem. sorry if I came off as a jerk. Reading all 23 pages of this thread will do that you

If you add me P/VM me.

Oh ho ho! Pokemon: Black and Pokemon: White? I say, my favorite color combo ever is being used to represent the new games, and I couldn't be any happier.

Gotta say, I really dig the idea of implementing Yin and Yang here. Two forces co-existing with each other, the balance of nature, etc. I also like the "prequel" idea. Hopefully these new games really are revolutionary.

Bring it on, I say! 8)
    Last edited by Yuppirox; 9th April 2010 at 6:45 PM.

I really like the names, they're fresh and to be honest, the gemstone/metal system was getting tired, where could it have gone from there? These names feel clean and crisp

I know everyone thinks (and they probably will be) that the legendaries will be based around yin and yang, but hasn't the past two generations featured that kind of legendary relationship in the plot? Sea and earth with kyogre and groudon, time and space with dialga and palkia... I'd like to see something different, I prefer to learn the histories of the legendaries alone rather than their current story. It'd be a nice change

I'm looking forward to more information though!
    ZORUA

Aah. The cycle of waiting for next generation pokemon news begins again. It never gets less exciting

DBK and Senzura - I admire you both for having the patience to read it all :O. /jumped right at page 20.

D*N - I know right? And imagine what the legendary would look like! Then again, Ho-oh is already oriented with the rainbow. Still, its a much better title than grey or crimson in my opinion

Zorua - I think the black and white harmony they're talking about with these new games might have something to do with night and day. It seems like it would be a fun concept, especially since almost every pokemon could take a side rather than just sit on the sidelines and watch
    Last edited by anmras; 9th April 2010 at 6:46 PM.

I'm kinda glad they went back to the simple names. I'm really glad they didn't do something like "DarkBlack and LightWhite".
    And, oddly, when I first heard there were going to be new games, I thought maybe they could do something like Black and White

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    lol no problem. sorry if I came off as a jerk. Reading all 23 pages of this thread will do that you
    Haha don't worry I didn't think about that and I prefer a clear couple of sentences answer than a vague one with 60 smiley faces.

Quote Originally Posted by warnerbroman View Post
    black=good

white=evil

In Japan right?

maybe they will have different stories than previous " two guys going down the same road" path.

I wish they would I loved hoenn..........AND HATED JOHTO. yah I said it! What are you all gonna do about it!

Currently searching:
    Shiny Regirock - Ruby 5000+ Soft Resets

I EV train. I breed for good IVs. But I dont ever use action replay or partipate in Shoddy Battle, why? Because their ideology is its all about stratagy. I disagree. Half of competitive pokemon is actually obtaining the pokemon! Some of us actually work for our creeply sentimental set of pixals. Imagine if everyone could Action Replay Ash's invincible Pikachu? - Senzura

This was great news to wake up to this morning! I love the new names, I like that they are going to use Black & White, it's a nice return to more simplistic names like Blue & Red and honestly I was getting tired of hearing people speculated about more and more complex gemstone names.

I also like the idea that these could be Yin and Yang themed as many have suggested, it makes sense and it's a great idea, now we'll just have to see if that could be true or not.

Personally I think Pokemon Grey would be fine for a 3rd title as it fits the monochromatic theme that this generation is starting. However I also wonder if it could be Crimson since that's one of the trademarks and look at it this way:

Black + White + Crimson(Red) = the colors of a pokeball

Anyway I've very pleased with the names and the logos look really cool, I hope the names won't get changed in the US release and I also hope the US logo will look as cool.
    "Two players, two sides. One is light, one is dark."

Quote Originally Posted by warnerbroman View Post
    black=good

white=evil

In Japan right?

Nah. Someone explained it already, but in Japan, black would mean "knowledge, experience" and white, "naivety". As far as I know, red is the color considered to be opposite to white in the same sense black is in the West.

But now that you said it, it could be interesting to see your rival working to the villain...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheimi-Shaymin View Post
    Then you sir, must be burned. May I graciously pour gasoline onto your person and ignite you with a match, and allow my farts to viciously make the flames bigger.
    You'll have your inner organs burned along with him and I'm gonna laugh at both of you.
    Last edited by Mario with Lasers; 9th April 2010 at 6:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Clearly Bianca is the Shadow Triad

FACT: You never see her at the end
    FACT: Musharna can create illusions in a similar manner to the Triad's vanishing acts
    FACT: Musharna can create illusions of people
    FACT: You never see the Triad until after Bianca gets her Muuna
    FACT: Being the Shadow Triad would give her something to do in life

Quote Originally Posted by Senzura View Post
    I wish they would I loved hoenn..........AND HATED JOHTO. yah I said it! What are you all gonna do about it!
    Then you sir, must be burned. May I graciously pour gasoline onto your person and ignite you with a match, and allow my farts to viciously make the flames bigger.
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

Its funny looking at the new games lol,when i was about 6(just after crystal came out )me and my friend designed a pokemon black & white game with 100 new pokemon each all drawn with crayola crayons now there here i wonder if they have Canthorpe?(a made up poke )
    SSFC:4941 8016 0204
    Platinum:4512 3049 1908
    Red im after you!!!!!

LF shiny legit charmander & wifi battles PM me

Feed your testicles to an angry ferret.

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

I think GameFreak just names the games after whatever is playing on the radio. First was "Diamonds and Pearls" by Prince, then "Heart and Soul" by T'Pau. So is Gen 5 named after "Black and White" by Three Dog Night or "Black or White" by Michael Jackson? And why didn't they do "Ebony and Ivory" to stick with the '80s theme?

The names are too simple, but they give us a lot of speculation about the legendary Pokemon that will appear in these games.

*thinks with wide eyes*

Platinum's National Dex

Seen: 493
    Caught: 493

Since the games names are based on the start I'm sure this game will have a lot of surprises. Can't wait for Pokemon Sunday, hope they show a short video.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheimi-Shaymin View Post
    LMAO!!!! That is getting sig'd

If you add me P/VM me.

I'm hoping that they show some new animals, they've over done a few species when there are hundreds more.

I'm excited...but dubious because I had my heart broken with the advent of D/P/Pt. Lets hope we don't have any disasters.
    I was playing Pokemon before you were born.
    1996...ah the wasted years of my childhood watching 10 year olds catch animals with their balls.
    Fire trainer forever.

i loved hoenn too!!! everyone else thinks its the worse but better then sinnoh by a mile...and i hated the pokemon in Johto, the region and joining to Kanto was good, but i hated the Gen 2 pokemon (except ampharos and umbreon)

Page 19 of 701 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast